Another DT on on the FA market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Another DT on on the FA market

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

I also don't think this guy is done either.  Seymour went down last year, so that allowed teams to double him on every play. Hence, the 1 sack.

Look at his career numbers, even before Seymour's arrival.  About 4-5 sacks per year. From a DT, that's very good especially on a crappy team.

2/ 5.5 mil would probably bring Kelly to new england. 

Probably.  Abraham, Kelly, Edleman, maybe CB Jacob Lacey and you're done in FA.

Id take kelly and abraham and then draft a WR and CB. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Let's just hope BB doesn't draft down! 

Jesse Williams will be there at 28, pick him up! Da'Rick Rogers will be there a 56(!), PICK HIM UP! Those are two very talented plyers who'll slip down, don't draft down. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Please go out and sign this guy...he's big...not 90 years old and will fill a position of need. Anyone ever seen a picture of this guy? He is built like a freak. He may not be a star, but he should be at least better than Love and Deaderick.

put Vince with this guy, Jones, hopefully Armstead...maybe a first round pass rusher, and things start to look a lot different for opposing quarterbacks on third downs. Who knows? Maybe they throw Abraham out there on third downs too...Vince, Armstead, Abraham, Kelly on the line with Jones standing up on the outside...Mayo and Hightower behind them. I like the pass rush potential with that group...they all are huge players...it's not like you can just think you can run on that group either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/07/40/24/1967372/9/628x471.jpg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Never mind a DT -The pats don't have a WR!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

the jets dont have a qb!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

And you're team is so mismanaged, you don't have a QB (even though you have 5 on the roster) in a QB driven league.

bawahahah

Enjoy!

Highlarious Russ!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

the jets dont have a qb!

Theres alot of things the jets dont have. Like say a SB championship in the last 44 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The Pats don't have room left, they're going to want to use the money they have left on the draft. 

Worst of all, we're not going to get a real draft. BB is going to trade down to pick up a 4,5 and 6. 

I just posted in the other thread we have aprox $12.9 million.

That was before Vollmer

They have about $10m left today, pending any other cuts or eextensions. If they keep their draft choices, they will need about $3.3 to sign them to slot. Leaves about $6.5....they usually like to carry around $4-5m....

His estimate included Vollmer,www.patscap.com

Last updated on March 27, 2013 12:45 PM EDT

According to my figures the Patriots' 2013 cap figure is for $110,655,225 with 65 (64 active, 0 on Injured Reserve, 1 on Reserve/Non-NFI) players. I now believe that reserve players like Brian Waters do not count against the cap. I have the Patriots' 2013 dead money at $6,644,196. $110,655,225 + $6,644,196 = $117,299,421. The cap limit for the 2013 season is $123 million. The Patriots' adjusted cap number is $129,656,344. Therefore, I have the Patriots under their adjusted cap limit by about $12.4 million. On the 19th of March Greg Bedard tweeted that the Patriots are under their adjusted cap by $15,271,750 so my numbers were off by $164,827 at that time.

ESPN Stats and Info has them at $11.2m after Vollmer and including dead mmoney

lets assume its between $11-$12m

rookie slot is $3.3

carry is approx $5-$6

leaves anywhere between $2-$4m available....right? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Jesse Williams will be there at 28, pick him up! Da'Rick Rogers will be there a 56(!), PICK HIM UP! Those are two very talented plyers who'll slip down, don't draft down. 

That would be a nice 1-2, and not out of the realm of possiblilty either, if they bring in Abraham, resign Edleman, another vet CB perhaps (Grimes, Winfield)--then they could use the 3rd rounder on the BPA for depth--(that's if they don't pursue Sanders) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Enjoy this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLR2EBV6980

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

12-10 million in cap isn't much in terms of the Pats. They like to keep spending cash for JIC type situations. 

Subtract 5 million for those JIC type moments, then, subtract another 5 million for the draft...whatever's left is what the Pats will spend in FA now. 

If we have 12.9, that's good, they can try to pick up Emmanuel Sanders or John Abraham with the 2.9 million. Sanders seems more likely, since Freeney and Abraham are looking for cash. If they have the 15,271,750 that Brasil suggested, I can see them making a few more moves in Free Agency. But my number has them at 11.1 million....

And that's very little cap space. 

Disagree, and we have 3 picks in the 1st 5 rounds no? How many draft picks are expected to even make this team.

I would say the Pats are in excellent position to sign a receiver, a DT, and a CB in the draft or FA. Plus a few other depth fill ins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

One issue we have picks #29 and #59 but I agree on the players

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The Pats don't have room left, they're going to want to use the money they have left on the draft. 

Worst of all, we're not going to get a real draft. BB is going to trade down to pick up a 4,5 and 6. 

I just posted in the other thread we have aprox $12.9 million.

That was before Vollmer

They have about $10m left today, pending any other cuts or eextensions. If they keep their draft choices, they will need about $3.3 to sign them to slot. Leaves about $6.5....they usually like to carry around $4-5m....

His estimate included Vollmer,www.patscap.com

Last updated on March 27, 2013 12:45 PM EDT

According to my figures the Patriots' 2013 cap figure is for $110,655,225 with 65 (64 active, 0 on Injured Reserve, 1 on Reserve/Non-NFI) players. I now believe that reserve players like Brian Waters do not count against the cap. I have the Patriots' 2013 dead money at $6,644,196. $110,655,225 + $6,644,196 = $117,299,421. The cap limit for the 2013 season is $123 million. The Patriots' adjusted cap number is $129,656,344. Therefore, I have the Patriots under their adjusted cap limit by about $12.4 million. On the 19th of March Greg Bedard tweeted that the Patriots are under their adjusted cap by $15,271,750 so my numbers were off by $164,827 at that time.

ESPN Stats and Info has them at $11.2m after Vollmer and including dead mmoney

lets assume its between $11-$12m

rookie slot is $3.3

carry is approx $5-$6

leaves anywhere between $2-$4m available....right? 

I thought you could also spend something like 5 m of next years money as well.  With the few draft picks we have wouldn't that be less then 3.3?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

There should be an over/under bet in discussion on any player of possible interest to the Pats organiztion when the statement  "He could come cheap" first appears. For Kelly, it is the 4th comment. It is almost the fans think every player should be panting to give a special discount so he can play for the Pats, and the "come cheap" is rising to the top as a major consideration.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 6m

Raiders announced they released DT Tommy Kelly.

Oh my. Get on the phone, BB.  This is the kind of cap struggling team guy that would be killer for Vince.

He was the guy getting the attention in recent years, not Seymour.

I would be all over this signing.

Good Job Rusty! You did endorse him. touche

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

this is what I posted on 3/27;

posted at 3/27/2013 4:48 PM EDT

• rkarp
    • First: 1/29/2008
    • Last: 4/8/2013

He's only 32 years old....I like his size and prior production. Would he take a contract that pays him as a rotational player? I don't think the Pats can pay much more given the cap situation and other needs.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Kelly is 32 years old, will be 33 years old mid season. it is a good thing he is not 35 years old.  he clearly is on the down side of his career. you can spin it any way you wish, but just read some of the reviews on him, he is a soon to be 33 year old very large man who has taken a beating for many, many years. he is wearing down and looking at his last year or maybe 2. It would not surprise me in the least if he is one and done and the Pats incur dead money. (this is the exact reason I am hoping they DO NOT EXTEND VINCE INTO HIS MID 30's)

If he signed for 2/$5 I think it a bad signing. If he signs for 2/$2-$3 I can see the shot.

Patterson was a free try out, if he stunk, cut him. No $$$ owed.  If he played well, he cost 900K...

Seemed like a no brainer to me

I like the Kelly signing, I prefered Branch, but Pats would not pay 1/$3. I like Patterson, he was free. If Kelly is 2/$5 I dont like it as much

I guess that is weasling? As every other poster has said....GET HELP DUMBKOFF!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I wonder what effect this has on abrahamson. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well I don't know how much they gave him but he definately signed with the Patriots regardless of the capspace availible!! Tommie Kelly is a New England Patriot.

Sections
Shortcuts