Anatomy of a thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Anatomy of a thread

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Steelcurtain is by far the best visiting poster.

Agree with that. I don't really mind JBolt either. He just comes here and trash talks, which is fun. I trash talk with my friends of opposing teams all the time. WeDer isn't that bad either.  

The only guy I ignore (when I figure out his moniker) is the Jets/Ravens poser (I think it's all Leon by his posting tactics and diction), who is really just a an internet troll and not a football fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

thats cause all he does is kiss the pats a** when he posts-it's almost embarassing

he is either a pats fan undercover or the worst steelers fan there is

I think he just likes good football and has no qualms about recognizing the fact that the Pats are really currently an exceptional team.  Naturally, there are a lot of homers on a site like this, but I prefer a more balanced perspective myself, which can appreciate ithe good teams and also admit flaws in our own.  Steelcurtain is well liked because he's polite and doesn't try to antagonize people he  knows are going to disagree with him.  I think you also respect good football and are a good contributor here, but let's be honest, even the screen name you chose seems designed to provoke Pats fans.  

I usually talk about what other teams do well. It's silly to pretend that other teams are just garbage. I guess that makes me a bad Pats fan to some. Haha.

It was hilarious during the Jets breif span as a decent playoff team that 70% of the board here was just pretending they were terrible, and it bore no likeness to reality. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to AcheNot's comment:

I am not going to interfere, but I dont like to see somebody being singled out for this kind of treatment. It just rubs me the wrong way. I would say so no matter who was being targeted too, even if it were Snitchie the Giants Fan. Although I might make an exception with him...

You might be right, it's a huge forum with a lot of people who come and go. 

As far as the "poor Rusty" bit goes: well, it's a free country. Think of it this way ... how many people get "singled" out like this on the board? None. So why are they getting singled out? People get singled out when they make themselves singular. 

I actually like a lively board with some spirited back and forth. This place had tons of knock-down drag-out fights before this, and will after ... but there is a difference about the obssessive nature of how it is now. Basically every ongoing feud goes through one person. You lose quality to the bickering. So you get that. Better fights between various people, and a lot less threads getting "cleaned," which is something I really hate too.  

I also see no problem with moderation, and I loathe the word "snitch." I don't report people often, and those that do here are pretty forward about doing it. But calling people a snitch is just another form of herd mentality.

Gints is actually a decent contributor. I've had some back and forths with him. Agreed with him other times. He'll sling a little mud for sure, but he doesn't obssessively hijack every thread, or have "lists" of people he routinely calls out. At any rate, the forum would be boring if it were just Pats fans ... outside of UD6 at his worst times, and the Jets troll that is Leon that posts incomprehensible nonsense, I've actually thought the rest of the opposing fans were pretty welcome even when they were being chippy. And once they are participating, they have as much right as anyone to log complaints about outright abusive or racist remarks.

As far as the racist thread that Gints reported ... I didn't see it when it happened, but saw the comments (I think) quoted ... I would have reported it myself. So I guess I'm a snitch too. I have zero tolerance for that kind of clap-trap.  

This isn't a public space - it's a privately owned forum open freely to people who sign up with rules for behavior that apply *if* people on the board want to apply them. The first amendment has no sway here. It's what the community deems that is the law within a broad structure set up by Boston.com. There is a brilliant demoncratic texture to that, and it's far better than a free for all with no possibility of standards.

Second, you don't get banned for nothing. No one ever has. If they say they did .... they are just playing a tiny violin for themselves. You get banned for strings of complaints that are valid (a.k.a., you broke a rule) or you broke a rule in a singular and spectacular fashion.  

This, however, is way past entertaining. It's the same thing, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Same words, same narrative, same everything. And it spread to every thread to the point that they all look the same. 

That is not interesting, unless you have a very low threshhold for interest. 

Lastly, as an independent minded person ... although I don't think opposing forum rules qualifies one as that  ... self-moderation is the most independent thing you can do. 

As far as the racist thread that Gints reported ... I didn't see it when it happened, but saw the comments (I think) quoted ... I would have reported it myself. So I guess I'm a snitch too. I have zero tolerance for that kind of clap-trap.

thanks Z but dont bother

achy breaky and his lover jri accused me of something i didn't do, couldn't provide one iota of proof when challenged to do so so and now just call me names related to what i didn't do like spoiled children not getting their way-and it drives them both in a tizzy that people actually dont mind me here and - like you -support my reporting of rusty and bologna/whatever his name is

achy breaky has a problem with me reporting a poster who calls black people jigaboos and monkeys and called bob kraft a lying jew...that tells you all you need to know about his character or lack thereof

and isnt it amazing the way achy enables rusty and actually defends him/willfully ignores legitimate criticisms of him? ol' achy breaky thinks we are picking on poor russ-who has been banned a dozen times but it's never his fault

but this yahoo thinks he is better than me-but since he cant get the better of me he resorts to name-calling and baseless accusations, like his lover

watch his response to this post - it will be something brilliant like "jints is a rat"

btw, he and jri (his lover) are hilarious with their silly street tough talk

You can call me what you like, it seems you and mods have a thing for each other. You get to go around on this board calling people idiots and insulting them but as soon as someone types a retort towards you mod action happens against the poster. HMMMM. Perhaps it is because you are their secret Muridae.

Sorry dude the accusations aren't baseless. You are what you are. Instead of Secret squirrel you are secret Muridae. Keep up the good work. Do they pay you in cookies and milk or is it just your intrinsic nature that drives you.

BTW, the only thing that is silly is your over the top defense of yourself. 

as we can see still batting .000

calls names, says "sorry dude u are what u are" but when challenged repeatedly to back up his accusation?

nothing...

and the only people i have ever called anything are rusty and baloney for good reasons and now u and ur lover achenot because u have called me a lot of things without a shred of evidence-thats about it

this is getting silly and i offered twice to bury the hatchet and u two wont quit though u are being made fools of worse with every post...i am done i have proven my points and it's ll there in black and white for all to see

guess utwo can just go on ignore-shame tho in ache's case b/c he is a good and intelligent poster basically. you? well thats another story

dude

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

thats cause all he does is kiss the pats a** when he posts-it's almost embarassing

I think he just likes good football and has no qualms about recognizing the fact that the Pats are really currently an exceptional team.  Naturally, there are a lot of homers on a site like this, but I prefer a more balanced perspective myself, which can appreciate ithe good teams and also admit flaws in our own.  Steelcurtain is well liked because he's polite and doesn't try to antagonize people he  knows are going to disagree with him.  I think you also respect good football and are a good contributor here, but let's be honest, even the screen name you chose seems designed to provoke Pats fans.  

I usually talk about what other teams do well. It's silly to pretend that other teams are just garbage. I guess that makes me a bad Pats fan to some. Haha.

It was hilarious during the Jets breif span as a decent playoff team that 70% of the board here was just pretending they were terrible, and it bore no likeness to reality. 

i hear what u and pro are saying Z

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

achy breaky and his lover jri accused me of something i didn't do, couldn't provide one iota of proof when challenged to do so so and now just call me names related to what i didn't do

The names of the weasels who file abuse reports are kept confidential. Never revealed. You know that

So your hallenge to jri to produce hard evidence against you is bogus. An embarassing show

Big thumbs down

Pfffft...

as i said above it's time to put u on ignore ache

shame but when ur ready to stop being a parrot and throwing out baseless accusations and calling names to get attention then it would be good to put u back on because i think ur a good and knowledgable poster and usually a good guy...sorry u got caught up with a fool and he twisted u around...get rid of the jri's of life they aint good for you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I am not going to interfere, but I dont like to see somebody being singled out for this kind of treatment. It just rubs me the wrong way. I would say so no matter who was being targeted too, even if it were Snitchie the Giants Fan. Although I might make an exception with him...

You might be right, it's a huge forum with a lot of people who come and go. 

