ANOTHER FLUTIE ON THE SIDELINES OF FOXBORO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ANOTHER FLUTIE ON THE SIDELINES OF FOXBORO

http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/alexa-flutie-daughter-of-doug-flutie-selected-to-patriots-2011-cheerleading-team.html

oh yep, i think i am getting season tickets! i dont think dougie had any say about this. i cant imagine a star football player who would encourage his hottie sweetheart to do this. to each his own i guess. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Re: ANOTHER FLUTIE ON THE SIDELINES OF FOXBORO

Just like her a dad,only good as a cheerleader. Wonder if they are gonna sign ML Carr's daughter too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER FLUTIE ON THE SIDELINES OF FOXBORO:
    [QUOTE]Just like her a dad,only good as a cheerleader. Wonder if they are gonna sign ML Carr's daughter too.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]now thats funny, thats exactly what i was thinking. well put. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krustyunderwear. Show Krustyunderwear's posts

Flutie was a good quarterback,on the other hand my hand makes a good second wife.Sometimes I wonder if, then I start drinking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

OLD NEWS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER FLUTIE ON THE SIDELINES OF FOXBORO : now thats funny, thats exactly what i was thinking. well put. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]...she serves some purpose...for each to decide which

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Please.  Doug Flutie=The Best Professional Quarterback Never to be granted a REAL Chance in The National Foottball League.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]Please.  Doug Flutie=The Best Professional Quarterback Never to be granted a REAL Chance in The National Foottball League.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    If he could have played at a high level he would have. No one wants to lose. He tried he failed teams moved on. You can only go so far on one lucky pass.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER FLUTIE ON THE SIDELINES OF FOXBORO : If he could have played at a high level he would have. No one wants to lose. He tried he failed teams moved on. You can only go so far on one lucky pass.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

Different times tenacious...  100X less free agent movement and rights, Bears team that won the SB with McMahon and so were dead-set on playing ole jimmy dark shades until the end of time (was in Ditka's doghouse).  Goes and blows up the world winning CBL's MVP every year he played and taking his team and winning the championship each and every year it seemed (and don't tell me, it's such a ridiculous world of difference between the cbl and nfl, b/c Fluties just blew up that league).  Lockout year alone, Flutie singlehandedly seemed to win games for NE here, using scrubs, but Pats had top pick Bledsoe...THEN Brady (and just before these guys, when Fluties was here the team was run ineptly...with inept players being coached by inept coaches.  Oh, inept owner too).  Finally Bills, where when THEIR high QB pick goes down, Flutie starts to win with THAT team.  Oh, Bills cr#ppy QB comes back?  ...Bills go back to losing.  Bills QB goes down again?  Hey, Flutie starts them up and winning somme games again (I believe by this time, Doug Flutie was something absurd, like 37 or 38 years old).  Fans were making a scene, Bills players were making a scene, and idk-  What did he come back here at age 40?  I don't even remember by then.

Doug Flutie could make something outta garbage, rarely made mistakes, actually had VERY good accuracy, and when there was serious pressure, Flutie was excellent in terms of scrambling AND/or just throwing the ball smartly away, rather than taking a 10 yard loss.

Doug Flutie=Best QB never to be granted a TRUE and REAL opportunity in The NFL...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If you really think about it, a 5'10" 175 lb. guy winning the Heisman and many other college awards and getting to play professional football for twenty years is a pretty amazing accomplishment.  Most of us with half a brain realize that.  The guy threw for almost 60,000 yards and ran for almost 7,000 over the course of 20 years.  You'd really have to be a knob to call his career a failure because his NFL career was mediocre.  No shame in what the guy has accomplished.   

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Doug Flutie's greatest talent was his magic act in fooling fans that he was the better alternative,but whenever given the opportunity he shat the bed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]If you really think about it, a 5'10" 175 lb. guy winning the Heisman and many other college awards and getting to play professional football for twenty years is a pretty amazing accomplishment.  Most of us with half a brain realize that.  The guy threw for almost 60,000 yards and ran for almost 7,000 over the course of 20 years.  You'd really have to be a knob to call his career a failure because his NFL career was mediocre.  No shame in what the guy has accomplished.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    Well whoopity dam doo,he excelled in the CFL! Did you know I personally have scored over 50,000 points in my backyard basketball league? That I once scored 4 tds in a high school football game? The guy is one of the most overrated humans ever. There is a reason his fans are called Flutie Flakes and it has nothing to do with cereal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

I will agree that he never played on a good team as a starter,but that was mainly because their QB sucked! (see what I done there?)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Doug Flutie's greatest talent was his magic act in fooling fans that he was the better alternative,but whenever given the opportunity he shat the bed.

Actually, just...no. 

Here's the point and some facts:
    Not selected until the 11th rd in NFL Draft, so he goes to play for CFL and as a rookie leads his team to 2nd place in his conference.
    LA Rams (Drafted him) trades him to Chicage where Ditka just f'ing despised him (recall: "America's favorite midget" quote?).
    Crosses picket line and plays for NE for year and a half (doesn't say stats)...but for The Pats at that time (1-15 season was right about here, year before Flutie I think), with bad coach, bad owner, 2nd rate stadium, and even worse players than NE HAD when they WERE 1-155, Flutie played exceptionally well.
    Goes to CFL and wins Championship 3X, while beingg named League MVP 6X (again, don't gimme CFL is so awful:  Good guys have come from CFL-Warren Moon, Cameron Wake, while good NFL players have looked at times, average in CFL-Ricky Williams).
    So now-Back to NFL and cr#ppy Buffalo.  Takes over 5 games in for struggling loser Rob Johnson.  First leads them to win in that game by up rising team of Colts.  Then wins next week vs previously undefeated Jaguars.  8-3 Record for Buffalo that year under Flutie (don't even think this even counts for taking over and leading a comeback when Johnson got injured in Flutie's 1st game for them).
    Next year?  Takes still cr#ppy and rebuilding Bills to an 11-5 record...  Wade Phillips famously replaced Flutie right in 1st playoff game, for now healed Johnson.  Bills lose.
    Final year- Games split between Flutie starting and moreso-Johnson starting.  Johnson's record 4-7.  Flutie's record 4-1.
    On to Chargers...  Takes over for a Charger team that was 1-15 the very previous year.  Flutie begins them to 3-0, then Chargers and Flutie start sliding-4-2...finally lose season with a 5-11 overall record (recall YET Again, same team was 1-15 year before Flutie).
    Next year with SD-Drew Brees #1 franchise QB pick.  Flutie becomes his backup and mentor that year. (sorta tough rebuilding a team with a 35 year old Flutie).  Final year with SD- Brees goes down with injury.  Brees was 1-7 starting that year.  Flutie leads them to 2-3...not great...but ALWAYS on these garbage teams, BETTER.
    Gets back to NE in '05...  Guess how old Flutie was in 2005 in NE as a backup there?  43! years old...lmao, YES, Reallly.

Know your facts, THEN comeback tenacious.  Still stand by what I said:  Doug Flutie=The greatest QB never to have been given a REAL chance to succeed in The National Football League. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER FLUTIE ON THE SIDELINES OF FOXBORO : Well whoopity dam doo,he excelled in the CFL! Did you know I personally have scored over 50,000 points in my backyard basketball league? That I once scored 4 tds in a high school football game? The guy is one of the most overrated humans ever. There is a reason his fans are called Flutie Flakes and it has nothing to do with cereal.

If you're taking time out of your day to rip Doug Flutie then it's obvious that you're the type of guy that likes to look down his nose at people and belittle their accomplishments to make yourself feel better.  Doug Flutie is probably one of the better athletes to ever have played QB in the NFL or the CFL.  He's an average sized guy who played a physically demanding sport at a high level for a very long time.   

If you've managed to hold a gig for over twenty years that was better than Flutie's, let us know.  If millions of people out there associate your name with New England sports lore or lore of any kind, let us know.  If you walk down the street and people instantly recognize you and want to meet you, let us know.  Otherwise,  it's easy to sit behind a computer all day and criticize the guy as a failure when the facts are contrary to your assessment.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Hey tenacious...I hear they only have midgets and parapeligics in the CFL...this true, man?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Look I admit I'm jealous of Flutie! I only won 2 CFL titles! Bwahahaha!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This toss and Flutie don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to athletic accomplishments, which he apparently doesn't get.  Running for 4 touchdowns against 155 lb. middle linebackers and lighting up your little sister for 50 in backyard hoops is a great parallel to Flutie's career... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]This toss and Flutie don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to athletic accomplishments, which he apparently doesn't get.  Running for 4 touchdowns against 155 lb. middle linebackers and lighting up your little sister for 50 in backyard hoops is a great parallel to Flutie's career... 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    Our accomplishments were very similar. Plus I'm taller and better looking

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Doug Flutie got a raw deal in the NFL. All he did was win wherever he went. In 66 games as a starter in the NFL he went 38-28. He never lost a home game as a Patriot. He was 5-0 as a starter for the Patriots in Foxboro and 7-2 as a starter with the Bills and Chargers in Foxboro.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]Doug Flutie got a raw deal in the NFL. All he did was win wherever he went. In 66 games as a starter in the NFL he went 38-28. He never lost a home game as a Patriot. He was 5-0 as a starter for the Patriots in Foxboro and 7-2 as a starter with the Bills and Chargers in Foxboro.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    Wow he must have been awesome! No,wait he actually kinda sucked. Why did all those football teams just want to lose and not play this obvious stud? The world may never know!

Sections
Shortcuts