Amongst Drama, Dobson Signed

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Amongst Drama, Dobson Signed

With everything that's going on, Dobson is going to be a very critical part of this offense if Hernandez and Gronk are not able to go early on. Hopefully, he can make some big contributions as a rookie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I am interested to see what he can do. The only rookie WR to do anything in the Brady/Belichick era is Branch with 43 catches for 489 yards and 2 TDs way back in 2002. Edelman showed something then regressed. So long as he does not go the way of Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate and Bethel Johnson.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

thank you dobson!  a piece of good news...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am interested to see what he can do. The only rookie WR to do anything in the Brady/Belichick era is Branch with 43 catches for 489 yards and 2 TDs way back in 2002. Edelman showed something then regressed. So long as he does not go the way of Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate and Bethel Johnson.

Wasn;t Givens drafted in 2002 too?  7th rd I believe.  That was the last time BB took two WRs in a draft, I believe.

Edelman hasn't regressed at all.  He doesn't start over Welker (but might now).  In fact, word was Edelman outplayed Welker in camp last year after Edelman worked in LA with Brady in the offseason.

He was having a really nice start to the year and was having a great first half in Baltimore in Week 3 before Reed's illegal hit to the head (not called) where Edelman got hurt.

Health has been his issue, obviously, but he has not regreassed. If he had, he woulnd't keep making the team.

[/QUOTE]
    It is nice the Edelman outplayed Welker in camp last offseason. Too bad the offseason does not matter. Did he outplay Welker in the regular season?

Edelman

2009 - 11 Games 37 Receptions 359 Yards

2010 - 15 Games 7 Receptions 86 Yards

2011 - 13 Games 4 Receptions 34 Yards

2012 - 9 Games 21 Receptions 215 Yards

Even adjust for the missed games, his best season as a receiver was a rookie. The primary reason he "keeps making the roster" is that he has been their number one punt returner for the past three seasons.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts