ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

By just stats alone, RG3 puts Luck to shame. I think Luck is going to be elite someday, and most likely lead his team to a superbowl or two. But his rookie numbers aren't even good enough to win ROTY. And to say he turned his team around from last year is a joke....the Colts took a knee all year just to get the pick....pure nonsense that he turned their record around!!

Luck has a huge career in front of him, and he will be one of the best eventually. But right now, he's not even in the same class as other MVP hopefuls....the numbers don't lie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah Luck should in no way sniff the MVP. I hate the argument that look what he's done with the worst team from a year ago. Before they tanked the season they were a playoff team, they still had enough players to stay a fringe playoff team if they had the right coach and a proper QB but the ownership intentional put pieces into place that would tank the season for Luck. To think they weren't going to be a fringe playoff team again with a decent QB and better coaching is absolutely silly.

Now RoTY I think he does have to be in consideration just simply because I can't name 5 players better then him off the top of my head. I think RGIII should get the node not just for his numbers but for what he's done for the Skins as a whole this year. IMO the Skins were worse off coming into the year then the Colts and have performed better then said Colts this year (given competition). After RGIII I might put Doug Martin and then tied for 3rd would be Wilson and Luck. Wilson has been impressive and has put up better numbers then Luck but Luck has had way more 4th quarter come backs which shows his value. If Jones didn't get hurt and got double digit sacks I think he'd have to be in consideration too but because of the injury he's dropped out of the race

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

MVP with a 1:1 TD to INT ratio??? This poster really knows football LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By just stats alone, RG3 puts Luck to shame. I think Luck is going to be elite someday, and most likely lead his team to a superbowl or two. But his rookie numbers aren't even good enough to win ROTY. And to say he turned his team around from last year is a joke....the Colts took a knee all year just to get the pick....pure nonsense that he turned their record around!!

Luck has a huge career in front of him, and he will be one of the best eventually. But right now, he's not even in the same class as other MVP hopefuls....the numbers don't lie.

[/QUOTE]
    What a bunch of baloney.  Who exactly on the colts "took a knee" last year?  These are just biased rantings without legitimate basis. 

As for the numbers, I remember so clearly when pats fans were gnashing their teeth over Manning getting credit over Brady due to his stats while Brady had the rings.  My how pats fans have done a 180 on that argument in the last few years.  

When generally everything else around you is less than stellar, give me the QB that will try to get something done vs. the careful QB.  Careful QB's only succeed when all else around them is good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah Luck should in no way sniff the MVP. I hate the argument that look what he's done with the worst team from a year ago. Before they tanked the season they were a playoff team, they still had enough players to stay a fringe playoff team if they had the right coach and a proper QB but the ownership intentional put pieces into place that would tank the season for Luck. To think they weren't going to be a fringe playoff team again with a decent QB and better coaching is absolutely silly.

Now RoTY I think he does have to be in consideration just simply because I can't name 5 players better then him off the top of my head. I think RGIII should get the node not just for his numbers but for what he's done for the Skins as a whole this year. IMO the Skins were worse off coming into the year then the Colts and have performed better then said Colts this year (given competition). After RGIII I might put Doug Martin and then tied for 3rd would be Wilson and Luck. Wilson has been impressive and has put up better numbers then Luck but Luck has had way more 4th quarter come backs which shows his value. If Jones didn't get hurt and got double digit sacks I think he'd have to be in consideration too but because of the injury he's dropped out of the race

[/QUOTE]

more myopia from the brainless. 

So when do you fire the coach who in his two years has a superbowl appearance and another playoff appearance? 

How much money does an owner spend, how much current and future cap does an owner give up to guarantee nothing? 

Please elaborate about how the skins were worse off this year than the colts? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Luck looked pretty pedesterian agains the Lions sunday and their defense is about the worst in the NFL.  The Colts have been pretty lucky to win 4 or 5 games that they did win.  And it all wasn't just because of Luck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Griffin III gets Rookie of the year.

