ANDRE CARTER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

ANDRE CARTER

Does anyone have any updates with regard to Andre's progress and or possible return to the Patriots?  Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Re: ANDRE CARTER

This just came out today....I really hope the Pats re-sign him.  (providing he is healthy)... the dude is a beast and I love his veteran leadership in the locker room.

According to SI's Peter King, free agent DE Andre Carter (torn quad) will be "ready to practice full-speed in training camp."
    King also passes along word that "some observers" believe the Ravens may be interested in Carter as a fill-in for RE/OLB Terrell Suggs (Achilles). However, King considers Carter ending up in Baltimore "unlikely." King believes the Patriots are still open to re-signing Carter after he notched 10 sacks in 14 games last season. May 7 - 9:39 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/436/andre-carter

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If healthy I'd love to bring Carter back. At worst he'd be a mentor to Jones and Bequette and show them some advanced rushing moves while being part of a spot rotation. At best he might give Jones and Bequette time to develop and get another dbl digit sack season.

Provided he's healthy it's a win/win for the Pats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Bring him back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Bring him back and see if he can win a job in preseason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'd be angry if BB let's both Carter and Anderson walk away. Especially Carter, Carter was a force in both passing and rushing downs. I'd hate to rely on two rookie edge rushers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

sign him now, worst case PUP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

My gut tells me he's coming back.  I think NE is waiting to see how he is and he's waiting for a contract. I'd be surprised if NE didn't turn to him soon and offer him a deal. 

There was an article about 2 months back talking about his comeback, his progress, etc, and the agent had called NE to check interest.  It was the usual, "we have interest, but we need to address other areas and then draft" kind of a thing.

I am sure there is mutual interest there. I think BB turned away from Anderson for money reasons and because he feels Carter does more as a 3 down player, even as an older player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Yeah, right. I claimed TBC was "great". I am sure all here believe you as the pathological liar you are.

Why don't you sign back in as Bustchise for the night, virgin boy.

Carter had a very good career before arriving in NE and wasn't a late rd pick TBC was.  How is Bryan Thomas doing these days? What about Calvin Pace? LOL!!

Enjoy 4th place, moron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: ANDRE CARTER:
    [QUOTE]Definitely resign Carter.  80% of Carters sacks came in a 3 game span, 4 of 10 against Wayne Hunter in one game.   It has TBC written all over it.  I remember Rusty claiming how great he was after his 10 sack year (5 against the Bills) and BB re-signed him to a 14 million dollar contract.  He was gone a year later and you're still paying him.   Think those rookies are gonna get 20 sacks this year?
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

I think the Jets should follow in their mindset...Sign him long-term for a lot of money and bring in another player to compete with him!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

bawahaaha

But, trade a 2nd rd pick first!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANDRE CARTER : Not a bad idea, but no need is a deep position for the Jets.  How stupid McDaniels must feel having his number one draft pick downgraded to a number 4 two years later.  

I am sure he is perseverating over that and the fact Brian Xanders just got fired by Elway....And I am sure that he would rather have Sanchez as his "#1" QB than Brady

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Sign him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Definitely resign Carter.  80% of Carters sacks came in a 3 game span, 4 of 10 against Wayne Hunter in one game.   It has TBC written all over it.  I remember Rusty claiming how great he was after his 10 sack year (5 against the Bills) and BB re-signed him to a 14 million dollar contract.  He was gone a year later and you're still paying him.   Think those rookies are gonna get 20 sacks this year?

well since Wayne Hunter is still the Jets' starting right tackle with Vladamir Ducasse as his top competition (seriously), I'd say Andre Carter could still be a force in two important divisional games

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Apparently, Mike Tannenbum has the market cornered on tremendous Tackle talent.
    The 2012 Jets should have outstanding competition at the position.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANDRE CARTER : Yep, new NFL rule.  Rosters are now set in May. I think the patsies only need to cut 45 players by tomorrow.  Ocho? McCourty? RasI? Brady before his 22 mil cap charge kicks in?

tons of top talent at tackle floating around in free agency. yup.  okay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANDRE CARTER : In May?  Are you really that stupid or just doing your best Rusty impersonation?

it was sarcasm, since you were so sure a few posts ago that Wayne Hunter could be replaced between now and the start of the season

since Andre Carter ate him alive, Vladamir Ducasse is his top backup, and there aren't any top free agent tackles on the market (no sarcasm this time so you can keep up), I'd say Carter would be a decent addition, if only to get after the Jets for those two games

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANDRE CARTER : When did Brian Waters sign last year?  Was he a FA in May?

You know more about the Patriots than anyone here. Do you have posters all over the walls in your room of Tom Brady, Gronk..ect..? I bet if one went into your basement room it would look like the Patriots pro shop lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]I'd be angry if BB let's both Carter and Anderson walk away. Especially Carter, Carter was a force in both passing and rushing downs. I'd hate to rely on two rookie edge rushers.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

BB didnt "let" Mark Anderson walk away. He signed a deal way above market for his talents. Good for Mark, but we need to move on and stop fretting about him.