Andre Carter is a Godsend!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Andre Carter is a Godsend!!

This was the free agent signing I was most excited about.

Watched him play since starting out in San Fran. A true professional who works hard and sets a great example to the young guys.

Also just another reason I never was sold on Big Al, because like many others, Carter didnt have good things to say about him and rightfully so and I dont believe Carter would lie about a teamate. Big Al is still on the ground in Tampa Bay BTW, who cares that he blocked an extra point.

Carter now has 8.5 sacks in the last 3 games, and although the Jets were d umb and kept trying to block him with that tight end Mulligan, I still think he is gaining strentgh and confidence and is one of the better free agents in years here.

Also props to Mark Anderson who is looking like a closer as he always gets sacks late in the game.

2 guys providing a pass rush that werent draft picks...who new!

IN other news..Cunningham came in to mop up and missed a few spots. Doesnt look good for him, IMO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Andre Carter is a Godsend!!

We finally have the right combo of a front four.

Carter, Wilfork, Deadrick, Anderson.

Cunningham is a project. I hope they don't give up on him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Indeed.

They are the HUGE difference between the loss to the Jets in the playoffs last season, and the two wins this season (both convincing).

NE had four sacks in three games against NJ last season, and none in the playoff game where Sanchez looked all too comfortable.

They have seven in two games this season. 

Cunningham is looking more and more like a backup. BB missed in the draft, but it is starting to look like he got a hit in FA. 

By week twelve we can talk about whether the defense is 'fixed' enough to make this team competitive in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

agree he is good.  but that means he won't be a patriot next year.  sucks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Anderson had a great game as well. One or two of Carter's sacks were a direct result of Anderson's pressure flushing Sanchez out of the pocket right into Carter's open arms

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

They better let this man retire here.  It would be a good move for B.B.

He needs a vet to mentor whatever pass rush demon they draft next year as well.

Yes, we will draft a lineman or OLB who can rush the passer! Book it

I hope Carter can play at this level for 2 more years, but who knows...

Atleast Anderson is young and he may be part of the future here as well.

As much as I liked Cunningham last year, at this point if we move forward in the 4-3 and can retain Carter, Anderson and get a draft pick, We may move on from Cunningham

I mean you now have Tarpanian and White playing more than he is....

With all the guys we have out and he still cant get in....IDK

What happened to Guyton also?  Didnt see him much yesterday. With Mayo back inside, they went to a lot of nickel I guess w/Nink outside. Atleast Nink made some plays and I cant say anything bad this week about him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I was hoping he would be one of those old time Brian Cox or Roman Phifer signings.  Very good pickup.  Once in a while BB finds a guy who still can play and who just wants to win.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thats big too Cables!  the fact he is winning here. I felt bad for him rotting away in D.C. on those bad teams. Now I bet he is happy to be a part of this. I could see him playing here for a couple more..

Now if we can just find a way to get Orakpo out of there and maybe Landry....

lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

No way he leaves NE.  I think he loves it here and if the Pats come close to another teams contract then he stays. 

I think they sign Anderson to another 1 or 2 year deal as well.

I think Cunningham will get a training camp under him and get healthy next season, but he can come in and sub for Anderson in a pinch. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Who knew that the Patriots added Deacon Jones and Mike Vrabel to the team before the game?

Pretty impressive. Let's hope the D keeps improving into the playoffs. They will have to beat better offenses than ones lead by Mark "lets hope the Jets dont trade him" Sanchez.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Carter is credited with 9 sacks, good for 4rth in the league I think. EIGHT QB hits yesterday, that is an impressive day at the office. BB was praising Carter a few weeks back on Sirius radio. Sounds like he knew what he was getting with him.

Don't forget the big game Nink had with the 2 int's a td and he was the guy on st that jumped over a defender to destroy the kick returner right as he jumped on the ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Carter and Anderson should be keepers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I think an underrated aspect of Carter is how complete his game is. People are just looking at his sack numbers, which is terrific, it's what's been lacking on our defense. But Carter is actually a very good, complete defensive lineman.

