Analyzing the interception.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception.

I agree with all that but show he close up of the jersy pull that the defender in a better position in the first place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Which would be  the exact point  you'd use to  defend Horseface.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    I only point it out to prove that Brady is just as human as Manning.  He shared his inability to handle HIS mistake for the world to enjoy. 

I wonder if the bus driver felt a bump as he was going over Underwood and Obrien?  I just hope the 2 are ok. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : O'Brien melting down on Brady isn't a molehill. There is an underlying problem there that isn't just going to go away. When your franchise QB gets trashed by an inexperienced OC so badly he has to be restrained, there is something rotten in Denmark.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Q. I believe Tom Brady was out of line [in the sideline clash with Bill O'Brien]. I totally understand "THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT!" but he overstepped his boundaries! Thoughts? -- Chuck P. (Boston)

A. What boundaries? This is professional football. Players and coaches will get into it, and will have heated disagreements. It's inevitable. The number of coaches I used to have confrontations with is endless. Romeo Crennel once told us "Whatever happens on the sideline, don't take it personally, because what happens on the sideline during a game STAYS on the sideline."

That was Tedy Bruschi's answer to what you are referring to as a "meltdown". These things happen all the time.

Brady made a poor decision, it doesn't happen often and probably less then most QB's who have ever played the game.

He has the highest winning % in NFL history, and unless I am mistaking one of the highest TD to INT ratios for QB's who qualify.

This tells me that he is not the problem at all. I know Rusty has it out for Brady in order to back up his own remarks, but as I constantly remind him, he is in fact barking up the wrong tree.

Our O.C and offense in general does next to nothing to help Brady win games, we have the most predictable offense I have ever laid eyes on. The only reason it works is because Brady is the best in the league at finding the weak spots in a defense and delivering the ball where it needs to go.

But at the same time OB had a good reason to yell at Brady especially when Brady yelled back. He is the QB not the coach. His forced throw could have cost us the game when 3 points would have made it a 2 possession game. Brady as good as he is needs to be held in check just like the rest of the players in this league, even if it takes an O.C who has pretty much been riding on Brady's coat tails for the past few seasons.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Great Job Babe!  There are plenty of NFL caliber WR in this league that can fight for that ball.  Underwood is not NFL caliber.

I mean seriously, some fans just don't seem to get it.  If the Pats lined up someone's 80 years old grandmother at WR, should we blame Brady for her not getting open?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Sweet mother of pearl can we put this issue to rest already?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : You cannot  ASSUME  they make that FG,  if they kicked it.

And you can't assume the ball won't spontaneous morph into a vicious blood thirsty rabbit with big pointy teeth that will bite off all the players heads, yet they still take the field and handle the ball (ohh those brave souls)

Fact is there are few things in football that are close to guarantees. Kicking a FG from that distance is one of them, the others? Not turning it over from kneeling the ball, BJGE not fumbling, and the Boys finding the most creative ways to lose a game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

This is a clear example of the split seconds involved in this game. Also, for those that studied Physics, this is proof that Underwood had little to no chance to do anything to thwart this play. 

Milliseconds to change direction, and once the body is airborne not a lot one can do. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]This is a clear example of the split seconds involved in this game. Also, for those that studied Physics, this is proof that Underwood had little to no chance to do anything to thwart this play.  Milliseconds to change direction, and once the body is airborne not a lot one can do.   
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think Underwood jumped expecting the throw to have some velocity. It floated, which threw the timing of his jump off and gave the defender just enough time to make the play, which was a pretty good effort. Milliseconds of difference, but it shows what BB always says about how close the difference between winning and losing can be any given week.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The NFL competition committee, fantasy football and poor offensive coordinators have made us a finesse team much to our own detriment.  Charlie Weis would have rammed it down their throats or taken three... that's the difference between winning the Super Bowl and getting bounced in the first round.

You wonder what this team would have evolved too if we didnt take Wilfork and took Steven Jackson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : And you can't assume the ball won't spontaneous morph into a vicious blood thirsty rabbit with big pointy teeth that will bite off all the players heads, yet they still take the field and handle the ball (ohh those brave souls) Fact is there are few things in football that are close to guarantees. Kicking a FG from that distance is one of them, the others? Not turning it over from kneeling the ball, BJGE not fumbling, and the Boys finding the most creative ways to lose a game
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

If he wasn't on ignore I would have posted something clever....but not as clever as this. Well done good sir, well done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think that the whole deal was handled wrong. In the real world you take someone aside or have that talk in private. I'd never publicly humiliate one of my guys. But all bets are off on a private a@z chewing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Actually, that was Vanderjagt and Weggie Rayne the bus was going over...

No no.  No bus ran over either of those guys.  Manning flat out killed Vanderjagt as he should have.  You've never heard a peep about Wayne.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Babe you questioned my knowledge of the game and specifically pointed out the offensive PI comment. So I merely pointed out I knew the rules of the game with regard to what you specifically quoted. If you are saying "NO SHYT" then why make the comment about me knowing the game to begin with? I hate to tell you but you can't blame a fringe player that could be released the day after the game for committing a stupid penalty from not wanting to commit a penalty then saying you needed to commit it because the face of the franchise messed up. It would be different if Welker, Gronk, or Branch did it but this kid is worried about having a job next week so in the fraction of a second he has to make the decision you are really going to blame him for not wanting to commit a penalty that could get him fired? What would you do if your Boss came up to you and said he needs you to take the blame for his bad decision as his boss was walking down the hall right after him? Would you risk taking the blame and getting fired or just play it safe and let the mistake play out?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Football 101. If you're the receiver and it looks like there is a fair to good chance the ball will be picked off you have to error to making sure that doesn't happen first in that situation. He had plenty of prior notice that this was the situation.

Obviously he was incapable of realizing this or he would have approached it differently. Actually, he might have better assured his being cut by not saving the play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]The simple fact is that Brady was trying to show up the receiver in front of others by telling him that "you've got to go get it".  To which O'brien probably said something like, come on, Tom, make a better throw, do your job, etc. Whatever it was Tom responded with some explatives escalating the argument.  O'brien didn't like the response and gave it back to brady who responded with "no shyt" and "he's open".  I am not sure the comments that could be deciphered indicated that Tom felt like he was at any fault at that time.  Further it is clear that Underwood tried to separate the defender from the ball but wasn't strong enough to do so. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Brady was not trying to show anybody up. You have no clue about Brady. He was frustrated with the crap he has had at WR for 2 years and was trying to edjucate this scrub on the fly. If he wanted to show him up he would have dressed him down on the field. He felt the kid made no effort to break up the errant throw. He was right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : I hate to agree with Underpants, but I can't lie. This is pretty much exactly what happened and Brady pretty much admitted as such saying he was wrong, which I am glad he did. This is why this is overblown.  The incident is overblown, our finesse offense with some odd playcalling is not.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Brady never said he was wrong for dressing down the scrub. Stop your pathological spin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : No, I am trying to say you're annoying and intentionally ignorant to cause problems on this board as a troll. If I just said Brady's audbile to a pass from O'Brien's run call is the source of that blow up, then why would I say Brady has no audible power?  Try making sense and you might get somewhere.  Aren't I the one who also has referenced the 2009 SI article about Mannning/Brady's power and autonomy at the line during games? Try again, Wonder Gramps.

Your troll theory makes about as much sense as your claims this D is terrific and Brady is the big problem

I asked you a question dum bass.  You called Brady insubordinate in regard to the audible. Make yourself clear and people won't question you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : That's nothing. I call him that since the many times he's been slapped in these debates, he started to feel a little insecure, so he goes for the condescending "wonder boy" name, insinuating I think I know everything, which i don't. I am just good at calling out crap and phonioes. Gramps has resorted to calling me "Wonderboy" because I am not 65 years old and don't have 8 Brady posters on my wall, sitting in my Brady Underoos, at the Green Meadows nursing home.

The only thing you're good at is deluding yourself and selling poor unwary little old ladies snake oil.

What kind of a complete moron Pats' fan bashes Brady 75 times a day? Your kind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : No, but he could have made an effort that was better than the one he gave.  He wins the Dwayne Bowe award this week. Why is a fan of Horseface here?

Why is he here? Pen!s envy.