Andre Johnson Go Get Him !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: Andre Johnson Go Get Him !!!

Brady2Welker47

Pass...yeah we have all the time in the world to pass...we are going to watch our hall of fame QB have not have that big time WR come crunch time BC we passed! 

Windows is closing fast...

Lastly for anyone comparing ocho stinko and AJohnson ...please don't drive tonight or anytime soon...apples and oranges

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Considering the receiver corps still isn't anywhere near what Brady had to work with in 2007. I'd say IF they could bring him in under their own terms money wise he'd be a steal.  

I fully expect that later this year I'll see threads about how bad the receivers are yet again this year though I hope they aren't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady2Welker47

Pass...yeah we have all the time in the world to pass...we are going to watch our hall of fame QB have not have that big time WR come crunch time BC we passed! 

Windows is closing fast...

Lastly for anyone comparing ocho stinko and AJohnson ...please don't drive tonight or anytime soon...apples and oranges

[/QUOTE]

Did he have a big name receiver when the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls? No

We had a big name WR (Moss), but lost a SB because our defense couldn't hold.

We had another big name WR (Welker), but he dropped a pass to seal the game, and then our defense couldn't hold the lead again.

TB doesn't need a big name WR, he needs WR's that can execute, and catch the ball. Plus we have Gronk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

Enjoy your bubble dude..you are clueless!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lots of problems with this.

When a player says it isn't about pay look out.  He'll go to a team at his discount.  Time of contract to go along with that discount?  The cost for the Pats are going to be high.  Houston will make sure the release of Johnson is to their liking.  So a contract would also have to have some staying power to make sense for the Pats.  

I don't think the Pats have that kind of room under the cap.  

Is he really the missing link?  Think about it.  How did Seattle win?  How did the NYG beat us twice?  It wasn't the offense.

[/QUOTE]

exactly.  a wide receiver is the least important positio on an nfl team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to oklahomapatriot's comment:

We had a big name WR (Moss), but lost a SB because our defense couldn't hold.

We had another big name WR (Welker), but he dropped a pass to seal the game, and then our defense couldn't hold the lead again.

TB doesn't need a big name WR, he needs WR's that can execute, and catch the ball. Plus we have Gronk

The Pats only scored 14 points in 2007 so while the D did pretty good holding the Giants to 17 including a freakish helmet catch the 'greatest show on earth' could only score 14 points.

If they can bring him in with acceptable numbers he's the best thing they can do to upgrade right now Or is there some game changing defensive player available right now?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My answer's still the same - no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

There are some in Houston that believe Andre is trying to force Houston into one more big payday with a large bonus up front. I guess he believes he may be a CAP cut after this season.

The cost of his deal, and the unlikely possibility that he would take a pay cut, make it almost impossible for him to come here.

But, he's no Ocho Stinko by any means and he would indeed put up monster numbers here. Just not happening.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to DrDribbleDits' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Revis n Browner make this defense into a top 10 defense...you got the game changer in Revis ...now go get your game changer on the O...balance is the key and a tall WR with the ability to stretch the field allows an offense to be balanced! NE can make playoffs without a problem but come playoff time the offense becomes predictable...a game breaker WR would do to the offense what Revis will do for the defense. Go get A Johnson!!!

[QUOTE]

When a player says it isn't about pay look out.  He'll go to a team at his discount.  Time of contract to go along with that discount?  The cost for the Pats are going to be high.  Houston will make sure the release of Johnson is to their liking.  So a contract would also have to have some staying power to make sense for the Pats.  

Is he really the missing link?  Think about it.  How did Seattle win?  How did the NYG beat us twice?  It wasn't the offense.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady2Welker47

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

Read again today how A Johnson wants out...please BB make.it happen...Bradys window won't be open much longer...please get him a legimate #1 WR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DrDribbleDits' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a WR is the LEAST important position on an NFL team??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

No, please no. I want the Pats to win another superbowl and with a guy like that on the team they never will. The O will go through him and he will get taken away during the playoffs! Happens every year!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Considering the receiver corps still isn't anywhere near what Brady had to work with in 2007. I'd say IF they could bring him in under their own terms money wise he'd be a steal.  

