Another Arizona Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Another Arizona Thread

Apologize for starting yet another thread on the matter but I think this may be helfpul in understanding how many in the Arizona business community view this bill.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/25/news/economy/arizona-anti-gay-bill/index.html?iid=HP_LN

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: Another Arizona Thread

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apologize for starting yet another thread on the matter but I think this may be helfpul in understanding how many in the Arizona business community view this bill.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/25/news/economy/arizona-anti-gay-bill/index.html?iid=HP_LN

[/QUOTE]

can you post the link so we can just click on it ?thank you sir

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just figured out how. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

awesome thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Well cant say I didnt see that coming.I think it should be up to bussiness owners as how they want to operate it comes with a back lash like this and the state will lose even more revenue if its not vetoed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

That's really the bottom line point in practical terms:  a bill like that becoming law is simply bad for business.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I hate spiders and the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz I will not serve them at my place of business.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate spiders and the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz I will not serve them at my place of business.

[/QUOTE]

Me either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Scared the crap outta me as a young kid though....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no, you are a well respected blogger and i always read your posts, I am glad you did this

what i got from the site was taht business owners were reacting to the"Branding" of the Bill, not necesarily the content. Thios bill may very well be poorly written and should be vetoed. But I havent heard a single person i trust to tell me what it really is

But this is a case of Two Views coming in conflict. I believe there is a way somewhere in the middle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

[QUOTE]

no, you are a well respected blogger and i always read your posts, I am glad you did this

what i got from the site was taht business owners were reacting to the"Branding" of the Bill, not necesarily the content. Thios bill may very well be poorly written and should be vetoed. But I havent heard a single person i trust to tell me what it really is

But this is a case of Two Views coming in conflict. I believe there is a way somewhere in the middle.

[/QUOTE]

You know, you're right.  We know how it's being presented, we know the reactions to it (do we ever!!), we know who is the architect, but we don't really know what the damned thing says. 

How do you balance an individual's right to live according to their religious beliefs with another individual's right to true equality?  It is indeed one of the contradictions inherent in all of this.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting.  What year is this again?  It's mind boggling to see this kind of stuff happen in year 2014.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know, you're right.  We know how it's being presented, we know the reactions to it (do we ever!!), we know who is the architect, but we don't really know what the damned thing says. 

How do you balance an individual's right to live according to their religious beliefs with another individual's right to true equality?  It is indeed one of the contradictions inherent in all of this.  

[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity - where does it say in a commonly accepted religious document (i.e. Bible, Quran, ect.) that specifies actions against another specific group? I'm not particularly religious - so, I don't know if there is any or not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO...there isn't...it will eventually go to the Supreme Court...the bill is one that has been seen in several other states and was written by a conservative, right wing group that specializes in such legislation...it's just a matter of time until the religious" angle is passed by a southern state  legislature when it will eventually go to the Supreme Court...it will eventully lead to extension of the 14th amendment to cover gay discrimination in all aspects of life as it now does race discrimination...in the end the very thing the propronents  of the bill seek to avoid they will make into law...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO...there isn't...it will eventually go to the Supreme Court...the bill is one that has been seen in several other states and was written by a conservative, right wing group that specializes in such legislation...it's just a matter of time until the religious" angle is passed by a southern state  legislature when it will eventually go to the Supreme Court...it will eventully lead to extension of the 14th amendment to cover gay discrimination in all aspects of life as it now does race discrimination...in the end the very thing the propronents  of the bill seek to avoid they will make into law...

[/QUOTE]

Great Post

You may very well be right On how this ends up, I find that sad. It doesn't have to be that way but that's the world we live in. Having the courts decide our social issues never works out well. Check abortion, We will never all agree on everything, but we need to learn some tolerance and realize it's ok not to be accepted by all, or have it all our own way. And I am speaking about both sides on this one

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

This bill is dead...vetoed by the Governor....Republicans are running away from the bill they submitted...kabuki theater at it's best...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

As I indicated in another thred, Jane Brewer made the only practical choice on the matter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

As I indicated in another thred, Jane Brewer made the only practical choice on the matter.

[/QUOTE]

Probably right, , am not sure if it was why she said, sha is a pol. She looked at the pressure for ,veto and against, and it wasn't close. She has POd conservatives before. It will be interesting to see what happens to her in the party going forth

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably right, , am not sure if it was why she said, sha is a pol. She looked at the pressure for ,veto and against, and it wasn't close. She has POd conservatives before. It will be interesting to see what happens to her in the party going forth

[/QUOTE]

It will indeed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts