An interesting thought about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Terrific

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: An interesting thought about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Terrific

Every team playing the Pats from here on out, regardless of their record or standings, will be gunning for the Pats.  Not just to win, of course the goal of every team, but to beat the Pats given how they are being regarded lately.  It won't be just the Jets.  Look how 2007 ended...  the Pats played some teams they should have handled easily and did not coast into the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth...

1.  Jets lost that game to GB, 9-0.  They got blanked at home.  Yes the Jets' defense held GB to three FGs, but the GB defense nearly kept the Jets from advancing beyond the 50 at all.  That is impressive.

2.  I honestly think that GB is the toughest game remaining for the Pats, not the Jets or Bears.   Aaron Rogers is playing out of his mind football right now, and the GB defense is tough.  They've also had, on paper, more difficult opponents than the Jets.  GB is going to go deep into the playoffs, if not to the SB. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

Coaching-Pats

QB-Pats

Recievers-Jets-Come on, Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery vs. Welker, Branch, and... Brandon Tate? Brady, Welker, and Branch have an excellent raport, but there is too much talent on the Jets side. It's close, but Jets win this one.

TE- Pats-Gronkowski and Hernandez are both emerging stars, Crumplers a wiley vet who is a great blocker and can catch some passes.

RB- Wash-Yes a wash. The Pats are getting better results, but the Jets have more talent.  LT-166 carries, 4.5 per carry, 5 TD's. BJGE- 145 carries, 4.3 per carry, 9 TD. Shone Green- 140 carries, 4.1 per carry, 1 TD.
    Danny Woodhead- 64 carries, 5.4 per carry, 3 TD. Not to mention Woodhead's superior YAC ability on screens. The more I write, the more I lean towards the Pats on this one.

O-Line-Pats-Mankins return pushed this one over the top.

D-Line-Jets- The Pats have been doing better lately at getting to the passer and have been good stopping the run, but they have a long while to go to get to the Jets level of pass rush.

Linebackers-Pats- Mayo is a star in the making, a tackling machine, and Spikes, Cunningham, and Nincovitch have been pleasant suprises.

Cornerbacks-Jets-Clearly. No argument on this one, the best overall corner in the game in Revis and a legit number 1 corner as a number 2 in Cromartie. Not even close here.

Safties-Wash-The Pats have been better than expected here. Merriweather has not been quite up to par but Sanders and Chung have exceeded my expectations.The Jets have been fine here as well. Nothing special on either side.

Special teams-Pats-Mesko's been good, Tate is dangerous as a PR and KR and the Jets have nothing like him.

My prediction-Pats 17-Jets-13. BB doesn't lose to the same team twice, and the Patriots are a completely different team since they traded Moss. As are the Jets with the addition of Holmes, but I think this win will come back to the 2 things the Jets have no answer to and the 1 reason the Patriots will always have a chance every week as long as they're together. The coach and the QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

In Response to Re: An interesting thought about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Terrific:
    Actually the jets have just as tough a schedule.  They'd be playing in Pittsburgh and Chicago.   If the Pats can win this game against the Jets, they'd be the #1 seed since they pretty much beaten all other contenders for #1.
    Posted by dastardly

You should go back to your NY Jets home page.  The Jets do not play a "just as tough schedule" as the Pats.  The Pats also played Pitt in Pitt and will be playing the Chi in Chi.  Their schedules are identical except for 2 games.  The Jets played the Texans and the Broncos while the Pats played the Chargers and the Colts.  Duh!  Only a Jets fan would think that those sets of opponents are equivalent.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: An interesting thought about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Terrific : You're an idiot BBReign ... I guess Greg A. Bedard is a troll for writing an objective article about the upcoming game on this very website. Here's the link you moron. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/11/26/not_many_games_will_rival_this_buildup/ We DO NOT MATCH UP well with this team. Let's break it down. Special Teams: Jets LBs: Jets Corners: Jets WRs: Jets TEs: Jets DEF Line: Jets O Line: Jets Coaching: Pats QB: Pats Jaime Dukes pointed this out. Other experts are saying the only thing stopping them from picking the Jets is the QB. You remind me of that baseball fan who thinks an outfielder is great because he has 20 assists, when the truth is, it's because they are always challenging his arm. It's the same with our DBs. It is blind homer fans like you, who remind of the entitled Yankee fans. Stop being such a homer and be a fan of football and realize it is what it is. You're an idiot BBReign, and I can't believe I spent these many words on you. I want to see what you're going to say if the Pats lose. idiot
    Posted by PatsFanVirginia

I'd give the Pats and edge on O-line, TEs, inside LBs, Safteties, Coaching (which is huge in a long week), and QB.  Plus it's at home.

I'd give the Jets the edge on D-line, Corners, Receivers, RBs, Special teams, and outside LBs.

Pivotal issues?  Which Brady shows up?  If the game plan and Brady (plus the other 10 offensive players) beat their pressure D early it'll be a long day for the Jet's D.  Which Pats run D shows up?

I can almost promise that Sanchez has a bad day.  There's no way his luck continues, and BB will have wrinkles for that baby faced latin pretty boy.  Sanchez will spend too much time shaving (his whole body except for his bushy eybrows (which he will spend 4 hours plucking to perfection)), watching non heterosexual Broadway shows, and singing love songs with his Tight Ends and wide receivers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: An interesting thought about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Terrific : I'd give the Pats and edge on O-line, TEs, inside LBs, Safteties, Coaching (which is huge in a long week), and QB.  Plus it's at home. I'd give the Jets the edge on D-line, Corners, Receivers, RBs, Special teams, and outside LBs. Pivotal issues?  Which Brady shows up?  If the game plan and Brady (plus the other 10 offensive players) beat their pressure D early it'll be a long day for the Jet's D.  Which Pats run D shows up? I can almost promise that Sanchez has a bad day.  There's no way his luck continues, and BB will have wrinkles for that baby faced latin pretty boy.  Sanchez will spend too much time shaving (his whole body except for his bushy eybrows (which he will spend 4 hours plucking to perfection)), watching non heterosexual Broadway shows, and singing love songs with his  Tight Ends  and wide receivers . 
    Posted by knightsailor

The concensus MVP of this season, I imagine.

Funny how nearly everyone sees it but you...must mean the rest of the world is crazy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: An interesting thought about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Terrific : The concensus MVP of this season, I imagine. Funny how nearly everyone sees it but you...must mean the rest of the world is crazy.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Consensus?  Maybe among Brady worshippers.  I think the rest of us will wait and see how the last 5 games of the season go.  FYI that's nearly 1/3 of the season.  I hope it goes well and he does win MVP.  If the guy that played the second half of the first Jets game, the whole Browns game, or the second half of the Colts Jr. Varsity game shows it will be a different story.

Tom Brady's career stats while on BB coached teams

118 INTs
    115 WINS

Doesn't seem that impressive? Do some research and try to find a quarterback/coach that's played 7+ years and is even in the same stratosphere (hint: you won't find him because he doesn't exist and probably will never exist again.)

Dan Marino's prolific passing stats- 5% of all pass attempts are TDs
    Tom Brady's meager passing stats- 5.3% of pass attempts are TDs

Tom Brady's pro-bowl talent: Randy Moss (2), Wes Welker (1), Troy Brown (1), Corey Dillon (1). Six total.  (Brady has had more Pro-bowl offensive linemen but only counting skill position here)

Peyton Manning's pro-bowl talent: Marvin Harrison (8), Reggie Wayne (4), Edgerrin James (4),Joseph Addai (1), Marshall Faulk (1), Dallas Clark (1). Nineteen total.  One could argue that Manning played a part in making these players pro-bowlers.  You must also ask how many pro-bowlers had Mannings back on the defensive side of the ball compared to how many had Brady's back.  Because of the weaker defenses Manning has had to play from behind or in must score situations more which can lead to more Ints etc...

Tom Brady's two seasons with Randy Moss, the only true #1 receiver he's ever played with:  78 TDs, 21 INTs

Tom Brady's Super Bowl stats: 4 games, 1001 yards, 7 TDs ,1 INT
    John Elway's Super Bowls stats: 5 games, 1128 yards, 3 TDs, 8 INTs

Tom Brady easily has a better TD:INT ratio than all of the following modern day players:

Peyton Manning
    Brett Favre
    John Elway
    Troy Aikman
    Dan Marino
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Joe Montana
    Steve Young
    Donovan McNabb
    (basically everyone except Ken Anderson and a couple of others who didn't put up a lot of TDs)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Tom Brady has 103 career INT not the 118 that you imply

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: An interesting thought about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Terrific : Consensus?  Maybe among Brady worshippers.  I think the rest of us will wait and see how the last 5 games of the season go.  FYI that's nearly 1/3 of the season.  I hope it goes well and he does win MVP.  If the guy that played the second half of the first Jets game, the whole Browns game, or the second half of the Colts Jr. Varsity game shows it will be a different story. Tom Brady's career stats while on BB coached teams 118 INTs 115 WINS Doesn't seem that impressive? Do some research and try to find a quarterback/coach that's played 7+ years and is even in the same stratosphere (hint: you won't find him because he doesn't exist and probably will never exist again.) Dan Marino's prolific passing stats- 5% of all pass attempts are TDs Tom Brady's meager passing stats- 5.3% of pass attempts are TDs Tom Brady's pro-bowl talent: Randy Moss (2), Wes Welker (1), Troy Brown (1), Corey Dillon (1). Six total.  (Brady has had more Pro-bowl offensive linemen but only counting skill position here) Peyton Manning's pro-bowl talent: Marvin Harrison (8), Reggie Wayne (4), Edgerrin James (4),Joseph Addai (1), Marshall Faulk (1), Dallas Clark (1). Nineteen total.  One could argue that Manning played a part in making these players pro-bowlers.  You must also ask how many pro-bowlers had Mannings back on the defensive side of the ball compared to how many had Brady's back.  Because of the weaker defenses Manning has had to play from behind or in must score situations more which can lead to more Ints etc... Tom Brady's two seasons with Randy Moss, the only true #1 receiver he's ever played with:  78 TDs, 21 INTs Tom Brady's Super Bowl stats: 4 games, 1001 yards, 7 TDs ,1 INT John Elway's Super Bowls stats: 5 games, 1128 yards, 3 TDs, 8 INTs Tom Brady easily has a better TD:INT ratio than all of the following modern day players: Peyton Manning Brett Favre John Elway Troy Aikman Dan Marino Ben Roethlisberger Joe Montana Steve Young Donovan McNabb (basically everyone except Ken Anderson and a couple of others who didn't put up a lot of TDs)
    Posted by knightsailor

No, you don't, you lying sack of shyttttttttt !!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Pats OL and Scar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Packers OL and offensive coordinator

Seriously our offensive line is so underrated by you fans its ridiculous. Outside of Bart Scott I dont see anyone who can bring the heat. Jason Taylor didnt show up till the end of the game of the first meeting and Calvin Pace isnt that good. 

Tom will be fine as long  as Randy doesnt walk through and he turns into Daunte Cullpepper. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: An interesting thought about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Terrific : You're an idiot BBReign ... I guess Greg A. Bedard is a troll for writing an objective article about the upcoming game on this very website. Here's the link you moron. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/11/26/not_many_games_will_rival_this_buildup/ We DO NOT MATCH UP well with this team. Let's break it down. Special Teams: Jets LBs: Jets Corners: Jets WRs: Jets TEs: Jets DEF Line: Jets O Line: Jets Coaching: Pats QB: Pats Jaime Dukes pointed this out. Other experts are saying the only thing stopping them from picking the Jets is the QB. You remind me of that baseball fan who thinks an outfielder is great because he has 20 assists, when the truth is, it's because they are always challenging his arm. It's the same with our DBs. It is blind homer fans like you, who remind of the entitled Yankee fans. Stop being such a homer and be a fan of football and realize it is what it is. You're an idiot BBReign, and I can't believe I spent these many words on you. I want to see what you're going to say if the Pats lose. idiot
    Posted by PatsFanVirginia

I have not idea whether u are truly a Patriots fan, but it is kind of weird that you just signed up recently. Whether you have other names or not, who knows.  Lets just say....don't be surprised if get "called out"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

For what it's worth... 1.  Jets lost that game to GB, 9-0.  They got blanked at home.  Yes the Jets' defense held GB to three FGs, but the GB defense nearly kept the Jets from advancing beyond the 50 at all.  That is impressive. 2.  I honestly think that GB is the toughest game remaining for the Pats, not the Jets or Bears.   Aaron Rogers is playing out of his mind football right now, and the GB defense is tough.  They've also had, on paper, more difficult opponents than the Jets.  GB is going to go deep into the playoffs, if not to the SB. 
    Posted by soups

The Jets' strength is their defense. It will either  keep them close in close games, or, possibly shorten the field and give thaem a chance to score.

Plus, Green Bay's defense is pretty good. So, I can see how you could get a score like 9-0.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

First off, since I'm not gay, I don't call him Tom Terrific.  That's flat weird.  He is the same QB we have all known for a while-  we can count on certain things from him.  Lately, one of the things we can count on has been a slow start versus a strong pass rush.  We rightfully countered with a running game.  I hope we will START with a few delayed handoffs and settle that matter right away.  Aaron Rodgers, on the other hand, doesn't face Tom Brady.  He faces the defense.  He will get some.  Maybe a lot.  But our D is starting to show some real strong playmaking ability, and I think they can handle the Pack.  I am SURE we can abuse the back end of that defense.  As far as the Jets go, we CAN beat them, but being able to and doing it are two different things.  I'm betting we get the job done, and handily.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

In Response to Re: An interesting thought about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Terrific : Cromartie is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER than Reeves and McCourty is almost the level of Cromartie.  The only thing Reeves is good at is flapping his mouth and scratching Rex's middle leg.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Where do you get this from? Revis consistenty shuts down the likes of Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson, while Cromartie is left to cover the number 2 reciever so even if this were true how could you tell? And I agree with you saying McCourty is almost the level of Cromartie, but if everything you said is true, McCourty is better than Revis. ????

Sections
Shortcuts