ANDY REID......Maybe a very smart move indeed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

ANDY REID......Maybe a very smart move indeed?

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had these thoughts besides myself... Could it be that Andy knows something everyone else doesnt? Just think for a moment on this, Donnie Mac yes he can get you wins, but in the most important of games he does choke. Anyone remember the Superbowl with the Patriots where it was said he acted totally unsure, totally lost, if it wasnt for T.O. in that game doing what he did McNabb would have looked much worse.
    Anyway, could it be that sending him to Washington was a smart move? Reid knows all of McNabb's moves, his do's and dont's his weaknesses and most of all knows McNabb chokes under pressure, not to mention his beat up body. If I was a horse race owner I would certainly sell my over the hill nag to my nearest rival. Could it be Washington just got su ckered in on the old bait and switch sort of way? Anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

Re: ANDY REID......Maybe a very smart move indeed?

it works both ways... mcnabb knows that defense too he's practiced against it for 11 years!!! i dont know how mcnabb chocked he got trumped by a superior defense plain and simple... the eagles have always had a pass oriented offense but never gave mcnabb the weapons. he had T.o for one season and made the superbowl... they finally get him some receivers then trade him... some of his nfc championship loss can be blamed on a defense that knows nothing but blitz blitz blitz... Mcnabb is the best qb the eagles have ever had, before him they didn't sniff a superbowl for 20 years... he's very underatted deep down inside we all know why

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Calling someone a choker because he was defeated by a New England defense in the early years of the decade doesn't makes sense. Our defense was really good. It wasn't a good idea trading McNabb in the division. He's a borderline FHOF, like Elway, Shanahan can make him a HOF.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: ANDY REID......Maybe a very smart move indeed?:
    OBVIOUSLY ANDY REID KNOWS STUFF THAT WE DONT KNOW.... HES THE COACH OF THE TEAM YOU A FRICKING MORON WHO CARES, EAGLES ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE
    Posted by Gulo

dayamn dude, ease up no need to name call.

the purpose of this forum is to discuss topics on patriots fans minds. be a little more congeal. now you can call non-patriots fans morons, no problem there 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Calling someone a choker because he was defeated by a New England defense in the early years of the decade doesn't makes sense. Our defense was really good. It wasn't a good idea trading McNabb in the division. He's a borderline FHOF, like Elway, Shanahan can make him a HOF.
    Posted by 49Patriots

McNabb has choked most of his career not just against that Patriots in one game, as in cant win the big one. Also its doubtful that you can make someone a Hall of Fame Qb, they either have it or they dont.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

it works both ways... mcnabb knows that defense too he's practiced against it for 11 years!!! i dont know how mcnabb chocked he got trumped by a superior defense plain and simple... the eagles have always had a pass oriented offense but never gave mcnabb the weapons. he had T.o for one season and made the superbowl... they finally get him some receivers then trade him... some of his nfc championship loss can be blamed on a defense that knows nothing but blitz blitz blitz... Mcnabb is the best qb the eagles have ever had, before him they didn't sniff a superbowl for 20 years... he's very underatted deep down inside we all know why
    Posted by 81pats12

Patriots won Super Bowls without superior recievers, then Patriots got Moss, but no ring yet. So the point of super recievers is not a good one, also Dan Marino had 2 of the best, but no Super Bowl rings

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Gulo, got 2 words for ya, would you like to guess them or would you like me to spell them out for ya! And Gulo ro coulo, no one cares what you think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to ANDY REID......Maybe a very smart move indeed?:
    Just wanted to see if anyone else has had these thoughts besides myself... Could it be that Andy knows something everyone else doesnt? Just think for a moment on this, Donnie Mac yes he can get you wins, but in the most important of games he does choke. Anyone remember the Superbowl with the Patriots where it was said he acted totally unsure, totally lost, if it wasnt for T.O. in that game doing what he did McNabb would have looked much worse. Anyway, could it be that sending him to Washington was a smart move? Reid knows all of McNabb's moves, his do's and dont's his weaknesses and most of all knows McNabb chokes under pressure, not to mention his beat up body. If I was a horse race owner I would certainly sell my over the hill nag to my nearest rival. Could it be Washington just got su ckered in on the old bait and switch sort of way? Anyone?
    Posted by Stompper

I don't quite remember what exactly TO did that didn't start with the ball in McNabb's hands throwing it to him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

"Could it be that Andy knows something everyone else doesnt?"
    im pretty sure that Reid know stuff that no one outside of the eagles organization knows...
    after all, hes the coach.
    and im sure that baiting the redskins was not Reids priority, the skins after all are the eagles least likely threat in the division, and he just made them a better all around team...

thanks for pointing out the obvious: (1.) that Reid knows things, cuz he's DA COACH and (2.) your intelligence, or lack thereof

IS THAT A BETTER TONE FOR YOU GUYS?!?!?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: ANDY REID......Maybe a very smart move indeed? : Patriots won Super Bowls without superior recievers, then Patriots got Moss, but no ring yet. So the point of super recievers is not a good one, also Dan Marino had 2 of the best, but no Super Bowl rings
    Posted by Stompper

Ok i hate explaining this but here we go.... patriots won without superior receivers because we were commited to the ground and pound and awesome defense all tom brady really had to do is throw 5,10,15,20 yard passes... the way we played defense back then cannot be done anymore because rules have changed... the eagles have always been committed to the passing game... it doesn't make sense to be a pass first team without great pass catchers... as for marino he had the offense but not the defense or a running game(neither did mcnabb) and everybody knows the running game chews up the clock wears down the defense making them easier to pass against... we didn't get a ring with moss and welker because our defense couldn't sack eli, stop a helmet catch or catch an interception... people conviently forget moss caught the would be go ahead TD in that superbowl... come on man we ripped the league apart with moss and welker are you serious?? the same defensive guys that people on this board talk about we miss and need(vrabel, harrison ect) couldn't sack freaking eli manning when they had him in their grasp, or stop a helmet catch or catch a freaking interception... THINK ABOUT THAT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

81pats12..."Mcnabb is the best qb the eagles have ever had, before him they didn't sniff a superbowl for 20 years... he's very underatted deep down inside we all know why"...

Is the Answer... he's not very smart... ala "wow there are Ties in the NFL?!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Look McNabb is better then Campbell soup guy, is he going to be made better by Shannahan? Probably. Will he still do bonehead things?... Probably but in SHanahan's style of offense he won't be allowed to run his own plays he will be in a scripted system. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

It will be intersting because both Reid and Shanahan are good coaches who understand offense (I think the Eagles were best when Garcia was qb in 2006, of course B west was in top form). The NFC East will be filled with decent offenses (Dallas prob the best) and decent offensive coaches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

81pats12..."Mcnabb is the best qb the eagles have ever had, before him they didn't sniff a superbowl for 20 years... he's very underatted deep down inside we all know why"...   Is the Answer... he's not very smart... ala "wow there are Ties in the NFL?!"
    Posted by DaBlade

you got to be pretty freaking smart to be an nfl QB for 11 years if you can do it on physical ability alone ryan leaf and a whole bunch of other "bust" Qbs will still be in the league... just check out what one of his peers that has played against him many times has to say
     http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/12603/brooking-calls-eagles-offense-predictable

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoBS14. Show NoBS14's posts

We will find out if Andy Reid or the Eagles Franchise made a smart move...once Kevin Kolb starts playing..

Sections
Shortcuts