Anatomy of a Choke.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Anatomy of a Choke.

"Call it what you want, but they failed."

More brilliant anaylsis by boomer! Absolutely brilliant! I'm just sad that they didn't fail as well as the Colts did, to get a lower #1 pick slot. Or that they aren't as advantaged at the Bills fans, who yearly contemplate a pick in the Top 10. Or those whacky Giants who played themselves out of the playoffs at the end of the season, or those Bolts, who never really put themselves in a position to win their division, despite how JBolted pretended they would put it in gear whenever they felt like it and win it by default. The 2 win Panthers?

All these teams were much more advantaged than the Pats, because they never had the opportunity to get to the Super Bowl. You know, not embarrass thenselves int eh playoffs. Much safe that way, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yep, every good, honest coach said its up to him to have his team prepared.  What did Rexy say after we pasted the Jest 45-3?

He said, this is on ME!  I fudged it up...I didnt have the team prepared, and I gotta step MY game UP! 

How come Billy B cant come out and say this and protect his players..?  Oh, I forgot, thats for eediot , feet smelling fatso's....but that never works....right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Anatomy of a Choke. : Were you a writer for Seinfeld? Friends? Sesame Street?  LMFAO! I guess you knew all along that BB was going to, AND suppoosed to take a team that didn't make any splashy offseason moves like, say, those JESTS!, and should have been THE sexy pick to win it all, right? Why I seem to recall all those experts taking the JESTS! to win the division. How'd that work out for them? But, I digress a little. Let's look at their last game. I guess it was BB's "fault" that Brady threw the INT on the first drive (which, need I remind you, didn't put points on the JESTS! side of the scoreboard). Or that it was MORE his fault when Crumpler dropped the TD on their 2nd drive. What was going through BB's head when he called that play? IDIOT! Or that Chung botched the fake punt when, if he properly executes the play, he's still running. Right? How dare BB call a play that was going to work (the JESTS! played the punt, NOT the fake). What a freakin' moron! Then there's Branch's drop on the 4th down/13 that would have gotten a 1st down inside the JESTS! 20. You know the play... the 14th on a long drive that started on their own 18? BB should have called on another WR for that play, even though Branch WAS open and could have stepped out right after the catch. Why, BB needs to turn in his whistle, piece of chalk, and key to the exec washroom! How does a guy like that ever get a chance to coach in the NFL in the first place????? Now, let's look at the JESTS!. Seems to me that they were billed as having a good defense, and they sure as hell played like they had one. Desp[ite that, the Pats still had opportunties to put that game early, IF players executed plays. But, adding 2 TD's to the Pats score would have made the difference (1st and 2nd drives, or 2nd and 10 possession, when Branch played T Rex). And who know what was going to results if Chung doesn't gak the play. Hold that thought. I'm sure that BB would have called a fumble play, right? I'm sure that you'd agree that BB's erroneously called for teh onside kick with @2 minutes left, scheming it for a 23 yd return AND an additional 5 yard penalty tacked on "just because"? Now, let's look at the Patriots pass defense. Ranked 35th out of 32 teams, right? So, it's BB's fault when that same defense gives up 2 long pass plays that results in TD's (37 to Edwards and 58 to Cotchery).Hell, Cotchery's catch came on their longerst "drive", starting on their own 25 yard line! 5 plays and a TD. Then, you can always look at the game stats. The Pats had the egde in: time of possession, total yards, passing yards, and were 7 short of the JESTS! in rushing. All are things that usually indicate a team wins. But, they were out-executed on several plays, which directly related to the final results. Brady raised his right hand and took responsibility for the INT on the screen pass, of all things, on the first drive. Perhaps you weren't paying attention? Crumpler did the same for his huge TD drop, Chung fessed up on his gak, and Branch did likewise on his late game drop. All were plays BB called to put the Pats into position to score, and all were not executed on by the players mentioned. But you blame BB. May I suggest you stick with your box of Play-dough? It's pretty, comes in all colors, and you can make it to be whatever you want it to be, unlike your brilliant "analysis" of a football game. How special is that? 
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

-

Yikes! AZPAT is angry.

What's za matta?  Don't they have a football team out there in Arizona for you to root for?  Oh, yeah, they do, they're called the Cardinals.

I'm asking because I live in Boston, and I wonder why all you out of state, so-called fans come on here telling people how to think and behave on this board, a board located in Boston, Ma, in Dorchester.  Know where that is?

Do you really have a problem blaming BB and TB for the loss on Sunday?  Who would you blame for the clock killing 8 minute drive ending on a 4 & 13 in-completion or the fake punt which should have never been on the table as an option in even the remotest sense?  Or Tom getting gun-shy and seeing ghosts out of the corner of his eyes and mis-firing?

I said all along that it was a team loss but that the leaders bear the brunt of the blame.  Do you disagree with that statement?

AZPAT

. . .
    IDIOT! . . .

May I suggest you stick with your box of Play-dough? It's pretty, comes in all colors, and you can make it to be whatever you want it to be, unlike your brilliant "analysis" of a football game. How special is that? 

This is typical of these out-of-state trogs, name-calling, insults, and personal attacks.

I hardly have to make the point anymore, they make it so well for me.

I'm laughing at you, not with you, AZ.

How bout them Cardinals?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]"Call it what you want, but they failed." More brilliant anaylsis by boomer! Absolutely brilliant! I'm just sad that they didn't fail as well as the Colts did, to get a lower #1 pick slot. Or that they aren't as advantaged at the Bills fans, who yearly contemplate a pick in the Top 10. Or those whacky Giants who played themselves out of the playoffs at the end of the season, or those Bolts, who never really put themselves in a position to win their division, despite how JBolted pretended they would put it in gear whenever they felt like it and win it by default. The 2 win Panthers? All these teams were much more advantaged than the Pats, because they never had the opportunity to get to the Super Bowl. You know, not embarrass thenselves int eh playoffs. Much safe that way, right?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]
    They did fail as badly as the colts did.  They went 0-1 in the playoffs.  In fact, you could say they failed more.  Gave up turnovers, allowed more points to be scored, were significantly favored, actually scored less if you take out the garbage TD at the end of the game (which I am sure you won't).

Heck given the expectations, you could say the pats...well...choked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Choke, fail, call it what you wish.

They lost a game 8 times out of 10 they win.

They were out-coached and they were out-played.

Barring mistakes, they still would have won.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : They did fail as badly as the colts did.  They went 0-1 in the playoffs.  In fact, you could say they failed more.  Gave up turnovers, allowed more points to be scored, were significantly favored, actually scored less if you take out the garbage TD at the end of the game (which I am sure you won't). Heck given the expectations, you could say the pats...well...choked.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. They played awful...and they played scared.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

What bothers me is that they are coming out flat for these games. Why are they suddenly playing scared in big games? Is the game plan too complicated (too much thinking and not enough reacting)?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. :      I have to agree. They played awful...and they played scared.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : - You must be the poster-child for for what I'm talking about.  Congratulations. This is the quality of your discourse from another thread:  "Gonzo, Crawl back in your hole where you belong, and stay off of Boston.com you MORON." I'd bet you don't even live in New England, like many of these facists who call themselves "Real Fans" on this board and can't tolerate a contrary opinion. You simply mouth the party-line and the same old tired cliches.  Who cares about rebuilding?  About draft picks, in the wake of that big joke of a choke?  Who cares about 14 - 2, when they choke and stink up the playoffs again and again and again?   You play the regular season to get to the playoffs, don't you? Because of BB's coaching and TB's failure of leadership the Pats blew a great chance to go to the Super Bowl after winning the bye and home-field advantage.  Is that what you want fans to be grateful for? Don't tell people how to react.  Think what you want and write what you want, but when you devolve into the usual name calling, like "fair-weather fan" and "fool" you simply reveal yourself to be who you are, yourself, and I'm afraid you are stuck with that.  Sorry. Nuff said. End of story.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

A few questions if you please:  if the Jets lose this weekend, will we see you back on these threads on Monday?  Will Ryan and Sanchez be fall into the "choker" category as you view the Pats?  Or are you just a pimply teenager with nothing but a computer and time on his/her hands?  Oh one last one, if after a decade-long period of SB victorys and playoff appearances - this is a Pats choke job - what have the Jets been thus far?  No SB, so did they choke last year as well?  Get a life loser.  Sorry.  Nuff said.  End of story

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. :      I have to agree. They played awful...and they played scared.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

-

Yes, let's use euphemisms like some people do around "death"  as in "Pat "passed away" on Sunday.", instead of,  "Pat died on Sunday."

So the Pats "failed" or "played scared" and these, my agreeable cohorts, are euphemisms for choking.

It's not the end of the world, it's happened to lots of great players, great teams, and the great ones always pick themselves up and go out there and try to improve next playoff game through better preparation. 

Step one is recognizing what happened and admitting that it was a failure of nerves when their preparation proved inadequate, and they realized they had a formative foe on their hands.  They had the talent to win and barring the well documented mistakes it was an imminently winnable game.  But, unfortunately, they choked . . . oops,  I mean the Pats "passed away" on Sunday.

Hopefully, we will be in as good a position next year, but this year's playoff performance will be lingering in the back of our minds.  I see long-term ramifications like the ones that still linger after losing the SB to the Giants.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

At least we're in good company,

2009 Indianapolis Colts 14-2
    2006 San Diego Chargers 14-2
    2005 Indianapolis Colts 14-2
    2004 Pittsburgh Steelers 15-1
    2001 St. Louis Rams 14-2
    1999 Jacksonville Jaguars 14-2
    1998 Minnesota Vikings 15-1
    1998 Atlanta Falcons 14-2
    1992 San Francisco 49ers 14-2
    1990 San Francisco 49ers 14-2
    1987 San Francisco 49ers 13-2
    1986 Chicago Bears 14-2
    1984 Miami Dolphins 14-2
    1983 Washington Redskins 14-2

None of these teams won the super bowl.
    The great 49ers "choked" a few as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Yep, every good, honest coach said its up to him to have his team prepared.  What did Rexy say after we pasted the Jest 45-3? He said, this is on ME!  I fudged it up...I didnt have the team prepared, and I gotta step MY game UP!  How come Billy B cant come out and say this and protect his players..?  Oh, I forgot, thats for eediot , feet smelling fatso's....but that never works....right?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

even turds think you smell.  I won't even discuss this piece of ¢rap you call a comment.  If you are this stupid, you wouldn't be able to operate a computer, so you must just be trolling.  Plus, fatsos would be plural, not possesive.  So, no apostrophe.  Moron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]At least we're in good company, 2009 Indianapolis Colts 14-2 2006 San Diego Chargers 14-2 2005 Indianapolis Colts 14-2 2004 Pittsburgh Steelers 15-1 2001 St. Louis Rams 14-2 1999 Jacksonville Jaguars 14-2 1998 Minnesota Vikings 15-1 1998 Atlanta Falcons 14-2 1992 San Francisco 49ers 14-2 1990 San Francisco 49ers 14-2 1987 San Francisco 49ers 13-2 1986 Chicago Bears 14-2 1984 Miami Dolphins 14-2 1983 Washington Redskins 14-2 None of these teams won the super bowl. The great 49ers "choked" a few as well.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

-

Great company.  And it was a stinging loss to each and everyone of those teams, and I wonder how many of them were thinking, "well we had a great regular season and we should be happy with that".  None of them.

So why are these out-of-state trogs trying to tell us New Englanders how to think about this loss on this board which happens to be located in Boston, in New England, where the Pats play, not in Kansas or Arizona or Minn or Pa.

Root for the team in your area and go on their boards.   Talk about fair-weather fans.  They all climbed aboard NE's bandwagon from all over the country to be on the winning side, like a song I heard a few days ago, "You just want to be on the side that's winning."  Who dat?

Nuff said.

End of story.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not sure I'd call it or them a choke. They lost by a touchdown against a team that has more talent and is built to play defense. Cromartie and Revis are outstanding corners, it's tough enough when you have to face one good corner, but two? They have some pass rush ability and can stop the run. They can run it and they have better receivers. Brady's numbers weren't all that bad and it didn't appear to me like the players weren't prepared, it's just that we aren't that good.

I liked it better when you were blaming it on the Krafts for not wanting to spend big to bring in difference makers on defense, which is what the Jets did...spent big and won without a decent QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : - Great company.  And it was a stinging loss to each and everyone of those teams, and I wonder how many of them were thinking, "well we had a great regular season and we should be happy with that".  None of them. So why are these out-of-state trogs trying to tell us New Englanders how to think about this loss on this board which happens to be located in Boston, in New England, where the Pats play, not in Kansas or Arizona or Minn or Pa. Root for the team in your area and go on their boards.   Talk about fair-weather fans.  They all climbed aboard NE's bandwagon from all over the country to be on the winning side, like a song I heard a few days ago, "You just want to be on the side that's winning."  Who dat? Nuff said. End of story.

Born, 1961 Bridgeport CT
    Moved to Worcester Ma 1968
    Moved to Wentworth NH 1971
    Left from 1980 - 1987 travelling with U.S. Army
    Returned to Worcester Ma 1987
    Moved to Pennsylvania 2000.  

So, I'm pretty much FROM New England.  Not that it really matters, I am a Patriot fan, and where I live is immaterial.  YOU are the issue here.  Let's talk a bit about YOU.  YOU are losing credibility, and exposing yourself as an irrational moron.  Now YOU want to say if someone doesn't live in NE they aren't a REAL fan.  YOU are not a good advertisement for fans from New England.  YOU are an irrational, overreacting, self involved, bombastic, short sighted crybaby.  YOU are the problem here, not where someone else lives.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronxlcsw. Show bronxlcsw's posts

Man you boston sports fans are over reacting as usual...  I love my Jets and was thrilled they won but i have nothing but respect for the Patriots.  They are what i want my team to be.  What all you are forgetting is that this was essentially a rebuilding year.  Why do you think they got rid of Moss?  However, the Patriots over achieved and gave the illusion that they had arrived.  Even Bob Ryan before the game this past sunday said he would not be surprised if the Jets won becuase they essentially have more talent at key positions.  Now, as a Jets fan we better win sunday and the super bowl becuase with all those draft picks and money coming off the books Bill B will essentialy put together another dynasty.  I am under no illusions.  i know the Pats will be back next year and they will win the division as long as Brady is QB.  Give the team a break.  They won 14 games in a rebuild year.  Thats pretty good. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Man you boston sports fans are over reacting as usual...  I love my Jets and was thrilled they won but i have nothing but respect for the Patriots.  They are what i want my team to be.  What all you are forgetting is that this was essentially a rebuilding year.  Why do you think they got rid of Moss?  However, the Patriots over achieved and gave the illusion that they had arrived.  Even Bob Ryan before the game this past sunday said he would not be surprised if the Jets won becuase they essentially have more talent at key positions.  Now, as a Jets fan we better win sunday and the super bowl becuase with all those draft picks and money coming off the books Bill B will essentialy put together another dynasty.  I am under no illusions.  i know the Pats will be back next year and they will win the division as long as Brady is QB.  Give the team a break.  They won 14 games in a rebuild year.  Thats pretty good. 
    Posted by bronxlcsw[/QUOTE]

Thank you . . .  what is the world coming to when a Jets fan is making way more sense than 80% of the so-called Patriots fans on this thread!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Didn't bother reading, saw the bottom and I will just place you on ignore. 14-2 with the youngest D in the NFL. This team is set for years to come, nothing that you say matters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Man you boston sports fans are over reacting as usual...  I love my Jets and was thrilled they won but i have nothing but respect for the Patriots.  They are what i want my team to be.  What all you are forgetting is that this was essentially a rebuilding year.  Why do you think they got rid of Moss?  However, the Patriots over achieved and gave the illusion that they had arrived.  Even Bob Ryan before the game this past sunday said he would not be surprised if the Jets won becuase they essentially have more talent at key positions.  Now, as a Jets fan we better win sunday and the super bowl becuase with all those draft picks and money coming off the books Bill B will essentialy put together another dynasty.  I am under no illusions.  i know the Pats will be back next year and they will win the division as long as Brady is QB.  Give the team a break.  They won 14 games in a rebuild year.  Thats pretty good. 

Dang, you had to go be all logical and shÍt.  That is going to make it difficult to hate you.  Guess I'll just skip that part. I WOULD wish you luck, but we both know I can't do that, as Jet futility is all that I can salvage from the 2010 season.  Not a fan of what Ryan is doing in the press, but I will say this for him- he took an emotionally beaten down team, and huffed and puffed them into thinking they were good enough.  Got wicked lucky along the way, but hey, luck is a portion of greatness.  We Patriot fans should know that as well as anyone.  Tuck rule, McNabb barfing away his remaining time in SB 39, Jets picking Herm Edwards to coach, etc.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronxlcsw. Show bronxlcsw's posts

And another thing.   That can not even come close to being called a choke by the patriots.   Unfortunately for me i also root for my Yanks and have to be honest here.  Choke= 2004 monumental collapse by my yankees against the Red Sox.  Now that was a choke of Biblical proportions.  I still have nightmares over that one. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronxlcsw. Show bronxlcsw's posts

You know, if you can muster enough courage to watch replays of the game you will see that there is indeed a bit of luck on the Jets side. The football GODS are smiling down on the Jets. every bounce seems to be going their way. Those 2 onside kicks were scary moments indeed.  I mean that first one could have easily bounced into the hands of a patriot.  And could you imagine if the patriots would have recovered the second onside kick after Sean Green basically gave the pats 20 yards on that really bone head sleep act.  I mean 20 years ago that kick would have been recovered by the pats and is there any doubht Brady would have thrown a TD.  It would have made the NY Giants famouse Philly fumble look like nothing.  I thought the celebrations by the JETS were way over the top and will come back to haunt them in the future.  I have a dumb question: Is there any Patriots fan out there even passively rooting for the Jets?  I mean comon we have not even sniffed a Super bowl in 42 years.. In a sadistic way i really was happy to see the Sox finally win in 2004.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]And another thing.   That can not even come close to being called a choke by the patriots.   Unfortunately for me i also root for my Yanks and have to be honest here.  Choke= 2004 monumental collapse by my yankees against the Red Sox.  Now that was a choke of Biblical proportions.  I still have nightmares over that one. 

You know, I watched that, and said "no way, the Sox are just trying to su¢k me in so they can break my heart again"  When they actually did it, I was so stunned I didn't know what to do.  Weird time.  Like hearing John Madden say "the Patriots will just take a knee here and play for overtime"  then they go on this crazy, epic, half a$sed drive that kept trying to fail and didn't.  Then the final plays to get in position.. the kick......... and our first SB.  Honestly, my first child wasn't as big of an event for me.  Seeing the Patriots win it all was enough for me for a lifetime of seasons.  Everything since has been icing on the cake.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]You know, if you can muster enough courage to watch replays of the game you will see that there is indeed a bit of luck on the Jets side.  Those 2 onside kicks were scary moments indeed.  I mean that first one could have easily bounced into the hands of a patriot.  And could you imagine if the patriots would have recovered the second onside kick after Sean Green basically gave the pats 20 yards on that really bone head sleep act.  I mean 20 years ago that kick would have been recovered by the pats and is there any doubht Brady would have thrown a TD.  It would have made the NY Giants famouse Philly fumble look like nothing.  I thought the celebrations by the JETS were way over the top and will come back to haunt them in the future.  I have a dumb question: Is there any Patriots fan out there even passively rooting for the Jets?  I mean comon we have not even sniffed a Super bowl in 42 years.. In a sadistic way i really was happy to see the Sox finally win in 2004.  

I can't.. not because they are the Jets, but because of the talking we had to endure for two seasons.  Look we have been back and forth in this rivalry, you got parcells and martin but we got BB and for me, that deal is one sided.  Sometimes you beat us, sometimes we beat you, even at your worst we tend to split the meetings every year.  Rex made it personal, he brought in the nature of the Ravens, talk talk talk.  Talk when you win, talk when you lose, talk all the time.  Point at yourself and beat your chest stuff.  I don't even like it when our players do it.  Deion Branch had that bad habit the first time around, I had hoped he got over it.  But Rex? He has taken it to a new level, and the teams I used to hate, like the ravens and steelers, are now not as big of a deal to me, the Colts even, as hated as the Jets.  When you talk more crud than the Ravens, that is saying something.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Brady's numbers were irrelevant. When it mattered they couldn't get the ball in the end zone. If you throw away the garbage time TD then his numbers were bad.

My main point is that it's not about talent, but execution. The last three playoff games the pats simply haven't performed. Who knows what the true reason is, but it's a disturbing trend.

It's laughable how you say the Jets have more talent. The pats have more pro bowlers, more future HOFer's, a more experienced QB, and a better coach. If you made that statement last week you would've been laughed off the board. Just a silly statement. You don't win 14 games without a ton of talent. Additionally, the Pats have more depth with all their young guys. Cromartie is incredibly overrated. The jets pass rush stinks. Who are you scared of? Jason Taylor? Calvin Pace? Please. How many sacks did they have all year as a team?  That great jets D gave up 5 less pts than the pats terrible D, against a weaker schedule.

Just call a spade a spade. The pats played terribly. If they play next week the pats would smoke them if the pats organization doesn't pee their pants again. 

[QUOTE]Not sure I'd call it or them a choke. They lost by a touchdown against a team that has more talent and is built to play defense. Cromartie and Revis are outstanding corners, it's tough enough when you have to face one good corner, but two? They have some pass rush ability and can stop the run. They can run it and they have better receivers. Brady's numbers weren't all that bad and it didn't appear to me like the players weren't prepared, it's just that we aren't that good. I liked it better when you were blaming it on the Krafts for not wanting to spend big to bring in difference makers on defense, which is what the Jets did...spent big and won without a decent QB.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Brady's numbers were irrelevant. When it mattered they couldn't get the ball in the end zone. If you throw away the garbage time TD then his numbers were bad. My main point is that it's not about talent, but execution. The last three playoff games the pats simply haven't performed. Who knows what the true reason is, but it's a disturbing trend. It's laughable how you say the Jets have more talent. The pats have more pro bowlers, more future HOFer's, a more experienced QB, and a better coach. If you made that statement last week you would've been laughed off the board. Just a silly statement. You don't win 14 games without a ton of talent. Additionally, the Pats have more depth with all their young guys. Cromartie is incredibly overrated. The jets pass rush stinks. Who are you scared of? Jason Taylor? Calvin Pace? Please. How many sacks did they have all year as a team?  That great jets D gave up 5 less pts than the pats terrible D, against a weaker schedule. Just call a spade a spade. The pats played terribly. If they play next week the pats would smoke them if the pats organization doesn't pee their pants again.  In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

-

I was going to respond to mthrul's points, but you've done it so much better than I could, I won't even try.

More talented?  You got to be kidding.  The Pats misfired on about 4 plays that cost them the game and that's where the Jets got lucky.  If the Pats hadn't been choking up almost the entire game after the 1st quarter interception and playing scared they would have won the game and this discussion would be moot. If they hadn't choked they would have won the game: it was winnable even late into the 4th quarter.

Give me a break!

This is the typical revisionist history these Kool-Aiders like to engage in, so thanks for calling them on it.

The Pats didn't choke, they just got outplayed by a more talented team. 

Yeah, right, and I got some swamp land in Florida for sale, too, a good deal just for you.

Nuff said.

End of story.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : - I was going to respond to mthrul's points, but you've done it so much better than I could, I won't even try. More talented?  You got to be kidding.  The Pats misfired on about 4 plays that cost them the game and that's where the Jets got lucky.  If the Pats hadn't been choking up almost the entire game after the 1st quarter interception and playing scared they would have won the game and this discussion would be moot. If they hadn't choked they would have won the game: it was winnable even late into the 4th quarter. Give me a break! This is the typical revisionist history these Kool-Aiders like to engage in, so thanks for calling them on it. The Pats didn't choke, they just got outplayed by a more talented team.  Yeah, right, and I got some swamp land in Florida for sale too. Nuff said. End of story.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND the babbling insane portion of the populace checks in.

Sections
Shortcuts