Analyzing the interception.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception.

Without bad play calling there is nothing to analyze.  You don't throw in your own endzone with a lead and time running out... period.  

I love how some fans think that football absolutes don't apply to us because Tom Brady is under center.

The NFL competition committee, fantasy football and poor offensive coordinators have made us a finesse team much to our own detriment.  Charlie Weis would have rammed it down their throats or taken three... that's the difference between winning the Super Bowl and getting bounced in the first round.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception.:
    [QUOTE]O'Brien's sideline antics were unprofessional and unacceptable.  What he did has embarrassed the organization and given the National media an excuse to bash our organization. Oh and TKD sucks and never should of been on the field in the first place.  Anyone want to guess how many passes go in his direction over the next 3 games?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

O'Brien and Underwood's futures are so bright they need to wear night vision goggles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : You went astray right after you said "causing an O pass interference". Learn the game.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I know the rules. The defender was watching the ball and making a play for the ball. By rule he has as much right to the ball as the receiver if he is making a play on the ball. If the receiver then interferes with the defender making a play on the ball before the ball reaches the defender it's offensive pass interference

But if you don't believe me here's the official rule

"It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. "

So if the defender was making a play for the ball it would have been offensive PI if Underwood instituted non-incidental contract in an attempt to prevent the defender from making a play on the ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]... Charlie Weis would have rammed it down their throats or taken three... that's the difference between winning the Super Bowl and getting bounced in the first round.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Well, Charlie might have also thrown it to an eligible OLB or direct snapped it to an RB. He wasn't above creativity at the goal line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Without bad play calling there is nothing to analyze.  You don't throw in your own endzone with a lead and time running out... period.   I love how some fans think that football absolutes don't apply to us because Tom Brady is under center. The NFL competition committee, fantasy football and poor offensive coordinators have made us a finesse team much to our own detriment.  Charlie Weis would have rammed it down their throats or taken three... that's the difference between winning the Super Bowl and getting bounced in the first round.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I agree it should have been a run to begin with. No question about that but since Babe wanted to break down the play to say it's more Underwood's fault I think it's far not to include the play calling to begin with and only focus on the play itself

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Well, Charlie might have also thrown it to an eligible OLB or direct snapped it to an RB. He wasn't above creativity at the goal line.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid "creativity" isn't in O'Brien's repertoire...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : I agree it should have been a run to begin with. No question about that but since Babe wanted to break down the play to say it's more Underwood's fault I think it's far not to include the play calling to begin with and only focus on the play itself
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

What is your difficulty? I never said it was more Underwood's fault. I said both were at fault. I also said Brady had the right to tell Underwood about it and O'Brien was out of line to meltdown on Brady over it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Without bad play calling there is nothing to analyze.  You don't throw in your own endzone with a lead and time running out... period.   I love how some fans think that football absolutes don't apply to us because Tom Brady is under center. The NFL competition committee, fantasy football and poor offensive coordinators have made us a finesse team much to our own detriment.  Charlie Weis would have rammed it down their throats or taken three... that's the difference between winning the Super Bowl and getting bounced in the first round.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I must admit wozzy, I wondered why Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis wasn't on the field with Nick McDonald in front of him. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.
    Amazing how a black and white play can be viewed so differently by people.

Sometimes makes me wonder what I saw.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : I agree it should have been a run to begin with. No question about that but since Babe wanted to break down the play to say it's more Underwood's fault I think it's far not to include the play calling to begin with and only focus on the play itself

If we want to get technical then it's the QB's fault, you throw it to where ONLY your receiver can get it or you throw it out of the end zone and take three. 

O'Brien was correct in this case, unless of course we assume that he is the one that called a series of pass plays inside the ten, in which case he is a complete tool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Neither Brady nor Underwood executed ideally on that play. Brady threw the ball too softly and too far behind Underwood.  It's a mistake--but it's not one Brady makes often--he's usually excellent making that throw to the receiver coming across the back of the endzone.  Underwood should have been more aware of the defender and more aggressive attacking the ball.  Underwood is pretty untested . . . so he probably needs some instruction after that kind of play. 

As far as what happened after the play on the sideline, I really can't say who is at fault for the blow up because I don't know what was said to start the conflict and don't know what they were arguing about.  What I did think was weird is that O'Brien had to be pulled away from Brady.  It strikes me as odd that the coach couldn't control himself and had to be held back.  That makes me wonder about O'Brien's suitability for a leadership role . . .but then maybe Brady was being an a@@.  I don't know, so I can't really make any judgment on O'Brien based on the limited evidence available.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Great photoshop work!

I did post the same comments Monday..no defensive pass interference. TU could have broken up the pass. I thought Gronk was the first read but Brady thought he was covered (he was)

I dont get the criticism of OB on the call? He did not call the pass to TU. It is Bradys option on the play where to throw

Re: Underwood

posted at 12/12/2011 9:58 AM EST
    First: 1/29/2008
    Last: 12/14/2011
    From what I could see Branch was not on the field for the last 2 drives. This gave underwood his only snaps of the day. I believe ge was targeted 2 times. Catching one pass and the other the back of the end zone int. I didn't think it was holding, normal hand contact by a cb. To me it was clear Gronk was first option but covered.
    Great grab by the cb, I thought underwood could have played db and knocked the ball down.
    Ocho by my count got 3 snaps in the first half with one catch. No snaps 2 nd half.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : I must admit wozzy, I wondered why Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis wasn't on the field with Nick McDonald in front of him...
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Or how about Law Firm with Marcus Cannon at fullback and Nate Solder as a receiver eligible tightend on the edge? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Some feel he's a Pats fan. I feel he goes overboard on the pro-Brady rants to make it seem like Brady made BB, to smear BB as a coach and GM. It's a popular thing to do by the media (kick BB when down or not 100% perfect), and then always act like Brady is doing his best QB work at all times. I go by what I see and that usually does my opinions justice. I saw a QB talking to a WR as if there was something to discuss. Other than "my bad" from Brady, that's all that should have been discussed. There was some PI there, but it was still a poorly thrown ball and decision, which is almost insulting to fans' intelligence here for that to be debatable. And now, it's become Underwood to grow 45 inch arms to get around Josh Wilson to knock it away. Just a pathetic spam thread from Parilli.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I'll stand by the pro Brady rants.

You can keep the pro D rants.

I understand your Brady bashing ways make it hard for you to comprehend that he had every right to give Underwood a ration about not busting up the play even if it meant a penalty.

And how many more hundred times do I have to say BB is a great coach to lay to rest your lies that I am saying something different?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bad playcall, bad pass, receiver who was surprised the ball was thrown and tried to take it away from the defender before realizing the defender had better position, so he made a last second swipe at the ball.  So, bad awareness by Underwood.  Both at fault.  I watched the play 5 times last night.  After watching Woodhead run the ball to get inside the 10 yard line the Pats inexplicably threw the ball.

Look, the Pats blew plenty of scoring chances and sure TDs in that game.  They should've been up more than they were.  But it just doesn't excuse the poor logic of not running the ball and leaving the field with a field goal at a minimum, especially in that situation where being up two scores is all that mattered.  Inexplicable.   

Re: O'Brien, we have no idea what the gripe was, and maybe Tom needed to be dressed down.  At the very least, it looked like Brady was dressing down Underwood for something that wasn't completely his fault.  So we don't know the story, but as long as O'Brien and Brady are moving on it's no big deal. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : I know the rules. The defender was watching the ball and making a play for the ball. By rule he has as much right to the ball as the receiver if he is making a play on the ball. If the receiver then interferes with the defender making a play on the ball before the ball reaches the defender it's offensive pass interference But if you don't believe me here's the official rule "It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. " So if the defender was making a play for the ball it would have been offensive PI if Underwood instituted non-incidental contract in an attempt to prevent the defender from making a play on the ball.

Like Brady said, NO SHYT!

That's the point. He should have taken a penalty rather than chanced making the catch. Poor decision. He clearly saw the defender had good position on him. The good play is to not take the maybe 50/50 shot at the catch and take the 100% shot at no pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : In these cases you can tell who is too far gone as a "Brady can do no wrong" type and who is an objective fan. You'd think our offense has been great in the McDaniels spread since 2005 acrosss the board every season and into the playoffs with Brady running it. Bring back Charlie Weis!  Now!  Maybe Kansas will allow him to call plays for the next 6 weeks for us? lol

What is wrong with you? Are you a pathological liar? Nobody has said Brady did no wrong. You constantly just make things up.

Oh, I forget, you're a salesman. Never mind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : In these cases you can tell who is too far gone as a "Brady can do no wrong" type and who is an objective fan. You'd think our offense has been great in the McDaniels spread since 2005 acrosss the board every season and into the playoffs with Brady running it. Bring back Charlie Weis!  Now!  Maybe Kansas will allow him to call plays for the next 6 weeks for us? lol

I'm not obsessed with Weis, I'll take any vet offensive coordinator familiar with our system and an eye for balance and creativity, somebody who can compliment BB's genius on the defensive side.  

Coaches don't count against the salary cap, there is no excuse why we don't "splurge" a little for a quality guy who is content as an offensive coordinator.  I miss the days of not being able to figure out whether we would pass or run, now when I'm watching a game you can tell what they will do simply by personnel groupings... it's embarrassingly bad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : I'm not obsessed with Weis, I'll take any vet offensive coordinator familiar with our system and an eye for balance and creativity, somebody who can compliment BB's genius on the defensive side.   Coaches don't count against the salary cap, there is no excuse why we don't "splurge" a little for a quality guy who is content as an offensive coordinator.  I miss the days of not being able to figure out whether we would pass or run, now when I'm watching a game you can tell what they will do simply by personnel groupings... it's embarrassingly bad.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

You watch though, some poorly managed team will raid the Pats' coaching cupboard and BB will promote the assistant to the equipment manager to be a coach because he's clearly enamored with promoting from within.  Why?  I have no idea.  Honest truth, I think half of the issues over the past few years is that graybeard Bill has to do OJT with his wet-behind-the-ears coaches.  Meanwhile, the clock on the Brady era is ticking...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : It's a matter of respect. You don't try to humiliate your team leader when he simply is telling a street scrub to fight for the ball. If you think O'Brien having to be physically restrained by players, coaches and even admonished by BB himself is okay then you need to get a clue.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

You sure are throwing a lot of dirt on this mole hill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : You sure are throwing a lot of dirt on this mole hill.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

O'Brien melting down on Brady isn't a molehill. There is an underlying problem there that isn't just going to go away.

When your franchise QB gets trashed by an inexperienced OC so badly he has to be restrained, there is something rotten in Denmark.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.