Another clock question..............................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Another clock question..............................

It has already been discussed here about the clock being reset to two minutes at the end of the game.

This clock management could have been very influential at the end of the game. By setting the clock OUTSIDE of 1:59, they eliminated the possibility of the automatic review that can take place inside of two minutes at the end of the game. The only possible review with two-plus minutes is by coach's challenge, which the Pats couldn't do because they foolishly burned through their time outs.

So did the refs (right or wrong) reset the clock to eliminate the posssibility of ANY review? If they reset the clock properly, then there is no issue. But if the clock could have been LEGITIMATELY stopped inside of two minutes, it looks a little fishy.

Has anyone examined the clock closely enough to share a thought?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Re: Another clock question..............................

I guess I'll answer my own question here. I went back and saw " the play" several times, and the refs could have EASILY reset the clock to 2:03. I wonder what would have happened with the review if time had been allowed to drop below two minutes. The call most likely would not have been overturned, but it is an interesting scenario.

Sections
Shortcuts