Analyzing the interception.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception.

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception.:
    [QUOTE]I am fascinated by people trying to lie about the throw and what actually happened. Babe Parilli posts stills of Underwood after he was held and the wounded duck in the air, which led to Wilson getting underneath position.  It's no different than Brady throwing it behind Ocho in Buffalo on the slant route, where he didn';t lead Ocho. I can make a list of 10 poor throws where Brady missed wide open receivers. I could not make a list like that last year or even in 2009, for that matter. Oh well. This offense must improve.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You seriously have issues don't you? I certainly didn't say it was a great throw or a great decision. The fact is Brady was being hit just as he threw. He had to get rid of it.

The entire point is that the receiver did nothing to save the play and he could have and THAT is what Brady was saying to him, and Brady was RIGHT. Dum bass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : I only point it out to prove that Brady is just as human as Manning.  He shared his inability to handle HIS mistake for the world to enjoy.  I wonder if the bus driver felt a bump as he was going over Underwood and Obrien?  I just hope the 2 are ok. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

What a load of hooey. If OB didn't make a federal case out of it Brady's little talk with Underwood would have been no big deal whatsoever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Great Job Babe!  There are plenty of NFL caliber WR in this league that can fight for that ball.  Underwood is not NFL caliber. I mean seriously, some fans just don't seem to get it.  If the Pats lined up someone's 80 years old grandmother at WR, should we blame Brady for her not getting open?
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Glad you found this enlightening G77.

Some fans... have an agenda that has nothing to do with the truth or reality.

Some speak in cliches like "run more". Some  have crowed about how great the rebuilt D would be and now that it stinks to high heaven they are blowing smoke. Some still resent Brady for sending Drew packing for cryin' out loud. Lots of motives out there that are a square peg they keep trying to drive into the round hole of reality. But they keep pounding away.

The reality is without Brady this team would have 2-4 wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

come on babe, rusty is right  in that brady has been missing wide open targets this season, something that he's never done much of before .

brady is a great qb, in the top 3 to 5 in the nfl, he just made a bad play like every other great qb has. he will definately bounce back and probably have a great game this weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]come on babe, rusty is right  in that brady has been missing wide open targets this season, something that he's never done much of before . brady is a great qb, in the top 3 to 5 in the nfl, he just made a bad play like every other great qb has. he will definately bounce back and probably have a great game this weekend.
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]

You really think he's top 10 this year? Moron.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Another rudimentary thing is that Belichick is always looking to add a player for the benefit of the team and that spot position is now taken by Underwood, so how would it look to the media if Underwood was let go and replaced by another? NOT good and Perhaps Brady would still again be the scapegoat?

Oh wait, was'nt there a Brady interception in the Buffalo game that bounced off the helmut of someone? If the helmut was'nt there then that Buffalo game was a W, huh? Did'nt you know if the O'lineman had kept his block longer then that Interception would never have happened? Yeah, analyze this!

None-the-less this was an interesting thread inwhich remarkably threads like this always tell us more about the posters themselves and how they feel about several things, which is all GOOD!

Have a great game day and I'm hoping Rocky starts the game thread before he reaches Milehigh, and he should wear some Pats gear and he can wave to us holding up his ipad for Identity?

"I'll moider da bum."
    Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William

Shakespeare

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : You cannot  ASSUME  they make that FG,  if they kicked it.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Ghost inside the 20... that's about as automatic as you get in this league.  You should probably avoid writing stupid things in all large caps.

Run more... yeah they actually should, even the Pats third down back (Woody) who was moonlighting as a starter was averaging over 5 yards a carry, Law Firm was averaging 4 yard a carry so when you "scream" out in large caps that they were averaging 3 yards a carry and shouldn't run more you can see how silly that sounds right?  Facts usually sound better shouted from the mountain top when they are correct.

THE EARTH IS FLAT!!  See how silly that looks?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Strong left, strong left, strong left...kick if you need to. Hindsight is 20/20 but the Pats seem to no longer rely on the run game for six when they're in close. It's a shame.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

It's why we win in the regular season and fold in the playoffs, we've become the Colts.  And more than just in the red zone, our running game used to be as varied as the passing game, misdirection, draws, cut backs; there used to be an art to it... now we see the sweep right or left.  

We should play offense like we don't have Tom Brady back there, just some nameless slob trying to make the roster, protect him with a strong running game and we'll thrive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : It's why we win in the regular season and fold in the playoffs, we've become the Colts.  And more than just in the red zone, our running game used to be as varied as the passing game, misdirection, draws, cut backs; there used to be an art to it... now we see the sweep right or left.   We should play offense like we don't have Tom Brady back there, just some nameless slob trying to make the roster, protect him with a strong running game and we'll thrive.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

That makes a lot of sense. Most head coaches in the league would be trying to figure out how to use their Hall of Fame QB less and get their bevy of mediocre running backs the ball more. You running game guys are way ahead of the curve.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Brady never said he was wrong for dressing down the scrub. Stop your pathological spin.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

He never said that he was right either. The fact is, you don't know Brady either - and you have zero idea (nor do the rest of us) what happened behind closed doors.  All you've done is speculate the same as everyone else who has an opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Your troll theory makes about as much sense as your claims this D is terrific and Brady is the big problem I asked you a question dum bass.  You called Brady insubordinate in regard to the audible. Make yourself clear and people won't question you.
     maybe insubordinate isn't the right word.

If Brady, has the "right" to have a heated discussion w/ Underwood, isn't it okay for a Coach have the "right" to have a heated discussion with Brady?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : What a load of hooey. If OB didn't make a federal case out of it Brady's little talk with Underwood would have been no big deal whatsoever.

didn't brady make a "federal case" out of the INT with Underwood?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Glad you found this enlightening G77. Some fans... have an agenda that has nothing to do with the truth or reality. Some speak in cliches like "run more". Some  have crowed about how great the rebuilt D would be and now that it stinks to high heaven they are blowing smoke. Some still resent Brady for sending Drew packing for cryin' out loud. Lots of motives out there that are a square peg they keep trying to drive into the round hole of reality. But they keep pounding away. The reality is without Brady this team would have 2-4 wins.
    but, if underwood isn't open, why throw the ball?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : It's why we win in the regular season and fold in the playoffs, we've become the Colts.  And more than just in the red zone, our running game used to be as varied as the passing game, misdirection, draws, cut backs; there used to be an art to it... now we see the sweep right or left.   We should play offense like we don't have Tom Brady back there, just some nameless slob trying to make the roster, protect him with a strong running game and we'll thrive.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

been sayin it for years. Most refuse to believe this....I shudder every time I think of that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Another rudimentary thing is that Belichick is always looking to add a player for the benefit of the team and that spot position is now taken by Underwood, so how would it look to the media if Underwood was let go and replaced by another

Oh wait, was'nt there a Brady interception in the Buffalo game that bounced off the helmut of someone? If the helmut was'nt there then that Buffalo game was a W, huh? Did'nt you know if the O'lineman had kept his block longer then that Interception would never have happened? Yeah, analyze this! None-the-less this was an interesting thread inwhich remarkably threads like this always tell us more about the posters themselves and how they feel about several things, which is all GOOD! Have a great game day and I'm hoping Rocky starts the game thread before he reaches Milehigh, and he should wear some Pats gear and he can wave to us holding up his ipad for Identity? "I'll moider da bum." Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

seems like that's not really true. Seems like most of the posters on this thread and on the others have bees spreading out the blame for the entire incident.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : You cannot  ASSUME  they make that FG,  if they kicked it.

you have got to be the stupidest poster on the board bar none.  Is it more or less likely that Ghost makes a chip shot?

just because you use a larger font doesn't make things true. All it does is make you look like an insecure person trying to get attention.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Sometimes we need to protect even ourselves. I ignored the OP of this thread weeks ago. He brings nothing of value or reasonable content to the forum. My observation is that it would appear that he's an angry, pejorative and profane man. I avoid folks like that in my "real" life...
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

You should avoid it here, too by taking your high and mighty @s$ out of the forum.

Tiquan is a young player, they make mistakes.  Brady is a QB, sometimes they try to do things they shouldn't.  It happens.  Good lesson for all in a WIN.  That is the great part, we aren't talking about Marion Barber making the EXACT two plays the Broncos needed to stay alive, or Romo giving the Jests what they needed to win.  WE WON.  So, this can be just a good lesson.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Okay if I'm reading our resident football geniuses correctly (and I haven't read all 145 posts) we should:
    • Bench that spoiled-brat, interception-throwing, stat-padding QB we've got
    • Feature BJGE on offense to avoid that mistake-filled, shotgun-loving passing game that just produces turnovers (BJGE never fumbles after all, and consistently getting more than 2 yards a play is vastly over-rated)
    • Give Underwood more chances because he runs great routes in the endzone that would result in touchdowns if only we had a competent QB to get him the ball
    • Keep the offense off the field as much as possible, because they're terrible (everyone knows, of course, that being ranked third in scoring is just meaningless)
    • Put the defense on the field more often because everyone knows that yards-given-up is also a completely meaningless stat, and this defense can match the 86 Bears in the redzone where they spend most of their time
    • Fire O'Brien because he hasn't done all of the above.
    Did I get it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Brady was not trying to show anybody up. You have no clue about Brady. He was frustrated with the crap he has had at WR for 2 years and was trying to edjucate this scrub on the fly. If he wanted to show him up he would have dressed him down on the field. He felt the kid made no effort to break up the errant throw. He was right.

That's a pathetic response.  Brady in front of his teammates told the receiver that he needed to "go get the ball".  You can't read everything brady said, but you could read that.  You could also read brady telling the OC that "he was open".    I'm not buying either. 

Further, I'll accept that I don't know brady.  I don't think you know him either, or do you and that's why you defend even the indefensible. 

As for "crap receivers" Brady's got more receiving weapons than 90% of the teams in the NFL.  He's the best slot receiver, a very high quality wide out, top 3 tight end, and an as yet untapped Hernandez that could change the way his position (whatever it is) is played. 

Crying about crap receivers is the height of blindness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : What a load of hooey. If OB didn't make a federal case out of it Brady's little talk with Underwood would have been no big deal whatsoever.

Go back and watch again.  Brady was the one who escalated the deal.  Maybe you think Brady should be responsible to anyone but Belichick, but the OC is a coach, and he called bs (I assume-his back was turned to the camera) to Brady's go get the ball comment, and Brady freaked out.

At that point the coach was required to stand his ground rather being shown up by the prima donna star. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : It's neither.  Yet everyone assumes they would make the FG if they played for the FG. The Clots did that against SD in 2008 or 2009 and Vinatieri missed a chip shot that would have won the game. To dismiss that fact is stupid.

LMAO....your response is exactly why people on this board make fun of you. Your answer is "neither" in terms of the probability of Ghost making or missing a chipshot. Here's a clue, the closer you get - the more likely a pro NFL will make the FG. Is it guaranteed? Of course not.

Now STFFU

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

You're missing the one MOST IMPORTANT aspect of this play.....

BRADY NEVER SHOULD HAVE THROWN THE BALL TO UNDERWOOD!!!!!

Underwood was behind the defender, but had nowhere to go or he would have been out of bounds on the back of the end zone. Brady couldn't throw the ball over the defender, and should have known/seen that. Thus, the thrown ball was clearly up for grabs. He was NOT clearly open for a risky pass.  Brady never should have thrown the ball to Underwood in that situation. If that was his only receiver, and other accounts say otherwise, the ball should have gone into the front row of end zone seats. Or, he could have just fallen dow. Either way, a FG woudl have created the two score effect, and we all wouldn't have had our hearts in our throats watching the defense getting shoved up the field AGAIN by this game's edition of Joe Anonymous And His Band Of Unknowns. The INT that iced it? Let's analyze that play and you'll see that the receiver failed to catch an easy pass; 1000% easier than the toss to Underwood. Great Patriot defense, lousy effort by the receiver (looked to have "shoveled" the pass to the Patriots), or just a whole lot of luck on teh Patriots behalf? (My vote goes to option 3: LUCK.)