Analyzing the interception.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception.

AZ - there are those that will never get your point.  They are too blinded by the fact that Brady's one of the best in the game.  They automatically assume Brady can do no wrong regardless of the video evidence to the contrary

the fact that Brady threw the ball doesn't diminish his greatness in the least, but his greatness doesn't absolve him from the seriousness of the mistake for which he was initially unwilling to take responsibility as indicated by the comments that could be deciphered from the video. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Babe,
    You have way too much time on your hands.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What is the obsession with one stupid interception in a game they won? This was not Brady's first interception and it won't be his last.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception.:
    In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : That makes a lot of sense. Most head coaches in the league would be trying to figure out how to use their Hall of Fame QB less and get their bevy of mediocre running backs the ball more. You running game guys are way ahead of the curve.
    Posted by BabeParilli

The QB touches the ball on every snap genius.  It would be hard to label runningbacks like Ridely and Vareen mediocre considering they never get used and when they have been, they've been very successful but then I'm arguing with a troll from another team posing as a Pats fan so now I have to wonder who is the bigger fool?  If you really were a Pat's fan you would remember that we ran our way to three championships in the not too distant past, but then you're a Jets fan after all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Analyzing the interception.":
    In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : The QB touches the ball on every snap genius.  It would be hard to label runningbacks like Ridely and Vareen mediocre considering they never get used and when they have been, they've been very successful but then I'm arguing with a troll from another team posing as a Pats fan so now I have to wonder who is the bigger fool?  If you really were a Pat's fan you would remember that we ran our way to three championships in the not too distant past, but then you're a Jets fan after all. Posted by wozzy
    You really think the Pats ran their way to 3 championships? That wasnt the team i saw. I'll buy one- 2004. 2003 Pats were one of the worst running teams in NFL history to win a SB, 2001 was mediocre. I'd be happy if they could do it but I just don't see a Corey Dillon on this roster, or even a Antwoin Smith. Maybe the younger guys become that, maybe not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Analyzing the interception.": You really think the Pats ran their way to 3 championships? That wasnt the team i saw. I'll buy one- 2004. 2003 Pats were one of the worst running teams in NFL history to win a SB, 2001 was mediocre. I'd be happy if they could do it but I just don't see a Corey Dillon on this roster, or even a Antwoin Smith. Maybe the younger guys become that, maybe not.
    Posted by shenanigan

To use the run game effectively, you don't have to get 5 ypc. You just need the other team to commit defenders to stop it.. but I know you know this Shen. We won the championships by playing complimentary football. All 3 phases work in unison. bend don't break defense, solid ST, and an unpredictable offense where we could run or pass out of any set. I only see one thing different the past few years. We have had a defense that is top 10 in the league in ppg allowed every year, our ST is adequate, but our offense is the most predictable in the league.

It is a difficult premise to understand, but this game has to be about more then chucking the ball up there 45 x and scoring a bunch of points. It is about T.O.P. field position, and physical dominance at the L.O.S. We cannot dominate at the L.O.S when we are pass protecting all game. We cannot run an efficient offense when every team knows what we will do all game. It doesn't work against good defense's, no wait...It has not worked against good defense's. It has not worked against playoff defense's....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

AZ - there are those that will never get your point.  They are too blinded by the fact that Brady's one of the best in the game.  They automatically assume Brady can do no wrong regardless of the video evidence to the contrary the fact that Brady threw the ball doesn't diminish his greatness in the least, but his greatness doesn't absolve him from the seriousness of the mistake for which he was initially unwilling to take responsibility as indicated by the comments that could be deciphered from the video. 
    Posted by UD6

I call the defense of Brady thowing the ball to Underwood and him NOT catching it (ie: fighting for it), as the "Dan Rather Effect".... It may not have been the right thing to do (throw the ball to Underwood), but I wanted it to be a good catch.

Sometimes smart players do dumb things, having been caught up in themselves and their abilities. There's nothing wrong with an All Pro, future HOF QBb making a stupid/boneheaded play. That play is NOT a career defining moment. My problem is when folks absolve Brady of teh throw and heap the blame on a rookie who had absolutely no where to run, once he was behind the defender.

