Analysis of Pats vs. Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets

I believe that BB has developed the next great offensive philosophy.
    And he has the perfect and greatest QB to run the show! He knows that the one achilles heel from 2007 ( am still hurting) was pressure on Brady (every QB problem) and going too long. The multiple sets of TE's and quick receivers are a totally different attack

With this complete horizontal attack at all areas of the Defense
    TB's favorite receiver is once again " the open receiver".

BB should not just be considered a great defensive coach but an Offensive coach too.

As to Defense - I just don't know who we have on the D line now
    But the LB's I feel are as good as anyone's and the DB's are no longer rookies
    We do have how many Defensive Pro Bowlers?
    The Jets/Ravens/Steelers are all poor Red Zone Offensive teams

Special Teams - Only worry about returns - but we do have McCorty
    (sp?) I am sure Comardie raised BB's eyebrows - but no real fears there.

Over all team win - if Defense stops run - no turnovers it is all over
    "Any Given Sunday" can happen but my big fear are high scoring teams
    and the Jets are not that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets:
    I believe that BB has developed the next great offensive philosophy. And he has the perfect and greatest QB to run the show! He knows that the one achilles heel from 2007 ( am still hurting) was pressure on Brady (every QB problem) and going too long. The multiple sets of TE's and quick receivers are a totally different attack With this complete horizontal attack at all areas of the Defense TB's favorite receiver is once again " the open receiver". BB should not just be considered a great defensive coach but an Offensive coach too. As to Defense - I just don't know who we have on the D line now But the LB's I feel are as good as anyone's and the DB's are no longer rookies We do have how many Defensive Pro Bowlers? The Jets/Ravens/Steelers are all poor Red Zone Offensive teams Special Teams - Only worry about returns - but we do have McCorty (sp?) I am sure Comardie raised BB's eyebrows - but no real fears there. Over all team win - if Defense stops run - no turnovers it is all over "Any Given Sunday" can happen but my big fear are high scoring teams and the Jets are not that
    Posted by seawolfxs

IMO, it's not really a new offensive scheme. It's similar to what were using in the early 2000s.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

brand new - no
    There is less running today cause the game has changed
    but i do believe his schemes are more nuanced and developed

The TE's in this league are going to get better and better
    which will mean better pass protection
    and better run blocking and more variations on pass plays

but the genious isn't iall in xs' o's
    oys in designimg play for individualssome of Woo
    dheads has been where he lines up

just my thoughts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

NYJ are going to go back to running the ball, a lot. They are going to make the Pats beat them on teh ground as well and try to exploit the secondary. RUN, pressure brady with blitz packages, and a lot of contact to disrupt routes off the line.

How the pats respond to that will decide how the game goes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Since "this clown" predicted Partiots would win 5 to 8 games this season, and, I'm not a lucky person, I will not pick a winner in this game-- but if things were different, you know who I would pick. After last season, I was down on BB, after being so high on him. The year he got Welkner and Moss. I learned my lesson, in BB, we trust. And how he had reshaped his team, after last season, with draft choices and FAs, he is literally a magician! And, safe to say, there is no NFL stratagist like BB. However, it is true, no one is perfect. MY only bad memory, all the pressure that streadily built up on the team, the year of the undefeated season, and finally the Super loss to the Giants. But that is not the case here, yet, we have the concern of 3 D line players out injured. Let's just hope Moore, Love and who ever,  can get it done, in their place.  Its been a great, surprising, season, but I'll be rooting for the Patriots, all the way!!!             

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

The pats need to take away the running game and force sanchez to beat them with his arm. If they can stop the dual attack of the Jets backs, the offense is doomed. If they can't stop them, it will burn clock and keep Brady off the field. If he is not on the field, he can not engineer scoring drives. We also need to be perfect on special teams. We cannot let them get good field position like the Colts did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Pats will win, but it will be stupid to expect another blowout. I would say pats win 24-17.
    Posted by Patsfan038

No one predicted a blow-out that second game other than the wishful thinkers.  With the way the Jets are all talking about not losing this game in another blowout portends another one, possibly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Patriots just need to remember that Giants game.........favored, made no adjustments........lost. "just do your job"
    Posted by sday4x4

In that game, the Pats stayed too much with having pass plays develop in which they could go to Moss long.  If you recall, the two TD drives the Pats had were classic dink and dunk possessions.  Why they didn't adjust and neutralize how the Giants were leaving the underneath open is a head scratcher!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

In Response to Analysis of Pats vs. Jets:
    Patriots Run offense vs. Jets Run D: Jets still do a good job stopping the run. Advantage Jets Patriots Passing Offense vs. Jets Pass D: Pats got too many weapons, even if the Jets have Revis. Advantage Patriots Patriots Kicking vs. Jets Kicking Special Teams: Graham kicks short, Jets have Holmes and Cromartie and may give the Jets good field position. Advantage Jets Patriots Punting vs. Jets Punting Special Teams: Push. The Zoltan does a pretty good job, but so does Cromartie. Advantate: Push Jets Run Offense vs. Patriots Run D Yeah, I don't like LT and Green do a decent job Advantage: Jets Jets Passing Offense vs. Patriots Passing D Edwards, Keller, and Holmes are a pretty good receiver, but Sanchez is the weak link. Advantage: Patriots I don't know much about the Jets kicker, punter, or special teams. NE one have additional insight? Coaching BB vs. Ryan Ryan is good, BB is better Advantage: Patriots If the Patriots score early and often, then it will be another win for Patriots. If it's a low scoring affair going into the last 10 minutes of the4th Q, then that's the Jets may well end up w/ win
    Posted by anonymis

Decent analysis. If you are a Jet's fan, you are welcome and not a troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jck1962. Show jck1962's posts

The New England Patriots end the 2010 season as the clear-cut champions of ESPN.com's NFL Power Rankings.

The 14-2 Patriots were the unanimous No. 1 pick of our experts, who also were unified in selecting the Atlanta Falcons second. Two AFC North titans, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens, finished Nos. 3 and 4, and the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints round out the top 5.

Jets not even mentioned...buh bye

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'd also add Chances of getting turnovers advantage Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets : LMAO. what a tool. The analysis you included was just awesome. Thanks.
    Posted by anonymis

I think your analysis was pretty good. But, you'll find that this board is full of know-it-alls who love to criticize details, so as to inflate their own fragile egos.

As far as kick returns though the jests' best returner, brad smith, was injured last week. Dan Connolly has more return yards that their second best returner, joe mcknight.

We also have two other guys in the top 10 for return yards in the AFC east. I think that gives us yet another advantage. I also think the advantage of tommy over sanchise is unsurmountable in itself.

Tommy will simply not allow big mouth and the jests to win this game. period. good-bye jests, hello AFC championship!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets : No one predicted a blow-out that second game other than the wishful thinkers.  With the way the Jets are all talking about not losing this game in another blowout portends another one, possibly.
    Posted by agcsbill

another blowout would be fun to watch...lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Analysis of Pats vs. Jets : Decent analysis. If you are a Jet's fan, you are welcome and not a troll.
    Posted by neali

Not a jet fan or a troll, just a realistic, regular joe who is a pats fan

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I'd also add Chances of getting turnovers advantage Pats.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

I'd say turnovers depends on whether we get ahead early and get the Jets and Sanchez to throw the ball vs. run.  Sanchez is either hurt and/or having problems with his mechanics....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Did anyone watch the 10.0 with Ryan and Sullivan.Sullivan(their Sports Editor?).Sullivan had the Pats being an ordinary,flawed team at the beginning of the season and on every appearance with Ryan seems to be perturbed,maybe even a bit angry(just watch his expression and body language and listen to the tone of his voice)that the team played so much better than he envisioned and takes nearly every opportunity plead the case of every Patriots opponent opponent.Does the N.Y. Post have an openning for a sports editor?I'm more than a little tired of him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

* its 1742??... damn I'm really early.*

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeteRepeter. Show PeteRepeter's posts

The chorus of this rap the entire stadium is going to be chanting on Sunday.
    Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZd-lRku2Pw

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Nice try Jets fan. Enjoy now, because you will be MIA after the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ockhurtz. Show Ockhurtz's posts

In Response to Analysis of Pats vs. Jets:
    Patriots Run offense vs. Jets Run D: Jets still do a good job stopping the run. Advantage Jets Patriots Passing Offense vs. Jets Pass D: Pats got too many weapons, even if the Jets have Revis. Advantage Patriots Patriots Kicking vs. Jets Kicking Special Teams: Graham kicks short, Jets have Holmes and Cromartie and may give the Jets good field position. Advantage Jets Patriots Punting vs. Jets Punting Special Teams: Push. The Zoltan does a pretty good job, but so does Cromartie. Advantate: Push Jets Run Offense vs. Patriots Run D Yeah, I don't like LT and Green do a decent job Advantage: Jets Jets Passing Offense vs. Patriots Passing D Edwards, Keller, and Holmes are a pretty good receiver, but Sanchez is the weak link. Advantage: Patriots I don't know much about the Jets kicker, punter, or special teams. NE one have additional insight? Coaching BB vs. Ryan Ryan is good, BB is better Advantage: Patriots If the Patriots score early and often, then it will be another win for Patriots. If it's a low scoring affair going into the last 10 minutes of the4th Q, then that's the Jets may well end up w/ win
    Posted by anonymis

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

bump

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

So, What Went Wrong?

so, what went wrong?

Sections
Shortcuts