Anatomy of a Choke.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Anatomy of a Choke.

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke.:
    In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Yeah, I can't imaginre where they get that idea; "Consider me the beacon of reason amid a fog of homerism." " gr8 - I am on colts sites plenty.  Congrats on the failed overature.  The point is what they may be doing there is of no consequence to what is going on here.  But I will share with you this, they aren't nearly as arrogant for no good reason as those on this board.  And no, the colts aren't playing next week, then again, I am not gloating over the loss of the team that beat us." "This season has been trying, because with the pats regular season success, the chest thumping became deafening.  Pats fans became so drunk with success that hubris crushed reason.  Last year and in the offseason it was much better.  There was much more talking.  Much less jibberish." Anfd those are just from this thread.Considering how much time you spend lecturing us on every that's wrong with this board, it no wonder. You can't have it both ways. You can't be one of the guys one day and moral compass the next. But I'm sure you'll keep trying...
    Posted by niz-58

I've never connected reason with morality, but now that I understand that that is your take, I get it. 

part of the reason I claim no moral high ground is that I also get caught up in my own fandom.  Guess what happens then?  I am put in my place by more reasonable posters.  

Don't think I haven't taken my fair share on this board.  The difference, I guess, is that you want to have it both ways. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : And the lecture continues... Thanks for proving my point.
    Posted by niz-58

Sometimes the truth can be a cold reality.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Funny thing about Kravitz - as much as he tries to get a big market job, he just can't do it.  No, I think Manning is a first rate qb any way you wish to slice it. 
    Posted by UD6

that is a choker

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : I've never connected reason with morality, but now that I understand that that is your take, I get it.  part of the reason I claim no moral high ground is that I also get caught up in my own fandom.  Guess what happens then?  I am put in my place by more reasonable posters.   Don't think I haven't taken my fair share on this board.  The difference, I guess, is that you want to have it both ways. 
    Posted by UD6

The amount of BS you're able to shovel is truly astounding.

You get caught up in your own fandom, yet you trip over yourself in an effort to point a finger at anyone here that does the same.

You said it yourself. You feel the need to remind Pats fan that they're not all that. You can't allow them to exhibit the same faults you admit to.

The definition of a hypocrite.

BTW: If a Patriots message board isn't the place for rampant Patriots homerism, where, in your exalted opinion is the appropriate place?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pioneer15. Show pioneer15's posts

Until the Pats get back to their Defensive Ways ie- the early years of Seymour, Bruschi, Ty Law, Harrison etc. they aint winning anything. This team needs a defense to beat down opposing offesnes and have an attitude. Do you think the Jets would have gotten away with all that samck with the pats D of 2003-2007? No, they would have been beat into submission. The D know has no real leader and no pride.  Brady is good in fact the best but he is not mobile and has a 5 year window at best left. As a Jet fan I can say we did the choke because we finally beat NE and then blew it against Pitt. The Pats have alot of picks and if they do as good a job as they did this past year in drafting the two TE's, McCourty etc. They will be a contender again. Focus on D and pick up a big time WR not a smurf.  Until they get a pass rush they are going nowhere.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : The amount of BS you're able to shovel is truly astounding. You get caught up in your own fandom, yet you trip over yourself in an effort to point a finger at anyone here that does the same. You said it yourself. You feel the need to remind Pats fan that they're not all that. You can't allow them to exhibit the same faults you admit to. The definition of a hypocrite. BTW: If a Patriots message board isn't the place for rampant Patriots homerism, where, in your exalted opinion is the appropriate place?
    Posted by niz-58

Aw Niz - you keep trying to rope a dope me into a corner, but I am just not game to it.  When did I ever say that being an unreasonable homer is not allowed? 

Niz, I am human.  I give.  I take.  Quit trying to act like you deserve some special treatment where you never have to take.  It silly. 

If you want a site where you don't have to take anything, I suggest you build your own site where you are the judge and jury moderator, then you can remove anyone you wish that doesn't meet your posting wishes.  Further, why not charge a fee to be a member of the site?   Surely, fans of other teams will not join, especially if you make it clear that you will ban them at you whim. 

Ultimately, I'll suggest you take a bit of your own advice.  You told me that I should not think I can change others' minds.  The same goes for you.  Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Pioneer - I'll tell you this, in my frequent arguments re: Manning vs. Brady, I note that Manning never had the defenses Brady had.  Every year I watch the playoffs, I find that claim continues to hold true and yesterday added to it. 

Go figure that the worst QB's statistically played the best games (Sanchez and the Bears Back up) while the heir apparent (Rogers) and the current "all he does is win" QB (Rothlisberger) had ratings of 30 and 50. 

I don't care how good the QB is, generally speaking, defenses are the reason teams win championships. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

oh - and it takes more than a pass rush.  Both Brady and Manning were limited not because of the Jets pass rush, but because of their excellent coverage.  Great pass rushers, I am starting to believe, are unnecessary as long as the entire defensive package is solid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. :   When did I ever say that being an unreasonable homer is not allowed? 
    Posted by UD6

Then why all the lectures about how unfair we are to poor Peyton Manning?

Foreget I aked. I doubt I'll get an honest answer...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Then why all the lectures about how unfair we are to poor Peyton Manning? Foreget I aked. I doubt I'll get an honest answer...
    Posted by niz-58

This is laughable.  You suggest that I I forget you asked because you think I won't be honest in response.  If you really didn't want it out there, you would have simply deleted the post or not sent it at all.  Talk about disingenuous. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pioneer - I'll tell you this, in my frequent arguments re: Manning vs. Brady, I note that Manning never had the defenses Brady had.  Every year I watch the playoffs, I find that claim continues to hold true and yesterday added to it.  Go figure that the worst QB's statistically played the best games (Sanchez and the Bears Back up) while the heir apparent (Rogers) and the current "all he does is win" QB (Rothlisberger) had ratings of 30 and 50.  I don't care how good the QB is, generally speaking, defenses are the reason teams win championships. 
    Posted by UD6

Are you still here?? What are you going to do when Peyton becomes a Dallas Cowboy? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

"Call it what you want, but they failed." More brilliant anaylsis by boomer! Absolutely brilliant! I'm just sad that they didn't fail as well as the Colts did, to get a lower #1 pick slot. Or that they aren't as advantaged at the Bills fans, who yearly contemplate a pick in the Top 10. Or those whacky Giants who played themselves out of the playoffs at the end of the season, or those Bolts, who never really put themselves in a position to win their division, despite how JBolted pretended they would put it in gear whenever they felt like it and win it by default. The 2 win Panthers? All these teams were much more advantaged than the Pats, because they never had the opportunity to get to the Super Bowl. You know, not embarrass thenselves int eh playoffs. Much safe that way, right?
    Posted by AZPAT
    So you think they did not fail. So what do you call it, success?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

do you disagree with my comment, TP?

If Peyton becomes a Dallas Cowboy, I will thank him for his service to the colts, and then I will be cheering Curtis Painter!

Woo hoo!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : I've never connected reason with morality, but now that I understand that that is your take, I get it.  part of the reason I claim no moral high ground is that I also get caught up in my own fandom.  Guess what happens then?  I am put in my place by more reasonable posters.   Don't think I haven't taken my fair share on this board.  The difference, I guess, is that you want to have it both ways. 
    Posted by UD6

Nah.  The difference is, you don't belong on this site.  See?  

But I will give Manning this much credit... he does not want to leave Indy.  And they will give him no reason to leave.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

oh - and it takes more than a pass rush.  Both Brady and Manning were limited not because of the Jets pass rush, but because of their excellent coverage.  Great pass rushers, I am starting to believe, are unnecessary as long as the entire defensive package is solid.
    Posted by UD6

And because of poor play calling and not running the ball. That is how you stop good pass rush and coverage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorFootball. Show DoctorFootball's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : How did the Pats "choke", Underpants? To me, a "choke" is claiming that your team is going to win the Super Bowl before the season starts, and then not even making it to that game, asl the Jests.  That's a choke.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966
    A CHOKE has nothing to do with claiming your going to win, thats called arrogance.
     A choke is a great player or great team stepping into the big game and not just losing, but having a ridiculous or pathetic performance.
    Such as Peyton Manning, and now T Brady. At least you can be proud because Brady is starting to do this on a consistent basis right along with Mr. Forehead .  
    Now if you want someone that is a clutch performer, can handle all the pressure and has the women lined up waiting in the back room.....then you gotta have BIG BEN !!!Goooooo SteelersEmbarassed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

boomer - I am not a big fan of criticizing coaches for play calling (unless it is patently obvious) - game management is different.   

1) There really is simply no way to know whether the original play was run or an audible. 
    2) Even if you do know whether the play that was run was the one called, the players still must execute the play. 
    3) A play call is made before knowing the defensive scheme.  The only way to adjust is to audible to another play. 
    4) Sometimes the defense simply out executes the offense. 

I just think that we as fans know so much less about the situation and the game plan,that blaming play calling for ineffectiveness is too easy.

Running the ball poorly will not help a team against the pass rush and coverage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorFootball. Show DoctorFootball's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Nah.  The difference is, you don't belong on this site.  See?   But I will give Manning this much credit... he does not want to leave Indy.  And they will give him no reason to leave.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Hey Meat-head, who died and left you in control of a PUBLIC forum? Go change your diaper little man! Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Anatomy of a Choke. : Nah.  The difference is, you don't belong on this site.  See?   But I will give Manning this much credit... he does not want to leave Indy.  And they will give him no reason to leave.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Dave:  I wouldn't say he doesn't "belong" on this site.  You have to consider the mental makeup of a guy that roots for one of our biggest yearly challengers, but frequents this site very often.  I think Doggg doesn't get enough attention, either on his own teams site or in life.  I believe in order to get attention, he comes on this sit under the guise of wanting to talk about football, but it always comes down to him taking the contraian view or "egging" on Pats fans.  He squeals about getting abused on these boards - what the heck does he expect?  It's a Pats forum filled with homers.  I think he just covets attention, and he gets plenty from Pats homers.  The irony is, he complains about homerism on a Pats site, then crys foul when you dog his Colts team - but in fact he likes playing the "outsider" card so people will respond to him.  It's kinda' fun pointing out his hypocrisy, but let's face it, he's transparent as all get-out.  I kinda' like him on this board - makes me proud that he'd covet our team's success so much that he'd "sacrifice" himself by taking shots from our fans.  He's a regular John Wayne kinda' boy scout isn't he?  And a good punching bag as well, so I don't mind him loitering around - what the heck else is there to do when you're an Indy fan?  Don't wish the poor doggg be banned, pity him - he deserves that at least, don't he?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I'm sorry but anyone who says Peyton Manning isnt a great quarterback instantly loses all football credibility with me....period.  Do I think Brady is the best?  Yes, is there a wide margin between Brady and Manning? No way.
    I cant stand Manning, but I respect that he is an elite QB who is dangerous. 
    I can tell you all one thing though, in the last 4 years, Manning has been the better QB in the post season.  You can like it or not, i am not that impressed with Brady the past few years in the playoffs, he stunk last year against the Ravens, he wasn't very good last week against the Jets, he also wasnt very good against the Giants in the SB.  Actually he stunk against the Chargers that year too.  Why the trend downward?  I think Moss had alot to do with it, Moss demanded the ball and Brady wanted to keep him happy.  This year Brady looked better than the record 07 year in my opinion...but he crapped the bed in the playoffs again.....I am a Pats fan, but just sayin.

Sections
Shortcuts