Another DT on on the FA market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Another DT on on the FA market

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 6m

Raiders announced they released DT Tommy Kelly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Another DT on on the FA market

He's only 32 years old....I like his size and prior production. Would he take a contract that pays him as a rotational player? I don't think the Pats can pay much more given the cap situation and other needs. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats don't have room left, they're going to want to use the money they have left on the draft. 

Worst of all, we're not going to get a real draft. BB is going to trade down to pick up a 4,5 and 6. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Adam schefter just reported this???? This was on rotoworld LAST NIGHT...

Id take a flyer on kelly. He could come cheap and be a good to great player next to vince. Kelly was was a pro-bowl alternate in 2010 so he is capable of being a quality player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The Pats don't have room left, they're going to want to use the money they have left on the draft. 

Worst of all, we're not going to get a real draft. BB is going to trade down to pick up a 4,5 and 6. 

According to PFT they have 13.8 million in cap room left, which puts them 10th in the league in terms of available cap space.  Where are you getting they have no room??? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I just posted in the other thread we have aprox $12.9 million.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

That was before Vollmer

They have about $10m left today, pending any other cuts or eextensions. If they keep their draft choices, they will need about $3.3 to sign them to slot. Leaves about $6.5....they usually like to carry around $4-5m....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

yes, sign him and draft a Wr in the first round

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

That was before Vollmer

They have about $10m left today, pending any other cuts or eextensions. If they keep their draft choices, they will need about $3.3 to sign them to slot. Leaves about $6.5....they usually like to carry around $4-5m....

His estimate included Vollmer,www.patscap.com

Last updated on March 27, 2013 12:45 PM EDT

According to my figures the Patriots' 2013 cap figure is for $110,655,225 with 65 (64 active, 0 on Injured Reserve, 1 on Reserve/Non-NFI) players. I now believe that reserve players like Brian Waters do not count against the cap. I have the Patriots' 2013 dead money at $6,644,196. $110,655,225 + $6,644,196 = $117,299,421. The cap limit for the 2013 season is $123 million. The Patriots' adjusted cap number is $129,656,344. Therefore, I have the Patriots under their adjusted cap limit by about $12.4 million. On the 19th of March Greg Bedard tweeted that the Patriots are under their adjusted cap by $15,271,750 so my numbers were off by $164,827 at that time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

That was before Vollmer

Really Mister cap guru.. Then why was there an article TODAY on PFT that states the Pats have 13.8 million in cap room? 12.9M probably isnt that far off on what we actually have as i never take what they say in those articles as complete fact. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

The started focusing on him in 2012 because of his productive 2010 and 2011 seasons. Teams would have to choose on who to work on down the middle.

If cost effective, this would work well because I don't think this is a health issue, just horrendous cap management issues with Carson Palmer refusing to restructure.

The Raiders loss can be the pats gain.. :) When will the raiders finally figure it out?? Lol

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

The Raiders loss can be the pats gain.. :) When will the raiders finally figure it out?? Lol

No disrespect to the Raiders or their fans but I hope never.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

The started focusing on him in 2012 because of his productive 2010 and 2011 seasons. Teams would have to choose on who to work on down the middle.

If cost effective, this would work well because I don't think this is a health issue, just horrendous cap management issues with Carson Palmer refusing to restructure.

I don't know, but they overpaid Seymour in 2010 and then Tommy Kelly was the better DT.

Sort of funny.

Thats the raiders for ya. Adding Tommy to play nex to vince would be straight rediculous. Trying to move those two guys in the middle would be almost exactly what i was hoping for when BB got Albert Hayneworthless. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I also don't think this guy is done either.  Seymour went down last year, so that allowed teams to double him on every play. Hence, the 1 sack.

Look at his career numbers, even before Seymour's arrival.  About 4-5 sacks per year. From a DT, that's very good especially on a crappy team.

2/ 5.5 mil would probably bring Kelly to new england. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Carson Palmer just plain stinks.  Horrible trade.  If the bengals become relaveant then they can point to the Palmer trade as when it started.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Carson Palmer just plain stinks.  Horrible trade.  If the bengals become relaveant then they can point to the Palmer trade as when it started.  

true

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

12-10 million in cap isn't much in terms of the Pats. They like to keep spending cash for JIC type situations. 

Subtract 5 million for those JIC type moments, then, subtract another 5 million for the draft...whatever's left is what the Pats will spend in FA now. 

If we have 12.9, that's good, they can try to pick up Emmanuel Sanders or John Abraham with the 2.9 million. Sanders seems more likely, since Freeney and Abraham are looking for cash. If they have the 15,271,750 that Brasil suggested, I can see them making a few more moves in Free Agency. But my number has them at 11.1 million....

And that's very little cap space. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Yea and them fleecing the raiders for 2 1st rounders for carson would be seen as the catalyst for the bengals becoming relevant. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

12-10 million in cap isn't much in terms of the Pats. They like to keep spending cash for JIC type situations. 

Subtract 5 million for those JIC type moments, then, subtract another 5 million for the draft...whatever's left is what the Pats will spend in FA now. 

If we have 12.9, that's good, they can try to pick up Emmanuel Sanders or John Abraham with the 2.9 million. Sanders seems more likely, since Freeney and Abraham are looking for cash. If they have the 15,271,750 that Brasil suggested, I can see them making a few more moves in Free Agency. But my number has them at 11.1 million....

And that's very little cap space. 

If BB wants someone it doesnt matter. He'll make it work.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts