Analyzing the interception.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Analyzing the interception.

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception.:
    In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : No dum bass. O'Brien escalated the deal by butting in to what Brady was saying to Underwood. If O'Brien was so in the right why did Hoyer get up and other staff intervene to  physically remove him?
    Posted by BabeParilli

Wow.  Obrien's the OC, what do you mean he "butted in"?  The offense is his job, and Brady is a part of that.  Apparently you see it the differently.  Brady escalated it by being the first to "tantrum". 

I respect O'brien for not backing down.  That's the worst thing a coach can do with an unruly player, regardless of their status.  O'brien could be fired, because Brady is Kraft's guy, but he's better off by standing his ground for the purposes of future employment than walking away meakly because Tommy Boy didn't have the manhood to admit his mistake. 

For all we know based on Tommy's reaction, Kraft may have grabbed him by the ear after the game and told him he was going to admit his mistake in the media session.

Regardless, I think you need some coffee to wake your as$ up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : O'Brien is NOTHING. He is an overpromoted OC of some crap college programs. Brady doesn't have to put up with his shyt when he wants to talk to his receiver about a play. Get a clue Dolts' fan.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Tom answers only to the man in the owners box.  Wonder what Belichick thinks of that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

my lip reading skills?  An 8 year old could have made out the two things I pointed out.  It doesn't really matter how much you've seen him play or read about him.  His words were his words.   And none of this has anything to do with Manning.   And way to be civil.
    Posted by UD6

Of course, for you, it has everything to do with Manning.

You're not going to get "civil" Doggie because your agenda is to bash Brady so you can thereby pump up your azzclown sexual assaulting hero Fetushead.

Your phony motives are paper thin.

I give you much more respect here than most generally, but not when you pile on the greatest player in Patriots' history along with a bunch of clueless Pats' fans that haven't got the sense to appreciate the best thing that ever happened to their team.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Of course, for you, it has everything to do with Manning. You're not going to get "civil" Doggie because your agenda is to bash Brady so you can thereby pump up your azzclown sexual assaulting hero Fetushead. Your phony motives are paper thin. I give you much more respect here than most generally, but not when you pile on the greatest player in Patriots' history along with a bunch of clueless Pats' fans that haven't got the sense to appreciate the best thing that ever happened to their team.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Wrong again.  I happen to think Brady's great.  have said it many times before and even did so on this very thread.  Also said his bad int doesn't diminish his greatness.  I am only continuing to comment on it because there are those here, like you, who don't think Brady did anything wrong and are choosing to be blind to his obvious effort to direct the blame at others and not himself. 

Its your choice not to read his lips, but that's on you.  Not me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Tom answers only to the man in the owners box.  Wonder what Belichick thinks of that. 
    Posted by UD6

Brady answers to BB. He probably doesn't answer to BB's flunky overpromoted unqualified coaches since he knows 100 times more about the game than them.

But, let's talk about Manning assaulting that poor female trainer instead. You know, when he rubbed his balls and anal areas in her face against her will?

Maybe you could start a thread about it. That would be fun.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Wrong again.  I happen to think Brady's great.  have said it many times before and even did so on this very thread.  Also said his bad int doesn't diminish his greatness.  I am only continuing to comment on it because there are those here, like you, who don't think Brady did anything wrong and are choosing to be blind to his obvious effort to direct the blame at others and not himself.  Its your choice not to read his lips, but that's on you.  Not me.
    Posted by UD6

What the hell is wrong with you? People have repeatedly said Brady was wrong to throw the pass. Is reading a challenge for you?

BTW, bad pass as it may have been, your boy Fetushead has thrown 84 more of those than Tommy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : But that went away beause he bought her off. LOL
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Bought her off, TWICE! LMFAO.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Brady answers to BB. He probably doesn't answer to BB's flunky overpromoted unqualified coaches since he knows 100 times more about the game than them. But, let's talk about Manning assaulting that poor female trainer instead. You know, when he rubbed his balls and anal areas in her face against her will? Maybe you could start a thread about it. That would be fun.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Nice deflection. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Amazing the life this dead horse still has!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : What the hell is wrong with you? People have repeatedly said Brady was wrong to throw the pass. Is reading a challenge for you? BTW, bad pass as it may have been, your boy Fetushead has thrown 84 more of those than Tommy.
    Posted by BabeParilli

more deflection.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Bingo... I never said we were the best running team, just that we ran it at about a 50/50 clip. When we had Corey Dillon we were a "good" running team, Antoine Smith an "average" running team but we ran it.  Smith's final season in NE either BB or Weis decided to keep their only bruising back healthy by using Faulk as the every down back for the 2nd half of the season, Smith only averged 3 yards a carry, but when the playoffs came Smith carried us to a Super Bowl ring with a heavy dose of power running. This isn't an opinion, look it up...
    Posted by wozzy

That didn't happen.  Even in the playoffs the Pats passed more than ran and Antoine Smith was the same back as in the regular season.  The Pats were not a good running team therefore they ran the ball less.  Here's their playoff games

2001 OAK 63% pass
    2001 PITT 61% pass
    2001 STL 51% pass

2003 TN  60% pass
    2003 IND 54% pass
    2003 CAR 58% pass

2004 IND 41% pass
    2004 PITT 40% pass
    2004 PHI 54% pass

So, the Pats passed more until they got Corey Dillon.  In fact, in the postseason they became a more pass heavy team than they were in the regular season in 01 and 03. 

These numbers reflect what I saw, I had to look it up but I watched the games the Pats were not great runnng teams in 01 and 03, and they didn't run as much because of that.  I don't know how this mythical running team memory gets perpetuated, I didnt see it and the numbers don't support it.  It didn't happen, they are now what they were then, a team that plays to their strengths.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : That didn't happen.  Even in the playoffs the Pats passed more than ran and Antoine Smith was the same back as in the regular season.  The Pats were not a good running team therefore they ran the ball less.  Here's their playoff games 2001 OAK 63% pass 2001 PITT 61% pass 2001 STL 51% pass 2003 TN  60% pass 2003 IND 54% pass 2003 CAR 58% pass 2004 IND 41% pass 2004 PITT 40% pass 2004 PHI 54% pass So, the Pats passed more until they got Corey Dillon.  In fact, in the postseason they became a more pass heavy team than they were in the regular season in 01 and 03.  These numbers reflect what I saw, I had to look it up but I watched the games the Pats were not great runnng teams in 01 and 03, and they didn't run as much because of that.  I don't know how this mythical running team memory gets perpetuated, I didnt see it and the numbers don't support it.  It didn't happen, they are now what they were then, a team that plays to their strengths.
    Posted by shenanigan

It gets perpetuated because people keep repeating it, and it ascends into a realm of myth, like you say. 

But you are wasting your time Shenanigan ... I've posted those figures on several occaisons. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Bedard on the pick, for those who are interested.

Pretty much confirms what most people are saying, and the sad fact that NE can't find a third WR to go with Wes and Branch. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : That's what we get in the highlight, fantasy football, and Madden era People don't understand what any semblance of a running game means anymore. In their minds unless the back puts up big fantasy numbers, has ESPN showing a clip of week of a break out running, or averages over 5+ypc then they aren't helping the team and any fashion. It's sad to think what some smart football fans have turned into 
    Posted by PatsEng

No, this is just some baloney you made up to dismiss everyone who disagrees with you.  After all, if the whole world disagrees than you couldn't possibly be wrong, it must just be that there is something wrong with everybody. 

If a RB isn't producing than you don't run him more.  Winning games is not so simple as just running 50% of the time.  If all you had to do to win the SB or get to the playoffs was run the ball half the time everybody would do it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I hope everyone including the Brady hater's had a chance to view Bedard's breakdown of the play.  Plane and simple, TKD ran a bad route.  It was a perfect pass if the idiot knew how to play WR and cut straight across.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : No, this is just some baloney you made up to dismiss everyone who disagrees with you.  After all, if the whole world disagrees than you couldn't possibly be wrong, it must just be that there is something wrong with everybody.  If a RB isn't producing than you don't run him more.  Winning games is not so simple as just running 50% of the time.  If all you had to do to win the SB or get to the playoffs was run the ball half the time everybody would do it.
    Posted by shenanigan

Did I ever say run it 50% of the time? I've said repeatedly run balance doesn't mean 50% of the time it can even be 3:2 run to pass and it can still be effective even if they only average 3ypc. What doesn't help is a 2:1 pass to run ratio which tends to happen in most of our loses. Actually to closer to 50% run to pass the higher the win % of the Pats. Matter a fact Brady's only lost once in his career when the Pats have run />50% of the time. That's doesn't mean you have to run it 50% of the time but you do perform better when you mix in the run and disguise it in a balanced O. On the flip side you don't need a back to get 5+ypc average even a back that gets 3ypc can be affective. Z has numbers that point that out. But, for the majority of posters who fight against balance point to BJGE's ypc average as a sign of ineffective running which simply isn't true. BJGE is a very effective runner in the Pats system when given 15+ carries a game yet he is dismissed instantly because people point out his ypc and lack of homerun threat capability. What else would you say about those people?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/ Bedard on the pick, for those who are interested. Pretty much confirms what most people are saying, and the sad fact that NE can't find a third WR to go with Wes and Branch. 
    Posted by zbellino

Great find. Thanks for posting it. Brady DOES NOT chew out a receiver because he is some kind of prima donna. If he is saying something it is because that information needs to be distributed for the good of the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Analyzing the interception. : Did I ever say run it 50% of the time? I've said repeatedly run balance doesn't mean 50% of the time it can even be 3:2 run to pass and it can still be effective even if they only average 3ypc. What doesn't help is a 2:1 pass to run ratio which tends to happen in most of our loses. Actually to closer to 50% run to pass the higher the win % of the Pats. Matter a fact Brady's only lost once in his career when the Pats have run />50% of the time. That's doesn't mean you have to run it 50% of the time but you do perform better when you mix in the run and disguise it in a balanced O. On the flip side you don't need a back to get 5+ypc average even a back that gets 3ypc can be affective. Z has numbers that point that out. But, for the majority of posters who fight against balance point to BJGE's ypc average as a sign of ineffective running which simply isn't true. BJGE is a very effective runner in the Pats system when given 15+ carries a game yet he is dismissed instantly because people point out his ypc and lack of homerun threat capability. What else would you say about those people?
    Posted by PatsEng

I would say that reasonable people, even intelligent people can disagree on the best way to win a football game. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts