Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

Yeah there is no way Luck wins MVP.  He shouldn't even with ROTY because of RG III who is putting up ridiculous numbers without the benefit of a first ballot hall of famer at WR.  Look at the receivers on the Redskins and tell me who comes even close to scaring you.  Garcon is the best receiver they have by far and he's been injured most of the year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I lean toward RGIII as ROY, especially if Washington ends up making the playoffs, but Luck has had a great season too.  Nice to see two top picks living up to the billing.  I like them both.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Don't get me wrong I think Luck has shown he could be really good, but I don't think a guy leading the league in turnovers should sniff MVP.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

RG3 will get rookie of the year.  While both these QB's have done great this season I think RG3 deserves the rookie of the year.  As for Luck, I think he will have the better over all career when all said and done.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Although a little behind those 2, I would say Russell Wilson is a beast as well; and he's only 5'11!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Colts actually have some talent. They were just in the super bowl 3 years ago and they won that division 2 years ago. If someone other than Peyton Manning had gotten to choose the back up QB in Indy before this season the Colts could have been competitive last year. It wouldn't have hurt to have a head coach with a pulse also last year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Colts were in the playoffs 2 years ago, SB 3.  Luck is the most overrated player of all time.  His numbers are nearly identical to Mark Sanchez.  

Luck- 55.5% comp, 17TD, 16INT, 76.1 passer rating

So, that's 2nd in most pass attempts, 32nd in completion percentage, 14the most TDs, Leads the league in INTs, and is 29th in the NFL in passer rating.

If that's MVP numbers, how about Palmer, same number of passes, completed a higher percent, threw more TDs and less INTs for the 20th best rating.

Sanchez- 55% comp, 12 TD, 13 INT, 71.4 rating. (numbers nearly identical to Luck)

Heres what an MVP line looks like

Brady 65.8% comp, 25TD, 5 INT, 102.6 rating

I know, Luck had a couple of comebacks, but he wouldn't have to come back if he didn't keep stinking it up in games.  

MVP is going to come down to Brady, Manning, or Rogers.

ROY should go to Griffin

Griffin- 67% comp, 17TDs, 4INTs, 104.4 rating.  

So what logical reason should Luck get either award?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Luck's certainly in the conversation for both the MVP and the ROY. The kid is asked to shoulder a much greater burden than most rookie QB's are asked to do and while he may not win either award? He'll be near or at the top of the ROY vote and likely finish in the top 5 in MVP based on his teams ability to finish the deal and secure on of the wild card spot. What no one can argue is that of the three top ROY candidates Luck got the toughest draw...both the Seahawks (Wilson) and the Redskins (RGIII) came to the dance with good defenses and strong running games.

The ROY IMHO is a two horse race between Luck and RG III with Wilson from Seattle a distant 3rd (and closing...). If the season ended today, based on their respective stats it's hard to argue against RG III winning it. Clearly he's having the best individual season of the three. Where Luck might have a slight advantage over both is based on his perceived value to his team and that his name is in the MVP conversation. In the end how much weight will be given to value to his teams fortune vs individual performance will ulitmately decide who gets the trophy. Frankly Luck's not even a strong consideration for league MVP. Where both Brady and Manning in the AFC are in the hunt. When compared to either of them Luck's a distant 3rd....The front runner IMHO is the kid in Atlanta Ryan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

RG III or Doug Martin for ROTY, J.J. Watt or anyone not named Peyton Manning for MVP. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

I know Luck will get some very stiff ROTY competition RG3-who is fantastic-and I know some will cite numbers like QBR, TDs vs INTs, etc...but to me, if the Colts get 10-11 wins and Luck plays at the same level-including directly winning a couple like vs Detroit, I say the MVP has got to get serious consideration.

To be honest, just the hope and excitement he brought with him is worth MVP consideration.

if the redskins play well the rest of the way, you have rg3 (who i would take over luck if he continues to peform like he has and wash. surprises in the next several games), and there's watt who is one of teh best players on defense in the league right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Although a little behind those 2, I would say Russell Wilson is a beast as well; and he's only 5'11!

yeah steven, ive been on him since preseason wathing their games. few were in agreement till now.

wilson has teh hihgest qbrating in the leage since nov 1 (i posted a thread that didnt get much atention, but did get some "hate".

if wilson continues, i have him ahead of luck,  not that luck has nto been great. they ask him to put it up a whole lot which adds to his ints.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

RG3 will get rookie of the year.  While both these QB's have done great this season I think RG3 deserves the rookie of the year.  As for Luck, I think he will have the better over all career when all said and done.

rg3 is a better talent and if healthy i think gives more to his team. i think luck will have more around him (team/org/etc)  and therefore may look better as a result.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Adrian Peterson

Unlike the QB's who rely on varying degrees of help from their o-line and WR's, AP is getting help from no one.

Since Harvin got hurt the Vikes have zero passing game and a relatively poor o-line.

AP, coming off an ACL, is on pace for almost 2,000 yards despite facing 8 or 9 men in the box every game.

He's the single best player in football right now because he's doing it by himself.

Sections
Shortcuts