America's Game: 2001 New England Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

America's Game: 2001 New England Patriots

Most of you have probably seen this program before but for those who may not have I was on the boston.com/patriots front page and clicked on this link,

Six Patriots get 90-plus rankings on Madden game,

(what can I say, I was bored) which led me to this link,

http://www.hulu.com/watch/123671/americas-game-2001-new-england-patriots

which somehow, I had never seen before. Good memories!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: America's Game: 2001 New England Patriots

The America's Game series is fantastic.  I loved the 2003 & 2004 ones that I saw, particularly Belichick's commentary (he remembered the exact game in the exact [*year, 1962,*] between Navy and Pitt where his father used the split-out receiver on a fake field goal attempt)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Nice link, dig.

And Nick (oops . . .   sorry . . .  Artist Formerly Known as Nick) nailed it pretty well.

We get a pretty good insight into how retentive Belichick actually is in these video snippets.

You might not want this guy as your best friend . . .

but as a coach . . .

he is far and away above everybody else.

I almost feel like I should post that Karate Kid video . . .

" You're The Best, Around . . .   "

Anyone besides me remember that one?

Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

lol

I don't remember much of the eighties, I was in altered states of conscientiousness, but I remember that from the Karate Kid. Classic. Still gives me goose bumps watching it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Jose Esposito man--maybe the best song/movie pairing of the 80s.

I bought all three America's Game videos for the Pats on iTunes--they're a buck.99.  Seriously: $1.99 to watch that anytime you want on your comp.  Best $5.97 I've ever spent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Watching America's Game for the 2001 team also reminded me of how well Bledsoe handled the demotion to backup.  Class act.  I won't forget what he did for this franchise.  Good stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: America's Game: 2001 New England Patriots:
    Watching America's Game for the 2001 team also reminded me of how well Bledsoe handled the demotion to backup.  Class act.  I won't forget what he did for this franchise.  Good stuff.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Bumping this.

Tom Brady is awesome.

But Drew Bledsoe was pretty awesome, too.

In case you didn't know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Bledsoe was the franchise. He was a great quarterback and one of my favorite players. He did handle the benching with class.

It didn't take me long to warm up to Brady, though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I have seen it, but I prefer my "three games to glory"  dvd.  with the Gil Santos radio commentary sprinkled in there.  It seemed like a magical season then, and even now, watching the Raiders game,  the historic Steeler meltdown, and hearing Madden say in the SB "the wise thing to do here is take a knee and go into overtime" it still feels magical.  Best line ever from Gil- "welcome to Pittsburg, where, despite prognostications of doom, the Patriots have decided to take the field".  It just doesnt get better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It was great watching that again. The best decision BB ever made was keeping TB as the starter. Bledsoe's time had run out in NE