Brady should have known better. It wasn't his first rodeo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : To use the run game effectively, you don't have to get 5 ypc. You just need the other team to commit defenders to stop it.. We cannot run an efficient offense when every team knows what we will do all game. It doesn't work against good defense's, no wait...It has not worked against good defense's. It has not worked against playoff defense's....
    Posted by TrueChamp

Bingo... I never said we were the best running team, just that we ran it at about a 50/50 clip. When we had Corey Dillon we were a "good" running team, Antoine Smith an "average" running team but we ran it. 

Smith's final season in NE either BB or Weis decided to keep their only bruising back healthy by using Faulk as the every down back for the 2nd half of the season, Smith only averged 3 yards a carry, but when the playoffs came Smith carried us to a Super Bowl ring with a heavy dose of power running. This isn't an opinion, look it up...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. :  maybe insubordinate isn't the right word. If Brady, has the "right" to have a heated discussion w/ Underwood, isn't it okay for a Coach have the "right" to have a heated discussion with Brady?
    Posted by anonymis

A. Brady wasn't "heated" with Underwood.

B. O'Brien being physically reatrained passes the heated category and goes into meltdown land.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Bingo... I never said we were the best running team, just that we ran it at about a 50/50 clip. When we had Corey Dillon we were a "good" running team, Antoine Smith an "average" running team but we ran it.  Smith's final season in NE either BB or Weis decided to keep their only bruising back healthy by using Faulk as the every down back for the 2nd half of the season, Smith only averged 3 yards a carry, but when the playoffs came Smith carried us to a Super Bowl ring with a heavy dose of power running. This isn't an opinion, look it up...
    Posted by wozzy

That's what we get in the highlight, fantasy football, and Madden era

People don't understand what any semblance of a running game means anymore. In their minds unless the back puts up big fantasy numbers, has ESPN showing a clip of week of a break out running, or averages over 5+ypc then they aren't helping the team and any fashion.

It's sad to think what some smart football fans have turned into 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : He never said that he was right either. The fact is, you don't know Brady either - and you have zero idea (nor do the rest of us) what happened behind closed doors.  All you've done is speculate the same as everyone else who has an opinion.
    Posted by anonymis

My saying Brady did not say he was wrong for dressing down Underwood is not an opinion. It is a fact in light of all information available.

Since we don't know any more about what else may have been said it is entirely moot to even consider that possibility.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : didn't brady make a "federal case" out of the INT with Underwood?
    Posted by anonymis

No. What is your problem? Is it difficult for you to comprehend that when someone has to be restrained by several persons because they are so out of control that that is different than sitting down abd simply telling somebody something?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : but, if underwood isn't open, why throw the ball?
    Posted by anonymis

Nobody is saying he should have thrown the ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : been sayin it for years. Most refuse to believe this....I shudder every time I think of that.
    Posted by anonymis

Take that up with the GM. It certainly has nothing to do with Brady.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : That's a pathetic response.  Brady in front of his teammates told the receiver that he needed to "go get the ball".  You can't read everything brady said, but you could read that.  You could also read brady telling the OC that "he was open".    I'm not buying either.  Further, I'll accept that I don't know brady.  I don't think you know him either, or do you and that's why you defend even the indefensible.  As for "crap receivers" Brady's got more receiving weapons than 90% of the teams in the NFL.  He's the best slot receiver, a very high quality wide out, top 3 tight end, and an as yet untapped Hernandez that could change the way his position (whatever it is) is played.  Crying about crap receivers is the height of blindness.
    Posted by UD6

Your pathetic attempts to get a slam in on Brady to support your depraved Fetushead agenda are paper thin. And some idiotic Patriots' fans are all too glad to help you.

Sorry  but your lip reading skills won't hold up in a court of law. Especially this one.

I would dare say I have seen Brady play and read more about him a hundred times over more than you. So I do know him better. I suspect you can say the same about your Fetushead.