Luck gets Rookie of the TANK year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

RGIII just for his rushing numbers. He will crush cam newtons numbers.  Lucks numbers arnt good enough for MVP.   russel Wilson should really be the Roy.  You wouldn't think he was a rookie by his play.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Here's my take.....

Luck has put up great numbers, but in the history of the NFL, no rookie QB has ever "engineered" this big a turnaround on his own. Not even the GREAT (Just ask him or the millions of his adoring media, er, fans) Pay a ton Himself, Elway, etc. Kind of makes you wonder just how "dreadful" the Colts were last season, knowing that they had the clear road to draft him IF they played possum. Can't prove it, but just saying. It's like the Chinese female swimmer in the last Olymipics that shaved a ton of time (in minutes) off the Olympic MEN'S record, let alone the woman's record. Hmmmm...... happens all the time.

RG3, on the other hand, has the 'Skins winning, as of today, 1 more game than last year. He's got all the "intangibles" that Luck doesn't have. Plus, I hate to do or say this, he's Afro American. Dare say it could come down to a racilayy motivated vote. But, eother way, ROY is one of them.

MVP, to me, is still out now. Too many games left. If Flacco can run teh table and put up numbers as he did vs the Pats, he's got to get consideration. So does Schaub and Foster, if he gets on a big rushing roll, which we all know can happen. Brady gets consideration if he gets close to 5000 yds again and has a ridiculous TD/INT ratio. Sorry, I kick Old Horseface out of the equation, as he clearly gets the COmeback Player award. In my book, you don't win both unless your head and shoulders above the rest of the league, and Denver's altitude isn't counting.

NFC candidates will ALWAYS include Rodgers (it's a Green Bay thing). Alex Smith, if he wasn't pulled because his HC falls for glitz, glimmer, and bright shiny objects, could have had redunculous numbers too, including a terrific Brady-like TD/INT ratio, on a 3-4 loss team. (Remember, he was a shanked FG away from going to last season's SB, and has out up better numbers this season.)  But, he's not flashy or a headline grabber. Too bad. If Adrian Peterson gets close to 2000 yds (can happen), he would be in the running (pardon the pun). Brees is out due to his team's fall from Grace. I'm not sold on Ryan or anything Falcons yet. I'd want to see how and if they can gut out tough playoff wins. Haven't yet, including last season (24-2 loss, anyone?).

Thre just isn't one single player today that is all by himself the headline grabber in all markets. I'm sure that, even after the season is over, the winner will come down to regionalized voting results, a la Heisman Trophy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It is nothing short of a miracle that the Colts have the record they have.  The other teams with comparable turnover margins or point differentials have terrible records.  Luck leads the league in turnovers.  In my view RG III deserves the nod for RotY because he has taken much better care of the ball which is the stat that is most correlated with winning.  Luck might have more wins, but the Redskins have played a much tougher schedule imo so who knows if that will last.  As for MVP well I don't think even Underdog takes that seriously.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Colts were in the playoffs 2 years ago, SB 3.  Luck is the most overrated player of all time.  His numbers are nearly identical to Mark Sanchez.  

Luck- 55.5% comp, 17TD, 16INT, 76.1 passer rating

So, that's 2nd in most pass attempts, 32nd in completion percentage, 14the most TDs, Leads the league in INTs, and is 29th in the NFL in passer rating.

If that's MVP numbers, how about Palmer, same number of passes, completed a higher percent, threw more TDs and less INTs for the 20th best rating.

Sanchez- 55% comp, 12 TD, 13 INT, 71.4 rating. (numbers nearly identical to Luck)

Heres what an MVP line looks like

Brady 65.8% comp, 25TD, 5 INT, 102.6 rating

I know, Luck had a couple of comebacks, but he wouldn't have to come back if he didn't keep stinking it up in games.  

MVP is going to come down to Brady, Manning, or Rogers.

ROY should go to Griffin

Griffin- 67% comp, 17TDs, 4INTs, 104.4 rating.  

So what logical reason should Luck get either award?

[/QUOTE]

I would never suggest that he get MVP, but he certainly has to be in the conversation for ROY. 

I'll use one of the very basic (and Patriot fan friendly stats-which I don't always subscribe to)  Wins.  He's got more wins than the others.  That's what Pats fans always used to say when comparing Brady and Manning.  As I said, however, I don't really subscribe to that but I'll use to support my further comments. 

1.  He has more wins with less talent.  Currently both Sea and Wash have top 10 RB's according to Football Outsiders but Indy doesn't have one in the top 20. 

2.  Football outsiders actually has Sidney Rice AND Golden Tate ranked higher than Reggie Wayne.  Griffin has Garcon back and Santana Moss is only a few slots below Wayne.  

3.  Rotoworld ranked the colts offensive line 31st in the preseason and Profootball focus has them most recently at 26th below all others. 

4.  Football outsiders has just ranked the colts defense 31st, climbing out of the cellar for the first week in many weeks while Seattle ranks 6th and Washington ranks 20th.

The point I am trying to make is that the colts just aren't very good, and many here know I mean this because I've said it countless times.  Has Luck made plenty of mistakes?  Sure, but look at what he has around him.  He presses which sometimes results in mistakes, because he has to press.  I remind all that Luck actually put the colts in position to win one of their games only to have it lost in the last minute on a 1st play from scrimmage 85 yard touchdown by the Jags.  And with only :45 left almost won that game too.  Otherwise, they'd be 9-3. 

Given the talent and experience (or lack therof) on this team, they should not have nearly the record they have.  In fact, most were predicting somewhere in the 3-4 win range. 

There is nothing else anyone can point to for this team's success than Luck.  Yes, you could include Wayne, but Luck has to throw him the ball, and its not as if Wayne is a breakaway receiver. 

No running game.  No oline.  No defense.  8-4 and currently holding down the top wild card position. 

He deserves consideration. 

[/QUOTE]

Let me help you here.  Football outsiders is a bunch of baloney.  Wayne is one of the NFL's best receivers and the Colts defense is OK.  Considering the QB is a turnover machine Im surprised their stats aren't worse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Seriously Underdog complains about CHFF and then tries to use another website to argue that first ballot hall of famer Reggie Wayne is worse than Sidney Rice and Golden Tate.  LMFAO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's my take.....

Luck has put up great numbers, but in the history of the NFL, no rookie QB has ever "engineered" this big a turnaround on his own. Not even the GREAT (Just ask him or the millions of his adoring media, er, fans) Pay a ton Himself, Elway, etc. Kind of makes you wonder just how "dreadful" the Colts were last season, knowing that they had the clear road to draft him IF they played possum. Can't prove it, but just saying. It's like the Chinese female swimmer in the last Olymipics that shaved a ton of time (in minutes) off the Olympic MEN'S record, let alone the woman's record. Hmmmm...... happens all the time.

RG3, on the other hand, has the 'Skins winning, as of today, 1 more game than last year. He's got all the "intangibles" that Luck doesn't have. Plus, I hate to do or say this, he's Afro American. Dare say it could come down to a racilayy motivated vote. But, eother way, ROY is one of them.

MVP, to me, is still out now. Too many games left. If Flacco can run teh table and put up numbers as he did vs the Pats, he's got to get consideration. So does Schaub and Foster, if he gets on a big rushing roll, which we all know can happen. Brady gets consideration if he gets close to 5000 yds again and has a ridiculous TD/INT ratio. Sorry, I kick Old Horseface out of the equation, as he clearly gets the COmeback Player award. In my book, you don't win both unless your head and shoulders above the rest of the league, and Denver's altitude isn't counting.

NFC candidates will ALWAYS include Rodgers (it's a Green Bay thing). Alex Smith, if he wasn't pulled because his HC falls for glitz, glimmer, and bright shiny objects, could have had redunculous numbers too, including a terrific Brady-like TD/INT ratio, on a 3-4 loss team. (Remember, he was a shanked FG away from going to last season's SB, and has out up better numbers this season.)  But, he's not flashy or a headline grabber. Too bad. If Adrian Peterson gets close to 2000 yds (can happen), he would be in the running (pardon the pun). Brees is out due to his team's fall from Grace. I'm not sold on Ryan or anything Falcons yet. I'd want to see how and if they can gut out tough playoff wins. Haven't yet, including last season (24-2 loss, anyone?).

Thre just isn't one single player today that is all by himself the headline grabber in all markets. I'm sure that, even after the season is over, the winner will come down to regionalized voting results, a la Heisman Trophy.

[/QUOTE]

There was a QB, not a rookie because he was fourth string his first year.  But his first year playing he turned a 5-11 team into a Super Bowl winner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll use one of the very basic (and Patriot fan friendly stats-which I don't always subscribe to)  Wins.  He's got more wins than the others.  That's what Pats fans always used to say when comparing Brady and Manning.  As I said, however, I don't really subscribe to that but I'll use to support my further comments. 

1.  He has more wins with less talent.

[/QUOTE]

Could you possibly give us more proof of how pathetic a homer and dishonest you are?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

The point I am trying to make is that the colts just aren't very good, and many here know I mean this because I've said it countless times.

[/QUOTE]

The Colts aren't very good, but they are 8-4 because of the 29th rated QB?

Sometimes you make even Rusty look intelligent (and honest).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I remember so clearly when pats fans were gnashing their teeth over Manning getting credit over Brady due to his stats while Brady had the rings.  My how pats fans have done a 180 on that argument in the last few years.  

[/QUOTE]

More nonsense. Manning got credit for his stats. It's just that tools like you wanted to discredit Brady's wins and rings as being applicable.

You    are    a    phoney.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously Underdog complains about CHFF and then tries to use another website to argue that first ballot hall of famer Reggie Wayne is worse than Sidney Rice and Golden Tate.  LMFAO.

[/QUOTE]

Doggy doodie is a joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts were in the playoffs 2 years ago, SB 3.  Luck is the most overrated player of all time.  His numbers are nearly identical to Mark Sanchez.  

Luck- 55.5% comp, 17TD, 16INT, 76.1 passer rating

So, that's 2nd in most pass attempts, 32nd in completion percentage, 14the most TDs, Leads the league in INTs, and is 29th in the NFL in passer rating.

If that's MVP numbers, how about Palmer, same number of passes, completed a higher percent, threw more TDs and less INTs for the 20th best rating.

Sanchez- 55% comp, 12 TD, 13 INT, 71.4 rating. (numbers nearly identical to Luck)

Heres what an MVP line looks like

Brady 65.8% comp, 25TD, 5 INT, 102.6 rating

I know, Luck had a couple of comebacks, but he wouldn't have to come back if he didn't keep stinking it up in games.  

MVP is going to come down to Brady, Manning, or Rogers.

ROY should go to Griffin

Griffin- 67% comp, 17TDs, 4INTs, 104.4 rating.  

So what logical reason should Luck get either award?

[/QUOTE]

I would never suggest that he get MVP, but he certainly has to be in the conversation for ROY. 

1.  He has more wins with less talent.  Currently both Sea and Wash have top 10 RB's according to Football Outsiders but Indy doesn't have one in the top 20. 

2.  Football outsiders actually has Sidney Rice AND Golden Tate ranked higher than Reggie Wayne.  Griffin has Garcon back and Santana Moss is only a few slots below Wayne.  

3.  Rotoworld ranked the colts offensive line 31st in the preseason and Profootball focus has them most recently at 26th below all others. 

4.  Football outsiders has just ranked the colts defense 31st, climbing out of the cellar for the first week in many weeks while Seattle ranks 6th and Washington ranks 20th.

The point I am trying to make is that the colts just aren't very good, and many here know I mean this because I've said it countless times.  Has Luck made plenty of mistakes?  Sure, but look at what he has around him.  He presses which sometimes results in mistakes, because he has to press.  I remind all that Luck actually put the colts in position to win one of their games only to have it lost in the last minute on a 1st play from scrimmage 85 yard touchdown by the Jags.  And with only :45 left almost won that game too.  Otherwise, they'd be 9-3. 

Given the talent and experience (or lack therof) on this team, they should not have nearly the record they have.  In fact, most were predicting somewhere in the 3-4 win range. 

There is nothing else anyone can point to for this team's success than Luck.  Yes, you could include Wayne, but Luck has to throw him the ball, and its not as if Wayne is a breakaway receiver. 

No running game.  No oline.  No defense.  8-4 and currently holding down the top wild card position. 

He deserves consideration. 

[/QUOTE]

Let me help you here.  Football outsiders is a bunch of baloney.  Wayne is one of the NFL's best receivers and the Colts defense is OK.  Considering the QB is a turnover machine Im surprised their stats aren't worse.

[/QUOTE]

What??? A boston based football site.  Baloney??  Isn't that sacrilege??  I fear for your boston soul my friend. 

I have no issue with any one taking any site's rankings with a grain of salt.  That said, its not a subjective site.  Its a statistical site, so no one there is calling the colts d bad just because they want to. 

Say what you will about Luck, but there's not another rookie in the league that is expected to do more for his team than Luck.  And regardless of his int's, his efforts have produced an 8-4 record when only a few were expected. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CHFF is primative compared to Football Outsiders.  They take common stats that are already compiled, combine them with other stats - Rank each one - then add each of the catagories rankings and divide by the number of catagories.  Its a lazy man's statistical analysis that anyone of us could have come up with.  Its as if the guy who came up with this was like a food and beverage writer instead of a math guy or statistician.  Oh wait...

At least Football Outsiders is attempting to construct something unique.  I am not even trying to say they are right, but they've built a strong reputation on unique analysis that many believe has some merit.  Its not "lets combine yards per carry and time of possession, rank each catagory, add the rankings and divide by the catagory and we'll call it the hog index". 

How pedestrian is that?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's my take.....

[/QUOTE]

There was a QB, not a rookie because he was fourth string his first year.  But his first year playing he turned a 5-11 team into a Super Bowl winner.

[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that QB got an entire year in a professional system, got to practice against some of the best defensive players of the decade for an entire season and two offseasons, and although you correctly aren't calling him a rookie, you'd like to compare him to those rookies? 

Is that what you are saying?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1.  He has more wins with less talent.

[/QUOTE]

Could you possibly give us more proof of how pathetic a homer and dishonest you are?

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not embarrass myself by appearing like you. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The point I am trying to make is that the colts just aren't very good, and many here know I mean this because I've said it countless times.

[/QUOTE]

The Colts aren't very good, but they are 8-4 because of the 29th rated QB?

Sometimes you make even Rusty look intelligent (and honest).

[/QUOTE]

Depends on the rating that makes your case for you.  ESPN's QBR ranks him 6th.  Rusty always makes you look dumb. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I remember so clearly when pats fans were gnashing their teeth over Manning getting credit over Brady due to his stats while Brady had the rings.  My how pats fans have done a 180 on that argument in the last few years.  

[/QUOTE]

More nonsense. Manning got credit for his stats. It's just that tools like you wanted to discredit Brady's wins and rings as being applicable.

You    are    a    phoney.

[/QUOTE]

Not nonsense at all.  Pats fans happily throw around Brady's stats today, but as his stats have improved he has no rings to show for them.  This isn't at all a criticism of Brady, its simply a reminder of the way things were around here and how they've changed and how that change has changed regarding your perceptions of others. 

A phoney wouldn't stand by his statement.  I stand by this. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[/QUOTE]
    What a bunch of baloney.  Who exactly on the colts "took a knee" last year?  These are just biased rantings without legitimate basis. 
    [/QUOTE]

Are you trying to deny the FACT that the entire Colts team tanked the season just to gain the number 1 pick??? So to answer your ridiculous question....THE WHOLE TEAM!!!

If you truly believe that they didn't take a knee last year to get that pick, you are seriously delusional.

I actually think Luck is a great QB who has the tools to be HOF. But he isn't even close to sniffing any kind of MVP this year.....get real.