Andre Carter is a patriot!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Andre Carter is a patriot!!!!!!!

Another veteran DL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Andre Carter is a patriot!!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2555/andre-carter

player stats above !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Mike Reiss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Had a poor '10 season but had 11 sacks in '09.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Only Reason he had a poor 2010 season was because he did not want to play in a 3-4 which could be confirming the switch to a 4-3 where he had a good season in 11.5 sacks 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

We shall see... maybe Hayneworth put in a good word for him

I think I'd find it hard to maintain passion for football in an organization as poorly run as the Redskins

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Free-agent defensive lineman Andre Carter tweeted tonight that he is joining the Patriots.

"I am proud to announce that I will be playing for the New England Patriots for the 2011 season. [Thank] you for your prayers and support," Carter wrote on @mr_carter99, before adding that it was "time to hit the books; on to my playbook."

A Patriots spokesman did not confirm the signing tonight, but part of that could be procedural. The team generally does not confirm roster moves until the contract has been filed to the league.

The 32-year-old Carter has played for San Francisco (2001-2005) and Washington (2006-2010). At 6-foot-4, 257 pounds, he projects best to defensive end in a more traditional four-man line.

The Patriots have been utilizing a four-man line through the first stretch of training camp, with Eric Moore and Jermaine Cunningham the top ends. In the last three days, the team has added three new players to the mix -- Mark Anderson, Shaun Ellis and Carter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Sweet. Done deal now being reported by multiple sources.

Tom E. Curran

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

is he here because Jermaine Cunningham is having a bad camp ¿¿¿

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport

RT @RickMaese: @RapSheet good guy, solid D-end. Was bad fit as LB. Great w/hand in dirt and moving forward. 49ers tried him @ LB, didnt work

NEPatriotsDraft NE Patriots Draft
    Again, Carter brings some 3-4 / 4-3 versatility, but I doubt that he would sign on with the #Patriots if he wasn't going to play DE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Cant bode well for some of these other guys like Brace.........he must be still hurt or gonna do PUPto start the year. I also wonder if Mike Wright is not 100%.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

interesting signing, very under the radar signing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I read he did not want to play as a LB... he wants to play DL.

so is the 4-3 a sure thing now ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Wow they are adding a lot of depth on the d-line.  I'm still very happy with the Shaun Ellis signing but adding Andre Carter is solid too.  He still has to make the team like everyone else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's a good move. I like it better then Anderson because of track record. Both will compete for the sub package position as the pass rusher on edge but imo only 1 will survive camp.

Now this makes it very interesting as it seems like there will be a lot of competition for the sub-package rusher. With Wright, Ellis, Anderson, Moore, now Carter that's a lot of bodies for very few positions (I'm not counting Cunningham and Nin for right now as they appear to be the early down OLB's). I think the Pats are looking for quality from quantity. IMO they keep 4 of the above list coming out of camp. I still wouldn't be surprised to hear they sign Roth as he is a more well rounded player that gives depth to Nin and Cunningham

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Christopher Price

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Competetion along the D-Line is going to be fun to watch. I think Big Vince is really the only surefire starter at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

wow those sound like great stats for an under the radar player

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

cunningham might be headed for bench.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Cunningham is a decent player....but can anyone really say that he has shown any flashes of brilliance?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

BB not F**king around this year.  Me like

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

now roth

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Mike Reiss stated "Pats are going to be massively upgraded on D."  I absolutely agree with him.  I am very pleased with the moves the Pats have made.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I wonder if this is rekated to   albert haynesworth no practicing for a couple of staight days now ( not even in camp)

Sections
Shortcuts