We don't have to cry about anything dikwad. Brady is having one of the best seasons a QB has ever had and is going to be the vaunted 1st team all pro you so desperately cling to in your defense of a fading Fetushead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Go back and watch again.  Brady was the one who escalated the deal.  Maybe you think Brady should be responsible to anyone but Belichick, but the OC is a coach, and he called bs (I assume-his back was turned to the camera) to Brady's go get the ball comment, and Brady freaked out. At that point the coach was required to stand his ground rather being shown up by the prima donna star. 
    Posted by UD6

No dum bass. O'Brien escalated the deal by butting in to what Brady was saying to Underwood.

If O'Brien was so in the right why did Hoyer get up and other staff intervene to  physically remove him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : you have got to be the stupidest poster on the board bar none.  Is it more or less likely that Ghost makes a chip shot? just because you use a larger font doesn't make things true. All it does is make you look like an insecure person trying to get attention.
    Posted by anonymis

I think you have him beat in the stupid department.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Looks like a hot topic....

Plenty of blame for this play but we won this game....  Moving on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Go back and watch again.  Brady was the one who escalated the deal.  Maybe you think Brady should be responsible to anyone but Belichick, but the OC is a coach, and he called bs (I assume-his back was turned to the camera) to Brady's go get the ball comment, and Brady freaked out. At that point the coach was required to stand his ground rather being shown up by the prima donna star. 
    Posted by UD6

O'Brien is NOTHING. He is an overpromoted OC of some crap college programs. Brady doesn't have to put up with his shyt when he wants to talk to his receiver about a play. Get a clue Dolts' fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Yup, this thread has become...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're missing the one MOST IMPORTANT aspect of this play..... BRADY NEVER SHOULD HAVE THROWN THE BALL TO UNDERWOOD!!!!! Underwood was behind the defender, but had nowhere to go or he would have been out of bounds on the back of the end zone. Brady couldn't throw the ball over the defender, and should have known/seen that. Thus, the thrown ball was clearly up for grabs. He was NOT clearly open for a risky pass.  Brady never should have thrown the ball to Underwood in that situation. If that was his only receiver, and other accounts say otherwise, the ball should have gone into the front row of end zone seats. Or, he could have just fallen dow. Either way, a FG woudl have created the two score effect, and we all wouldn't have had our hearts in our throats watching the defense getting shoved up the field AGAIN by this game's edition of Joe Anonymous And His Band Of Unknowns. The INT that iced it? Let's analyze that play and you'll see that the receiver failed to catch an easy pass; 1000% easier than the toss to Underwood. Great Patriot defense, lousy effort by the receiver (looked to have "shoveled" the pass to the Patriots), or just a whole lot of luck on teh Patriots behalf? (My vote goes to option 3: LUCK.)
    Posted by AZPAT

You're missing the one MOST IMPORTANT aspect of this discussion.....

NOBODY IS SAYING HE SHOULD HAVE!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Looks like a hot topic.... Plenty of blame for this play but we won this game....  Moving on.
    Posted by Dessalines

I wish you safe travels.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

my lip reading skills?  An 8 year old could have made out the two things I pointed out.  It doesn't really matter how much you've seen him play or read about him.  His words were his words.  

And none of this has anything to do with Manning.  

And way to be civil.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Okay if I'm reading our resident football geniuses correctly (and I haven't read all 145 posts) we should: Bench that spoiled-brat, interception-throwing, stat-padding QB we've got Feature BJGE on offense to avoid that mistake-filled, shotgun-loving passing game that just produces turnovers (BJGE never fumbles after all, and consistently getting more than 2 yards a play is vastly over-rated) Give Underwood more chances because he runs great routes in the endzone that would result in touchdowns if only we had a competent QB to get him the ball Keep the offense off the field as much as possible, because they're terrible (everyone knows, of course, that being ranked third in scoring is just meaningless) Put the defense on the field more often because everyone knows that yards-given-up is also a completely meaningless stat, and this defense can match the 86 Bears in the redzone where they spend most of their time Fire O'Brien because he hasn't done all of the above. Did I get it?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

I think you have correctly surmised the analysis of our resident geniuses rather well here.

Sections
Shortcuts