Andre Gurode cut by dallas,.....maybe a stopgap for us?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Andre Gurode cut by dallas,.....maybe a stopgap for us?

IRVING, Texas -- The agent for Dallas center www.nfl.com/players/andregurode/profile?id=GUR332232" class="player-flyout">Andre Gurode says he has been released by the www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowboys/profile?team=DAL">Dallas Cowboys.

Agent Kennard McGuire confirmed the move in an email Monday.

The Cowboys forced Gurode to sit out Saturday night's game in Minnesota while they decided whether to trade, cut or release him.

Dallas will save $5.5 million against the cap by dropping Gurode, who has made the Pro Bowl the last five years.

Gurode is 33 and going into his 10th season. He's been durable, starting every game the last three seasons and all but two over the last five years. He had knee surgery in June.

I think he might be an upgrade in the center of our line and a short term stopgap to handle the bigger DTs in the league,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Re: Andre Gurode cut by dallas,.....maybe a stopgap for us?

Wow, I am surprised that someone wants to change out Koppen.  Personally, I would like to see Solder get in at right tackle at some point this season.  To me, the 'stopgap' position on the o-line is at right guard.  Hopefully, Connolly can continue to make improvements while he holds the spot for Cannon.  Maybe Connolly will be better off with Solder to his right than with Vollmer there.  I've been assuming that Cannon will not play this season.  As for late additions during the period of cuts, I would like to see safeties, recievers, and Alge Crumpler.  Put Crumpler over there on the right side of that line.  Our tight ends got confounded this weekend on protection, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Andre Gurode cut by dallas,.....maybe a stopgap for us?

Already a thread about this

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a6d839929-2c28-4e99-ba07-36d9f19e5ce6