Amendola's Injury Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Amendola's Injury Question

it appears that Amendolas body simply cant stand up to the rigors of the game. great, great player, seemingly his career will be shorted as his body fails him.

has it ever been discussed here? Amnedola signing with the questions;

-he seemingly signed with the PAts immediately. Either he really, really wanted to play here, or the Pats blew him way with an offer?

-did he field any other offers, and if he did, anyone hear what those offers may have been?

-his contract has protection for the PAts via a game bonus (he get $31,000 every game played), but the contract does not seem very cap wise at all...his back end cap hit is quite high. I simply cant see his body allowing him to play 5 years into his 32 years age year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I've had a pulled groin muscle when I played ball.  Many, many years ago.

First off,  I was not a world class athlete.  If you're playing in the NFL then I would characterize you as such.

Secondly, I didn't get the medical attention, therapy and rehab that these players get.

So, there is no comparison to when someone like you or I had a similar type injury and a professional athlete such as DA.

We don't even know what he really has.  Small tear/tears in the adductor?  Sports hernia?  Pulled groin?  One, two or all three of these? What does it matter?  He'll be back when he's ready and he will contribute when he is.

Give the kid a break.

Too many people here I think are just rooting against this guy just so they can say, "I told you so."

Thank You.   Every time we hear about a pro athlete getting injured we get the chorus of   "I had the same thing in Pop Warner, High School, etc".    Apples and oranges.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

and his 1st game here and he already got another one. Seems he has a better Qb here and We can expect better numbers. No matter how much you hate this move, it wont bring Welkie back,. ijs. You are looking for reasons that he wont succeed here. That is being negative , sorry. Atleast root for the guy, yeeesh.

Fair enough.  But no, I am not looking for reasons he won't succeed.  He provides enough reasons on his own.  Like I said many times before, I hope he catches the game winning TD's in the next 5 SB's and is MVP in a few of them.  When he was with the Rams I thought Amendola could be a good Welker type... his only problem was being able to stay on the field.  The Pats took a chance that was foolish, imo, and I was bashed here many times for saying so.  Yet, this is exactly the reason why I didn't like the decision and people are being silly with the excuses.  If it was another player, one who many people here didn't go out on a limb on with expectations, then my thoughts would be with the majority. 

This is probably the 3rd time Ive seen you post these ridiculous expectations. So I just have one question. When the H3ll did Wes do any of that for us. Game winning catch in the next 5 SBs!?!??! Cmon man, you gotta come off that or people aint gonna take you serious. Lets move on bro. IF this guy doesnt catch 5 game winning SB catches a a few MVPs, its a bad signing. ReallY??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too many people here I think are just rooting against this guy just so they can say, "I told you so."

What?.... people are looking at things negatively here? NO WAY!!.... LOL

Well, we just have to understand that these negative nellies are "realistic" fans who prefer to look at the team through ka ka colored glasses.   :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

and his 1st game here and he already got another one. Seems he has a better Qb here and We can expect better numbers. No matter how much you hate this move, it wont bring Welkie back,. ijs. You are looking for reasons that he wont succeed here. That is being negative , sorry. Atleast root for the guy, yeeesh.

Fair enough.  But no, I am not looking for reasons he won't succeed.  He provides enough reasons on his own.  Like I said many times before, I hope he catches the game winning TD's in the next 5 SB's and is MVP in a few of them.  When he was with the Rams I thought Amendola could be a good Welker type... his only problem was being able to stay on the field.  The Pats took a chance that was foolish, imo, and I was bashed here many times for saying so.  Yet, this is exactly the reason why I didn't like the decision and people are being silly with the excuses.  If it was another player, one who many people here didn't go out on a limb on with expectations, then my thoughts would be with the majority. 

This is probably the 3rd time Ive seen you post these ridiculous expectations. So I just have one question. When the H3ll did Wes do any of that for us. Game winning catch in the next 5 SBs!?!??! Cmon man, you gotta come off that or people aint gonna take you serious. Lets move on bro. IF this guy doesnt catch 5 game winning SB catches a a few MVPs, its a bad signing. ReallY??

