Andre Johnson Go Get Him !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Andre Johnson Go Get Him !!!

In response to croc's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

It's better to have bad players.  You can't win with good ones.  

The have very good players, should they unload them?

Apparently so, especially if they are WRs.  No one needs good WRs.  I read it right here on BDC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

Yeah, let's get another wr that there's a good chance can't learn the offense.  No guarantee he can pick up the offense and no guarantee he can stay healthy. 

The Pats' offense this year will be just fine.

Agreed… They need to address LB depth and TE depth if Gronk is unable to go week one. The only way I see Johnson coming here is if the Texans cut him and he decides he wants to play for a contender under a heavily laden incentive based contract.

I don't see Johnson coming here at all . . . too expensive and maybe more than we need to invest in at that position right now.  I do, however, continue to feel there are question marks about the receivers (broadly defined to include WRs, receiving TEs, and receiving backs).  I'd be a little more comfortable if we had one more veteran outside receiver with some size and speed.  If Dobson proves he's starter quality, then my concern goes away.  But until we get a guy who is a legitimate starting x receiver, I think the offense has a hole that would be better filled. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Yeah, let's get another wr that there's a good chance can't learn the offense.  No guarantee he can pick up the offense and no guarantee he can stay healthy. 

Agreed… They need to address LB depth and TE depth if Gronk is unable to go week one. The only way I see Johnson coming here is if the Texans cut him and he decides he wants to play for a contender under a heavily laden incentive based contract.

I don't see Johnson coming here at all . . . too expensive and maybe more than we need to invest in at that position right now.  I do, however, continue to feel there are question marks about the receivers (broadly defined to include WRs, receiving TEs, and receiving backs).  I'd be a little more comfortable if we had one more veteran outside receiver with some size and speed.  If Dobson proves he's starter quality, then my concern goes away.  But until we get a guy who is a legitimate starting x receiver, I think the offense has a hole that would be better filled. 

Pro, if healthy I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Dobson this year. Watching the kid play last year you could tell his focus was on route running and understanding the offensive concepts. I think with a year under his belt he will be more instinctive and we should see the pass catching prowess he showed in college.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

What kind of deal could the Pats structure to fit him in. I would think they would need to spread him out over 5 years, kicking the dead money can down the road. The pats are not in good shape next year against the cap, with many, many free agents needing to be signed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

What kind of deal could the Pats structure to fit him in. I would think they would need to spread him out over 5 years, kicking the dead money can down the road. The pats are not in good shape next year against the cap, with many, many free agents needing to be signed. 

I don't think they can. They only way he ends up here if he is cut and comes here as a FA on a heavily laden incentive contract… which I put that scenario at odds of about 3%.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

With out playing a down yet this season, I think I can honestly say I would prefer they use the money on Revis rather than Johnson. I say this after signing DA, Julien and Gronk, and drafting Boyce, Dobson 

This preference is in spite of being peppered the prior few seasons with "Mevis"...."most over rated player in the past 25 years"..... And "locker room cancer". Not that you would recall, but each and every time I marveled at Revis' play and abilities, I was shouted down as a "troll"....."Jets fan" and the all inclusive "BB hater"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Brady2Welker47

Pass...yeah we have all the time in the world to pass...we are going to watch our hall of fame QB have not have that big time WR come crunch time BC we passed! 

Windows is closing fast...

Lastly for anyone comparing ocho stinko and AJohnson ...please don't drive tonight or anytime soon...apples and oranges

Agree with you Brady to Welker!   Pats should go get him, however.......the problem I see here is will billy obrien even negioate with BB here knowing he is giving Brady a weapon like this in the AFc where the texans play.  I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this in an earlier thread but this is the problem I see.   I can see texans shipping him to Philly or Carolina in a trade before NE....get him out of conference, but that's just my opinion.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Do I dare say it again, but what about Larry fitz?  ....I remember everyone last year was chatting about this.....wouldn't mind him here! Or roddy white?   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Pro, if healthy I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Dobson this year. Watching the kid play last year you could tell his focus was on route running and understanding the offensive concepts. I think with a year under his belt he will be more instinctive and we should see the pass catching prowess he showed in college.

I am optimistic.  I liked a lot of what I saw last year from him.  Just hope the injury bug doesn't get him, because we're thin in that type of receiver.  I really like the idea of an offense that features Dobson, Gronk, Edelman/Amendola and LaFell/Thompkins/Boyce/etc., as the four in-line receivers because there's a lot of variety there.  Add in the receiving backs (Vereen and maybe White) and you could have a more diverse and dynamic passing offense than we've seen in a while.  But Gronk and Dobson both need to stay healthy, I think, because we get thin behind both. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Not sure Obrein can compete this year with the unsettled QB spot...so trading A Johnson would not hurt Texans in the short run because they have to build an offense to go with what looks like a formidable Romeo Crennel led defense.... response to NOISE's comment:

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Brady2Welker47

Pass...yeah we have all the time in the world to pass...we are going to watch our hall of fame QB have not have that big time WR come crunch time BC we passed! 

Windows is closing fast...

Lastly for anyone comparing ocho stinko and AJohnson ...please don't drive tonight or anytime soon...apples and oranges

Agree with you Brady to Welker!   Pats should go get him, however.......the problem I see here is will billy obrien even negioate with BB here knowing he is giving Brady a weapon like this in the AFc where the texans play.  I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this in an earlier thread but this is the problem I see.   I can see texans shipping him to Philly or Carolina in a trade before NE....get him out of conference, but that's just my opinion.   

Brady2Welker47

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

With out playing a down yet this season, I think I can honestly say I would prefer they use the money on Revis rather than Johnson. I say this after signing DA, Julien and Gronk, and drafting Boyce, Dobson 

This preference is in spite of being peppered the prior few seasons with "Mevis"...."most over rated player in the past 25 years"..... And "locker room cancer". Not that you would recall, but each and every time I marveled at Revis' play and abilities, I was shouted down as a "troll"....."Jets fan" and the all inclusive "BB hater"

only one idiot said those things about Revis

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

only one idiot said those things about Revis

[object HTMLDivElement]

lol your obsessed with the guy. Look at your avatar.  That's super creepy. Oh well Long Island/fire island says it all.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Actually it is better to have a whole bunch of average to good players. You can't win it all with elite ones. When the elite get taken away through injury or defense, the talent and execution drop off is too great to overcome! That's what made the 2001-2004 Pats so difficult to beat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Johnson's camp has stated that Andre would be willing to restructure his deal with a new team. Not a pay cut per say but a combination of signing bonus and pay that is more CAP friendly and would allow a new team to stay under the CAP.

The problem is compensation for Houston and the amount of dead money on Houston's CAP should he be cut or traded. They want a strong player or a high draft pick if they have to eat his dead money.

It's a standoff that will continue into training camp.

Make no mistake that should Andre come here he becomes the number one receiver by a mile.

Don't diminish the talent of a player who snags 1400 yds in catches playing for a team who had an idiot for a QB and a head coach that couldn't bother showing up to games in a timely manor during the 13 season.

To steal a line from Mazz I would indeed get a pants tent over Andre coming here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Actually it is better to have a whole bunch of average to good players. You can't win it all with elite ones. When the elite get taken away through injury or defense, the talent and execution drop off is too great to overcome! That's what made the 2001-2004 Pats so difficult to beat.

This is one of the most absurd things I've ever read.  It may be better to have lots of good players than to have one or two elite ones and lots of mediocre players, but having all elite players is certainly better than having all average players. 

Sections
Shortcuts