ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

Jints, did the Mayan Calander also predict Eli falling apart in the 2nd half of games this year?  1-3 in their last 4?  Was that on the docket?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to soups' comment:

Jints, did the Mayan Calander also predict Eli falling apart in the 2nd half of games this year?  1-3 in their last 4?  Was that on the docket?

eli isnt 1-3 the TEAM is...u kind of get that right?

It not the avatar. Its you--- why are you on here? Seriously, why are you on here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

If you are here just for conversation, why not answer me?

Is it because, I have not given you a reason to call us cheaters? Or a good spot to bring up spygate? What is it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

In response to shenanigan's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

Luck deserves votes, for sure. 1-15(?) to winning. HE won't come close to getting it, but a few votes for sure. 

Don't be suckered by pure stat lines either. 

HE's been asked to do much more than RGIII IMO from a QBing perspective. RGIII takes off and runs, this masks the fact that he has only thrown for 2000 yards, and might not break 3000. Sorry, but I can't see a clear cut advantage in a QB in who has that RB, that defense, and doesn't crack 3000 yards. RGIII could get a vote, but he isn't head and shoulders above Luck.

In five years, Luck will be going to Pro Bowls while RGIII will be a footnote. 

Personally, I think Brady is a slam dunk at this point, kind of dragging a bad defense over the threshhold again, putting up historic numbers with an offense that has been terribly injured. But there are others who deserve votes. Luck is surely one of them.

Weren't you preaching efficiency stats yesterday.  The reason Luck throws 40 times a game is simple, the coaches aren't doing a good job.  There's really no excuse for relying on a QB who's that inefficient.  it's like the run vs pass argument on here.  You don't continually run it if it doesn't work, but you don't continually pass it if if it doesn't work either.

I look at it like this.  If RGIII threw 40 times a game would he have 4000 yards?  Efficiency stats show that about 30 QBs would have more yards than luck if they had thrown as many passes.  Gross passing yardage totals mean very little and have no correlation to winning games.  Passer rating and completion percentage and turnovers are all correlated to winning games.  Things Luck does poorly.  

not only do you have an anti-luck agenda but he is going to make a major fool out of you in a few years...

No, he's making a fool out of you this year.  I never made any claim about how he will play in future years.

I don't have an anti-Luck agenda, I just won't buy into another 1st round, sure thing HOF QB when the last 20+ have been failures.  Look at all of the HOF QBs from now going back-

Brady-6th round

Manning-1st overall

Favre- 2nd round

Brees- 2nd round

Marino- 27th overall

Montana- 3rd round

Warner- undrafted

Elway-1st overall

So in 30 years only 2 of the first picked QBs lived up to their hype and most of the HOF guys came from unexpected spots from the 2nd to undrafted.  I think HOF quarterbacks are like black swan events and the chances that anybody can predict one are very slim (as history has shown).  So I will declare him great when he plays great in the NFL, and I haven't seen anything close to it yet.

thats all fair and I agree with you...but it seems you have no problem annointing RG3 while knocking Luck so that tends to dilute the point a bit

but yes ur right no position will get the hype or have the spectacular busts quite like QB

Well RGIII is a top 5 QB efficiency wise but like Alex Smith he has not had to carry the team or do anything in the playoffs.  So I would vote RGIII for ROY, but further than that...  Not much else.  Best rookie this year isn't really a huge accomplishment historically.  I just can't get past Luck's completion percentage and INT's.  Modern NFL QBs complete 60%+ of passes other than Tebow.  I need to see more.  Maybe his coaches just tossed him to the wolves, but still I've seen too many rookie QBs come out and be efficient in the last 5 years for me to ignore the numbers (Newton, Dalton).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:

Is it because, I have not given you a reason to call us cheaters? Or a good spot to bring up spygate? What is it?

I have never seen him call us cheaters.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

Are these Patsie fans REALLY accusing another team of cheating?  BAHAHAHAHA!!!   PRICELESS!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

No doubt, the Colts' Andrew Luck. No player, rookie or not, has meant more to a team than Luck, who has shouldered so much of the responsibility for his team's success. An overhauled 2-14 team has persevered in close games in large part because Luck has had five game-winning drives in regulation or overtime. The Colts' 7-1 record in one-possession games speaks volumes about how their rookie passer handles pressure. He's on pace to shatter NFL rookie records for pass attempts, completions and yards. He's already won more games than any No. 1 overall rookie in history.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

RG3 has thrown for 2,497 yards, 16 touchdowns. 

Luck has thrown for 3,596 yards, 17 touchdowns.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/andrew-luck-sets-nfl-rookie-record-passing-yards-213032676--nfl.html

Where does Andrew Luck rank among NFL quarterbacks at this moment? Are there 10 quarterbacks in the league better than him? Five?

What Luck is doing in Indianapolis so far this year is among the most impressive feats a rookie has ever pulled off. Behind his NFL rookie record 433 passing yards, Indianapolis beat Miami 23-20 to improve to 5-3. In a watered-down AFC, the Colts have a great shot at a playoff berth, which is amazing.

This is the same franchise that was in serious danger of going 0-16 last year. The Colts didn't add much in the free-agent market this offseason, realizing they faced a long-term rebuilding project.

But they added Luck. And now they are halfway to a 10-win season and a wild-card berth. Sometimes success in the NFL is as easy as having a great quarterback.

Luck was dominant against the Dolphins. He completed 30 of 48 passes for 433 yards, with two touchdowns and no interceptions. He broke the Colts' rookie record for passing in a game -- set by Jack Trudeau with 359 yards in 1986, of course. Were you expecting someone else?

The Colts had a more memorable rookie quarterback who set records that Luck is gaining on. ESPN Stats and Info said Luck is the second rookie in NFL history with four 300-yard passing games. The other was Peyton Manning in 1998. Luck has half a season left to add to that total.

Two Colts receivers had 100-yard games on Sunday: Donnie Avery and T.Y. Hilton. That's not exactly Swann and Stallworth. The Colts could go from a team that started 0-13, brought back a roster that isn't dramatically better than last season and had the horrible situation of coach Chuck Pagano being diagnosed with leukemia during the season, to one that goes to the playoffs. Luck's impact on the first half of this NFL season can't be overstated. He should be considered a legitimate MVP candidate through eight games.

If Luck isn't already considered in the elite tier of NFL quarterbacks, his inclusion on that list will be an easy decision very soon, especially as the Colts start to add pieces around him. Indianapolis picked the perfect year to be awful and earn the first overall pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

While RG3 is getting most of the pub and the ESPN talking heads drool over his every play, Andrew Luck is quietly going about his business of turning around the worst team in the NFL last year into a winning team. ...and setting rookie passing records in the process.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

Andrew Luck has more wins than any rookie No. 1 pick in NFL history

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

thanks babe :  )

like u said NEVER called Pats that, never gave much creedence to Spygate and have never brought it up or mentioned it no matter what the subject or argument-not once

hell I support brady and welker more than some pats fans here which is ridiculous

and most of the time i talk football and do not get personal-unlike some including one major yahoo who does nothing but get personal and insulting

You are full of it. I have seen you say that. I am not going to go through 10,000 threads to find them. Your agenda is obvious.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

thanks babe :  )

like u said NEVER called Pats that, never gave much creedence to Spygate and have never brought it up or mentioned it no matter what the subject or argument-not once

hell I support brady and welker more than some pats fans here which is ridiculous

and most of the time i talk football and do not get personal-unlike some including one major yahoo who does nothing but get personal and insulting

You are full of it. I have seen you say that. I am not going to go through 10,000 threads to find them. Your agenda is obvious.

At least with leon, you know where you stand. It's a lot easier to ignore him because he doesn't come on here with any false pretenses.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts