Andy Fauntuz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Andy Fauntuz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Fantuz

why not give this guy a look. We just worked him out Practice squad?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Andy Fauntuz

yeah i liked what i saw when i posted about he workout earlier this week. He looks like he could be a solid target. not the fastest but he runs great routes and has great hands. i would like to hear more about his blocking abilities though.  The problem is if we sign him who do we cut?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

In Response to Re: Andy Fauntuz:
    [QUOTE]yeah i liked what i saw when i posted about he workout earlier this week. He looks like he could be a solid target. not the fastest but he runs great routes and has great hands. i would like to hear more about his blocking abilities though.  The problem is if we sign him who do we cut?
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Didn't the Pats just release a DL today?  Was wondering who they were making room for....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

if he got signed, do you think he might see some game time?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They looked at three players yesterday Aikens,Fauntuz and Cohen. They signed Cohen,so they cut a DL and signed a DL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Being a Canadian in Canada I'll pass on the following about Fantuz:

He's got good size, very soft hands, and is an intelligent route runner.

BUT I don't think he has NFL WR speed, or upper body strength to deal with physical corners.  I think he'd find it difficult getting separation from CBs, as he has to go frorm a standing start off the line in the NFL ... in the CFL the receivers are in constant motion, and essentially line up 4-5 yds behind the line and take a running start to the line of scrimmage, and break the line on the timed snap. It's really stupid .... I hate CFL f-ball ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

Yeah I live in the city where Andy Fantuz plays football in Canada and CanadianPat pretty much has it spot on. Great hands and great route running just does not have NFL speed. Definitely would be cool to see him playing for the Pats though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

As another Pats fan in Canada (and one that even enjoys CFL football as a pleasant diversion when the NFL isn't on), I'm skeptical as well.  I think the games are pretty different.  Canadian football gives the receivers all sorts of advantages--a running start, the defense lined up a yard back, a wider field to work (and a much bigger end zone), and even a better ratio of eligible receivers to defenders. (The offense has so many advantages that they have to give them only three downs, because with four downs they'd probably score on  every possession.) Plus the talent level overall in the CFL is not nearly the same as in the NFL. Fantuz has a lot of skills, but I think it's very rare that a CFL guy can make it in the NFL.  Maybe Fantuz is an exception--and I'd root for him if he were--but I'm skeptical he'll end up in the NFL.  Then again, nobody thought Welker or Woodhead would be starters either . . . .  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

I would cut a guy like mark levoir or thomas clayton. Im sure he isnt the fastest but neither is welker and 30 somthing deon branch they just get open and brady gets them the ball.