[/QUOTE]

Apparently you missed the point... completely!!  My point is I have nothing against the guy, I actually have always liked what I seen when he is on the field, problem is he can't seem to stay on the field.  I want him to be able to help the team win a SB or two or five!  BUT to move from a dependable WR to an injure prone one was a bad idea, imo.  Many people jumped me with the opinion... I find it very silly, foolish, crazy to watch many here come up with all these excuses for the guy, the decision to go after him, downplay him being out.  Like I said, if so many people didn't jump on his band wagon the second he was signed everyone here would be stating everything I have been.  Looks like many are trying to save face here instead of thinking what is best for the team.  That is my point! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Apparently you missed the point... completely!!  My point is I have nothing against the guy, I actually have always liked what I seen when he is on the field, problem is he can't seem to stay on the field.  I want him to be able to help the team win a SB or two or five!  BUT to move from a dependable WR to an injure prone one was a bad idea, imo.  Many people jumped me with the opinion... I find it very silly, foolish, crazy to watch many here come up with all these excuses for the guy, the decision to go after him, downplay him being out.  Like I said, if so many people didn't jump on his band wagon the second he was signed everyone here would be stating everything I have been.  Looks like many are trying to save face here instead of thinking what is best for the team.  That is my point! 

I didnt miss the point. I have gotten the point too much I believe. Most people here know how you feel at this time. MY point is wes aint coming back this year. YOu can root for the guy or B*tch all day and yes I used the word because you have been out of character like  a lot of others have noticed. Its an excersice in futility. YOU have set so high, ridiculous expectations that the guy will never live up to your standards provided by Wes Welker who was in an offense that NEVER WON A SB. The mere fact that he WAS the offense WAS the problem. EVEN with that said, BB and co still gave him the BEST offer he ever got and this Bum settled on 6 million after turning down 8. So MY point is BE mad at Welker. He made his bed and is laying in it. Are you a Pats fan or a Welker fan, cuz I cant tell. Im trying really hard not to believe that you are some fraud fan for living in San Fran and just covering the Pats since 07 like Rallyc said, but look at you. You have become unraveled and you dont even discuss football anymore. You just rag on Danny and Act like Wes is a god. We dont do that here. We move forward with the players THAT WANT TO BE HERE. WES LEFT FOR DENVER.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

it appears that Amendolas body simply cant stand up to the rigors of the game. great, great player, seemingly his career will be shorted as his body fails him.

-he seemingly signed with the PAts immediately. Either he really, really wanted to play here, or the Pats blew him way with an offer?

-did he field any other offers, and if he did, anyone hear what those offers may have been?

-his contract has protection for the PAts via a game bonus (he get $31,000 every game played), but the contract does not seem very cap wise at all...his back end cap hit is quite high. I simply cant see his body allowing him to play 5 years into his 32 years age year

I mentioned all this when he signed. According to reports the Rams offer wasn't even half of what the Pats offered for far less years. I honestly think they took the contract they offered Welker, figured the difference in years between Welker and Amendola, added that to the contract, and then handed it to him. Which he couldn't wait to sign. I don't even think they thought about it because I've heard quotes from BB (specifically about the trading up for J Jones in Atl) that he does think some players are the same so why not give them the same money. I honestly believe BB took a look at Welker and Amendola, did what some do here, said those were freak injures, and just gave him the same contract he offered Welker without trying to find a better deal that no one was offering Amendola at the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

No way he's out there going through the motions if there was a fear of him aggravating it further.

I don't really get the need for over-analysis on this. He's out for a month and then they'll re-assess.

This we don't know given the media only has access to stretching and warm up periods. He may simply be stretching then walking off the field to rehab. Or, it might be as you say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I never recall hearing or reading that anyone else was interested and it seemed like the Rams were in a hurry to get rid of him.  They had Tavon Austin in their plans. 

I think BB is listening to Josh McD way too much, look how many Rams players came to the Pats and didn't  work out.  Josh McD drafted Tebow, Tebow came here didn't work out.  Time to start putting some blame on Josh McD, imo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

I didnt miss the point. I have gotten the point too much I believe. Most people here know how you feel at this time. MY point is wes aint coming back this year. YOu can root for the guy or B*tch all day and yes I used the word because you have been out of character like  a lot of others have noticed. Its an excersice in futility. YOU have set so high, ridiculous expectations that the guy will never live up to your standards provided by Wes Welker who was in an offense that NEVER WON A SB. The mere fact that he WAS the offense WAS the problem. EVEN with that said, BB and co still gave him the BEST offer he ever got and this Bum settled on 6 million after turning down 8. So MY point is BE mad at Welker. He made his bed and is laying in it. Are you a Pats fan or a Welker fan, cuz I cant tell. Im trying really hard not to believe that you are some fraud fan for living in San Fran and just covering the Pats since 07 like Rallyc said, but look at you. You have become unraveled and you dont even discuss football anymore. You just rag on Danny and Act like Wes is a god. We dont do that here. We move forward with the players THAT WANT TO BE HERE. WES LEFT FOR DENVER.

