Anatomy of a Choke.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Re: Anatomy of a Choke.

I'm a real fan, and I know you are too. You seem like a reasonable person from your posts, but I think it's pure revisionist history to say 14-2 was luck. They beat every remaining team in the playoffs. They lost to a team they beat by 42 pts a month earlier. They steamrolled Pitt, Chicago, and beat the packers with the officials.  Every team is flawed (see mark sanchez, pitts oline), but I would say the pats were less flawed than the other teams this year. what transpired was a terrible lack of execution, poor performance from their best player (I'm sorry, Brady was awful), and a bad game-plan. In short, it absolutely was a choke job. the pats played an awful game. It wasn't about talent. It was execution. Was the jets int based on lack of talent? Or the drop by Crump? No. 

Don't tell me about a rebuilding year. The patriots mission statement is to be competitive every year, and they were set up better than any other run this year. There's a chance 14-2 won't be possible next year bc the NFL is such a physical sport (see 2008 with Brady). It was absolutely terrible to lose last week given how well they were set up, and anyone claiming otherwise is either an idiot or is too afraid to criticize a great coach or QB for not performing when it matters most (which is what the championship teams did).

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke.:
    [QUOTE]Choke is a term used by people who don't really understand the game and therefore can't figure out what really happened.  What really happened (mostly) is that Ryan figured out how to shut down our short passing attack, which is really the only strong point of our offense.  This is (as we thought at the beginning of the season) still a rebuilding year for us.  The team is getting good, but it's not great yet. What happened is the team over-performed and some bandwagon fans began to think the team was better than what it really was. Only those fans who had inflated expectations would see this season as a failure.  Fans who understand the game know it was a great accomplishment even to get to the playoffs with this team--never mind go 14 and 2 and get a first round bye.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]

Now I understand Rondo is a celtics board regular so hence the fairweather comments, and the tone of the thread suggests he is not a fan, but I tell you what. I am a die hard fan, but I call it like a i see it.  I dont think Rondo told a lie.  Our team choked.  If this were the Colts, we would have been giving underoos an ear ful, and thats why he is here gloating, cuz he can put Brady in the same convo as his choker QB manning.. Yo know misery loves company...but for yu guys to sit here and be deluisional....no wonders trolls make their home here, you guys give them ammo, by blabbing all week about being the better team,. having the better qb, coach, etc, but after that stinker you make up stuff like the Jets really had the better team, or great game plan...no it was a shytty gameplan by our coaching staff that lost the game...BIllicheck outsmarting himself...why else would Crumpler get 2 balls thrown to him in the endzone after having one all year, but the guy with 10 TD's doesnt get a redzone look??   yeah, ponder that...  Lets man up,and be real, We choked!, we stunk up the joint...we were frontrunners...Yes.. WE were!

Posted by JayShizzle45

[/QUOTE]

-

Way to Man-up, JayShizzle45, and fess-up that the Pats choked and that some posters are delusional.  I'll ignore the stupid comments you made about me since I know that the MO of most losers here it to revert to name-calling and personal attacks and you are probably not that different from the pack.

JayShizzle45

Now I understand Rondo is a celtics board regular so hence the fairweather comments, and the tone of the thread suggests he is not a fan, but I tell you what. I am a die hard fan, but I call it like a i see it.  I dont think Rondo told a lie.  Our team choked. 

It's Rondowski, Sir.  And thank you.  They (the Pats) did choke, thanks for acknowledging it. 

I am a fan, just not a fascist or Nazi Kool-Aid drinking fan who may be a danger to society by the looks of how they carry on on this public forum. 

You're reading of my tone was incorrect.  I love the Pats, I just can'
    t stand these out-of-state, out of New England, so-called "True & Real" Fans who haunt and spoil this board with their vitriolic name-calling and personal attacks on any one who is not just like them.

If this were the Colts, we would have been giving underoos an ear ful, and thats why he is here gloating, cuz he can put Brady in the same convo as his choker QB manning.. Yo know misery loves company...but for yu guys to sit here and be deluisional....no wonders trolls make their home here, you guys give them ammo, by blabbing all week about being the better team,. having the better qb, coach, etc, but after that stinker you make up stuff like the Jets really had the better team, or great game plan...

Very apt point, Sir.  Why is this so difficult for the dunderheads of this board to grasp:  it's so obvious?

no it was a shytty gameplan by our coaching staff that lost the game...BIllicheck outsmarting himself...why else would Crumpler get 2 balls thrown to him in the endzone after having one all year, but the guy with 10 TD's doesnt get a redzone look?? 