As far as the "poor Rusty" bit goes: well, it's a free country. Think of it this way ... how many people get "singled" out like this on the board? None. So why are they getting singled out? People get singled out when they make themselves singular. 

I actually like a lively board with some spirited back and forth. This place had tons of knock-down drag-out fights before this, and will after ... but there is a difference about the obssessive nature of how it is now. Basically every ongoing feud goes through one person. You lose quality to the bickering. So you get that. Better fights between various people, and a lot less threads getting "cleaned," which is something I really hate too.  

I also see no problem with moderation, and I loathe the word "snitch." I don't report people often, and those that do here are pretty forward about doing it. But calling people a snitch is just another form of herd mentality.

Gints is actually a decent contributor. I've had some back and forths with him. Agreed with him other times. He'll sling a little mud for sure, but he doesn't obssessively hijack every thread, or have "lists" of people he routinely calls out. At any rate, the forum would be boring if it were just Pats fans ... outside of UD6 at his worst times, and the Jets troll that is Leon that posts incomprehensible nonsense, I've actually thought the rest of the opposing fans were pretty welcome even when they were being chippy. And once they are participating, they have as much right as anyone to log complaints about outright abusive or racist remarks.

This isn't a public space - it's a privately owned forum open freely to people who sign up with rules for behavior that apply *if* people on the board want to apply them. The first amendment has no sway here. It's what the community deems that is the law within a broad structure set up by Boston.com. There is a brilliant demoncratic texture to that, and it's far better than a free for all with no possibility of standards.

Second, you don't get banned for nothing. No one ever has. If they say they did .... they are just playing a tiny violin for themselves. You get banned for strings of complaints that are valid (a.k.a., you broke a rule) or you broke a rule in a singular and spectacular fashion.  

This, however, is way past entertaining. It's the same thing, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Same words, same narrative, same everything. And it spread to every thread to the point that they all look the same. 

That is not interesting, unless you have a very low threshhold for interest. 

Lastly, as an independent minded person ... although I don't think opposing forum rules qualifies one as that  ... self-moderation is the most independent thing you can do. 

thanks Z but dont bother

achy breaky and his lover jri accused me of something i didn't do, couldn't provide one iota of proof when challenged to do so so and now just call me names related to what i didn't do like spoiled children not getting their way-and it drives them both in a tizzy that people actually dont mind me here and - like you -support my reporting of rusty and bologna/whatever his name is

achy breaky has a problem with me reporting a poster who calls black people jigaboos and monkeys and called bob kraft a lying jew...that tells you all you need to know about his character or lack thereof

and isnt it amazing the way achy enables rusty and actually defends him/willfully ignores legitimate criticisms of him? ol' achy breaky thinks we are picking on poor russ-who has been banned a dozen times but it's never his fault

but this yahoo thinks he is better than me-but since he cant get the better of me he resorts to name-calling and baseless accusations, like his lover

watch his response to this post - it will be something brilliant like "jints is a rat"

btw, he and jri (his lover) are hilarious with their silly street tough talk

You can call me what you like, it seems you and mods have a thing for each other. You get to go around on this board calling people idiots and insulting them but as soon as someone types a retort towards you mod action happens against the poster. HMMMM. Perhaps it is because you are their secret Muridae.

Sorry dude the accusations aren't baseless. You are what you are. Instead of Secret squirrel you are secret Muridae. Keep up the good work. Do they pay you in cookies and milk or is it just your intrinsic nature that drives you.

BTW, the only thing that is silly is your over the top defense of yourself. 

as we can see still batting .000

calls names, says "sorry dude u are what u are" but when challenged repeatedly to back up his accusation?

nothing...

and the only people i have ever called anything are rusty and baloney for good reasons and now u and ur lover achenot because u have called me a lot of things without a shred of evidence-thats about it

this is getting silly and i offered twice to bury the hatchet and u two wont quit though u are being made fools of worse with every post...i am done i have proven my points and it's ll there in black and white for all to see

guess utwo can just go on ignore-shame tho in ache's case b/c he is a good and intelligent poster basically. you? well thats another story

dude

So for 3 +  years i had 2000 + posts never had a post reported or deleted. I have one post deleted which was a response to your usual inane drivel. i ask and they tell me I was reported and the policy is they don't supply that info of who reported me. i confront you and then i get banned. 

