Analyzing the interception.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception.

Babe,
    You have way too much time on your hands.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What is the obsession with one stupid interception in a game they won? This was not Brady's first interception and it won't be his last.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception.:
    In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : That makes a lot of sense. Most head coaches in the league would be trying to figure out how to use their Hall of Fame QB less and get their bevy of mediocre running backs the ball more. You running game guys are way ahead of the curve.
    Posted by BabeParilli

The QB touches the ball on every snap genius.  It would be hard to label runningbacks like Ridely and Vareen mediocre considering they never get used and when they have been, they've been very successful but then I'm arguing with a troll from another team posing as a Pats fan so now I have to wonder who is the bigger fool?  If you really were a Pat's fan you would remember that we ran our way to three championships in the not too distant past, but then you're a Jets fan after all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Analyzing the interception.":
    In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : The QB touches the ball on every snap genius.  It would be hard to label runningbacks like Ridely and Vareen mediocre considering they never get used and when they have been, they've been very successful but then I'm arguing with a troll from another team posing as a Pats fan so now I have to wonder who is the bigger fool?  If you really were a Pat's fan you would remember that we ran our way to three championships in the not too distant past, but then you're a Jets fan after all. Posted by wozzy
    You really think the Pats ran their way to 3 championships? That wasnt the team i saw. I'll buy one- 2004. 2003 Pats were one of the worst running teams in NFL history to win a SB, 2001 was mediocre. I'd be happy if they could do it but I just don't see a Corey Dillon on this roster, or even a Antwoin Smith. Maybe the younger guys become that, maybe not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Analyzing the interception.": You really think the Pats ran their way to 3 championships? That wasnt the team i saw. I'll buy one- 2004. 2003 Pats were one of the worst running teams in NFL history to win a SB, 2001 was mediocre. I'd be happy if they could do it but I just don't see a Corey Dillon on this roster, or even a Antwoin Smith. Maybe the younger guys become that, maybe not.
    Posted by shenanigan

To use the run game effectively, you don't have to get 5 ypc. You just need the other team to commit defenders to stop it.. but I know you know this Shen. We won the championships by playing complimentary football. All 3 phases work in unison. bend don't break defense, solid ST, and an unpredictable offense where we could run or pass out of any set. I only see one thing different the past few years. We have had a defense that is top 10 in the league in ppg allowed every year, our ST is adequate, but our offense is the most predictable in the league.

It is a difficult premise to understand, but this game has to be about more then chucking the ball up there 45 x and scoring a bunch of points. It is about T.O.P. field position, and physical dominance at the L.O.S. We cannot dominate at the L.O.S when we are pass protecting all game. We cannot run an efficient offense when every team knows what we will do all game. It doesn't work against good defense's, no wait...It has not worked against good defense's. It has not worked against playoff defense's....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : To use the run game effectively, you don't have to get 5 ypc. You just need the other team to commit defenders to stop it.. We cannot run an efficient offense when every team knows what we will do all game. It doesn't work against good defense's, no wait...It has not worked against good defense's. It has not worked against playoff defense's....
    Posted by TrueChamp

Bingo... I never said we were the best running team, just that we ran it at about a 50/50 clip. When we had Corey Dillon we were a "good" running team, Antoine Smith an "average" running team but we ran it. 

Smith's final season in NE either BB or Weis decided to keep their only bruising back healthy by using Faulk as the every down back for the 2nd half of the season, Smith only averged 3 yards a carry, but when the playoffs came Smith carried us to a Super Bowl ring with a heavy dose of power running. This isn't an opinion, look it up...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Bingo... I never said we were the best running team, just that we ran it at about a 50/50 clip. When we had Corey Dillon we were a "good" running team, Antoine Smith an "average" running team but we ran it.  Smith's final season in NE either BB or Weis decided to keep their only bruising back healthy by using Faulk as the every down back for the 2nd half of the season, Smith only averged 3 yards a carry, but when the playoffs came Smith carried us to a Super Bowl ring with a heavy dose of power running. This isn't an opinion, look it up...
    Posted by wozzy

That's what we get in the highlight, fantasy football, and Madden era

People don't understand what any semblance of a running game means anymore. In their minds unless the back puts up big fantasy numbers, has ESPN showing a clip of week of a break out running, or averages over 5+ypc then they aren't helping the team and any fashion.

It's sad to think what some smart football fans have turned into 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Looks like a hot topic....

Plenty of blame for this play but we won this game....  Moving on.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Yup, this thread has become...

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts