An Honest look at the Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

Re: An Honest look at the Game

In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game:
    [QUOTE]Rick-  Who is/has replaced Sanders and Jackson?  Anybody with depth?  Is it a big concern for the Colts? Powers and Lacey are the colts two corners... Bulitt and Bethea are there safties...Sanders of course is a big play loss... so far the rookies are plating real well... very much like there rooky wide receivers..
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: An Honest look at the Game What??????????????

In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game What??????????????:
    [QUOTE]DICK4DOLTS This is a Patriots Fans site. You know the Patriots, we have been beating on you folks like we bought you in a store for much of the past 10 years. Coming here for an honest look at the game is like showing up eating a rib at a PETA rally. Not a great idea ok Skippy.   I really appreciate you wanting to be friends, but this is not the place nor the time. See we get so fired up to play(whoop on your a--) each year that we might just not like hearing from you. Now if want to drop by on Monday for a chat about the thumping we give you folks on Sunday, hey I'll be your huckleberry, just come on by. PETA means ( People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals  ) You know kinda like when you rub down your sheep real nice like.  
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]
    Rick - there are some posters like dungeons and dragons fan EVIL SOMETHING SOMETHING, and then you have GuMBYll. 

both post  emotion not facts.  Like Bill doesn't know (or does and doesn't care) that the colts have won 4 of the last 5 from the pats including the last time they played in NE. 

Good luck on this board this week. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Rick-  Who is/has replaced Sanders and Jackson?  Anybody with depth?  Is it a big concern for the Colts?
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    Rock - on Jackson's side, our 3rd rounder has played Jerraud Powers, as for Sanders, Bullitt has spelled him and played very well since last year. 

Our biggest difficulty is where Hayden usually is.  We've got Lacey there a rookie UDFA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

Re: An Honest look at the Game What??????????????

In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game What??????????????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game What?????????????? : Rick - there are some posters like dungeons and dragons fan EVIL SOMETHING SOMETHING, and then you have GuMBYll.  both post  emotion not facts.  Like Bill doesn't know (or does and doesn't care) that the colts have won 4 of the last 5 from the pats including the last time they played in NE.  Good luck on this board this week. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Doesn`t matter.. I live, work, listen to Pat fans all the time... Some of them are all right. I understand fan loyalty. You are right most stuff isn`t factual... all emotion!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Here's what I think Rick. Every team has its idiot fans. Of course you are going to find some on these message boards. And to those of you who are complaining about bad calls or even non calls from any of the games in the past 10 years, yes, you are idiots. Get over it. To whomever commented on the NFL's schedule makers "cheating" for the Colts by sending our beloved Pats to Indy for the past 3 years, at the start of the decade the Colts came to NE 4 years straight. So man up and shut up.
    As for Rick and whats going to happen this weekend. My guess, is Tom takes advantage of the Colts' depleted secondary. Peyton will be Peyton, of course but I think our retooled secondary have a slight edge over yours with the recent injuries. Also, the Dwight Freeney vs. our Rookie LT Vollmer will be a big matchup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Here's what I think Rick. Every team has its idiot fans. Of course you are going to find some on these message boards. And to those of you who are complaining about bad calls or even non calls from any of the games in the past 10 years, yes, you are idiots. Get over it. To whomever commented on the NFL's schedule makers "cheating" for the Colts by sending our beloved Pats to Indy for the past 3 years, at the start of the decade the Colts came to NE 4 years straight. So man up and shut up. As for Rick and whats going to happen this weekend. My guess, is Tom takes advantage of the Colts' depleted secondary. Peyton will be Peyton, of course but I think our retooled secondary have a slight edge over yours with the recent injuries. Also, the Dwight Freeney vs. our Rookie LT Vollmer will be a big matchup.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention piping in noise through the P.A.

Wow , what a level headed, intelligent fan you are. Thanks for representing us and I'll try and live up to your expectations. I forgot how serious football is supposed to be with everything else going on in the world.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's going to be a good game. I don't expect the New England Patriots to lose now that Brady is back in form.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

The Colts defense? I'm pretty sure any team would have a good defense if they had the same schedule as the Colts. The Pats will win this weekend and assume top of the AFC postion with the Steelers (the Pats and Steelers will see eachother in the AFC Championshiop game after Peyton's usual none and done playoff run)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

The NFL formally apologized for blowing 2 pass interference calls during the AFC Championship game that all but cost the Patriots a 4th Super Bowl. Don't talk to me about complaining about bogus calls when the NFL agrees 100 percent on that statement. If not for the fixed refs, Peyton would be forever known as someone that could not get it done in the playoffs. Everyone knows that the Colts Super Bowl was a sham.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Under a--, dick4colts:

Again, why come here? Go home. This is a Patriots site, we are playing you this week end. You want to come on ater your loss and disuss the game let feel free.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I'm not interested in being "tested". I'm not interested in strength of schedule.
    I just want to win. Why can't we play the Lions every year instead?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to An Honest look at the Game:
    [QUOTE]I guess I will come here as the week goes along to see what you guys are thinking.. The biggest thing I think you guys need to look at is the fact the colts have two new coaches. Head coach of course, and a new defensive coach... For the first time in a while the Patriots will be facing a Colts team with a good defense. The Colts are able to stop the run, and they have given up less points then enyone in the league... You dont hear much about this, cause of The Manning/ Brady factor, But I do think this is the most significant difference since the time the last the met. Anyway an honest. replay and opinion is welcome!
    Posted by Rick4Colts[/QUOTE]

NEWS FLASH, ALL INDY Fans:

The Colts secondary is really beat up. Think Brady & Crew won't have a good day against this patchwork? Not much of a passing game if Clark (TE) is the primary receiver (Pats shut down Wayne). Good possession guy, but not a breakaway threat. Pats win if they force Old Horse Face to throw the ball 40+ times.

reality check here, guys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

All I have to say is Trent "Freaking" Edwards and the Buffalo Bills.  You all want to down grade the Colts in "your" power rankings because the WON two close games.  The Texans are an up and coming team that was picked to win the AFC before the season by a few football magazines, one of which was SI, and a close WIN against an up and coming San Fran team that, if not for a late rally and great throw by Favre, almost beat the Vikes in their house.  But the Patsies got taken to the wood shed for 3 Qtrs by the freakin' Buffalo Bills.  The JV team of the NFL.  If Trent "Freakin'" Edwards can throw for two TD's and almost beat the Pats, what is Peyton gonna do??  I see this as a very close game, down to the wire (maybe even a last second missed FG), with the Colts coming out on top.  And stop all that noise about getting screwed by the schedule makers.  The Colts came to the Razor 4 years in a row.  Next year it's back in your house so you can kindly stop bi*@hin' about that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]All I have to say is Trent "Freaking" Edwards and the Buffalo Bills.  You all want to down grade the Colts in "your" power rankings because the WON two close games.  The Texans are an up and coming team that was picked to win the AFC before the season by a few football magazines, one of which was SI, and a close WIN against an up and coming San Fran team that, if not for a late rally and great throw by Favre, almost beat the Vikes in their house.  But the Patsies got taken to the wood shed for 3 Qtrs by the freakin' Buffalo Bills.  The JV team of the NFL.  If Trent "Freakin'" Edwards can throw for two TD's and almost beat the Pats, what is Peyton gonna do??  I see this as a very close game, down to the wire (maybe even a last second missed FG), with the Colts coming out on top.  And stop all that noise about getting screwed by the schedule makers.  The Colts came to the Razor 4 years in a row.  Next year it's back in your house so you can kindly stop bi*@hin' about that.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

I meant to say that the Texans were picked to win the AFC South.... Not the whole thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I will come here as the week goes along to see what you guys are thinking.. The biggest thing I think you guys need to look at is the fact the colts have two new coaches. Head coach of course, and a new defensive coach... For the first time in a while the Patriots will be facing a Colts team with a good defense. The Colts are able to stop the run, and they have given up less points then enyone in the league... You dont hear much about this, cause of The Manning/ Brady factor, But I do think this is the most significant difference since the time the last the met. Anyway an honest. replay and opinion is welcome!

I don't think anyone here is satying they don't have a decent defense, when healthy, which they clearly are not.

We all know sanders is the key to your defense. We know your top 3 CBs are out along with vinatieri, as of last week.

We've had out share of injuries, especially in the Dbacks, for years. For once we're healthy and you're not. We'll take that advantage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

[QUOTE]All I have to say is Trent "Freaking" Edwards and the Buffalo Bills.  You all want to down grade the Colts in "your" power rankings because the WON two close games.  The Texans are an up and coming team that was picked to win the AFC before the season by a few football magazines, one of which was SI, and a close WIN against an up and coming San Fran team that, if not for a late rally and great throw by Favre, almost beat the Vikes in their house.  But the Patsies got taken to the wood shed for 3 Qtrs by the freakin' Buffalo Bills.  The JV team of the NFL.  If Trent "Freakin'" Edwards can throw for two TD's and almost beat the Pats, what is Peyton gonna do??  I see this as a very close game, down to the wire (maybe even a last second missed FG), with the Colts coming out on top.  And stop all that noise about getting screwed by the schedule makers.  The Colts came to the Razor 4 years in a row.  Next year it's back in your house so you can kindly stop bi*@hin' about that.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

How did Peyton do in his first game back from knee surgery? A loss to the lowly Bears. It is obvious to all but the Peyton ball washers that Brady was still feeling his way around in the first few games. As someone that has watched him from his rookie season, I have never seen him out of sync like the frist 5 weeks of this season. if you remeber last year, Horse face Manning started off the season 3-4 with more INT than TD after returning from knee surgery so using that Buffalo game to support your argument you really are approaching Manning fanboy status.  Manning the post-season choker, the guy with a 7-8 playoff record (we should subtract the 2006 AFC title games and Super Bowl from that abysmal record since they were handed to him) with a 2-5 record against the clearly superior Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Honestly,

Neither the Pats nor the Colts have any impressive victories this season. In contrast, the Steelers D has dominated two good offenses: Minny, who seems to have little trouble hanging 30+ on just about everyone else, and Denver, on the road. Those are impressive back to back wins. If this holds true, the Colts/Pats argument will become academic.

As a Pats fan, my gripe is that the Pats haven't beaten an elite team since 2007. This weekend will be a measuring stick. If the Pats lose, they'll appear to be little more than playoff fodder and vise versa for Indy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game : How did Peyton do in his first game back from knee surgery? A loss to the lowly Bears. It is obvious to all but the Peyton ball washers that Brady was still feeling his way around in the first few games. As someone that has watched him from his rookie season, I have never seen him out of sync like the frist 5 weeks of this season. if you remeber last year, Horse face Manning started off the season 3-4 with more INT than TD after returning from knee surgery so using that Buffalo game to support your argument you really are approaching Manning fanboy status.  Manning the post-season choker, the guy with a 7-8 playoff record (we should subtract the 2006 AFC title games and Super Bowl from that abysmal record since they were handed to him) with a 2-5 record against the clearly superior Brady.
    Posted by Diesel12[/QUOTE]

Since when does Brady line up on the other side of the ball??  Last time I checked he's never played DB one time in the NFL, maybe Pop Warner, but not NFL.  You Patsie fans may think that Brady can walk on water but he can't break up a pass.  Trent "Freakin'" Edwards almost beat you guys and Brady was on the sidelines when it happened.  I agree that he was out of sync but you can't use Brady as an excuse for your D suckin' bawls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game : Welcome aboard Rick..It's only fair to warn you that we are going to rip you here because that's what we do. The Focus this week will be on The refs taking care of the Colts at home, the schedule makers sticking us in Indy again and the canned applause they are piping in through the P.A. system. The Pats should be able to overcome these handicaps and win however.Pats by 1...28-27
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    E - you and I have a difference of opinion, but its too bad that you don't think your team has the talent to beat the colts.  If you did, you wouldn't be focusing on the things you mention.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]My stats have got the Patriots as 2.8 point favorites at Lucas Oilfield.  I operate on the "who beat who else by how much, and lately" theory.  The Colts took a slight tumble in my rankings when they beat Houston simply because Houston couldn't kick a 42 yard tying field goal.  Maybe if Indy had blocked the attempt I'd have more respect for the team, but one team depending on the other kicker to freeze out is not a replicable advantage, unless you're a fan of "The Men Who Stare At Goats".  Much the same score was true throughout the game, so the final score was no fluke.  Indy is 8th in my power rankings of the 32 teams.  If the season restarted tomorrow and teams played random opponents, Indy would be about a 12-4 team (ok, only 11.7, not quite 12).  The Patriots are at 15.6 this Monday, tops in the NFL by 2.2 games.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

What got the Pats to your number 1?  Was it the the 1 point win at home vs. the 3-5 Bills, the 7 point loss at the 4-4 jets, the 6 point win at home vs. the 4-4 Ravens or the loss at Denver.  Or was it their shelacking of 1 win Bucs or the 2 win Titans? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]My stats have got the Patriots as 2.8 point favorites at Lucas Oilfield.  I operate on the "who beat who else by how much, and lately" theory.  The Colts took a slight tumble in my rankings when they beat Houston simply because Houston couldn't kick a 42 yard tying field goal.  Maybe if Indy had blocked the attempt I'd have more respect for the team, but one team depending on the other kicker to freeze out is not a replicable advantage, unless you're a fan of "The Men Who Stare At Goats".  Much the same score was true throughout the game, so the final score was no fluke.  Indy is 8th in my power rankings of the 32 teams.  If the season restarted tomorrow and teams played random opponents, Indy would be about a 12-4 team (ok, only 11.7, not quite 12).  The Patriots are at 15.6 this Monday, tops in the NFL by 2.2 games.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Your stats??  You say your stats are based on "who beat who by how much and lately".  So they aren't stats but simply opinions dressed up as stats?  So a 3 point win over an underrated and up and coming Texans team is worth less than a 1 point win over the flippin' Bills.  A 4 point win over a better than advertised Niner team is worth less than 7 point loss to a hapless Jet team with a rookie QB or a 3 point loss to a not as good as previously thought Denver team.  PLEASE Pau tell me you are joking!!!  Shouldn't a win be worth twice what a loss is in your stats?  That would make sense to me.  You are twisting your "so-called" stats to suit your own needs.  BTW, I subscribe to the "47% of all stats are made up on the spot theory" and it sounds like you do to.  Take your spreadsheets and your BS stats and try to pull the wool over someone else's eyes.  I'm not buyin' the Bull you're sellin'.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]The NFL formally apologized for blowing 2 pass interference calls during the AFC Championship game that all but cost the Patriots a 4th Super Bowl. Don't talk to me about complaining about bogus calls when the NFL agrees 100 percent on that statement. If not for the fixed refs, Peyton would be forever known as someone that could not get it done in the playoffs. Everyone knows that the Colts Super Bowl was a sham.
    As I recall it was one.  If you can locate the other, I'll admit I was wrong, but until then, you are overstating things.  Besides, couldn't colts fans say the same thing about the 2004 AFCCG that resulted in a rules emphasis by the league?  And if the league agrees to emphasize a rule isn't that 100% agreement by the NFL, same as the PI letter?

Seems to me that this is a simple example of that fine cliche "what comes around goes around". 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game : BradelyPiss, remember me?
    Posted by TOGAH-2009[/QUOTE]

Isn't it time for you to fetch your mommy from the alley where she works?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game : E - you and I have a difference of opinion, but its too bad that you don't think your team has the talent to beat the colts.  If you did, you wouldn't be focusing on the things you mention.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

U-Dogg

Unlike Colts fans I have the ability to focus on many other things as well as winning.I didn't see anywhere in my post where it said I wasn't focused on winning also. That's the good thing about New England fans..We take the blinders off and see everything. You go ahead and focus in your stats line. That sounds like fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]The NFL formally apologized for blowing 2 pass interference calls during the AFC Championship game that all but cost the Patriots a 4th Super Bowl. Don't talk to me about complaining about bogus calls when the NFL agrees 100 percent on that statement. If not for the fixed refs, Peyton would be forever known as someone that could not get it done in the playoffs. Everyone knows that the Colts Super Bowl was a sham.
    1st I heard of this one

Sections
Shortcuts