Andre Carter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Andre Carter

Wow!  This guy was all over the place tonight.  Blew my mind how quickly he was getting to the QB and how often.  And what a motor!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Andre Carter

B-E-A-S-T!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's a beast.  Just look at how many guys on the Pats were early round draft picks.

Andre Carter- 2001, 7th overall
    Haynesworth- 2002, 15th overall
    Vince Wilfork- 2004, 21st overall
    Shaun Ellis-    2000, 12th overall
    G. Warren-     2001, 3rd overall

That's quite a collection of talent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Why does Andre remind me of Rodney Harrison so much?  I believe this guy has found his new home.  He's a real class act that should lengthen his career in New England.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I didn't realize how big he actually is until I seen him.  Bigger than I thought...love the motor...wow.  We haven't even had Ellis or Haynesworth out there yet.....hopefully these two join the party at some point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

nice solid veteran pickup...

teams gotta be p*ssen in their pants...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

Whats crazy is that he doesnt have an ounce of fat on him...as Matt Millen would say he's "100% USDA, man."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He looked great for his first game.

In my eyes, though, the single most disruptive defender NE has put on the field  this preseason is Mark Anderson. Opponents simply look like they are having trouble getting people in front of him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i am wondering how both carter and anderson managed to stay under the radar the entire offseason? not one person on this board posted about picking these guys up till after Belichick brought them in.  I guess that's why he is the master. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Also drew 3 holding penalties...Donald Penn, who was a Pro-bowler last season, was manhandled by Carter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The Guy was a MAN amongst boys and a big upgrade to our pass rush just as I expected.  Between he and Moore the qb is gonna be in the middle of a lot of DE sandwiches and the push up the middle as well will have the qb not knowing where to go....  I just hope this is what we have during the regular season. 

Looks like we the potential to make qb's lives miserable like we did in 03 and 04. Im very exicted about the potential and versatility of this defense and big Al hasnt even joined the party yet.  Watch out!!!  The Pats dominant Defense is Back!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: Andre Carter:
    [QUOTE]I didn't realize how big he actually is until I seen him.  Bigger than I thought...love the motor...wow.  We haven't even had Ellis or Haynesworth out there yet.....hopefully these two join the party at some point.
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!
    He is listed 6-4, 257lb, but with his long limbs, he looks a lot like Gronk!
    And Gronk, that is another story! He must have put on a few lbs of pure muscle, as he looks like a solid left tackle!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

Im going to catch sh*t for this but I didnt even know who Carter was till he got here, one of those random players I must have missed. And Mark Anderson too, where did these guys come from? Can anyone give me a run down on who they are and where they played most of their careers?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatBoard. Show PatBoard's posts

Like the commentators mentioned, Carter is very cut (very little body fat%) which is a good sign of stamina - I was impressed by how hard he went through that humidity (good prep for the Miami game).  I think what's even more impressive is that he still able to give decent pressure through double-teams, which of course open things up for the other guys

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Carter toyed with Pro Bowl LT William Penn. Let's not forget, just as impressive from the Outside was Jerod Mayo. He looks like he will be unleashed this year. Great Job with Sacks and pressure all night by Mayo. Warren also aquitted himself very well, might of played  himself back on the roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

He did look awesome. The pass rush is his specialty and I suspect we'll see him in any passing situation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

[QUOTE]Im going to catch sh*t for this but I didnt even know who Carter was till he got here, one of those random players I must have missed. And Mark Anderson too, where did these guys come from? Can anyone give me a run down on who they are and where they played most of their careers?
    Posted by MVPkilla-2010[/QUOTE]

Both of them are players who got swallowed up in roles/schemes that didn't showcase their talents.  For Carter, it was being moved from a hand in the dirt end to an upright LB in the Redskins switch to a 3-4.  Apparently he does best when he can uncoil from a sprinters position and attack the edge.  And yea, he is a beast:

Anderson got moved from the role he thrived in (pass rusher on 3rd down) to an every down DL and he jsut wasn't good at it.  Maybe he wasn't taught properly, or maybe he's a very situational player, but either way, he wasn't used properly.

BB is known for using players to their max advantage :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Killa is that you, what happend?  why the new sig.

Anyways A.Carter played his whole career in Wahington I believe. Has always been a solid rusher but not known for much else.  he kind of became a casualty becasue they have younf B.Orakpo who is a beast. Carter is a true professional and just the vet we need at that spot(none of our young guys have worked out there)  and will be a leader by his actions

M.Anderson started w/Chicago and had 12 sacks as a rookie strictly rushing but struggled the next couple years trying to do more things and resurfaced in Houston and played decent. I think he is actually a long shot as Carter and Moore are playing great and Cunningham is too young to cut, IMO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Really impressive. Carter is a big dude....He's probably a lot bigger than Chris Slade but he looks a lot like him to me physically......

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yes, Big Papa G.Warren looked good and is motivated to make the team. Cant have enough vets like this around.  Reminds of 2001 when we had guys like A.Pleasant and B.Ham to play roles and mentor the young guys. We have a perfect mix of Vets and Young players on defense right now.  A little young in the secondary but the veteran D-line will def. help them out

And where has M.Wright been?  Doesnt look for him right now.  We are stacked w/talent at the D-line position right now

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I love Anderson's rush game but he isn't forcing penalties. Carter on the other hand forced at least 3 holding calls, a FS, and still got to the QB. A 10 yard penalty is better then forcing an incomplete imo. But imagine putting both on the same side. Carter as a DE and Anderson as either a stand up or hand down OLB on the strong side for an exotic blitz. Talk about scary

I think both are going to be monsters which is great because it free's up Mayo. When you give Mayo space he is a demon out there. I think even Willis would turn his head and go Whoa! watching Mayo work

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Carter looks like he is fantastic shape, can't wait to see what he looks like playing next to Alby, VW AND Shaun Ellis.......

Anybody notice Warren G dominating the bucs o-line as well???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Carter was and continues to be a true force when used correctly which B.B. will do and Shanahan didn't.Mayo was everything you want a linebacker to be.If B.B. is doing with Haynesworth is what he did with Moss and he is able to go for the starter,this will be as good(and deeper)as any in the league.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I love Anderson's rush game but he isn't forcing penalties. Carter on the other hand forced at least 3 holding calls, a FS, and still got to the QB. A 10 yard penalty is better then forcing an incomplete imo. But imagine putting both on the same side. Carter as a DE and Anderson as either a stand up or hand down OLB on the strong side for an exotic blitz. Talk about scary I think both are going to be monsters which is great because it free's up Mayo. When you give Mayo space he is a demon out there. I think even Willis would turn his head and go Whoa! watching Mayo work
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

It's early, but what a surprise Anderson is turning out to be. You got to think with the right coaching and scheme...this guy will get you 8-10 sacks. Carter is the guy who will be out there more, because he plays the run better and will give you 7-10 sacks. It amazes me that last year we had very little for an outside rush and yet we won 14 games.