Analyzing the interception.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception.

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception.:
    [QUOTE]Right.  In constant shotguns which tells Orapko to pass rush only with us not running it much at all, this means our O Line was pushed back all day. Do you have nary a clue about what you watch or do you really think we will think of you as a Pats fan? NEWSFLASH: Our O Line looks good when we establish some version of a run game. Our O Line did quite well for being on the road against Orapko, Fletcher, and that really good front 7.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]
    Russ,
    They were pushed back on every run play. Woodhead gained his yards AFTER being hit behind the LOS on most every carry.
    O line was ok against the pass. I thought Brady did a better job of avoiding the rush than I have ever seen.
    You need to face facts. Regardless if this team can't or won't run, they aint doing it. I would venture that after the defensive back field, the 0-line will get a draft upgrade. Pats need to spend a high draft choice on a C. Make Connelly the backup C and G.
     Next year, Solder, Makins, high draft choice, Cannon, Vollmer. Connelly and Wendell for depth. Then watch the young guys run 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, let's pretend the defense is guessing where we want to go with the ball. LMAO You'll be saying this in January, too.  Hoepfully, we actually WIN those games.

They know it's going to GRONK now and they can't stop it son.  Wake up.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : No duh. That's the Washington Redskins.  You wake up.

LOL, 23 touchdowns in like 28 games.  He has been doing it every game for almost 2 years not one game.  WAKE UP RUSTY!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Yea how dare they throw the ball to Gronk the beast who has like what 10 or 11 redzone TD's.  That' just crazy.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Did this "Gronk" character or BJ G-E touch the ball on the 3rd and goal play?

Hmmmmm...

...I believe the thought is, the Patriots have multiple methods they MIGHT count on to hit paydirt when they're in the redzone.

Gronk would have been a better option as well but Washington appears to have shut that down, although Brady may have been able to squeeze it in there.

An audible might be consider trickery by some but, as Tom Brady stared down "Gronk" and chose to not throw there he only had the one option in the back of the endzone because of the pressure from his left. Washington outplayed the Pats on that down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Did this "Gronk" character or BJ G-E touch the ball on the 3rd and goal play? Hmmmmm... ...I believe the thought is, the Patriots have multiple methods they MIGHT count on to hit paydirt when they're in the redzone. Gronk would have been a better option as well but Washington appears to have shut that down, although Brady may have been able to squeeze it in there. An audible might be consider trickery by some but, as Tom Brady stared down "Gronk" and chose to not throw there he only had the one option in the back of the endzone because of the pressure from his left. Washington outplayed the Pats on that down.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Western my response about Gronk was not tied to that play.  It was in response to Rusty saying how Green Ellis rushing TD's had gone down.   My point was of course they have because Gronk has become a beast in the red-zone.  I am not saying they need to throw to Gronk everytime but when you have something as successful as Gronk in the red zone, its just common sense that others will not be getting the ball as much in the red zone.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Weggie Rayne wasn't looking at the ball though.  Underwood was.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

That's part of the point.  He ran a lazy route.  At the end of the day, the QB gets the blame. 

The fact is Manning's throw was about the quickest timing route that can be thrown and given the great coverage, if everything wasn't perfect (and it wasn't) the pass was picked. 

In Brady's case, he had all day to survey his receivers.  He chose his worst one who was just picked up and heavily covered.  Brady had options.  Manning didn't.  Brady still threw the ball and tried to pass off blame that the receiver should "go get the ball". 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : That's part of the point.  He ran a lazy route.  At the end of the day, the QB gets the blame.  The fact is Manning's throw was about the quickest timing route that can be thrown and given the great coverage, if everything wasn't perfect (and it wasn't) the pass was picked.  In Brady's case, he had all day to survey his receivers.  He chose his worst one who was just picked up and heavily covered.  Brady had options.  Manning didn't.  Brady still threw the ball and tried to pass off blame that the receiver should "go get the ball". 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Say what.  Watch the play again he had no other options.  How did he pass the blame.  The reciever ran a bad route and he told him so.  He also made a bad pass.

The biggest difference is he was talking to the reciever on the sideline.  If anyone in the media asked Brady about that interception after the game, he would never had said the reciever was at fault, Manning would have been playing anything and anyone he could think of.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Western my response about Gronk was not tied to that play.  It was in response to Rusty saying how Green Ellis rushing TD's had gone down.   My point was of course they have because Gronk has become a beast in the red-zone.  I am not saying they need to throw to Gronk everytime but when you have something as successful as Gronk in the red zone, its just common sense that others will not be getting the ball as much in the red zone.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

I agree that the rushing TDs are down because "Gronk" has gone redzone crazy. The point you both bring IS that Gronk was OBVIOUSLY Brady's #1 "stare down" target on the play in question. Washington shut it down and forced Brady to go elsewhere with little time as he didn't roll or play-fake. He stood-in.

Playing Baltimore or Pittsburg in January will likely result in the same.

BJ G-E in a stacked back field FORCES the defense to manage more options.

Sunday's play was stuffed...I wonder if Vrabel should have been eligible for the play...just sayin'...the Patriots are predictable.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Watching the replay 100 times and looking at the stop action photos, if Brady had really throw the ball instead of trying to 'feather it in there', it would have either been a TD or an incompletion. If the ball had any zip on it, it would have been to Underwoods hands at second picture, when he is at the top of his leap, and the DB would not have had any chance at it. Either Underwood would have caught it or it would have been incomplete. The ball was floated which gave the DB a chance to make a play on it, and he did. Simple as that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Why aren't they doing it, professor?

O-line has been disappointing, due to injury and down year for Mankins. Benny has either been hurt, or simply playing poorly. Rookies are not yet up to speed. I truly think that the Pats have come out and tried to balance in the run, it simply is not working, and by throwing the ball, they are scoring enough points to offset the hole the offense is putting the defense in.
    I am of the opinion, as our most, against these weaker teams, the defensive game plan has been to see if the opposing QB can put up 30. The Grossmans, Orlovskys and Sanchez's and the like have come close, but so far they have not done it. And it has produced 10 wins so far. Ride it out, and fix it in the offseason by improving the o-line and getting the rookie RB's into a strength program and training camp

25. This post has been removed.