Analyzing the interception.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Analyzing the interception.

At this point Underwood is about to launch himself airborne horizontally to get the pass. He can clearly see the defender in good position in front of him and should know the ball is up for grabs. Rather than launching he could have moved to the defender to contest the ball at this point and even taken a penalty thus insuring a FG try.

Underwood is airborne at this point and therefore can't do anything other than what he is committed to. The defender is about to launch into his play on the ball.

Having committed Underwood and the defender are both airborne and the ball is up for grabs.

Here the defender is taking the ball and despite Underwood having his arm inside the defenders he is going to take it away without any fight from Underwood.

A blowup of the last shot shows Underwood having his arm right in there and well positioned to break the interception up. But he did nothing.

It was an ill-advised pass. No argument there. But poor decisions by the receiver allowed it to be a pick. Underwood could have prevented the pick and preserved the FG possibility with better decisions from the start and a better effort to fight for the ball in the end.

This is likely all Tom was telling him when O'Brian melted down on him. If it were me you or any reasonable person we would have told Underwood, "Hey man, you saw the ball might be picked off, you got to take the defender out of that or fight for the ball there."

Brady made a bad decision to throw that. Underwood completely failed to adjust to the situation. Brady had every right to get on him for it and O'Brian had no business whatsoever butting in to it and getting on Brady. Tom is a long time veteran and  a star player in the league. If O'Brien wanted to criticize his decision that can be taken care of on reviewing film. Complete disrespect of a legendary veteran player by O'Brien.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception.

I dont think anyone disputes the fact it was a bad throw but Underwood could have / should have done more to break it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

the defender had just grabbed the shirt of TU{no PI though}
    which slightly disturbed the receivers pattern

tuff one all around

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

There are no legendary players on the Pats, they are all equal parts of the team.  Brady deserves to be yelled at just like anyone else.  Good for O'Brien for standing up to him. 

You prefer we be like the Colts and have the coaches wiping the QB's a**?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception.:
    [QUOTE]There are no legendary players on the Pats, they are all equal parts of the team.  Brady deserves to be yelled at just like anyone else.  Good for O'Brien for standing up to him.  You prefer we be like the Colts and have the coaches wiping the QB's a**?
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

It's a matter of respect. You don't try to humiliate your team leader when he simply is telling a street scrub to fight for the ball. If you think O'Brien having to be physically restrained by players, coaches and even admonished by BB himself is okay then you need to get a clue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Combination of things:

1. There was hold by the defender.

2. Bad decision to pass.

3. Bad play call.

4. Good play by the defender on the ball.

5. Bad play by TU on the ball. 

6. What the heck is TU even doing on this team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pogeyjoe. Show pogeyjoe's posts

If Brady can yell at Underwood for not breaking up an ill advised pass then who yells at Brady for throwing the pass in the fist place?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Dear Mr. Parilli,

You will be hearing from our lawyers. We intend to enforce our copyright on biased attempts to stretch the truth to fit a convenient version of events.

Sincerely,
    The Warren Commission

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]If Brady can yell at Underwood for not breaking up an ill advised pass then who yells at Brady for throwing the pass in the fist place?
    Posted by pogeyjoe[/QUOTE]

Nobody. Is some coach supposed to yell at Welker for dropping the TD pass? No. He's a veteran who knows he screwed up. A street scrub that doesn't try to break up a pass that can be picked needs to be told and Brady had every right to tell him.

Is O'Brien having to be restrained your idea of somebody telling a HOF veteran what he already knows?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]If Brady can yell at Underwood for not breaking up an ill advised pass then who yells at Brady for throwing the pass in the fist place?
    Posted by pogeyjoe[/QUOTE]

This is a head scratcher but I'll take a stab at an answer...his coach?

Since when does a QB have the right to criticize his pass catcher for not breaking up an interception? In reviewing said play multiple times it is clear that the pass catcher's momentum is AWAY from the ball. Impossible as it may seem, when a mass (Underwood) is moving away from another mass (the football in this case) forces exerted by each mass on the other are diminished. Underwood didn't have a prayer of breaking up that pass, despite what people say. Unless of course he initiated his movements to break up said play instead of initiating movements to catch said football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPfiiW32GCY

Reality: Football players sometimes make mistakes. Others make great plays. Wilson made a great interception, even Dan Dierdorf said Josh Wilson made a "tremendous" play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : This is a head scratcher but I'll take a stab at an answer...his coach? Since when does a QB have the right to criticize his pass catcher for not breaking up an interception? In reviewing said play multiple times it is clear that the pass catcher's momentum is AWAY from the ball. Impossible as it may seem, when a mass (Underwood) is moving away from another mass (the football in this case) forces exerted by each mass on the other are diminished. Underwood didn't have a prayer of breaking up that pass, despite what people say. Unless of course he initiated his movements to break up said play instead of initiating movements to catch said football.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Bingo! Said pass was obviously going to be contested and said receiver chose to ignore that entirely. Good point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]hhaha Muzzie with a nice one. All those stills do is show me Brady threw a lollipop.  It happens. Babe Parilli is one sick individual, though. My god.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Those stills show a receiver ignoring that the pass was in jeopardy of being picked off.

Are you saying that pointing out that fact makes a person a sick individual? Rather sick of you to say.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Horse is DEAD!!  The flies are now on it, leave it be!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Oh CRIPES!!!  AND REGGIE WAYNE RAN A LAZY, POOR ROUTE RESULTING IN A PICK 6 THAT IS NOW THE SOURCE OF SO MANY PATS FANS ARGUMENTS. 

GIVE IT A REST.  UNDERWOOD DIDN'T THROW THE BALL.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]hhaha Muzzie with a nice one. All those stills do is show me Brady threw a lollipop.  It happens. Babe Parilli is one sick individual, though. My god.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Sometimes we need to protect even ourselves.

I ignored the OP of this thread weeks ago.

He brings nothing of value or reasonable content to the forum.

My observation is that it would appear that he's an angry, pejorative and profane man. I avoid folks like that in my "real" life...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Oh CRIPES!!!  AND REGGIE WAYNE RAN A LAZY, POOR ROUTE RESULTING IN A PICK 6 THAT IS NOW THE SOURCE OF SO MANY PATS FANS ARGUMENTS.  GIVE IT A REST.  UNDERWOOD DIDN'T THROW THE BALL.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Don't be anal. Nobody has said the pass was a great idea. All anybody is saying is that Brady had a right to address Underwood's lacking on the play without being accosted by O'Brien. And don't try to excuse Manning's pick six.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So, the slide show:

#1 Underwood was coverd (don't throw the ball)
    #2 It was a soft throw into tight coverage (bad velocity on the throw)
    #3 I was behind the receiver towards the defender (bad location on the throw)
    #4 Underwoods legs were seperated trying unsuccessfully to adjust to a badly thrown ball (short of making an impossible cut back or causing an O pass interference Underwood could not prevent being undercut)
    #5 The D player was playing the ball and had the undercut the entire play (don't throw the ball)
    #6 Underwood had his hand on the DB's arm to try to break it up (should of went for the ball but in a bang bang play you grab what's in front of you)

Great job Babe you just proved it was more Brady's fault then Underwood. From back and to the left. Thank you for clearing that up

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Sometimes we need to protect even ourselves. I ignored the OP of this thread weeks ago. He brings nothing of value or reasonable content to the forum. My observation is that it would appear that he's an angry, pejorative and profane man. I avoid folks like that in my "real" life...
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Speaking of bringing nothing to the table, you are the poster child for that. I cannot honestly think of one thing you have ever posted that was worth a damn.

Kinda funny though. I wouldn't bother with a thread started by somebody I had on ignore. Only a twit would do something like that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

We need some honest analysis. 

Start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcaq4ElAJrE

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Combination of things:
    1. There was hold by the defender.  5%
    2. Bad decision to pass. 25%
    3. Bad play call. 5%
    4. Good play by the defender on the ball. 50%
    5. Bad play by TU on the ball.  15%
    6. What the heck is TU even doing on this team? 0% (he's better than 85)
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

My allocation of faults above.

Bottom line. Bad pass, nice defensive play. Massive overreaction by all sides because an assistant coach lost his cool and the QB reacted in-kind.

Maybe they'll bring this up at the next Republican debate. Has anybody asked Ron Paul his view?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]So, the slide show: #1 Underwood was coverd (don't throw the ball) #2 It was a soft throw into tight coverage (bad velocity on the throw) #3 I was behind the receiver towards the defender (bad location on the throw) #4 Underwoods legs were seperated trying unsuccessfully to adjust to a badly thrown ball (short of making an impossible cut back or causing an O pass interference Underwood could not prevent being undercut) #5 The D player was playing the ball and had the undercut the entire play (don't throw the ball) #6 Underwood had his hand on the DB's arm to try to break it up (should of went for the ball but in a bang bang play you grab what's in front of you) Great job Babe you just proved it was more Brady's fault then Underwood. From back and to the left. Thank you for clearing that up
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

You went astray right after you said "causing an O pass interference". Learn the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

O'Brien's sideline antics were unprofessional and unacceptable.  What he did has embarrassed the organization and given the National media an excuse to bash our organization.

Oh and TKD sucks and never should of been on the field in the first place.  Anyone want to guess how many passes go in his direction over the next 3 games?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : My allocation of faults above. Bottom line. Bad pass, nice defensive play. Massive overreaction by all sides because an assistant coach lost his cool and the QB reacted in-kind. Maybe they'll bring this up at the next Republican debate. Has anybody asked Ron Paul his view?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Bottom line: Bad pass, oblivious receiver, proper admonishment for the oblivion by the QB, embarassing meltdown by the OC.