You go around here calling people "idiots' and every other name in the book and nothing happens to you. Things that make you go hmmmm.

If you consider me a poor poster then put me on ignore. I will continue to post here whether you like it or not. As much as I disagree with much of what Russ says he belongs here more than you do. As many have said here on this board you are no better than a troll.

BTW, all my posts are here for all to see. It is pretty evident that all of my discussions are football related except the ones with you.

If you looked at all of your posts its funny you have an issue with multiple people and your football discussions are few and far between.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

this is me. I watch ALL football and give props to anyone I see fit, but rusty takes it as being a troll or non fan. I told him once that I had directv and watched all the games and now he uses this same theory when questioned....smh. Anyone the Jets sign s*cks and anyone the Pats sign is great basically

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

do u realize what an idiot u sound like?

and still calling names ie: weasel

and stop trying to talk street tough u sound like a kid

No, but I fully comprehend what a moron you are sounding like right now. "Weasel" is a perfectly fine standard English word, and I will use it when it's appropriate to...like, for instance, to describe the role youve embraced for yourself here in this forum

Seek rehab!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Ache:  What happened to Robin?  Was she involved in this thread?  If she was banned then there is one person can hold responsible.  She has a history of writing letters to the moderators.  I had a simple post on Ortiz removed several times yesterday.

I am sure I am the next to go.  Pass my best along to Robin, I think she is great. 

To the moderators, when you start banning great posters like Robin, it means it is the begining of the end for the site. 

Hi, jack. Robin wasnt involved in this thread, and she isnt banned, but she is having some strange issue with the forums right now. She is only able to post a message in the Headline area, not in the message box. Very weird

I dont who/what is responsible for this dilemma. Hope it gets resolved soon though

I will pass along your good wishes

Good to see you as always

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Greg-Bedard's comment:

sit down achenot

I'm seated! I'm seated!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

What was/were your old handles? I've been here since they opened the forums, and through the change in 2005 when everyone had their handles deleted. 

Perhaps I recall the fight. We'v had some epic ragers, though the UD6 v TexasPat had to be the best. It was a clean fight most of the time and toughly fought for a few years. But it was always limited to one or two threads, and neither of them ran around making every single thread a venom spitting contest about proving one fantastical narrative. 

The screen name I kept getting banned with was "Thursby". Handle I originally signed on with was "WildOn". Hung out in the Commoner forum which used to part of the News forum back then until bdc broke it up following the makeover in 2008. Been kinda floating ever since

Didnt make it to this forum til a year and a half ago. Resisted the sports boards because I thought there were full of homers. There are some of those here, but a lot of wise football heads too. I was immediately impressed by the depth of knowledge of many of the posters here. Mad at myself for being such a johnny-come-lately to the place. I think I missed out on some really good football talk

You mentioned UD6. He strikes me as well informed, articulate, thoughtful. Dont  really get why all the old regulars hate him so much. I gather though he was a sumbitch during Spygate

I'm like you. Room enough here for everyone including fans from other teams

Yeah, don't recall those. 

I am mixed on UD6, not because he is a fan of another team, but because he's had moments where he drags the board into his obssessive Manning GOAT story. Around 06-07 he'd be here all the time, on a lot of threads, and every post ended with a spiel about Manning being better. Eveything. If it was about the draft ... well NE drafted better, so Manning had less to work with. Defense, special teams, officiating, anything. 

I can't stand posters that are half-track. He's been like that at points. At other times, we've even been congenial. He's become a better poster with age.  

Other times he is polite. As far as knowledge goes, he himself would admit he's an average fan on that front, he's said so before. He's not very bragodocious, which is saying something. 

Sections
Shortcuts