another garbage Thursday night NFL game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

another garbage Thursday night NFL game

NFL network sucks.  Thursday football sucks. 

can we just snuff out this stupid experiment to leach more money from football fans...?  How blatantly greedy and self-serving can a league be? 

The product on the field was borderline garbage.  No points in the second half by NE at home....?   what more evidence do you need?  Nice scrimmage.

I had to go to a bar to watch it.  Drank too much draft beer... . Yuuccckkkk.. ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: another garbage Thursday night NFL game

Friday night would be a bit better.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

+1,000

It was a hard game to watch anyway, but it was made nearly unwatchable by the lamest announcers I think I have ever heard broadcasting an NFL game. Luckily I tivo'ed it so I could FF past some of the BS. It was like watching a second rate college TV football broadcast. Truly bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

exactly...  Were they announcing or mumbling?  Feel sorry for people who went to the game,too.  Watch lousy football, get rained on ... They must feel a little bit used.

This game was not meant to be played on 3 days rest ,  period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Glad they won, though.

Mission accomplished.  2-0 through the NFLs gauntlet of f---d up scheduling.  Now 9 days off.

Patriots are sitting pretty after a butt ugly win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

When I saw that it was Mayock and Nessler, I was delighted that I wouldn't be getting any sound at the bar.  Those dudes suck....even worse than Nink, McCourty, Edelman, Mayo, etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Get rid of Thursday night football. Period.  Hello NFL? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Many are saying it might/could be the worst football game ever played....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Nice thread. Thursday games have sucked since the beginning. We as fans loved it because it meant another day to have an excuse to drink yell and be manly..... but in reality, the short week and subsequent "walk through" practices have usually led to a less than stellar performance. The final pre season games played by future free agents and short order cooks tends to be a much more pleasurable viewing experience . In a league that pretends to care about player safety, forcing these guys to slam into each other a mere 4 days after the last game is well................UNSAFE!!!

......and the games suck!!!!

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Agree. Nearly every Thursday night game is dreadful. Teams never look prepared or healthy after that quick of a turnaround. Terrible idea by the NFL, and one of the worst things for player safety. guys need a solid week of recovery between games in this violent league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Outside of the Monday nights, would anyone miss the NFL if it was played only on Sundays?  It has for years and if not for the almighty $$$$$, we are seeing what we are seeing.

I do agree, Thursday night football is mononic and the game still lasted until well past 11 on a week night in which folks have to get up and go to work and kids go to school the next day.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Friday night would be a bit better.

Friday nights are movie and dinner night with the missus.  Don't know about that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I don't get all the hate for Mayock.  At the least the guy has some understanding of football which is more than you could say about a large percentage of commentators these days...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

can we just snuff out this stupid experiment to leach more money from football fans...?  How blatantly greedy and self-serving can a league be? 

The product on the field was borderline garbage.  No points in the second half by NE at home....?   what more evidence do you need?  Nice scrimmage.

I had to go to a bar to watch it.  Drank too much draft beer... . Yuuccckkkk.. ...

I like Thursday games.  And I think the short turnaround favors a team like the Patriots, who are more about discipline and versatility than raw athleticism.  I like having games through the week, and that I can now watch whatever I want on Sunday.  Mayock may be annoying to listen to, but he was spot on in his analysis and goes deeper than most guys will.  I would WAY rather listen to him then Al Micheals and Chris Collinsworth.

Drank too much beer?  Take your Mommy along next time to watch over you so you don't get hurt.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I don't get all the hate for Mayock.  At the least the guy has some understanding of football which is more than you could say about a large percentage of commentators these days...

Agreed...Plus his ending to describe the game was an oldie but goodie

"U..G..L..Y.. you dont need an alibi " "You're ugly !!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I like them, I like the NFL coverage, I like Mayock, like his insight on the players, (although he does feel the need to talk too much). Plus it's a chance to watch a game during the week, what else is there to do on a Thursday night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I like them, I like the NFL coverage, I like Mayock, like his insight on the players, (although he does feel the need to talk too much). Plus it's a chance to watch a game during the week, what else is there to do on a Thursday night.

Sleep. Get ready for wkend and Monday night football.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

I like Thursday games.  And I think the short turnaround favors a team like the Patriots, who are more about discipline and versatility than raw athleticism.  I like having games through the week, and that I can now watch whatever I want on Sunday.  Mayock may be annoying to listen to, but he was spot on in his analysis and goes deeper than most guys will.  I would WAY rather listen to him then Al Micheals and Chris Collinsworth.

Drank too much beer?  Take your Mommy along next time to watch over you so you don't get hurt.   

glad you enjoy it for your petty reasons...  The ugliest game of the year,  9 first downs,  11 punts, 4-18 on third down.  yeah it favors the patriots, right...  What favors the patriots is a panicky rookie QB on the other team. 

Its the ugliest, luckiest win ever.  Probly the last Thursday game for me, except for thanksgiving which is a tradition but if teams play on 3 days rest, it'll be a sh!tty game as most have proven to be.

Oh, and thanks for the advice. Coming from you it means a lot... You must have put some thought into that one.  Very clever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Brad Nessler is a moron. He missed names and pronunciations from the outset. Mayock is also annoying. The slurping and lisping has always reminded me of Dierdork. TV and radio used block people with crappy voices or speech issues from the industry.  It's amazing who gets jobs in the industry today.

Tony Mazz sounds like a whiny, high pitched woman and lisping Dierdork or Mayock aren't really qualified.

I like Mayock but he had the best line last night.  

'Steve Gregory an undrafted free agent from last year', LOL!

Anyone else notice that???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

Nice thread. Thursday games have sucked since the beginning. We as fans loved it because it meant another day to have an excuse to drink yell and be manly..... but in reality, the short week and subsequent "walk through" practices have usually led to a less than stellar performance. The final pre season games played by future free agents and short order cooks tends to be a much more pleasurable viewing experience . In a league that pretends to care about player safety, forcing these guys to slam into each other a mere 4 days after the last game is well................UNSAFE!!!

......and the games suck!!!!

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

Well said.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

It almost seems like the NFL network knew in advance that two inept teams would play each other and therefore, the network choose two inept people to do the announcing etc.  A most disgusting game all around.  Fortunately, many of those in attendance were fairly well gassed by it started pouring rain.  The single best thing during the entire night was seeing Teddy Bruschi all flamed up on the field with I assume one of his kids.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Patriots home opener earns 11 pecent ratings increase from week 1

Guess I'm not the only one.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-home-opener-earns-11-pecent-ratings-increase-from-week-1/bc7ffd28-a09a-478f-9cab-2f049bb985bc

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I agree

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Patriots home opener earns 11 pecent ratings increase from week 1

Guess I'm not the only one.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-home-opener-earns-11-pecent-ratings-increase-from-week-1/bc7ffd28-a09a-478f-9cab-2f049bb985bc

Your point being.. 

A) Lots of people like football and will watch anytime.

B) patriots are a popular team.

C)nobody has a life.

I watched the game at a bar in Vermont since the local broadcast feed channel 5 doesn't come in there.  Hey NFL network.. . VT is part of new England.

Whatever .... . The thread is about the quality of the game which which was horrible.  People that advocate this new scheduling are kind of blind to this.  I can wait until Sunday to watch a "real" NFL game with players that have those extra important days to get ready physically as well as mentally.

How many mental mistakes did we see...?  Ya think a few more days of practice putting in the game plan might have eliminated some of those?

Don't answer right away.  Check with davedsone and chat it over.  Then there's the physical preparation.  ask a player like mccourty or mayo how they feel  today after 2 games in 4 days.

The good news is now they have 9 days to get ready for the bucs.  Just a wild guess... The offense will gain more than 232 yards.