I agree.  With an extra week to prepare, Bellichick could still not get his team ready for the Jets, and that makes him the biggest choker of them all, by definition.  And to make it worse, he made blunder after blunder during the game when the pressure was the greatest.

yeah, ponder that...  Lets man up,and be real, We choked!, we stunk up the joint...we were frontrunners...Yes.. WE were!

JayShizzle45

Well said, my man, well said.  Don't wait for them to line up, though.

But you could use some work on your spelling and on constructing concise paragraphs as your content is rather good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

^, another realistic Post.  Thank for keepin it real RockDog, you are right...I remember the days when we would get a bye, you could just about make reservations to the big one....now we are one and done....I dont know what the h ell they were doing during the bye week, but I guess they didnt practice against a zone defense....which is very upsetting and on the coaching staff for having 2 weeks and only preparing for on scenario....the mere fact that they worked on an onside kick, tells me the coaches were timid in their gameplanning and were doing too much of that,  Well, since they did this, they will think we are doing this, so instead of doing that, lets do this and see if we can fool them...This is why the Steelers have been succesfull, everyone knows about their zone defense, but they stick to it and play it well and trust it will prevail...to contrast, when the Steelers were down, lebeau said, "these guys scored on a turnover, and from the 4, if we stop that flukey shyt, they wont score"..and it worked!....just like when Phil Jackons team struggle, he doesnt change, he just reminds them. "run the triangle"  its a proven system...and what B.B. did is mess with a proven system that had knocked out the previous 8 teams to the same harmonic rythm, and the Pats were off-beat Sunday!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Why is it so hard for people to admit a choke? Now the pats lack talent and were lucky to be 14-2? A week ago they were the most complete team in the playoffs and destined for another title. People were saying this team was better and more complete than the 2007 team. I'm sure I could find posts by each and every one of the people now claiming it was a great year to win 14 games that indicated this team was unstoppable.

They simply crapped their pants in every sense. Bad game plan, and a bad performance from the guy who steers the ship. That's all it takes to be out. 

[QUOTE]Now I understand Rondo is a celtics board regular so hence the fairweather comments, and the tone of the thread suggests he is not a fan, but I tell you what. I am a die hard fan, but I call it like a i see it.  I dont think Rondo told a lie.  Our team choked.  If this were the Colts, we would have been giving underoos an ear ful, and thats why he is here gloating, cuz he can put Brady in the same convo as his choker QB manning.. Yo know misery loves company...but for yu guys to sit here and be deluisional....no wonders trolls make their home here, you guys give them ammo, by blabbing all week about being the better team,. having the better qb, coach, etc, but after that stinker you make up stuff like the Jets really had the better team, or great game plan...no it was a shytty gameplan by our coaching staff that lost the game...BIllicheck outsmarting himself...why else would Crumpler get 2 balls thrown to him in the endzone after having one all year, but the guy with 10 TD's doesnt get a redzone look??   yeah, ponder that...  Lets man up,and be real, We choked!, we stunk up the joint...we were frontrunners...Yes.. WE were!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Why is every bad loss a choke?  There are other good teams in the NFL.  The Patriots were guaranteed nothing.  If you think your team "choked," you should pick another team to root for, one that you know will never lose. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Niz - there's no need to do anymore.  The standards have been met.  Your specifics don't grant you any freedom from the title.  Its time for you to own it. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

No question...Brady played like Peyton always does in the play-offs, last Sunday. Brady's rep as Mr. Clutch definitely took a hit. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

This team didn't choke, they were simply outplayed. Things happen but life goes on. They did exceed my ecpectations, never expected them to go 14-2, defense is very young and the scary thing is they will only get better. Still need more help on the O and D line. I don't see anything wrong with the running game but BJGE got more production when Mankins returned, Woodhead is a very good compliment, still missed Kevin Faulk. No team is perfect and I feel this team will be in it for years to come.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Translation: Stop picking on Peyton!!! The Patriots are 21-15 in the playoffs. Good for fourth best among teams with at least ten playoff appearances. Indy (and generously including Baltimore Colts games) are 40-40. If the Pats are Chokers, what does that make the Colts?
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]
    Exactly

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a real fan, and I know you are too. You seem like a reasonable person from your posts, but I think it's pure revisionist history to say 14-2 was luck. They beat every remaining team in the playoffs. They lost to a team they beat by 42 pts a month earlier. They steamrolled Pitt, Chicago, and beat the packers with the officials.  Every team is flawed (see mark sanchez, pitts oline), but I would say the pats were less flawed than the other teams this year. what transpired was a terrible lack of execution, poor performance from their best player (I'm sorry, Brady was awful), and a bad game-plan. In short, it absolutely was a choke job. the pats played an awful game. It wasn't about talent. It was execution. Was the jets int based on lack of talent? Or the drop by Crump? No.  Don't tell me about a rebuilding year. The patriots mission statement is to be competitive every year, and they were set up better than any other run this year. There's a chance 14-2 won't be possible next year bc the NFL is such a physical sport (see 2008 with Brady). It was absolutely terrible to lose last week given how well they were set up, and anyone claiming otherwise is either an idiot or is too afraid to criticize a great coach or QB for not performing when it matters most (which is what the championship teams did). In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

-

Rockdog1239000   (in reply to prolate0spheroid) 

I'm a real fan, and I know you are too. You seem like a reasonable person from your posts, but I think it's pure revisionist history to say 14-2 was luck.

Here we go again, with the "Real Fan" business.  LoL. 

Sir, can I ask you a question: "real fan" as opposed to what, an "un-real fan", a "phony fan", or do you mean any fan who does not agree with you, BB, BK and the party line?

And I see no reference anywhere to luck. 

They beat every remaining team in the playoffs. They lost to a team they beat by 42 pts a month earlier. They steamrolled Pitt, Chicago, and beat the packers with the officials.  Every team is flawed (see mark sanchez, pitts oline), but I would say the pats were less flawed than the other teams this year. what transpired was a terrible lack of execution, poor performance from their best player (I'm sorry, Brady was awful), and a bad game-plan. In short, it absolutely was a choke job. the pats played an awful game. It wasn't about talent. It was execution. Was the jets int based on lack of talent? Or the drop by Crump? No. 

I think we were watching the same game, the same team, yes Sir.  All that happened and more, just like you said.

Don't tell me about a rebuilding year. The patriots mission statement is to be competitive every year, and they were set up better than any other run this year.

That's exactly what I've been saying.  I'm glad that there are at least a few fans with the stones to utter the truth on this forum.

There's a chance 14-2 won't be possible next year bc the NFL is such a physical sport (see 2008 with Brady). It was absolutely terrible to lose last week given how well they were set up, and anyone claiming otherwise is either an idiot or is too afraid to criticize a great coach or QB for not performing when it matters most (which is what the championship teams did).

I'm beginning to approach each new season with a mixture of fear and dread coupled with excitement and optimism.  The NFL is soooo competitive that to blow it after setting ourselves up so well . . . . . well, it may be many years before we find ourselves so well situated again.

Rockdog1293000 in response to JayShizzle45

Why is it so hard for people to admit a choke? Now the pats lack talent and were lucky to be 14-2? A week ago they were the most complete team in the playoffs and destined for another title. People were saying this team was better and more complete than the 2007 team. I'm sure I could find posts by each and every one of the people now claiming it was a great year to win 14 games that indicated this team was unstoppable.

Oh, my goodness, what you said. 

Now the Nazi and Fascist Kool-Aiders will be coming after you in force.  Watch out, Sir.

They simply crapped their pants in every sense. Bad game plan, and a bad performance from the guy who steers the ship. That's all it takes to be out. 

Nice doggy.  I couldn't a said it much better myself.  You said it so well I got nothing to add.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

All I know is that the Pats did not play well.  Whose fault was it? The Jets?  The mistakes by Brady in holding the ball too long? Some of the sacks were on him.  Were the receivers covered, and that is why he held on? The O line did not play well.  The D got no rush.  Sanchez did not get touched or dirty.  How could that be?  We saw how bad he is with the slightest pressure. The D giving up the last 2 TD.s and long plays? What happened to all our offensive weapons? How did they stop the run, the pass, the screens, the quick slants, and so on? Was it bad play calling?  Do you call it a choke?  Last 2 years teams came in to our field and kicked the Pats around and out of the playoffs.  Is it mental, in their heads?  Something has gone wrong.  You cannot say this is a rebuilding year after the Pats had the best record this year, beat all the remaining teams in the playoffs recently and then play like crap.  Call it what you want, but they failed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I was mocking the thought that a 'real fan' can't be critical of Brady and BB.

The luck part is ridiculous. They go 14-2 against the toughest schedule ever but people are saying they aren't talented enough now. That doesn't add up in my book. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : - Rockdog1239000   (in reply to prolate0spheroid)  I'm a real fan, and I know you are too. You seem like a reasonable person from your posts, but I think it's pure revisionist history to say 14-2 was luck. Here we go again, with the "Real Fan" business.  LoL.  Sir, can I ask you a question: "real fan" as opposed to what, an "un-real fan", a "phony fan", or do you mean any fan who does not agree with you, BB, BK and the party line?   And I see no reference anywhere to luck.   They beat every remaining team in the playoffs. They lost to a team they beat by 42 pts a month earlier. They steamrolled Pitt, Chicago, and beat the packers with the officials.  Every team is flawed (see mark sanchez, pitts oline), but I would say the pats were less flawed than the other teams this year. what transpired was a terrible lack of execution, poor performance from their best player (I'm sorry, Brady was awful), and a bad game-plan. In short, it absolutely was a choke job. the pats played an awful game. It wasn't about talent. It was execution. Was the jets int based on lack of talent? Or the drop by Crump? No.  I think we were watching the same game, the same team, yes Sir.  All that happened and more, just like you said. Don't tell me about a rebuilding year. The patriots mission statement is to be competitive every year, and they were set up better than any other run this year. That's exactly what I've been saying.  I'm glad that there are at least a few fans with the stones to utter the truth on this forum. There's a chance 14-2 won't be possible next year bc the NFL is such a physical sport (see 2008 with Brady). It was absolutely terrible to lose last week given how well they were set up, and anyone claiming otherwise is either an idiot or is too afraid to criticize a great coach or QB for not performing when it matters most (which is what the championship teams did). I'm beginning to approach each new season with a mixture of fear and dread coupled with excitement and optimism.  The NFL is soooo competitive that to blow it after setting ourselves up so well . . . . . well, it may be many years before we find ourselves so well situated again. Rockdog1293000 in response to JayShizzle45 Why is it so hard for people to admit a choke? Now the pats lack talent and were lucky to be 14-2? A week ago they were the most complete team in the playoffs and destined for another title. People were saying this team was better and more complete than the 2007 team. I'm sure I could find posts by each and every one of the people now claiming it was a great year to win 14 games that indicated this team was unstoppable. Oh, my goodness, what you said.  Now the Nazi and Fascist Kool-Aiders will be coming after you in force.  Watch out, Sir. They simply crapped their pants in every sense. Bad game plan, and a bad performance from the guy who steers the ship. That's all it takes to be out.  Nice doggy.  I couldn't a said it much better myself.  You said it so well I got nothing to add.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : - You must be the poster-child for for what I'm talking about.  Congratulations. This is the quality of your discourse from another thread:  "Gonzo, Crawl back in your hole where you belong, and stay off of Boston.com you MORON." I'd bet you don't even live in New England, like many of these facists who call themselves "Real Fans" on this board and can't tolerate a contrary opinion. You simply mouth the party-line and the same old tired cliches.  Who cares about rebuilding?  About draft picks, in the wake of that big joke of a choke?  Who cares about 14 - 2, when they choke and stink up the playoffs again and again and again?   You play the regular season to get to the playoffs, don't you? Because of BB's coaching and TB's failure of leadership the Pats blew a great chance to go to the Super Bowl after winning the bye and home-field advantage.  Is that what you want fans to be grateful for? Don't tell people how to react.  Think what you want and write what you want, but when you devolve into the usual name calling, like "fair-weather fan" and "fool" you simply reveal yourself to be who you are, yourself, and I'm afraid you are stuck with that.  Sorry. Nuff said. End of story.

Sorry stupid, but yes I've lived out of town for 6 years but I still catch any Pats, Red Sox or Celtics games when ever they are on national tv. I don't rip my teams just because they had one lousy game. I go back sulk for a while and hope they figure out a way to improve. I support my team unlike "fairweather fans" like you who accuse our team of choking. You're the Facist Pig on this site, not I.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Sorry stupid, but yes I've lived out of town for 6 years but I still catch any Pats, Red Sox or Celtics games when ever they are on national tv. I don't rip my teams just because they had one lousy game. I go back sulk for a while and hope they figure out a way to improve. I support my team unlike "fairweather fans" like you who accuse our team of choking. You're the Facist Pig on this site, not I.    
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

This Kool-aid drinker still wants to know who the Pats should replace Belichick with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Hmmm so if you say the pats choked you're not a real fan? I disagree. I would say being critical of a bad performance shouldn't disqualify me from fandom. I mean, I still love the team but I can't be angry Brady played an awful game and BB's game plan didn't even cover a reaction to zone coverage? 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Sorry stupid, but yes I've lived out of town for 6 years but I still catch any Pats, Red Sox or Celtics games when ever they are on national tv. I don't rip my teams just because they had one lousy game. I go back sulk for a while and hope they figure out a way to improve. I support my team unlike "fairweather fans" like you who accuse our team of choking. You're the Facist Pig on this site, not I.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]I was mocking the thought that a 'real fan' can't be critical of Brady and BB. The luck part is ridiculous. They go 14-2 against the toughest schedule ever but people are saying they aren't talented enough now. That doesn't add up in my book.  In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. :

Rockdog,

Of course as a real fan we can be critical of the players and coaches. We as fans reserve that right, but the way some fans react by ripping TB and BB is way overboard. The Pats are probably the most winning team in the NFL in the last decade and yes they've had they're failures, but at 10-6 and 14-2 were suppose to be retooling years the next few years will get better. Were lucky to have a great team like the Pats with a solid foundation of player for the future.

Yes it stinks that they've lost the last three playoff games, but stick with this team lead by BB and TB and we'll see them in the Superbowl again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Why is the general answer to these threads.....Who you gonna get in here besides Billicheck????

The point is, he is the best guy for the job, he is supposed to be the best in history....so yes, its head scratching that this guy comes out with that gameplan...this is the same guy who goes over every situation from purposely performed safeties to win the game, to what do you do if you run out of Db's.,train Troy Brown..... but we are to believe he got outcoached by some fat, foot loving Slob who drops more f bombs then he does knowledge...c'mon y'all, atleast you should have indepentant thinking....all everyone sais...Who should be coach then...You are not a coach!!???    Bill is the best, and since he brought us 3 rings, I wil live and die by his everey word,,.he just had a bad day...!??!  Really, this guy just picked the biggest game of the season to have an off day?   Its not an off day, its called panick under pressure!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm so if you say the pats choked you're not a real fan? I disagree. I would say being critical of a bad performance shouldn't disqualify me from fandom. I mean, I still love the team but I can't be angry Brady played an awful game and BB's game plan didn't even cover a reaction to zone coverage?  In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. :

Rockdog,

I don't like the word choke and don't think the Pats choked, but maybe so. We weren't on the field and the only ones who really know are the players. We can only observe and say what we think.  Maybe they did choke.I'll give you that much. Lets stop calling each other names, we're both Pats fans at heart.

My objections are just I'm tired of seeing post by what I call fairweather fans who think we should dump BB and that TB has lost his heart or desire to win. All one had to do was look at the Pats sideline and witness Brady screaming or staring down his fellow team mates who might have blown a play.

Maybe TB is a bit weary from taking so many hits, or maybe not quite the same after a major knee injury, but he's still beter than 90% of the QBs in the NFL, and the same said for BB.

I'm one that call this a rebuilding year, maybe I'm wrong, but what ever it was it  was great to watch, despite the tragic end, but next year starts soon with a loaded draft. We may not win 14 games next year, but they will be back in the Playoffs vying for another Lombardi Trophy soon. 

Hetchinspete. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

OP, you are a fan,  I think.  You're just a crappy fan.  The kind of fan that posts what you post is pretty much as bad as a jet fan.  You HATE everything patriot, and talk about the team as something that is disgusting to you.  With fans like you, who needs trolls.

No, I don't own guns.  And I type all caps when I'm angry and am yelling at you. 
    Oh, and I have not lived in New England for 10 years.  AND I voted for Obama.  AND I am pro death penalty and Anti abortion.  AND I'm not too wound up about illegal immigration, but tech support from India makes me crazy.  AND I'm glad GM was bailed out.  Anything else you want to know?   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Why is the general answer to these threads.....Who you gonna get in here besides Billicheck???? The point is, he is the best guy for the job, he is supposed to be the best in history....so yes, its head scratching that this guy comes out with that gameplan...this is the same guy who goes over every situation from purposely performed safeties to win the game, to what do you do if you run out of Db's.,train Troy Brown..... but we are to believe he got outcoached by some fat, foot loving Slob who drops more f bombs then he does knowledge...c'mon y'all, atleast you should have indepentant thinking....all everyone sais...Who should be coach then...You are not a coach!!???    Bill is the best, and since he brought us 3 rings, I wil live and die by his everey word,,.he just had a bad day...!??!  Really, this guy just picked the biggest game of the season to have an off day?   Its not an off day, its called panick under pressure!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Well, when someone states that the problem with this team starts at the top, it's a logical assumption to ask if they have an alternative.

