Analyzing the interception II - C'mon Tommy Boy...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Analyzing the interception II - C'mon Tommy Boy...

I am as much a homer as anyone, and truely believe TB is the greatest QB in NFL history. But the decision to throw that ball to Slater was not a good one.

When they lined up, they had an overload to the left side with Mankings, Light, Gronk, Welker and Hernandez (he is the Fullback) and only 3 players for them to block, Suggs, Lewis and the CB on Welker. If they had sent Welker in motion to the left, that would fully removed that cb from the play. This is a defense to run against...

As the play unfolds you can see the hole Benny would have had to run through as Light moves Suggs outside, he gets help from Hernandez... Gronk would have pounded Lewis and Welker could have got a piece of 21...

Brady drops back and Gronk runs past Lewis into the secondary... That blur is Benny running through the hole...

Welker breaks free in the right flat, look at the pocket, TB had plenty of time to make a good decision...

Brady launches... NO TOMMY, LOOK AT WES!!! no one near him, an easy 8 yard toss...

Thats Wes wide open in the upper right and also notice Gronk is now 3 yards behind the secondary, with all kinds of running room, a 20 yard throw...

Look at Gronk, feeling lonely and unloved... After all I've done for you??!!

Instead a 55 yarder to the guy who was best covered...

I can't watch the ending...

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception II - C'mon Tommy Boy...

You're a moron and couldn't read a defense to save your life.  You don't like Tom Brady's decisions, go find another team.  This one is too busy winning the Super Bowl to listen to crybabies like you.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception II - C'mon Tommy Boy...:
    [QUOTE]Nice. Prepare to be attacked by Brady Ballwashers.  This proves, as some of us know, that O'Brien overthinks it and that no team respects our run, even in a sold out offset eye run play! It's like reverse logic. Make them stop that ruun and then start filtering in your plays that need some creativity. Mind you, this was after a HUGE Spikes iNT to flip momentum and where we needed clock killing activity with a preferred TD. Unbelievable. Who kidnapped my 2001-2004 Brady and put Gomer Manning's brain in his head?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

This is what got me about the call.  I know I couldn't have been the only one saying let's sustain a nice drive here, capitalize on this great field position and really cut their hearts out.  Then, I couldn't have been the only one saying "Uh oh" when Brady launched it deep on the first play.  Maybe the call wasn't bad, but there is no doubt that the decision to throw it deep was.  It was something we saw from TJ Yates against Baltimore.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Oh and for the record, Tom Brady put up 23 points against the Baltimore Ravens defense.  Joe Flacco put up 20 against the Patriots and needed a recovered kickoff fumble deep in New England territory just to do that.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception II - C'mon Tommy Boy... : So tell me you'd have booed if Slater caught it.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Nope, but what I would have said was "We stole one there." There was no reason to try to steal one there when the Pats could have marched down the field and took it all the while milking the clock a bit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]You're a moron and couldn't read a defense to save your life.  You don't like Tom Brady's decisions, go find another team.  This one is too busy winning the Super Bowl to listen to crybabies like you.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]
    There were just MUCH better options on this play. Easy to see.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Thanks to the op for breaking it down I don't blame obrien as much as Brady on this. Bad decision and bad pass. I never thought I would say this, but I hope tb doesn't throw any picks in the SB. He is the last guy we should worry about, but given his performance in the biggest game of the year to date, he didn't come firing on all cylinders.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception II - C'mon Tommy Boy... : Why not?  The Ravens are not going to score twice in six minutes.

You have to play the percentages.  The chances of them scoring twice in 6 minutes are higher than the chances of them scoring twice in 2 or 3 minutes.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Are you guys just going to refuse to accept the fact that Wes Welker was wide open in the flat like and the Patriots didn't need a score they just needed to hold the ball and bring the clock down? 

A pass to Welker gets you the first down and a minute off the clock. Brady didn't see Reed and he took the deep ball, that's either arrogance or just plain stupidity. That was the worst thing Brady could've done in that situation. I don't care if he had made that play to Slater, that would still mean giving the Ravens 7:00 minutes back to work with when he could've killed the game with a few dinks and dunks and a few runs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception II - C'mon Tommy Boy... : You're a coach now?

As much as you are a PhD.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[QUOTE]Are you guys just going to refuse to accept the fact that Wes Welker was wide open in the flat like and the Patriots didn't need a score they just needed to hold the ball and bring the clock down?  A pass to Welker gets you the first down and a minute off the clock. Brady didn't see Reed and he took the deep ball, that's either arrogance or just plain stupidity. That was the worst thing Brady could've done in that situation. I don't care if he had made that play to Slater, that would still mean giving the Ravens 7:00 minutes back to work with when he could've killed the game with a few dinks and dunks and a few runs. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

This is a reasonable response.  Anything else is just uncivilized.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts