Annual Draft War Room question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Annual Draft War Room question

I ask this every year but it's interesting to read the responses.  I know this isn't an option nor will it probably ever be one, especially while BB is here.  BUT...

If they offered a PPV to have full coverage of the Patriots war room during the NFL draft how much would you pay to watch?  It would be very interesting to say the least, this years draft might not be as exciting to watch as previous drafts but still it would be fun.

So my question is how much would you pay to have full Patriots war room coverage during this years draft? How much to get all teams war room coverage?

This year I probably wouldn't pay more then $30 for the Pats war room coverage.  Previous year I would have paid $50.  For all teams War room coverage this year I would probably only go as high as $50.  How about you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Annual Draft War Room question

Probably the same.  Frankly the thing I would be most interested in would be to see how many deals that never happen get talked about in a given year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I wouldn't pay anything.  There is likely a ton of dead time and they'll never allow for audio anyway.

It is interesting to see the edited footage they provide after the draft, though. They've loosend up on that stuff in recent years.

I always look at the board and see the names and try to see any comments or symbols up there.    They don't let a lot of this stuff through, though.  NE's draft room has to be one of the more interesting ones in the league, no doubt.

I think the point was a hypothetical where there would be audio.  As for the dead time element I think I will disagree.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Belichick is constantly putting out feelers to get a sense for how he can move around the draft.  It would be interesting to see imo.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Zero.....I don't need to hear them talking about it. Just show me the pick on FREE TV, and I'm good!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

$50 for all 3 days I would easily pay for that. Well worth the money, except I'd have to buy 2 TV's so I can watch coverage while watching war room

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

I'd kind of like to know how much haggling back and forth on the phones goes on...they could do that on a tape delay to keep the details confidential while negotiations are ongoing...but yes, I'd pay a nominal sum for the day...also, I'd love to see their big board to see how they as an organization have rated players versus what all the pundits and draft sites have....the differences could be eye opening

I agree!  The negotiations would be very cool!  To see their big board would be awesome as well! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

It would probably be a pretty cool thing to do one year...

I agree it would predominantly be pretty boring probably, but it would definitely be cool to just see the atmoshpere and how everything goes down in a given year...

I'd definitely pay $50, maybe even $75 or $100 just because it's something we've never seen before...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Don't think I would care to be there, but I would loved to have  seen what happened last year when they ended up with Tavon Wilson

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I also heard BB is an average or bad GM, so it would give us a clearer picture as to why he's not a better GM.

No opinion on this matter but I tried to reply to your post on the new radio announcer and it won't let me reply saying something about HTML * or something like that and the reply section is all blue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Don't think I would care to be there, but I would loved to have  seen what happened last year when they ended up with Tavon Wilson

"There is no good value here and we can't trade out of the pick.  Let's just troll the s hit out of those idiots on that BDC messageboard.  Owned."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, that would have been a very interesting moment to witness.  LOL!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

"There is no good value here and we can't trade out of the pick.  Let's just troll the s hit out of those idiots on that BDC messageboard.  Owned."

Hahahaha!! Probably!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

I'm with patseng,but if BB for some crazy reasons trades down on his 1st and 2nd rounders I want my money back lol. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It would be interesting if they did a RedZone style deal connected to all the teams.  Then they could go to the rooms where stuff was happening, split screen with teams negotiating a trade, etc. 

But as has been mentioned, this presumes there is full audio - which also means it would never happen. 

In fact, they seem to be moving in the opposite direction banning Twitter announcements by teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If the NFL wanted to keep people interested to the bitter end they could do an 8th round where fans get to vote for the guy they want their team to draft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In fact, they seem to be moving in the opposite direction banning Twitter announcements by teams.

This is actually a good idea.  I hate knowing the pick a minute before they announce it.  Takes the fun out of it for the viewers.  Now if they had the war room coverage I wouldn't mind because that would be a blast.  But to hear the tv announcers say a minute before the official announcement kind of ruins it for me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd probably pay 25 bucks just to look at how their draft board is set up - then you can really see if we got the guys we wanted, rather than just read "The Patriots Got Their man!". When you know 50% of the time that isn't true. I love how every team says that..."we got our guy". Bull crap.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

$9:95 for post-draft Gronk analysis.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

"I also heard BB is an average or bad GM, so it would give us a clearer picture as to why he's not a better GM."

Could you imagine how extreme BB would be trying to hide his words from the audience and turn his back to the camera...lol...he'd probably place himself in the "Cone of Silence" while on the phone with other teams...

I used to love that show.

I'd pay $50 to watch be able to see their board and how they go about maneuvering up or down or trading picks/players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

yes, i would like to know who said "great idea bill" (kissing up) and who said "what are you smoking bill? can i have some?"

Sections
Shortcuts