An appeal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

An appeal

This request is from me and only me; I don't presume to speak (or post) for others.  It is directed to those posters on this forum who, from time to time, engage in heated debates that often rise to the level of flamewars.  As someone who tries to avoid (sometimes successfully, sometimes not) engaging in these things, it would be really really helpful if you could edit your replies so that you don't end up quoting volumes of often irrelevant stuff.  By all means quote what you think you should but there's a lot of posted material that is often included that has nothing to do with the issue being debated.  I ask because the back and forth is often helpful and informative but very difficult to sort out when it has 15 different posts quoted in one reply.  

And, no, I'm not trying to direct or control the board; only making a request for ease of reading.

Thanks.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: An appeal

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

This request is from me and only me; I don't presume to speak (or post) for others.  It is directed to those posters on this forum who, from time to time, engage in heated debates that often rise to the level of flamewars.  As someone who tries to avoid (sometimes successfully, sometimes not) engaging in these things, it would be really really helpful if you could edit your replies so that you don't end up quoting volumes of often irrelevant stuff.  By all means quote what you think you should but there's a lot of posted material that is often included that has nothing to do with the issue being debated.  I ask because the back and forth is often helpful and informative but very difficult to sort out when it has 15 different posts quoted in one reply.  

And, no, I'm not trying to direct or control the board; only making a request for ease of reading.

Thanks.

I agree!

I agree with this agree!  and let the quote tree begin  >.>

Professor Chaos strikes again

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

I AGREE. Just use new post when posting.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

One particular post became unreadable because of the "quote the qouter" posting method that some like to employ.  It kills threads.  I understand the passion and the need to make points, but really, it's too much. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

Thanks.

The only thing I would differ on with this is the idea that I don't want the irrationals or the ones trolling to get away with their lies, so it's important to see them in print.

Finally, why can't they just fix the board? Is it that much more expensive to go back to the old formatting?

The mods literally swoop in to censor posts, but they allow the known trolls to troll in that same thread.

It's beyond messed up.

I will do a better job editing down on my part, though. It just seems it would be easier to get rid of the 10 or so people here who team with trolls to ruin the board.

Zzzzzzz, stay on topic buddy!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I have been endeavoring to cut these run on posts down for some time now. I concur that the absence of that is is unpleasant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

?????????

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I just find it funny that a number of the people responsible for such flame wars when a thread such as this is started write on the thread pretending they know nothing about it. 

I've been in a few of these recently, i'm making a solid effort to keep my posts strictly football now though but regardless of this I will certainly go along with your request ATJ and everyone should really it's not much to ask

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

You can't fix lazy....and that is the cause of the "quoting from hell"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Good post. Lets try and stay on topic as well. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It upsets Leon so I recommend more. He hates it when you bring up how good nyers helped out the sandy victims. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

It upsets Leon so I recommend more. He hates it when you bring up how good nyers helped out the sandy victims. 

or how provincial new englanders are unfriendly and hostile to "outsiders"

Sections
Shortcuts