[/QUOTE]

WOW!

Great Post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Any chance they are dumb enough to try and put Gronk and DA in on Sunday as decoys?  One of the issues we have on Offense is that they are one dimensional.  They had zero TE production last week and not a single pass to a RB either.  That allowed the Jest to concentrate on stopping and the run and force TB to thorw to their untested rookie WRs.

It's one thing to be pass heavy when you have WW, Hern, Gronk, Brandon Lloyd and Deion Branch to throw to.  It's another when you have Edleman, What's-his-name, Fumble-fingers and Never-heard-of-him...

I'd rather see them win ugly or lose to the Bucs than risk ending either one of those guys seasons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

I mentioned all this when he signed. According to reports the Rams offer wasn't even half of what the Pats offered for far less years. I honestly think they took the contract they offered Welker, figured the difference in years between Welker and Amendola, added that to the contract, and then handed it to him. Which he couldn't wait to sign. I don't even think they thought about it because I've heard quotes from BB (specifically about the trading up for J Jones in Atl) that he does think some players are the same so why not give them the same money. I honestly believe BB took a look at Welker and Amendola, did what some do here, said those were freak injures, and just gave him the same contract he offered Welker without trying to find a better deal that no one was offering Amendola at the time.

[/QUOTE]

You honestly believe that????? Seriously??  You had a straight face while you typed that??  I'm asking you??  Seriously??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

TFB didn't mention anything about Welker.  Why make reference to him?  This thread is about Amendola.  Amendola was rumored to be an injury risk.  Why?  Because he's missed plenty of games because of injury.  Amendola is brought in to be the go to receiver.  The result is that he's injured.

Stupid signing.  Stupid post about Welker.  Face the facts. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

This will be the 3rd year in a row Amendola will not play the entire season. May I ask why this is somehow shocking and surprising to some?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

This will be the 3rd year in a row Amendola will not play the entire season. May I ask why this is somehow shocking and surprising to some?

Then I guess Talib is next onto the DL?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Then I guess Talib is next onto the DL?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know...has Talib missed more that half the games over the last 2 seasons?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Triple--While I agree the hand-wringing over Welker's departure needs to stop, I guess I just read TFB's statement differently.

I took it to mean TFB is hoping that DA proves him wrong, and in dramatic fashion.  I don't see how him saying that he hopes DA succeeds to the point of catching the game-winner in 5 SBs and being the MVP in a few equates to TFB saying that DA better do those things, or that TFB expects DA to do those things and that anything less means the guy's a bust.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I don't know...has Talib missed more that half the games over the last 2 seasons?

Not half, but he's consistently been unable to play an entire season the last few years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't know exactly what Amendola has, but FWIW, I have a sports hernia. I did it lifting. Opted not to get cut, though the doc said it was no big surgery. Had my fill of the knife for one lifetime, thank you.

But there are days when it flares up and literally hurts to walk or do much of anything involving movement, kind of like if you've ever hurt your back. It sucks. Then two days later it's OK. But it never quite goes away.

On the other hand, I'm a lot older than Amendola and not nearly as well conditioned and don't have access to trainers and all the assorted technology he does.

But nobody is trying to knock me into next week at work either...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I hope he's better soon. Though we don't know the extent of his injury, groin injuries can linger for a year or even longer.  I'm certainly rooting for Amendola but he's definitely injury prone and will most likely always be. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow!  You still don't get it and I tried to be nice to you about it but apparently you seem to be one of those rose colored glasses wearing, living in his plastic bubble, head in the sand, drinking the old koolaid types who can not admit that this team has made some mistakes.  Time for me to take off the kid gloves, I guess.

And why are you making this a Welker thing, yes we are past that.  I haven't mentioned Welker in this thread, you did!    Get over it, already!  You seem to get pretty defensive of things if there is even a hint of a Wes Welker comparison or mention... wonder why that is?  The only way I will discuss Welker on this forum is when I see a silly post discounting his past contributions to this team or when you or some others koolaid drinker takes they keys and attempts to drive the agenda driven bus here based on false facts and opinions.  BTW, Welker was offered 2 years @ $5 mill each with incentives that could possibly reach $8 mill.  Did you every see the incentives?  They were a joke! What a slap in the face to a player who gave the team so much.. he got 1 good payday!  Wow! Only discussing this because you brought it up.

