An Example of Why Mikle Reiss is the Best in the Business - Take a lesson Gasper and Breer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

An Example of Why Mikle Reiss is the Best in the Business - Take a lesson Gasper and Breer

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=4763584

Look, I am not saying that a sportswriter is supposed to be a homer. But a local sportswriter should look to address the concerns of the fan. Almost like a savvy politician, the local sportswriter must properly gauge the local constituency and write stories that address that constituency. No one is better than Mike Reiss. He will pick against the Patriots (as he correctly did in the jets and Miami games) and he will offer criticism when it is due. But the above article shows that Reiss has a finger on the pulse of Patriots nation.

The rest of the bozos just try and stir the pot. Maybe that is how journalism was in the 1970's Borges, Gasper the Friendly Ghost and Breer, but these days, the fans want to have their questions addressed and recognized - they don't want a local version of the national media. Which is ironic, since Reiss writes for ESPN Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Re: An Example of Why Mikle Reiss is the Best in the Business - Take a lesson Gasper and Breer

yep- that's really good stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: An Example of Why Mikle Reiss is the Best in the Business - Take a lesson Gasper and Breer

I dont even need to read this thread, Mike Reiss is a hack and a puppet just like everyone who works at ESPN. He is a tabloid journalist, when he worked here he was the man i give you that but the moment he signed up for ESPN he became a puppet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Mike Reiss is about as objective as they come.  He knows that he has to face guys in teh locker room but he gives honest assessments of their play on the field.  To me, he never seeks to be "the story" and he is a reliable read.  Why the Globe let so many good writers get away is a mystery. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Not only Pittsburg being unconventional, but have you noticed how many coaches are going for it on fourth down, now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

He works for ESPN and that = him being a puppet

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: An Example of Why Mikle Reiss is the Best in the Business - Take a lesson Gasper and Breer:
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Give me a break MVP.  If espn offered you  more money to do the exact same coverage you'd stay with the boston globe?  I don't think so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: An Example of Why Mikle Reiss is the Best in the Business - Take a lesson Gasper and Breer:
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

You should mention that to Bruschi next time you run into him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I dont even need to read this thread, Mike Reiss is a hack and a puppet just like everyone who works at ESPN. He is a tabloid journalist, when he worked here he was the man i give you that but the moment he signed up for ESPN he became a puppet.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

the only difference between what he did here and what he does now is the address in your browser.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I don't like ESPN but the notion of Reiss changing when he went to ESPN is ridiculous.  He does the exact same thing over there that he did here.  ESPN is a huge network with many, many different talking heads and journalists, and many of them are horrible, but there are good ones too.  Reiss is at the top of that list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I never thought the 4th and 2 decision was arrogant, I just thought it was bad coaching. I'm a huge BB fan, but I will never defend that call.

Sections
Shortcuts