Andre Carter is going to be a beast come 2011 for the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Andre Carter is going to be a beast come 2011 for the Patriots

When the Patriots signed Andre Carter, I loved the signing (Along with the signing of Shaun "Big Katt" Ellis). Reading from some of the practice notes, Andre Carter has been a handful for the offensive lineman and a guy of his size (6-4, 257 lbs.) with the powering strength and quickness on top of it and he's much better with his hand in the ground than standing up. I love all the acquisitions on the defensive line, but if i had to choose on that i think will be a problem for offensive linemen, I think it will be Andre Carter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Andre Carter is going to be a beast come 2011 for the Patriots

Great signing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Yep. Carter and Anderson could be an interesting combo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Andre Carter is going to be a beast come 2011 for the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]When the Patriots signed Andre Carter, I loved the signing (Along with the signing of Shaun "Big Katt" Ellis). Reading from some of the practice notes, Andre Carter has been a handful for the offensive lineman and a guy of his size (6-4, 257 lbs.) with the powering strength and quickness on top of it and he's much better with his hand in the ground than standing up. I love all the acquisitions on the defensive line, but if i had to choose on that i think will be a problem for offensive linemen, I think it will be Andre Carter.
    Posted by millergrnv[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree, experienced pass rushers don't grow on trees and for all the promise and growth of our young players...none of them look like the guy in that picture...guy is a freak.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I hope to see him soon. Lord, this is going to be a fun season!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots went from having a mixed bag at DE to having a dearth of wealth at the position: Anderson,Carter,Ellis,Warren,Wright and Haynesworth I know you've got to be kidding me right? Plus they still have all the young guys from last season Cunningham,Moore,Cohen,Pryor,Richards,Deaderick and Brace with all these bigs Wilfork must be extrememly happy....My only question is,how many of these guys will see the end of the season?????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffsgotgame. Show jeffsgotgame's posts

Im more excited about Anderson. From all the things i have been reading he is going to be a beast on the edge too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

To me, the key to Carter having a great season  is the pairing of Haynsworth and Wifork in the middle along with an outstanding defensive backfield. 

Teams are gonna have to double team someone along the defensive line and it will most likely be Wifork/Haynsworth which means Carter will be on-on-one with a tackle.  Having our solid defensive backs will make the QB hold onto the ball for just a split second longer  - which will give Carter the opportunity to rush him into a bad throw or a sack. 

This is what most Pats fans have been waiting for!  I've loved watching the dynamic offenses that Brady has led over the years but there's nothing like a dominating defense with attitude! 

Can't wait!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The difference between Carter and Anderson to me is that Anderson has more speed and Carter has more experience and moves. I'll take more moves and experience all day long. If you have Wilfork and Haynesworth in the middle Carter is going to get a lot of 1v1 setups. He has the moves and experience to ripe OL's apart. I think Anderson is going to be a great pass rusher but speed can be beat with the right blocker, but having the moves and experience of Carter is impossible to overcome 1v1.

A steady rotation of Ellis, Warren/Wright, Carter, and Anderson is going to be deadly and keeps them fresh all year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Imagine this 5 man rushing front.

Carter on RDE, Haynesworth RDT, Wilfork LDT, Ellis LDE

Guyton ROLB,           Mayo ILB,             Anderson LOLB

I don't think you have enough blockers to account for those 5 guys rushing the line and Guyton and Mayo covering the middle for the quick slant passes

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think you are forgetting that the Jets D is better than the 85 Bears

And that the Jets O has been practicing against them and will have no problem
    with the Pats D!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Andre Carter is going to be a beast come 2011 for the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I think you are forgetting that the Jets D is better than the 85 Bears And that the Jets O has been practicing against them and will have no problem with the Pats D!
    Posted by seawolfxs[/QUOTE]

There was a small miss understanding when Sanchez said that. What he actually meant was that the Jets D looked like the 85' Bears against him in practice. Which if you compare Sanchez's numbers last year to the numbers the 85' Bears D gave up to opposing QB's they are pretty close. I'm sure in 'practice' even the Jets D could make up that small of a difference given that Sanchez only had Holmes to throw to at that point. Heck I even heard that Justin Bieber was chasing down Sanchez all over the field.... or was it the other way around?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yeah, sounds like he has looked good in practice so far. i have a feeling he takes moore's roster spot. i know moore has been the top guy on the depth chart for now but he looked totally useless in the preseason game and practice reports about him havent sounded great. combine that with anderson's performance so far and i guess moore is out.
    i also have a feeling that cunningham doesnt play a lot of snaps this season if the veterans stay healthy. looks like he needs some more developing (which guys like carter and ellis should help with).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think the Carter Anderson book ends with big Vince Ellis, or Haynesworth in the middle is going to be killer!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

My understanding grom the NYpost is 
    that the Jets Offense  has looked God awful
    Jets O was saying that they look forward to playing
    someone else besides their great D

Just the facts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Our defense should be a Beast this year too, the way BB is revamping it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm beginning to think we are going to have to line up with Somerville high's team. How many more guys left or missed practice today? Ten, twenty? What the heck does Belichick do to these guys? Hand Meriweather a bat and say, start swinging G money!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't know. Carter is an 11 year vet and his greatest asset looks like durability. 11 years with what looks like 3 very good years. Lets hope the Pats catch lightning in a bottle, but to think Carter is a lock is risky

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Andre Carter is going to be a beast come 2011 for the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I think you are forgetting that the Jets D is better than the 85 Bears And that the Jets O has been practicing against them and will have no problem with the Pats D!
    Posted by seawolfxs[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows that.  McMahon is probably ***tting himself right now..there goes those records!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

They will have a killer line...love the Ellis signing
    http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/content/what-signing-shaun-ellis-means-ron-brace-brandon-deaderick-albert-haynesworth-and-patriots