Analyzing the interception.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception.

I thought the O-Line was pushed back all day. Mankins had maybe his worse day as a pro. I cant fault the play call. Its in Bradys hands to find an open man or throw it away. I will take those options every time...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : The molehill may very well be Brady's insubordinaton with regards to the coach above him (O'Brien). NO ONE IS ABOVE THE TEAM. And if Brady overruled in the huddle and he threw a pick, yes, we have a problem and his name is Brady for not understanding the situation. I find it intriguing you have no issue with that.  You want the inmates to run the asylum, do ya? You watch the Sox collapse this year, Wonder Gramps? I warned of the Brady/O'Brien relationship for TWO MONTHS and you kept throwing QB ratings in my face like a bozo. I'd suggest you start opening your eyes a bit.  Some know more than yourself and don't promote an agenda. Drink an Ensure and call us in the morning, Gramps.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to say the QB has no right to audible Spinboy?

Now you're making it up that Brady thinks he is above the team. You are pathological after all.

Brady isn't subordinate to the OC if he wants to tell a receiver something. Your mind is a terrible thing to waste.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : I think this is harsh. I think teams specifically raided this organization for two reasons: 1. To weaken the infrastructure. 2. To hope to have some of the magic rub off. So many guys loyal to BB  and Kraft turned down far more money many times. Pioli, Dimitroff, STs coach Brad Seely are 3 I know of. This doesn't even count scouts, which admittedly, shift from team to team more frequently than coaches. I think they have more of a respect for this element now after going through it, more so than before, which is why I disagree. Caserio isn't going anywhere.  Nor is O'Brien or Patricia unless they feel a need to upgrade. Look at Philly. Jim Johnson passes away and they STILL haven't fixed their D. Quality infrastructure is important, agreed, but I don't feel Kraft and BB take it lightly like you are suggesting. Scarnecchia has probably also had numerous high end offers to leave. They do all they can to hold on to who they want to hold on to within reason. We can't fault BB for what Manboobs did. The concept is right. Most of the successful teasm envy what BB does and hope they can mirror it. Pittsburgh has generally been  good at this, too. Not a coincidence.

Why harsh?  If anything, I'm complimenting the Pats here.  They lost Pioli, Weis, Crennel, Mangini, McDaniels over the course of 4-5 years and they've brought along O'Brien, Patricia, Cesario, all in-house guys who aren't/weren't given titles of GM, OC or DC because they're still learning on the job or because BB is shielding them from being snatched away by teams looking for the next BB prodigy to lead their team. 

Of course the Krafts/Pats do their best to retain the brain trust, but you really don't believe that BB is stretched too thin losing all of that experience?  I think that's part of why it's been a bit of a postseason drought around here.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Like Brady said, NO SHYT! That's the point. He should have taken a penalty rather than chanced making the catch. Poor decision. He clearly saw the defender had good position on him. The good play is to not take the maybe 50/50 shot at the catch and take the 100% shot at no pick.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Babe you questioned my knowledge of the game and specifically pointed out the offensive PI comment. So I merely pointed out I knew the rules of the game with regard to what you specifically quoted. If you are saying "NO SHYT" then why make the comment about me knowing the game to begin with?

I hate to tell you but you can't blame a fringe player that could be released the day after the game for committing a stupid penalty from not wanting to commit a penalty then saying you needed to commit it because the face of the franchise messed up.

It would be different if Welker, Gronk, or Branch did it but this kid is worried about having a job next week so in the fraction of a second he has to make the decision you are really going to blame him for not wanting to commit a penalty that could get him fired?

What would you do if your Boss came up to you and said he needs you to take the blame for his bad decision as his boss was walking down the hall right after him? Would you risk taking the blame and getting fired or just play it safe and let the mistake play out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The simple fact is that Brady was trying to show up the receiver in front of others by telling him that "you've got to go get it". 

To which O'brien probably said something like, come on, Tom, make a better throw, do your job, etc.

Whatever it was Tom responded with some explatives escalating the argument. 

O'brien didn't like the response and gave it back to brady who responded with "no shyt" and "he's open". 

I am not sure the comments that could be deciphered indicated that Tom felt like he was at any fault at that time.  Further it is clear that Underwood tried to separate the defender from the ball but wasn't strong enough to do so. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Or how about Law Firm with Marcus Cannon at fullback and Nate Solder as a receiver eligible tightend on the edge? 
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Strong left, strong left, strong left...kick if you need to.
    Hindsight is 20/20 but the Pats seem to no longer rely on the run game for six when they're in close.

It's a shame.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : This is a head scratcher but I'll take a stab at an answer...his coach? Since when does a QB have the right to criticize his pass catcher for not breaking up an interception? In reviewing said play multiple times it is clear that the pass catcher's momentum is AWAY from the ball. Impossible as it may seem, when a mass (Underwood) is moving away from another mass (the football in this case) forces exerted by each mass on the other are diminished. Underwood didn't have a prayer of breaking up that pass, despite what people say. Unless of course he initiated his movements to break up said play instead of initiating movements to catch said football. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPfiiW32GCY Reality: Football players sometimes make mistakes. Others make great plays. Wilson made a great interception, even Dan Dierdorf said Josh Wilson made a "tremendous" play.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Actually Western you just described exactly what Underwood did wrong.  He was "moving away from the ball".  He was suppose to "cut" his route across the end zone parallel to the end line to put his body between the defender and the ball.  By not cutting his route this way, he did fade away from the ball and let the defender undercut him.  He rounded his route rather then cut it.

That is what Brady was telling him on the sideline, that he needs to cut that pattern and but his body between the defender and the ball.

That being said it was a lob pass and Brady also needs to be aware he is throwing to a rookie who may not run the best pattern.  He has blame too.

I do not have a problem with O'brien defending his receiver but he did not need to go postal.  That was way over the line.  If you watch brady talking to underwood, he is doing just that, talking not yelling.  Then O'brien starts screaming and has to be physically restrained from going back.  That was way over the line. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : No, I am trying to say you're annoying and intentionally ignorant to cause problems on this board as a troll. If I just said Brady's audbile to a pass from O'Brien's run call is the source of that blow up, then why would I say Brady has no audible power?  Try making sense and you might get somewhere.  Aren't I the one who also has referenced the 2009 SI article about Mannning/Brady's power and autonomy at the line during games? Try again, Wonder Gramps.

Wonder Gramps and Spinboy? Yikes! lolol

Do we need to call in BB to break it up?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

66 - so could have wayne.  Wayne could have run a tighter route.  etc etc etc.  Just be thankful that int Brady threw didn't have the same results as the one Manning threw. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : "Going back"?  He went parallel to the back of the end zone. The ball was hung up in the air and totally caught him by surprise. There was no safety, no double coverage, no threat of Brady throwing a rifle ball, leading Underwood a bit, lower, in that situation. Instead, he lobbed it up in there. This is likely a subliminal lack of trust thing in Brady's brain where he's saying ""Let me try to make this easy for Kid N Play" since he;s new." NO! Throw the ball to him like you do everyone else!  Jesus. Brady was lazy on the throw like he has been A LOT this season when he's not seeing Welker and Gronk open. Not debatbale.

No he was not Rusty.  Geez you can even look at the pics at the start of the post or go watch the game again.  He was fading back not going across and that let the defender undercut him.  Yes the pass was a lob, they were both to blame.  Keep up the Brady hate thou.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : I hate our 5 spread set. Hate it.  The only time that works is against bad or medicore Ds. Or Zone. That's it. There's no real hindsight against repeated offensive playcallling flaws. It's a pattern and it's troubling. Only BB/O'Brien and BB can fix it. I would advise Brady not to audible to a pass unless he absolutely feels secure with the call. It's utterly ridiculous to pretend we have no run game because we don't have a superstar in the #42 jersey.

Didn't the Pats almost lead the NFL in rushing redzone TDs last year?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]From last year and into Week 4 or 5 this year, yes, BJGE led the NFL in TDs for RBs in the NFL. Not anymore thanks to O'Brien and Brady!

Yea how dare they throw the ball to Gronk the beast who has like what 10 or 11 redzone TD's.  That' just crazy.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts