Andre Carter Works Out for Cardinals!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Andre Carter Works Out for Cardinals!

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Report-Former-Patriots-DE-Carter-works-o?blockID=771651&feedID=10426

Carter reportedly worked out for the Raiders and Rams a couple weeks ago.

?
    ??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Andre Carter Works Out for Cardinals!

Looking for warmer weather

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

We got 2 sacks, and a fumble from Carter and Anderson's replacements.

At this point, I'd only want Carter back as depth, not a starter, I don't want him taking snaps from the young guys who are the future.

He is NOT supplanting Jones, who plays his natural side. So, in short, no thanks. Thanks for last year, but his usefulness has passed for this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wonder how he's coming along from that injury - I'd sign him if he was healthy - the NFL season is long and unforgiving...can't have too many good players. Especially pass rushers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He would probably want to play here but maybe he isn't all the way back from that injury. BB is always looking to improve the team and would have brought him back by now if he thought that he would help.

The Patriots have got to have the youngest defense in the NFL, other than  wilfolk everyone is under age 30. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i hope we can bring him in around week 6 for depth.  But i really think jones and cunningham/hightower/nink look really good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I wonder how he's coming along from that injury - I'd sign him if he was healthy - the NFL season is long and unforgiving...can't have too many good players. Especially pass rushers.

am with those who want to bring him in. but obviously theres not an agreement to come in once hes healthy if hes fielding options.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think there is an issue of money attached to this as well as developing the younger players. Carter had a big year last year, was better (if older) than Anderson, so on a one year deal if healthy I think he was looking for Anderson kind of money. I think he probably deserves that kind of money, but for the Pats ... nope. At some point they need to develop the young guys and this appears to be that year on both OL and DL. Early days, but based on preseason and the first game I don't think Carter is enough of an upgrade to justify paying him and retarding the development of the younger players. That could change in a minute with an injury.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts