and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again!

In response to "Re: and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again! : We don't all still live with our Moms like you do.  Wait... I think I have a picture of you and your mom.... Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE] LOL....I don't think he's in a good mood tonight, "for whatever reason". I hope he's gone to bed and doesn't see that TFB, or he might keep you on here all night. I'm outta here. Been on here waaaaay too long tonight! The Patriots will win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

yes pats had the first choice of colors being home team--wished they would have chosen throwbacks-pat patriot or red!In Response to Re: and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again! : Did you have a choice?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

The Cowboys were the home team in SB13 and wore white as they usually do at home. They also were the home team against the Bills in SB 27 and wore white. I think they are the only home team to wear white in the Super Bowl.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

As a matter of fact I did.  Got a call from BB and he asked me what I prefered.  I told him and he said he would get back to me.  10 minutes later he called back and said I was out voted 3-2.  I hung up before asking why, then I came on here and posted they would wear the blues

Would you please tell Bill that I need that comp ticket? Oh wait never mind I'll just tell him at the clam bake. You bringing the little woman?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again!": [QUOTE]Me too! I wanted the red throwbacks also.  I don't like the blues again vs the Giants!  I want a explanation from BB for this!! Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE] I will give you an explaination. BB chose to go with same colors as 07 to show that his team is mentally tough. If he would have picked any other color then media would deifinitely make a huge issue out of this to say; oh they are scared of repeating the past and blah blah blah. This while untrue could cause major distraction.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They are the home team so they chose the uni's they wear. I actually like the Blues over the whites.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again!:
    [QUOTE]Why?  I don't like the blue jerseys again against the Giants!!  Just saying!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    Weren't the Giants the "home" team in 2007 and they chose to wear WHITE, therefore the Pats wore their blue at that time?

Besides, they've defeated the Broncos and Ravens in the Blues.  Would you change your "lucky" t-shirt now too?  I know this stuff is ridiculous, but, patterns are somehow important and this just might be one of them.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddoige. Show ddoige's posts

Who cares. They can wear pink so long as they win.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

This could quite possibly be the most pointless thread ever posted on here.  In any case, GO PATS!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

The rule changed in 1979. Thats when teams started getting their CHOICE of Jersey color.

In super bowl 40 (Pittsburg v Seattle) Pitt was the home team, but they chose to wear white because they had played all road games in the playoffs to get there and cowher didnt wanna change anything up. There was speculation that the packers were gonna do the same last year since they were in the same situatiion as 05-06 Pitt ie: road warriors. They chose home green though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again!:
    [QUOTE]Source? Just because you of all people say it, doesn't mean it's true. Post the source, please. Miami used to wear white at home (at times) and they were the "home team" in the SB that year. Miami was the home team, hence their choice.  Teams know Dallas prefers to wear white, hence why BB played Dallas at home this in NE's whites.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]
    Miami actually wore their blueat home in 71. In 72 they wore white at home, but the Redskins were the home team that year.(73 Super Bowl) In the 83 Super Bowl, the Redskins were home and wore white. So Dallas and Washington are the only teams to wear white at home I'm pretty sure. And Steelers in 06 if they did wear white.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]Don't sleep, It is, but note how it goes from basic talk abotu the history of the SB jersey selections to a troll announcing something that is false (league mandate for home team to wear "dark" jersey in SB in the 1970s), to me simply asking for proof because I was genuinely interested in learning about that aspect of NFL history. He then gets defensive, quite possibly because he's lying or just spouting off again, and then he tries to back pedal out of it, after I explain the facts. If the resident trolls, who had no genuine interest in learning and discussin, exchanging opinions, etc, just weren't here, the board we clearly be better.

I've noticed it all too much, bro.  It's sad.  Even with our boys in the Super Bowl, someone has to come in here and be a jerk for the purposes of being a jerk.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: and the Patriots pick the Blue Jersey's again! : I think you may be confusing the years.  Traditionally, the odd seasons like this one in 2011, the AFC is "home", but they now have a choice. NE could wear white, for example if they wanted. I am almost positive in Miami's 1972 undefeated season they were the road team.
    It started in 67. Green Bay was the NFL team and was home and wore Green jerseys. Next year(67 season 68 Super Bowl) they wore white, and that's has how it has been. NFL-NFC home in odd Super Bowl years, AFL-AFC home team in even Super Bowl years. I always go back to the beginning to figure things out. GO PATS. Wear whatever you want.

Sections
Shortcuts