Another ESPN Insider teaser: Pats waiting on Thomas trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Another ESPN Insider teaser: Pats waiting on Thomas trade?

Hi,

Is there any truth in this at all?
    I think it was stated, "Adalius to Caroll" as in the Seahawks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Another ESPN Insider teaser: Pats waiting on Thomas trade?

Can you please forward the link?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

For old friend Deion Branch maybe?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Another ESPN Insider teaser: Pats waiting on Thomas trade?:
    Hi, Is there any truth in this at all? I think it was stated, "Adalius to Caroll" as in the Seahawks.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

Try posting the article.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i am guessing he doesnt have access to espn insider and is just reporting the tease

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Another ESPN Insider teaser: Pats waiting on Thomas trade?:
    For old friend Deion Branch maybe?
    Posted by 123meg

ESPN Insider is usually garbage, so I don't trust this for a second.  But value wise Branch is about equal for AT, the Pats would be lucky to get anything for him with the cap number he's carrying.  Likewise Branch with his injury history and lack of production wouldn't fetch more than a 5th max.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Yes I don't have Insider access I'm sorry I wasn't clearer.

Does anyone have Insider access to this article?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Thomas signed a 5-year contract with the New England Patriots worth $35 million, including $20 million in guaranteed money

Branch had a 6 year deal for 39 Mil so the contracts are pretty compatible. Branch seems like an old timer but he is only 30 and has a few good years left. I think most Pats fans wish this would happen but if ESPN reported it I'm highly sceptical

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pats waiting on Thomas trade?

12:05PM ET
    Adalius Thomas | Patriots | Interested: Jets?, Seahawks?

It's being widely assumed that Adalius Thomas will not be with the New England Patriots for the start of the 2010 season. Previous rumors had linked him with the Seattle Seahawks, but the prevailing thought for the past few weeks was that the New York Jets -- and his old coach, Rex Ryan -- might make the most sense.

Ryan can't publicly comment on Thomas thanks to the league's occasionally-enforced tampering rules, but Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reported on an email the paper received from Thomas on Monday night. In it, Thomas denied that he ever told Bart Scott he wanted to play for Ryan and the Jets (cue Elton John), indicated that he wasn't at the team's voluntary workout session because he didn't know it started on Monday and that he's "a Patriot until otherwise noted from Bill (Belichick) or the organization." That last part might change quickly based on the second part.

While an outright cut is possible, so is a trade, and that'd be the better option for the Pats. Here's ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss on the timing of that situation:

Mike Reiss

Won't happen until near the draft

"I think the Patriots will try to trade Thomas and that could mean they hold on to him until the draft, when trades are prevalent. If that doesn't happen, then I think he gets released. I don't see Thomas back with the Patriots next year."

Insider
    Jason Paradise

Time for a Pats-Thomas divorce

"It seems clear that it is in the best interest of both Adalius Thomas and the New England Patriots to part ways this offseason. The Patriots don't seem interested in giving him the same free rein as other 3-4 outside linebackers in rushing the passer, and the numbers suggest they're making the right decision."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Another ESPN Insider teaser: Pats waiting on Thomas trade?:
    I'd be happy with a Thomas/Branch trade even up. I think Branch would love to come back to a contender and have TB tossing it to him. Moss, Tate, Patten, Edelman, Branch, WW, maybe Reed??
    Posted by Sam-Adams
    Sam if you see Wes Welker in a game this year run down to your local church because it'll mean the apocolypse is upon us. He had two torn knee ligaments and a torn Rotator cuff in his shoulder do you really think he's made of steel ?

Sections
Shortcuts