Andre Johnson wants out of Houston.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Andre Johnson wants out of Houston.

Per reports... Mallet for Johnson? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Andre Johnson wants out of Houston.

Are you insane? Johnson is a HOF receiver and they'll trade him for  a sad sack of a backup QB? C'Mon man!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you insane? Johnson is a HOF receiver and they'll trade him for  a sad sack of a backup QB? C'Mon man!

[/QUOTE]

They say he possibly is going to be released.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Unlikely...they're trying to see if there are any takers...they want someone to make an offer....someone with far more cap space will get him even if he IS released.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

[QUOTE]

Unlikely...they're trying to see if there are any takers...they want someone to make an offer....someone with far more cap space will get him even if he IS released.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I wanna give them mallet and a late pick even if that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Johnson has three years left on his deal and is set to count over $15 million against the cap. His contract would be hard to trade.

[/QUOTE]
    very true but Houston can afford to take the dead money this season as they continue to built. better to pay off the contract when youre bad not good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I believe his base is just $6.5 million.  Not sure exactly how his contract is structured, but Houston could be hit with all the dead money from the past signing bonus and the acquiring team would only have to worry about the ongoing annual salary and related cap hit. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

Would absolutely love to see Andre Johnson in a Pats uniform 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Johnson contract;

2014 base-$10M   bonus-$5.6M

2015 base-$10.5M bonus-$5.6M

2016 base $11M bonus-$3.6M

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is not a hof wr, dude.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is not a hof wr, dude.

[/QUOTE]

Eh, he may be. some people think Fitz is HOF material, Johnson has more accolades and better #'s

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Mallet and a second or third round pick. Johnson is past his prime. Don't get me wrong, the guys a heck of a football player, but I don't see the Pats giving up much more than that, if it were to happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

He is 33 yrs old ..   Contract way too much for 3 yrs...  Injuries starting to legs 

But Mallett  5th rd pick  for Johnson and 8 mill a year..

Otherwise PASS

Always Right.....at least in my mind

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If he's released, any team can negotiate whatever deal they want with him, they're not bound to his current deal. The Texans save $4 mil by releasing or trading him, and they could spread the hit over two years and save even more this year.  So it's absolutely possible they dump him.

Is it likely? No, it isn't. They didn't draft any receivers, and they're pretty thin there. So I doubt they plan to let their best one go to save some cap space. They probably think they can contend for that division, and they might be right. It's not like Indy is some superteam. I also doubt they have interest in Mallett at this point, they have four QBs, including one they just drafted. Three of them have more experience than Mallett.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

They will not get Johnson...and Mallet will play out the year and try to hook on with someone else, though I doubt he'll make near a million per.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Give them Amendola.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

If this wasn't soooo funny, it's be sad. 1) He's too old for the dough he's getting (there will be salary cap implications)  2) he's injury prone, as witnessed the past few years  3) Pats wuld pay too much for him, and not have $ availabl later on for better/younger FA's.

But, I'll help pass out the Kool Aid as the Pats could ALWAYS use another aging, overpaid, injury prone player, with a tremendous "up side".

ROFLMFAO!!!! 

Clue time: Houston isn't going to "eat" any of his contract. They can hope that he just walks away from the game, so they can stop paying him. He'd still be their property if he changes his mid later on. Can't just cut him as they'd take a $12m hit this season. Plus, do we really want another aging WR around Foxboro whining about a $30m+ contract? Did we not learn anything from Mr Moss and Mr Branch? I say admire him from a distance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give them Amendola.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Agree . . . I'd give them Mallett and Amendola plus a pick based on how Johnson performs . . . say, 3rd round if more than 100 catches, 4th round for more than 80, 5th round for more than 70, etc.   Giving up Mallett and Amendola would cut some the the salary to make Johnson's salary possible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....Clue time: Houston isn't going to "eat" any of his contract. They can hope that he just walks away from the game, so they can stop paying him. He'd still be their property if he changes his mid later on. Can't just cut him as they'd take a $12m hit this season. Plus, do we really want another aging WR around Foxboro whining about a $30m+ contract? Did we not learn anything from Mr Moss and Mr Branch? I say admire him from a distance.

[/QUOTE]

Retirement doesn't help the salary cap. Whether he quits, gets traded or is released or if he dies, the dead money still applies. I guess if he dies, then it really is dead money...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

At 33 Johnson is at the age where he's not dictating terms to anyone. and now Houston is stuck with an aging player, with big CAP issues, who doesn't want to be there.

His production does not justify his salary IMHO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Johnson contract;

[/QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

at 33yo in June

cannot be traded, cannot be cut, in a contract he cannot get out of

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Johnson contract;

[/QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

at 33yo in June

cannot be traded, cannot be cut, in a contract he cannot get out of

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he can be cut. They'd save $4 mil on the cap if they cut him, and could actually save more by spreading the hit. But at this point, he's their best receiver and what are they going to spend those cap dollars on? Could be traded, but he'd probably have to do a restructure to make it work for the new team.

Still caught 109 balls for 1,400+ yards last year.  Tank's not on E just yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Johnson carries a salary cap charge in 2014 of $15,644,583 and a cash contract value of $11 million.  If traded before June 1, Johnson’s cap charge for the Texans would be $11,964,166 representing a savings of $3,680,417 against the cap. If traded after June 1 the Texans would take a $4.644 million cap charge in 2014 and a $7.319 million charge in 2015. In either scenario the trade would help rather than hurt the Texans salary cap.

The more difficult aspect of the trade is to find a trade partner. Johnson has $34.5 million remaining on his contract, a huge number for a player that is about to turn 33 years old.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

This looks less like a player the Pats will be able to get and more like a player a team desperate to get over the top might be (whether that means getting into the playoffs or just selling tickets).

I don't know about cap space issues but I would think some teams interested might be (1) Cleveland (2) Jets (3) Dallas (4) Minn (5) Balt (6) Carolina (7) Seattle (just thin at quality there) (8) Washington (always willing to spend spend spend)