I fully expect that later this year I'll see threads about how bad the receivers are yet again this year though I hope they aren't.

[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, the Pats didn't win the superbowl in the 2007 season. Unless you want to get to another superbowl and lose it, why bring back that offense?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

We didn't win those Super Bowls because defense wasn't good enough! Now we have a championship secondary that will undoubtedly open up the pass rush...defense is set. Getting Revis took care of that ...now if you have an opportunity to get a true #1 WR you have to make it happen.. Our offense is good enough to get us to the playoffs but once there we bog down ..we need a true #1 WR that's Andre Johnson!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's better to have bad players.  You can't win with good ones.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

Brady2Welker47

Read again today how A Johnson wants out...please BB make.it happen...Bradys window won't be open much longer...please get him a legimate #1 WR.

[/QUOTE]

Is Johnson truly a number one still? I'm not sure he's the number one on his own team still. It seems to me that the torch has been passed to DeAndre Hopkins, and for good reason. The kid is damn good. For of the talk of Johnson being the "deep ball" threat that TB is lacking I'm not sure that he still posses the top end speed he had when he entered the league. I'm not saying he isn't awesome. Im not saying that the Pats wouldn't be better off with another top tier talent at receiver. I'm just saying I'm not sure a 33 yr old Johnson is the guy the Pats should trade draft picks for and pay that much money. 

Go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

[QUOTE]

Brady2Welker47

We didn't win those Super Bowls because defense wasn't good enough! Now we have a championship secondary that will undoubtedly open up the pass rush...defense is set. Getting Revis took care of that ...now if you have an opportunity to get a true #1 WR you have to make it happen.. Our offense is good enough to get us to the playoffs but once there we bog down ..we need a true #1 WR that's Andre Johnson!!!

[/QUOTE]

They had essentially the #2 offense last year. The offense is good enough.  Neither SF nor Seattle was even close to #2.  If they can get Johnson under their cap at a reasonable cost - definitely no 1st rounder - sure, but he's not necessary.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

over 10 mil in dead money for the Texans

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's better to have bad players.  You can't win with good ones.  

[/QUOTE]

The have very good players, should they unload them?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to teegee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

over 10 mil in dead money for the Texans

[/QUOTE]

Close to $12 mil, actually. However, his cap hit is almost $15 mil so they save money by moving him, and they can spread that dead money since it's after June 1.  On the other hand, salary cap space isn't a major issue at this point. Everybody is signed, all the expensive FAs are locked up somewhere. Unless you're going to trade for some big contract, there's no urgent need to free up cap space for 2014. You always want as much flexibility as possible, but it isn't that important right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

#2 ranked offense means nothing....like I said their in season offense is good enough...there post season offense is too predictable adding a player like Andre Johnson opens things up and gives Brady a tall WR in the end zone. As for Brady I'm not worried I think he will have a great year and prove all the naysayers wrong...all the great ones do...

lastly I don't what a 2007 offense but I sure as hill want an offense that can be diversified and that includes the credible threat of a WR who can stretch the field. That will further open up the run game and create some open pockets for Edelman and Amendola 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think the O did just fine against the Colts in the Divisional game.  For some strange reason the OL couldn't account for Trevathan (not exactly a legend) in Denver.  Even then Brady threw for 270 yards. They have addressed the OL which should result in a big improvement in protection.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Yeah, let's get another wr that there's a good chance can't learn the offense.  No guarantee he can pick up the offense and no guarantee he can stay healthy. 

The Pats' offense this year will be just fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Slim chance. WR may not be the least important position but it is way overrated. Belichick has shown that he does not overvalue WRs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, let's get another wr that there's a good chance can't learn the offense.  No guarantee he can pick up the offense and no guarantee he can stay healthy. 

The Pats' offense this year will be just fine.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed… They need to address LB depth and TE depth if Gronk is unable to go week one. The only way I see Johnson coming here is if the Texans cut him and he decides he wants to play for a contender under a heavily laden incentive based contract.