I remember there was some ratings earlier in the year from Pro Football Focus or a similar site that had Andre Carter as one of the top D-linemen against the run. This was a terrific FA pickup by Bill and, to me, he's been the MVP of the defense so far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Carter has been a great addition. I might put Waters in the great acquisition good bang for the buck catagory. The D managed to collapse the pocket a number of times (see Fork, Dreaderick and Love) and force Sanchez to make throws he is uncomfortable making. Or into the arms of the DEs and OLBs. IMO Ninkovich looked better in coverage than he has in the past. I don't know that the pass rush solution has been found (wait three weeks), but the rush and pressures are markedly  better than last year. I thought putting a TE out there to chip-block Carter failed miserably. He looked a young pre-injury Kearse at times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Andre Carter is a Godsend!!:
    This was the free agent signing I was most excited about. Watched him play since starting out in San Fran. A true professional who works hard and sets a great example to the young guys. Also just another reason I never was sold on Big Al, because like many others, Carter didnt have good things to say about him and rightfully so and I dont believe Carter would lie about a teamate. Big Al is still on the ground in Tampa Bay BTW, who cares that he blocked an extra point. Carter now has 8.5 sacks in the last 3 games , and although the Jets were d umb and kept trying to block him with that tight end Mulligan, I still think he is gaining strentgh and confidence and is one of the better free agents in years here. Also props to Mark Anderson who is looking like a closer as he always gets sacks late in the game. 2 guys providing a pass rush that werent draft picks...who new! IN other news..Cunningham came in to mop up and missed a few spots. Doesnt look good for him, IMO
    Posted by JayShizzle45

i think anderson is the reason carter got his sacks against jets. 
    those 2 need to play together to be most effective.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Andre Carter is a Godsend!!:
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

re:"They better let this man retire here.  It would be a good move for B.B.

He needs a vet to mentor whatever pass rush demon they draft next year as well.

Yes, we will draft a lineman or OLB who can rush the passer! Book it

I hope Carter can play at this level for 2 more years, but who knows...

Atleast Anderson is young and he may be part of the future here as well."

ive been thinking all the same things as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Andre Carter is a Godsend!!:
    This was the free agent signing I was most excited about. Watched him play since starting out in San Fran. A true professional who works hard and sets a great example to the young guys. Also just another reason I never was sold on Big Al, because like many others, Carter didnt have good things to say about him and rightfully so and I dont believe Carter would lie about a teamate. Big Al is still on the ground in Tampa Bay BTW, who cares that he blocked an extra point. Carter now has 8.5 sacks in the last 3 games , and although the Jets were d umb and kept trying to block him with that tight end Mulligan, I still think he is gaining strentgh and confidence and is one of the better free agents in years here. Also props to Mark Anderson who is looking like a closer as he always gets sacks late in the game. 2 guys providing a pass rush that werent draft picks...who new! IN other news..Cunningham came in to mop up and missed a few spots. Doesnt look good for him, IMO
    Posted by JayShizzle45

No, he is a BBsend.  To all the people who complain about the draft, GM etc moves on BB part, he picked the guy up.  Also he picked up Haynesworth, but we all knew that was a crapshoot, it just didn't work out.  He's smart, and knows talent.  He obviously was going on the "thow it all at the wall and see what sticks" method, and Carter wah stuck.  He has been solid the whole time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

After watching Carter and Anderson bring it all game Cunningham looked real slow in garbage time, lacks the burst other 2 bring.

Great pick ups, another big game out of that combo and they can start selling Tee Shirts like the 2003 Homeland Defense.  Need a nickname for the combo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

And he can play the piano. Nice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

I like both Carter and Anderson. Initially someone was calling Anderson was getting sacks only in garbage time. If you look at the game, he was getting chance or allowed to go all in only that time. May be BB has something to do with it. BB waited this long to go all out. He didn't want to show what he has until mid of the season. Probably we will slow down again until the end of the season, as we will be playing crappy teams and unleash again in playoffs! 

I wonder what's the problem with Cunnigham! How can he slow down like that? Any injury? Only problem is Carter is already 32. Otherwise we can sign them longterm. Sign them both for 2-3 years!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

atleast Anderson is only 26 I think.

He may be a future cog. I like him as a finisher. B.B. usually doesnt unleash the hounds until he absolutely knows the other team has to pass. Thats his m/o.

So if its a 2 score game and less than 4 minutes, this is when you the pressure.

That article on BDC right now on Carter is good. Talks about the phone call he got from Bill and how they were both blunt and to the point.  He spoke about have a humbling year when Shanny came in and moved to 3-4, making him a backer.  He is a class act for sure and like I though, Bill got him for his veteran leadership.  This is why I am confident in our line, we have enough vets now for them to work things out by themselves on the field. It was evident from the sideline footage, so these guys are working well together , esp. now that the anchor (Big Al) has beeen removed from the ship

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts