Another case of BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Another case of BB

In Response to Re: Another case of BB:
    [QUOTE]Having a balanced offense is overrated. Rusty and folks like yourself claim that a balanced offense is the primary key to winning football games. Well, I'll counter that with the fact that we just had our butts handed to us, and Roethlisburger passed with ball 50 times. ...
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

He thinks the defense hasn't been bad. What else is there to say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I can't believe there is someone dumb enough to try and excuse that defense.  That defense today was the worst I've seen by a Patriots team in 20 years.

They gave up TWENTY-NINE first downs.  They gave up TWENTY-NINE first downs.

TWENTY-NINE.

Once again this year's defense is worse than last year's.  Which was worse than the year before.  Which was worse than the year before.

Sensing the trend?  Bellicheck (defensive genius) hasn't intimidated anyone in YEARS.  He is NOT a defensive genius.  He invests no draft picks, money, or effort in improving the defense.

And then when you play a team that is physically and mentally tough like the steelers and BB gets outcoached (again!) - you lose.

It also doesn't help that Tom Brady never comes up tough against difficult, physical defenses.  He shrinks in those games.  Oh sure, he throws 6 TDs against the league's weak sisters.  But against real tough teams?  He always gets happy feet, panicks, and makes bad decisions.

On the 1 foot line and he doesn't do a QB sneak?  Instead he wastes time in the stupid shot gun and throws a terrible pass to Faulk?  Where was the QB sneak on the 1-ft line?

Brady was scared, that's where it was.

Horrible effort by another SOFT patriots team. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe there is someone dumb enough to try and excuse that defense.  That defense today was the worst I've seen by a Patriots team in 20 years. They gave up TWENTY-NINE first downs.  They gave up TWENTY-NINE first downs. TWENTY-NINE. Once again this year's defense is worse than last year's.  Which was worse than the year before.  Which was worse than the year before. Sensing the trend?  Bellicheck (defensive genius) hasn't intimidated anyone in YEARS.  He is NOT a defensive genius.  He invests no draft picks, money, or effort in improving the defense. And then when you play a team that is physically and mentally tough like the steelers and BB gets outcoached (again!) - you lose. It also doesn't help that Tom Brady never comes up tough against difficult, physical defenses.  He shrinks in those games.  Oh sure, he throws 6 TDs against the league's weak sisters.  But against real tough teams?  He always gets happy feet, panicks, and makes bad decisions. On the 1 foot line and he doesn't do a QB sneak?  Instead he wastes time in the stupid shot gun and throws a terrible pass to Faulk?  Where was the QB sneak on the 1-ft line? Brady was scared, that's where it was. Horrible effort by another SOFT patriots team. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

That white light that's rushing at you - please don't go towards it.

Thank me later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rusty, are you really serious about the D not being awfull, like really?"

I think he is, to be honest with you. I think it's become personal between him and some of the peeps on this board around blaming the D or the O. I  don't really understand it, there's plenty of blame to go around. 

The O and the D both had serious issues today. The D could NOT get off the field on third and long which was brutal. The reason that folks like us bang on the D more than the O is because we believe that the O's problems are largely fixable (play better, execute better, better coaching) whereas we fear the problem with the D is a personnel issue that can't be fixed this season. 

Hope I'm wrong, at any rate it's just one game and I'd rather beat the Steelers in the playoffs so let's hope for a rematch..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

By the way, if the defense is playing decently, then why do you do an  onside kick when you have three timeouts and the two minute warning? You do that when you don't trust your defense to make a stop. It's 4 and 2 all over again, though I agreed with that call and didn't like this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Rusty, are you really serious about the D not being awfull, like really?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

In BB we trust. Today it made complete sense to release Bodden as our pass defense has improved markedly!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]... now even Pitt easily defends that shotgun spread...
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Apparently the only team that cannot defend the shotgun spread is coached by BB? If it is so easy to stop, why can't we do it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]What ever happend to holding players accountable for not executing plays?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I agree the offense lacked execution on the first two possessions, but the after the Guyton pick and a TD that made it 10-7, the D gave up another 76 yard, 10 play, almost 6 minute drive to get the lead back to 10. That was when a three and out could have turned this game right around.

The coaches need to be held accountable for the fact that this defense could not tackle or cover today. Belichick needs to be held accountable for the revolving door in the defensive backfield. Either find better skilled players back there or (if you really are a great defensive) find an average guy and make above average. Right now, we have too may average players playing just that way - average at best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another case of BB : Worst D? WHat? NE allowed 23 points, contained their run, contained Wallace, etc, and clearly kept the offense in the game to win it! What game are you watching? Do you really expect the D to hold other teams to under 14 or 10 points per game on the road in the Goodelll offensive NFL???

What game were you watching? 

Allowed 23 points? This is true, but Pittsburgh was only average 20 ppg on offense leading into it. Therefore they played worse than average defense against this team in terms of scoring. They were held to 17 or less points in four of their seven games coming into the matchup. Obviously, it could be done.

Contained the run? Mendenhall average 5.4 yards per carry. He only had 13 carries because why run for 5 yards when you can pass for 10.

Contained Wallace? 7 catches, 70 yards.

Kept the offense in the game? The offense scores a TD (admitedly off a turnover) to make it a three-point game and the defense responds with a 76 yard, 10 play, almost 6 minute march down the field for a TD. They gave up scores on three of the first four drives. That does not help the offense.

No I do not expect them to hold every team to 10-14 points on the road, but face facts. They are the worst defense in the NFL in terms of total yards and they are tied for 15th in ppg (putting them right in the middle of the field). They are at best an average defense, but most games this year they have not even played up to that level.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe there is someone dumb enough to try and excuse that defense.  That defense today was the worst I've seen by a Patriots team in 20 years. They gave up TWENTY-NINE first downs.  They gave up TWENTY-NINE first downs. TWENTY-NINE. Once again this year's defense is worse than last year's.  Which was worse than the year before.  Which was worse than the year before. Sensing the trend?  Bellicheck (defensive genius) hasn't intimidated anyone in YEARS.  He is NOT a defensive genius.  He invests no draft picks, money, or effort in improving the defense. And then when you play a team that is physically and mentally tough like the steelers and BB gets outcoached (again!) - you lose. It also doesn't help that Tom Brady never comes up tough against difficult, physical defenses.  He shrinks in those games.  Oh sure, he throws 6 TDs against the league's weak sisters.  But against real tough teams?  He always gets happy feet, panicks, and makes bad decisions. On the 1 foot line and he doesn't do a QB sneak?  Instead he wastes time in the stupid shot gun and throws a terrible pass to Faulk?  Where was the QB sneak on the 1-ft line? Brady was scared, that's where it was. Horrible effort by another SOFT patriots team. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Then you must be saying the Steeles haven't been a "difficult, physical defense" for years now since Brady has owned them his whole career. And he threw a 102 at them this time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]WHat??? NE's offense scored only 7 points in the first half off a Guyton INT! The offense was doing 3 and outs left and right again! How on earth can anyone watch this game and come away blaming the D?  Pitt did a nice job. They have 4 straight gsames now scoring a TD on their opening drive. So, we blame the D for not stopping 7 points in the opening drive and continue to pretend we can blame the D? 23 points allowed on the road against a jacked up team our offense was AWFUL with matching their intensity, and that's our own D's fault? What planet are some of you on? The offense cannot control the clock and sustain drives whatsoever in that spread base! Terrible! Why is Faulk starting after being out for over a year???!!  Where is Ridley?? Awful coaching by BB and O'Brien combined. AWFUL. MIke Wallace did nothing and they adjusted on Miller. The game was there to be had. Brady takes away too much time and now even Pitt easily defends that shotgun spread. Fire O'Brien.

In Bill we Tru............. nm you're right. 

Sections
Shortcuts