We have a window of opportunity here before Brady retires.   We need to win SB's, as many as we can.... Isn't that the goal?  This team needs to put the best possible players on the field to do so.  I don't think they have.  And I don't think Amendola is that person based on not being able to stay on the field.  And guess what... He missed game two and still isn't on the field.  He missed a lot of games in his career.  I'm calling it like I see it, sorry you have a problem with that.  And I have no idea how you seem to be confused with how I am a Patriots fan after I have continuously stated I want this team to win SB's and that I like Amendola and hope he can help this team win.   Guess what.. You can't help a team win when you can't make it off the trainers table.

So your argument is plain silly and it looks like you are getting overly protective of my harsh criticism for the Pats making bad moves.  The Rams pretty much kicked Amendola out the door because he couldn't stay on the field.  They were making room for Tavon Austin who they think can help their team.  The Rams are probably laughing and patting each other on the back for sending DA on his way.  And apparently I am not alone here.  I have seen many question this move not only on here but in the media, former players as well.

So pull your head out, we have a WR group that is driving a HOF QB nuts.  He know's what is happening here and it doesn't look like he is very happy about it either.  Instead of questioning the Patriots moves, you rose colored glasses wearing, koolaid drinkers bash Brady for him showing his frustration over this group of receivers.  That dude, is just plain silly of you.  Wake up... We have a problem here, stop trying to hide it by dumping all your old koolaid over the situation.   

Now please tell me again what my problem is??? I want to make sure you understand it this time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

TFB didn't mention anything about Welker.  Why make reference to him?  This thread is about Amendola.  Amendola was rumored to be an injury risk.  Why?  Because he's missed plenty of games because of injury.  Amendola is brought in to be the go to receiver.  The result is that he's injured.

Stupid signing.  Stupid post about Welker.  Face the facts. 

Thank you!  Glad some here get it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I will wait until the end of the year

If DA catches the SB winning pass- or any play off game it won't be a bad gamble

If WW goes down it won't be a bad gamble

if he doesn't play and it costs a chance to be in the playoffs you will be correct

If he gets hurt in the playoffs you will probably be correct

At least for this year

For now you are premature

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

Triple--While I agree the hand-wringing over Welker's departure needs to stop, I guess I just read TFB's statement differently.

I took it to mean TFB is hoping that DA proves him wrong, and in dramatic fashion.  I don't see how him saying that he hopes DA succeeds to the point of catching the game-winner in 5 SBs and being the MVP in a few equates to TFB saying that DA better do those things, or that TFB expects DA to do those things and that anything less means the guy's a bust.

Thank you!  Glad to see you get it too. 

Let me see if I can simplify it for some of the more challenged folks here...

Amendola doesn't have to do anything else then to help this team win Championships.  I say things like... I hope he catches game winning TD's in the next 5 Super Bowls and is the MVP in some of them.  I hope they throw a parade in his honor for doing so, heck I will throw one in my area for him for doing so, to make a point that I like the guy, and hope he can help.  Not that he has to do all of that to prove he is better then Wleker, lol!!

Once again... I have watched Amendola since he first started in the NFL.  I think he could be one of the best.  Heck, my son is a huge fan of his!  The problem is he can't stay on the field.  It's hard for him to help the team win SB's when he isn't on the field.   So for that reason I was against the signing in the first place and look, he still can't stay on the field, so I am still against the signing.  Simple!  I thought, lol!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

I will wait until the end of the year

If DA catches the SB winning pass- or any play off game it won't be a bad gamble

If WW goes down it won't be a bad gamble

if he doesn't play and it costs a chance to be in the playoffs you will be correct

If he gets hurt in the playoffs you will probably be correct

At least for this year

For now you are premature

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

LOL!  Unbelievable!! You don't get it either.

DA doesn't have to have the game winning catch in the SB, if he can help this team win then that's all being asked of him.  But he needs to be able to be on the field and contribute enough to help do so.  That's it!  After this weekend we have some tough games ahead, he needs to be out there on the field for those games or the Pats won't win.

LOL!  If Welker gets hurt then it was a good deal.  Um, okay.  Not!

[QUOTE]

If Amendola gets hurt in the playoffs you will probably be correct

At least for this year

[/QUOTE]

You think?  Isn't that what we are playing for is... this year? 

If we don't win the SB this year it is another wasted TFB year!