And Now It Begins - Revis To Hold Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: And Now It Begins - Revis To Hold Out

If history holds, any player who pulled this stunt and wound up getting "paid", never had the same success again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Early in the year, they will work this out. Revis will get his big money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: And Now It Begins - Revis To Hold Out:
    In Response to Re: And Now It Begins - Revis To Hold Out : Are you stupid?  He can play for 3 years/21 mil or he can hold out for 3 years.  So, is it only other teams players holding out who are a distraction?   Is it a distracton when Mankins claims he was lied to by Kraft and BB?  I wonder if Brady wants to play behind a shakey line the rest of his career.  May want to invest in a left tackle.  For a good one, the going rate is 9 mil a year.
    Posted by PatStats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: And Now It Begins - Revis To Hold Out : Are you stupid?  He can play for 3 years/21 mil or he can hold out for 3 years.  So, is it only other teams players holding out who are a distraction?   Is it a distracton when Mankins claims he was lied to by Kraft and BB?  I wonder if Brady wants to play behind a shakey line the rest of his career.  May want to invest in a left tackle.  For a good one, the going rate is 9 mil a year.
    Posted by PatStats

Don't know why this troll is fed. The Kraft family runs a very loyal and honest operation. I has been proven that RK did not lie to Mankins, he was offered a very good contract, but Mankins thinks he should be paid as QB, good luck with that one he's not that good. RG & RT have the easiest job on the line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I knew that, just f@@k up, to much W Turkey 101.  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

A guard is a glorified FB. Easily replaceable, but a CB in Rex Ryan's defense is a need. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

i hope he holds out.  he is damn good, no denying it.  i hope this escalates into a real issue and he doesn't play.  they have a history of telling players they would take care of them, and then hosing them, see Chris Baker and Leon Washington.  I would love to see this team of over-inflated egos tear itself to pieces over the summer and fall.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that no matter what happens with Revis and his contract status, Green New Jersey blows.

That is all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that no matter what happens with Revis and his contract status, Green New Jersey blows. That is all.
    Posted by p-mike

Yeah, that is a given, I just assume everyone knows this as part of growing up. Kind of like, "We need oxygen to live."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

I have no empathy for the unrestricted free-agents who do not have enough playing time to stay away from being listed as restricted free-agents.  As an example left tackle Logan Mankins was suppose to be an unrestricted free-agent but because of no salary cap he is a restricted free-agent.  Sign the offer sheet.

I become very upset when players sign a contract and do not complete the contract without both ownership and player agreeing on resigning the player to a new contract.  Cornerback Darrelle Revis has not completed his contract and ownership does not want to resign him a new contract.  With three years left on the current contract Revis should get into camp immediately or start being fined for every day he does not show up.

The difference between Mankins and Revis is Mankins completed his contract like a professional, maybe Revis can learn something from Mankins.

-Matthew 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I knew that, just f@@k up, to much W Turkey 101.  LOL
    Posted by southnpatsfan

Let me recommend the switch to Knob Creek. It's a nice clean Bourbon Buzz.That will straighten out your linemen for you. LOL

I couldn't tell you left, right, guard or tackle. O-Linemen all look the same to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

if i were revis i would hold out to. but i don't think he is right to demand a record-breaking contract

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: And Now It Begins - Revis To Hold Out : Do you see the irony here?  Mankins says he was told the same thing.  The Patriots made him an offer which apparently he does not consider "being taken care of'  The Jets did the same for Baker, Leon and Revis.  Let this be a lesson to those players who think that 'we'll take of you' means 'here's a blank contract, fill it out any way you'd like.'
    Posted by PatStats

You're comparing apples and oranges here. Reevis is in the middle of the 6 year contract he signed as a rookie. This is not the time to be holding out but he wants to "renegotiate" to become the highest paid player at his position, so he violates the contract by holding out.

Mankins played out his entire rookie contract, like a man with integrity. Now he wants to get paid on his next contract. This is the appropriate time to be doing that. No NFL player is going to come to camp without a contract.  Nothing whatsoever wrong with that, as I see it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Will Revis be a distraction this year? He already is and it's only mini camp.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Revis will probably hold out some of the pre-season this year and next but still play the regular season if the Jets don't renegotiate, but I can see him sitting out the final year then bolting to another team afterwards.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, the media can't be serious about the jests be a true contender, their team is nothing but patchwork.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

IMHO neither players have any leverage here , especially not Mankins LOL.  Cmon now , we dont even need to go into his situation , he plays for the Pats , 'nough said. Some people seem to think that the jets absolutely must pay Revis and give him some monster deal. I couldnt disagree more w/ that train of thought. If he was in our " read and react : type scheme I'd probably feel a little different. Obviously not because he's w/ us , because he would being doing it much more on his own. The jets play a " read and attack " style of D , where pressure is constant and a absolute must. His system is all about the front 7 , not the back 4. Sure it always helps when you have a guy like Revis , but anyone that knows football can see that their success comes from playing great TEAM D. Theres no doubt in my mind that they would still be a top 5 D w/out Revis. Id love to have this " good " problem though. Revis is a great player and should be paid like a top 3-5 CB. Again Ill give the guy his props all day , but lets get a couple things straight here. There are NO shutdown corners in todays game. Revis doesnt play guys man/one on one for more than a couple plays a game , maybe 4-8 plays. This is something that kills me , I hear people talk about him as if the guy lines up across from someone and shuts him down in man coverage all day. Not true , not even close to being true. If a nobody like me can manage to see most of the all 22/coach/game tape , then the losers that make up that dogchit sandwhich known as Felger and Mazz , NFL LIVE etc should be able to see it as well. One show that I really like and think is great is Playbook on The NFL Network. Every week they go over all the games that were played and show you the "all 22" from the "sky cam". I was at the first jets game when Revis allegedly shut down Randy , which couldnt be further from the truth. Moss actually beat Revis off the line and had steps on him multiple times. Moss beat him that day , I was there , I saw it happen and playbook did a very good at showing it. Of coarse you would never hear this from the "Media" because they absolutely su ck at life. Moss doesnt have 135/2 TDs and hes dogging it or he got shut down. I swear people on here do the same thing as well , they'll just repeat what some other loser-azzhole said , right after he just stole the same idea/thought from some other sh muck muck. Instead of actually looking at the tape and finding out for yourself that 12 was hurried all day and hit over 20 times , 21 to be exact. No WR/QB/RB is going to have a good day w that type of pressure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: And Now It Begins - Revis To Hold Out : Let me recommend the switch to Knob Creek. It's a nice clean Bourbon Buzz.That will straighten out your linemen for you. LOL I couldn't tell you left, right, guard or tackle. O-Linemen all look the same to me.
    Posted by ewhite1065

I'll have to check out "Knob Creek", but I have to warn you I love my Turkey, wake up clean an clear.

And your right left or right, what difference does it make, just get the damn job done!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thanks Laz, I was waiting for your take on Mankins.

Great post!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

excellent.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I didn't delete anything. I'll take your irrational Jets defensiveness as a sign of outright and total defeat on this.  Case closed. Final statement: Revis isn't done barking in 2010.
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ, why are you such an insightful poster on these pats boards and such a troll on the bruins boards??? LOL

Anyway, I think Revis will hold out. He's that type of player with a bloated ego who just wants to get paid. He is starting to become a distraction for the jets, which is good for us. I think NYJ is so overrated and will be exposed this year. They restocked their team with a bunch of washed up scrubs. I think they will implode and finish around 8-8. I also agree that gholston has been a major bust. That Rex Ryan defense should have helped him, and he hasnt done anything

Sections
Shortcuts