Frankly, I don't think the Pats were outcoached as much as they were flat out-played. The Jets made the big plays and the Pats did not.

I still believe the fake punt was a mistake made by the p[layers on the field. half of them seem to be playing the fake and half were not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Absolutely. We're lucky to have TB and BB. They're the reason for the 14-2 record in the first place. All I'm saying is that they didn't do a good job last sunday, and I'm P o'ed about it. They are the best in their field, but I'm disappointed that their worst day happened at the worst time. Like some of the other posters, I'm dumbfounded that they didn't prepare for any and every situation. 

I agree that there are many fairweather fans who want to can BB. Idiots. I know it's tough to distinguish bc the volume of stupid must be unusually high right now. 

in terms of next year, I think this team could go undefeated. They will be stacked. All their rookie and second years players will be better, and, if they draft well, look out. They certainly have the ammo to find some difference makers. I just worry that the regular season success won't match the postseason success. This may sound silly, but at times I wonder if they need the underdog or disrespect moniker to succeed in the playoffs? Whatever happens I'll be there every step of the way. Hopefully the next championship is that much sweeter bc of this year.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Rockdog,   I don't like the word choke and don't think the Pats choked, but maybe so. We weren't on the field and the only ones who really know are the players. We can only observe and say what we think.  Maybe they did choke.I'll give you that much. Lets stop calling each other names, we're both Pats fans at heart. My objections are just I'm tired of seeing post by what I call fairweather fans who think we should dump BB and that TB has lost his heart or desire to win. All one had to do was look at the Pats sideline and witness Brady screaming or staring down his fellow team mates who might have blown a play. Maybe TB is a bit weary from taking so many hits, or maybe not quite the same after a major knee injury, but he's still beter than 90% of the QBs in the NFL, and the same said for BB. I'm one that call this a rebuilding year, maybe I'm wrong, but what ever it was it  was great to watch, despite the tragic end, but next year starts soon with a loaded draft. We may not win 14 games next year, but they will be back in the Playoffs vying for another Lombardi Trophy soon.  Hetchinspete. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

"In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Actually, it isn't the "end of story". If it's true that things "rot from the head down" (which, by the way is biologically incorrect), then what should the Patriots do about it?  Who would rather have leading this football team?"

Posted by niz-58

-

Anyone who wears a wig with a quacking duck and an American flag woven into it and who quotes Oscar Wilde is alright in my book.

niz-58

Actually, it isn't the "end of story".

I only use those lines to mock the name-calling troglodytes, the masters of the pathetic, almost-clever one-liners who often use them to end-punctuate their idiotic rumblings.

If it's true that things "rot from the head down" (which, by the way is biologically incorrect), . . .  

Do you really want to debate how a "Fish" rots?  From the head down, the tail up, the inside out or the outside in?  What's the difference?  It's an old expression.

. . . then what should the Patriots do about it?  Who would rather have leading this football team?

Change.  I would have them change their way of doing business.  You're never too old and it's never too late to change.

"A fish rots from the head down.", is an old expression that I believe aptly applies to the Patriots organization.

For years the Krafts and Belichick have treated players and personal poorly, have refused to pay good players, let them go or traded them and in some cases have actively insulted and disrespected their own people.

The Krafts and Belichick try to win on the cheap and Belichick has some type of a personality disorder trying to control every aspect of a players behavior and shipping them out at the slightest infraction.  Goodbye, Wes Welker.

I don't like that way of doing business, and although it worked to win three Super Bowls, I don't think it will work any longer.  In fact with Tom Brady and some of the other great players we had I think we could have won even more Super Bowls and established a true dynasty if the Krafts had been serious about spending the money on the right players.

Now, with an aging Tom Brady, who seems to have lost his ability to play clutch and win playoff games, and a coach who apparently has begun to believe his own press clippings and has an extreme case of hubris, the window of opportunity is fast closing.

That's why this loss to the Jets (and the way they lost) is so upsetting: after winning the bye, securing home-field advantage, and being odds on favorites to win it all, we choked up and coughed up the biggest game of the season.  We may not find ourselves in such an advantageous position for many years to come.

Something is rotten in Foxboro, and it stinks to high heavens, all the way out to the hinterlands where most of these trogs hail from.

Illissuion is the first of all pleasures.

-Oscar Wilde

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : "In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Actually, it isn't the "end of story". If it's true that things "rot from the head down" (which, by the way is biologically incorrect), then what should the Patriots do about it?  Who would rather have leading this football team?" Posted by niz-58 - Anyone who wears a wig with a quacking duck and an American flag woven into it and who quotes Oscar Wilde is alright in my book. niz-58 Actually, it isn't the "end of story". I only use those lines to mock the name-calling troglodytes, the masters of the pathetic, almost-clever one-liners who often use them to end-punctuate their idiotic rumblings. If it's true that things "rot from the head down" (which, by the way is biologically incorrect), . . .   Do you really want to debate how a "Fish" rots?  From the head down, the tail up, the inside out or the outside in?  What's the difference?  It's an old expression. . . . then what should the Patriots do about it?  Who would rather have leading this football team? Change.  I would have them change their way of doing business.  You're never too old and it's never too late to change. "A fish rots from the head down.", is an old expression that I believe aptly applies to the Patriots organization. For years the Krafts and Belichick have treated players and personal poorly, have refused to pay good players, let them go or traded them and in some cases have actively insulted and disrespected their own people. The Krafts and Belichick try to win on the cheap and Belichick has some type of a personality disorder trying to control every aspect of a players behavior and shipping them out at the slightest infraction.  Goodbye, Wes Welker. I don't like that way of doing business, and although it worked to win three Super Bowls, I don't think it will work any longer.  In fact with Tom Brady and some of the other great players we had I think we could have won even more Super Bowls and established a true dynasty if the Krafts had been serious about spending the money on the right players. Now, with an aging Tom Brady, who seems to have lost his ability to play clutch and win playoff games, and a coach who apparently has begun to believe his own press clippings and has an extreme case of hubris, the window of opportunity is fast closing. That's why this loss to the Jets (and the way they lost) is so upsetting: after winning the bye, securing home-field advantage, and being odds on favorites to win it all, we choked up and coughed up the biggest game of the season.  We may not find ourselves in such an advantageous position for many years to come. Something is rotten in Foxboro, and it stinks to high heavens, all the way out to the hinterlands where most of these trogs hail from. Illissuion is the first of all pleasures.   -Oscar Wilde

It sounds as if the only cure for you is to find another team to root for.  How about the Washington Redskins?  They spend money like crazy, and they don't worry too much about the character of the people they acquire.  Or how about the Jets?  They throw money around and appear to encourage their players to act like a**holes.  It sounds like a winning formula. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Anatomy of a Choke.:
    [QUOTE]What is the definition of "choke" in sports? Here is one definition: "In sports , a choke is the failure of an athlete or an athletic team to win a game or tournament when the player or team had been strongly favored to win or had squandered a large lead in the late stages of the event. Someone who chokes may be known as a choker or, more derisively, as a choke artist . Choking in sport can be considered a form of analysis paralysis ."   -Wikipedia Here is another definition: 'To choke' is a phrase used to refer to athletes who are typically very good in their sports but fail to deliver in key situations. The immense pressure of these key moments tends to overwhelm them and they end up making an uncharacteristic mistake. Although this phrase is used most often in the context of American Football, it can apply to any sport when a normally reliable athlete fails. For example, this phrase is often used to describe Peyton Manning, who as the revered quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts has failed multiple times in big moments (for instance, when he threw an interception to lose Super Bowl 44 late in the game).  -Sports Definitions The opposite of choking is to be clutch . A clutch player or team rises to the occasion under pressure rather than collapsing.  -Wikipedia No one enjoys seeing their team choke, but if the opposite of "choke" is "clutch" then what happened to the Pats and Belichick Sunday against the Jets? Were the Pats clutch against the Jets last Sunday? No.  The Pats, and especially Belichick and Brady, choked under pressure and coughed up the biggest game of the season, the only one that really counted for anything. There is no better example of choking in the 2011 NFL season than the Pats v Jets game:  in fact the Pats should now be considered the Poster Boys for choking and coughing up a big game. After beating the Jets in a blowout a few weeks earlier did they forget the "on any given Sunday" mantra:  did they believe the media spin:  did they fail to take the Jet's bluster and mouthy, trash-talking seriously:  did they think that they only had to show up in order to win? All that bye time to prepare, and BB could not get his team ready?  That trick play at an inopportune time that should never have been on the table, then trying to throw a player under the bus for the coaches blunder?  A slow drive to nowhere with the clock running down?  A symbolic benching of Welker for even one series that sent the wrong message to your team (thank you Mr. Wilfork for being a man and speaking truth to power)?  Now the spin-miester, the Patriot Way, with Brady's foot?  Ridic-u-bobble! Organizational choke from the top down. Of course Belichick and Brady don't bear sole responsibility for the loss and are not the only ones who choked, in fact, it was a long term organizational choke that was a longtime coming. But Tom "Happy Feet" Brady and Belichick drive the train and are the men at the controls, so when the train runs off the track and crashes it's primarily the engineers who must bear the brunt of the blame. It's difficult for some fans to "fess up" and admit that their heroes choked and coughed up a big game under pressure, but this is not the first time: look at the playoff record of recent years:  It's choke after choke after choke, and I call that a trend, a distinct, disturbing trend.  But the Kool-aiders will never fess-up and admit that their infallible heroes choked and stunk up the place but will instead rest on the cliche that the Jets simply outplayed them.  No, the Pats choked. In Belichick you can trust all you want, but show me the money, show me why we should still trust him and Brady.  Because they won 3 Super Bowls many years ago?  And the Kool-Aid fans still insist that we should be grateful for a good regular season of 14 - 2, when everyone understands that the regular season only exists to get to the playoffs where it's a new season, where it's one and done, and its been done for the Pats for many years now. How many years can they coast by on past accomplishments while the Krafts print profits from their money machine by putting a decent product out there but always trying to win on the cheap while fans line up to hand over their hard earned money for the some of the highest ticket prices in the NFL, if not the highest. In Bill we trust?  Pleeeese!  Pahsahw!  Such naive BS! They say a fish rots from the head down.  Something stinks in Foxboro. Nuff said.  End of story. 

Were you a writer for Seinfeld? Friends? Sesame Street?  LMFAO!

I guess you knew all along that BB was going to, AND suppoosed to take a team that didn't make any splashy offseason moves like, say, those JESTS!, and should have been THE sexy pick to win it all, right? Why I seem to recall all those experts taking the JESTS! to win the division. How'd that work out for them?

But, I digress a little. Let's look at their last game. I guess it was BB's "fault" that Brady threw the INT on the first drive (which, need I remind you, didn't put points on the JESTS! side of the scoreboard). Or that it was MORE his fault when Crumpler dropped the TD on their 2nd drive. What was going through BB's head when he called that play? IDIOT! Or that Chung botched the fake punt when, if he properly executes the play, he's still running. Right? How dare BB call a play that was going to work (the JESTS! played the punt, NOT the fake). What a freakin' moron! Then there's Branch's drop on the 4th down/13 that would have gotten a 1st down inside the JESTS! 20. You know the play... the 14th on a long drive that started on their own 18? BB should have called on another WR for that play, even though Branch WAS open and could have stepped out right after the catch. Why, BB needs to turn in his whistle, piece of chalk, and key to the exec washroom! How does a guy like that ever get a chance to coach in the NFL in the first place?????

Now, let's look at the JESTS!. Seems to me that they were billed as having a good defense, and they sure as hell played like they had one. Desp[ite that, the Pats still had opportunties to put that game early, IF players executed plays. But, adding 2 TD's to the Pats score would have made the difference (1st and 2nd drives, or 2nd and 10 possession, when Branch played T Rex). And who know what was going to results if Chung doesn't gak the play. Hold that thought. I'm sure that BB would have called a fumble play, right? I'm sure that you'd agree that BB's erroneously called for teh onside kick with @2 minutes left, scheming it for a 23 yd return AND an additional 5 yard penalty tacked on "just because"?

Now, let's look at the Patriots pass defense. Ranked 35th out of 32 teams, right? So, it's BB's fault when that same defense gives up 2 long pass plays that results in TD's (37 to Edwards and 58 to Cotchery).Hell, Cotchery's catch came on their longerst "drive", starting on their own 25 yard line! 5 plays and a TD.

Then, you can always look at the game stats. The Pats had the egde in: time of possession, total yards, passing yards, and were 7 short of the JESTS! in rushing. All are things that usually indicate a team wins. But, they were out-executed on several plays, which directly related to the final results.

Brady raised his right hand and took responsibility for the INT on the screen pass, of all things, on the first drive. Perhaps you weren't paying attention? Crumpler did the same for his huge TD drop, Chung fessed up on his gak, and Branch did likewise on his late game drop. All were plays BB called to put the Pats into position to score, and all were not executed on by the players mentioned. But you blame BB.

May I suggest you stick with your box of Play-dough? It's pretty, comes in all colors, and you can make it to be whatever you want it to be, unlike your brilliant "analysis" of a football game. How special is that?