Andre Johnson Go Get Him !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Andre Johnson Go Get Him !!!

Brady2Welker47

Just read rotoworld ...saying how A Johnson doesn't care about a lucrative contract but a chance to play on a super bowl contender...this is the missing link to the Super Bowl! You bring Andre Johnson and together with Brady will get another ring! Defense is no longer an issue with Premier secondary...only issue now is WR ..please go get A Johnson...he is missing link. Trade a pick this year one next year ...restructure contract once here and off we go for ring #4!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Re: Andre Johnson Go Get Him !!!

I wouldn't give up a first round pick for a guy that will turn 33 in 3 weeks. Houston would prob want multiple picks with one a first rounder. I would do Mallett and a 4th. And he is in need of a major contract restructuring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Texans have all the leverage and won't let him go with out something in return, I am sure they value him more to their team than other teams do for theirs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Andre Johnson would have the same effect on the offense as Revis will have on the defense.  If Andre can stay healthy and play to his potential, the Pats should be able to get and win a Superbowl with or without Gronk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

He is in my opinion the missing link! BB get it done!!! 

I'd love to see Brady light the scoreboard up with A Johnson and just shut up all the naysayers as he hoists the Lombardi trophy one more time!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Brady2Welker47

He is in my opinion the missing link! BB get it done!!! 

I'd love to see Brady light the scoreboard up with A Johnson and just shut up all the naysayers as he hoists the Lombardi trophy one more time!

Given Dobson's questionable status and reliability with his "deflicted" foot I must agree with you about Johnson. It's time to grab a #1 receiver because if Dobson misses precious camp time just trying to get on the field and staying healthy they might as well get a veteran #1 WR to get his timing down with Brady. I'm all in on this move. Enough on hoping the team's MASH unit guys come through when they have not for several years running.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Yes an overpriced, never done it, over the hill WR will bring it home... That the Pats are desperate.  If Johnson were in his prime he'd be the O equivalent of Revis.  

Unless he comes for a mid rounder AND is willing to re-do his contract ala Moss in 2007, it's not happening. Nor should it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Andre Johnson is a speedster and Brady doesn't throw downfield.  Brady throws six yarders to guys with lateral explosion, with the ability to body defenders out of the way and/or with wing span.  He marches the team downfield in long grinding drives of 10, 15 or even 20 plays that leave the defense's arms and legs out of gas, especially the defensive line which gets horribly gassed by the fourth quarter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

Croc! 16 games 109 Receptions 1400 yds receiving with you throwing him the ball....washed out! Far from it! Andre Johnson is a leader, stays in great shape, and is durable. BB make it happen! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My thoughts on trading for Andre Johnson, given what it would take to get him here and how much he has left are these:

No.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

You're not going to see BB overpay for this guy.  Not going to happen...unless it is on BB's terms, but he has no leverage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Lots of problems with this.

When a player says it isn't about pay look out.  He'll go to a team at his discount.  Time of contract to go along with that discount?  The cost for the Pats are going to be high.  Houston will make sure the release of Johnson is to their liking.  So a contract would also have to have some staying power to make sense for the Pats.  

I don't think the Pats have that kind of room under the cap.  

Is he really the missing link?  Think about it.  How did Seattle win?  How did the NYG beat us twice?  It wasn't the offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:

I wouldn't give up a first round pick for a guy that will turn 33 in 3 weeks. Houston would prob want multiple picks with one a first rounder. I would do Mallett and a 4th. And he is in need of a major contract restructuring.

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1, guy still has something left in the tank but at 33 how much, where's the cliff, and will he stay healthy are some big question marks that I wouldn't pay a lot for. Mallett and a 4th sure, it's like only giving up a 4th anyways but no way I would ever give up a 1st. He is better than what we currently have though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Some people think BB will just be able to magically sweep up any aging WR for a late round draft pick and put 2-3 good years on the back end of their career...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to dfitzp's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1, guy still has something left in the tank but at 33 how much, where's the cliff, and will he stay healthy are some big question marks that I wouldn't pay a lot for. Mallett and a 4th sure, it's like only giving up a 4th anyways but no way I would ever give up a 1st. He is better than what we currently have though.

I would do this too.  Not sure Houston or Johnson would. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Lots of problems with this.

When a player says it isn't about pay look out.  He'll go to a team at his discount.  Time of contract to go along with that discount?  The cost for the Pats are going to be high.  Houston will make sure the release of Johnson is to their liking.  So a contract would also have to have some staying power to make sense for the Pats.  

I don't think the Pats have that kind of room under the cap.  

Is he really the missing link?  Think about it.  How did Seattle win?  How did the NYG beat us twice?  It wasn't the offense.

Brady2Welker47

Giants and Seattle won with defense and for the first time in a long long time...NE has a championship secondary which in turn will help with pass rush! Missing link now is Andre Johnson on the Offense! BB make it happen! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Brady2Welker47

Giants and Seattle won with defense and for the first time in a long long time...NE has a championship secondary which in turn will help with pass rush! Missing link now is Andre Johnson on the Offense! BB make it happen!

=========

There were only a couple of teams that were offensive power houses that won the SB.  Indy and NO to mention two.  But the rest had defenses.

The cost for an aging WR that will have to learn a new system.  I just don't see it and you know BB will never pull this off.  You can wish it for sure but I wouldn't get to high on the matter.  The subject is so out of the Pats character that this post is really moot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Brady2Welker47

=========

There were only a couple of teams that were offensive power houses that won the SB.  Indy and NO to mention two.  But the rest had defenses.

The cost for an aging WR that will have to learn a new system.  I just don't see it and you know BB will never pull this off.  You can wish it for sure but I wouldn't get to high on the matter.  The subject is so out of the Pats character that this post is really moot.

Or it might possibly happen. I thought the revis signing was out of the pats character as well. But they did it. 

PI think anytime you can add quality players to your team, upgrading considerably, you try and do it. I wake up at night with vivd nightmares of Brady throwing to slater, mulligan and the rest of the crew warming the bench injury ridden. Dobson may miss time, has Lafell caught on?, can we trust amendola and Gronk? Can Edelman produce again now that teams now know what he's about? 

I don't like all the questions we have on our current WR corps as much as I don't like our DT situation and having to rely in large part on aging vets coming off significant injury. If it can be done at a reasonable cost (draft picks/trade for players), and Johnson will restructure, then I say go do it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

Some people think BB will just be able to magically sweep up any aging WR for a late round draft pick and put 2-3 good years on the back end of their career...

[object HTMLDivElement]

what he can't?   I'm stunned.  Well not since al Davis died anyway

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Brady2Welker47

=========

Or it might possibly happen. I thought the revis signing was out of the pats character as well. But they did it. 

PI think anytime you can add quality players to your team, upgrading considerably, you try and do it. I wake up at night with vivd nightmares of Brady throwing to slater, mulligan and the rest of the crew warming the bench injury ridden. Dobson may miss time, has Lafell caught on?, can we trust amendola and Gronk? Can Edelman produce again now that teams now know what he's about? 

I don't like all the questions we have on our current WR corps as much as I don't like our DT situation and having to rely in large part on aging vets coming off significant injury. If it can be done at a reasonable cost (draft picks/trade for players), and Johnson will restructure, then I say go do it.

[object HTMLDivElement]

This. I'm a bigger D guy than O guy and imo D's win championships but this late in the game if you have a chance to add talent that would be better than what you currently have you do it if the price is right. However, I don't think the price is right so I don't think it gets done, but doesn't mean it shouldn't be looked into either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

I agree ...can't break the bank on a 33 year old wr with a huge contract...but contrary to popular belief Texans don't have all the leverage...A Johnson might hold out and is only willing to goto a super bowl ready team. 49 ERS no they are set at WR ...Seahawks are always a possibility and seem aggressive enough to pull a move like this, Baltimore is set at WR. Carolina could use Andre Johnson, and us! Not many teams to trade with. Factor in O'Brien BB connection  ...and I think it can get done. A #3 this year and a conditional #4 along with Mallet may get him here....of course AJ would have to restructure his contract. A lot of ifs but like the Revis situation nothing is impossible. BB make it happen!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Anyone with a 10th of a brain would LOVE him to be here. I don't know if we can get him cheap enough though. And there are some other playoff caliber teams that are more likely to go after him more agressively money wise.

The Colts have a great QB and are a playoff team. The Packers of course. SF of course. Seattle of course. I even am wondering about St Louis! I think injuries kept them from being a revelation last year and this year they add a stud to O line and a stud to D line. Even the Ravens could be back in the game especially with a guy like Johnson.

Heck the Cowboys (Texas rivals!) could be a place for him to land. Or New Orleans?

Yes I would LOVE him here. I just am not going to hold my breath.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

My thoughts on trading for Andre Johnson, given what it would take to get him here and how much he has left are these:

No.

I gotta agree with this. How much is left in the tank and at what price? How long before he would become acclimated to the Pats' offense and get in sync with Brady?

Three years ago BB brought in a 33 year old receiver coming off an 800 yard receiving year with the Bengals. Ochocinco came at a cheaper price costing a couple later round draft picks but I think this signing still haunts BB. A.Johnson is coming off a better season and would cost more in terms of $$ and draft picks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

Ochocinco n A Johnson..

Apples and oranges...Ochocinco was always sandlot WR ...A Johnson consummate professional disciplined professional n highly productive with a cast of yahoos throwing him the ball...

Horrible comparison...sorry

In response to ATJ's comment:

No.

I gotta agree with this. How much is left in the tank and at what price? How long before he would become acclimated to the Pats' offense and get in sync with Brady?

Three years ago BB brought in a 33 year old receiver coming off an 800 yard receiving year with the Bengals. Ochocinco came at a cheaper price costing a couple later round draft picks but I think this signing still haunts BB. A.Johnson is coming off a better season and would cost more in terms of $$ and draft picks.

Brady2Welker47

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Pass

Sections
Shortcuts