And I thought I was bummed out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J.Bolt. Show J.Bolt's posts

And I thought I was bummed out

Wait until UD's Colts lose the SB, what a crushing blow to the President of the Manning fan club. 
    The Colts will lose this game and Brees will be the game MVP.   

Will I be sorry? no.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: And I thought I was bummed out

yeah, depression didn't hit me until last night. Was sad to realize how far down the Patriots have fallen while the likes of the Colts have made it to the Superbowl.

Will be rootin' for dem saints!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Bolt, you stated the following:

"Wait until UD's Colts lose the SB, what a crushing blow to the President of the Manning fan club. 
    The Colts will lose this game and Brees will be the game MVP."   

RESPONSE: Sorry, my friend. But it will get worse in two weeks, when Indy wins their 2nd world championship. The Saints were lucky to beat the Vikings. The Colts are better offensively and defensively than the Saints. Plus, Manning is better than Brees.

Indy is a 5 point favorite. Lay the points...take the Colts, who should win by 10-14 points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

It could happen.  NO is a good team.  But I gotta tell ya, as I was watching overtime last night I just remember thinking "the Colts would beat either of these teams".  We'll see...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Well disagree, TP, other than the Patriots, what other team have the Colts played that have really challanged them. I think both the Saints and the Vikings are a better team than the Colts, besides Manning the advantage the Colts have is having been there before, and The Saints will be under enormous pressure to win.

I sure Manning feels he has to win - if only to get one more SB than his brother.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

would love to see the Colts lose - but ain't going to happen.  Colts will beat the saints in the SB. 

GO SAINTS!! Hopefully they play the Underdog role just right..! Who DAT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

And a very good morning to you, Gamer. You stating the following:

"...other than the Patriots, what other team have the Colts played that have really challanged them.

RESPONSE: Indy has played the AFC's best, and, other than the Patriots, who has challenged them? Nobody. Which is one of the reasons why I see them winning rather easily.  

I think both the Saints and the Vikings are a better team than the Colts,

RESPONSE: I beg to differ. The Saints peaked around mid-season, and haven't played particularly well since they beat the Patriots. In addition, they were lucky to beat Vikings yesterday...as Minnesota literally fumbled away a trip to the SB. Of the two teams, I felt the Vikings were the only team with a chance to derail Indy.

besides Manning the advantage the Colts have is having been there before, and The Saints will be under enormous pressure to win.

RESPONSE: Another reason why I expect Indy to win.

I sure Manning feels he has to win - if only to get one more SB than his brother. 

RESPONSE: I hope he chokes...and that you are right. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't think the Colts are that good, actually.  The Saints had a tough matchup against the Vikes D, but Indy can be had, I think.  Offensively, Indy is slow starting lately, and I think NO can put up some points on them and then hang in there in a shootout, which the Pats and Jets could not, remember, in both games Indy put up points while the other team scored NONE.  I am calling for a Saint win by 10 points.  You heard it here first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The geldings won't turn the ball over 5 times like the Vikings. And as we've all witnessed no matter what kind of defense you throw at Manning eventually they figure it out and shred it. They've done it to us, the Jets, the Bears as much as it pains me to say Peyton Manning and that offense are pretty darn good and no-one this side of '85 Bears are going to stop them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

IMO the Saints are a bad match up for the colts.  HEre's why, Indy's secondary gave up some big plays to a lesser receiving corps (comparing the Jet's to the Saint's WRs).

We know (first hand) how good and explosive the Saints O can be.  They have 4 or 5 options at WR and Brees is extremely good are hitting the open guy.  So you say ok we'll drop 6 or 7 into coverage then they come at you with the three RBs who have done a great job running the ball.
    Advantage Saints
    Defense more evenly match but the Saints are better at defending the pass than the run even though IMO they can stop the run as well as anyone.  I think Brees strikes quickly multiple times making the Colts throw more than they want.  The Saints will pick him off at least twice. 
    Advantage Saints (my a slight margin)
    Special Teams, when you have Bush returning kicks and/or punts you always run the risk of 6 points scored on that return.  The Saints cover very well kicks and punts, their kicker is solid as is Indy's. 
    Advantage Saints

Both are dome teams who will be playing outside, no home team advantage since both have the same number of tickets to be sold.  Experience, Manning plays in his second SB and this is Brees first.  There are a lot of season veterans on both teams so I don't think this is much of an advantage to either.

Playing for a city region, I would like to think NO has a huge advantage wanting to bring a SB win to a region that has been hit hard not only by Katrina but by the economy. 

Summary, GO SAINTS beat the Colts.

So much for the Colts been the team of the decade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I like Darren Sharper and Jonathan Vilma on the Saints' defense - I see potential for them to create turnovers.  I also like DE Will Smith against the Colts' line, which usually plays well above its talent level.  I think Smith could get pressure on Manning.

I think the Saints gave up a lot of yards because the Vikings' offense is more balanced than the Colts'.  The Vikings' running game is MUCH more of a threat.  Season averages had these two defenses about even, but the Saints had a significant advantage in turnovers.

I also think the Saints' running game makes their offense much more balanced than the Colts'.  Pierre Thomas and a resurgent Reggie Bush gives them a lot more versatility and talent out of the backfield - both are running and catching better than any of the Colts' runners.  And unlike the Jets, Brees can pass consistently, so the Colts can't stack the box nearly as much.

My gut says it's the Saints' year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Saints by 10.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J.Bolt. Show J.Bolt's posts

TEX:

The Jets and Ravens play a completely different style of football. If the New Orleans Oline shows up it's a long day for Bullitt, Bethea & Bunch. This game will have both teams in the high 30's / low 40's with the Saints on top.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Y'all could be right.  I don't think the winner of this game is decided yet.  However, one think I'll point out is that just like in the Colts' previous SB, football fans are failing to recognize that the team's stereotypical weaknesses are not necessarily the case at this moment.  That year, the Colts played fantastic defense (particularly against the run) in the playoffs, and yet the fans and analysts talked about how terrible the D was each playoff game.  I remember Eric Allen (I believe it was Allen) emphatically saying he would pick against the Colts for however long they last in the playoffs because they had "the worst defense he'd ever seen in the playoffs".  It was the Colts' D that won them the SB IMHO.

This year, we keep hearing about the Colts' horrible running game.  Did anyone notice that Addai had 5 YPC, and Colt RBs had 4.4 YC including garbage time?  At the same time Manning had a QB rating of 124.  My point is: how can you call the Colts "unbalanced" at the moment?  By way of comparison, the Saint RBs averaged 3.3 YPC and Brees had a rating of 106.  Not to mention the fact that the Colts D held the Jets #1 rushing attact to 3.1 YPC (RBs only).  I give the definite edge to the Colts, but I never believe that it's decided before the game begins...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Considering the username jbolted is alive and well and not banned, who exactly is J.Bolt?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Sorry Jbolt no matter what happens to Indy in the Super Bowl your pain will still hurt and the Chargers will still have blown another playoff game.  Same as the Pats.

Funny how fans of teams that lost somehow think things are better when there rivals loss.  Both the Jets and Indy went farther then the Pats and Chargers and no matter if they lose or not (jets did) doesnt make what happened to the Pats or Chargers easier to swallow.  They both blew it bigtime this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

caraway, is that a castle in Deutschland?  I am assuming it is, kind of small to pick out details.  putting that together with your abrams MBT pic, im guessing yes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: And I thought I was bummed out:
    caraway, is that a castle in Deutschland?  I am assuming it is, kind of small to pick out details.  putting that together with your abrams MBT pic, im guessing yes.
    Posted by Davedsone

A fair assumption I must say, but it's not Deutschland.  It's the castle in Karlstejn, Czech Republic.  I got married there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It'll be a shoot out, but the Colts will win. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The Colts have Peyton Manning.  The man to go down as the greatest qb of all time.  Atleast that's what was said on the radio last night.  After watching yesterdays game it's hard to argue.  I'm a Pat's fan and hate the Colts/Manning and hope they get their arses handed to them in Miami. 
    Manny was being got to at the beginning of the game but after about a quarter and a half he had the Jets defense all figured out.  It was down hill from there.  That being said,  it's obvious how much better the OL is than the Pats and how much more weapons they have at receiver.  Shut down Wayne and Clark and look at the day Collie and Garcon had. 
    Sad to say but I think Manning ends up with another Superbowl ring not to mention the MVP of the league and will probably end up MVP of the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

One other thing.  It's obvious that other than Revis the Jets secondary stinks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

It's a matter of achievement -  the Saints have overachieved by making the Superbowl - the Colts won't unless they win it. Although the NFC championship was the most entertaining game of the playoffs, both teams seemed to be trying to give the game away, each making a ton of mistakes. Colts win the Superbowl, and the game is over before the start of the fourth quarter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

sure Manning feels he has to win - if only to get one more SB than his brother.

The Manning's have a genuine desire to see each-other succeed and I doubt getting more titles than Eli falls in the top 1,000 of motivational factors for Petyon heading into the Super Bowl.

The Vikings did everything in their power to lose that game and the Saints still needed one last push from the Refs to get it done.  The Colts won't turn it over 5 times and will win by double digits. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J.Bolt. Show J.Bolt's posts

well...ur....aahh

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts