Another Great Thing About Brady's New Deal...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Another Great Thing About Brady's New Deal...

Belichick will most certainly be around for the duration of that 5 years as well.  That factor just kind of dawned on me this morning and I realized that we will not only be retaining an all-time great QB for 5 more years, but also most likely an all-time great Coach.  I can't imagine Belichick leaving while Brady is still playing here, but I've been wrong before...It's good to be a Patriots fan!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Another Great Thing About Brady's New Deal...

Good point Wazzu and agree. Nice to have the combo stick around together. I just wonder if bb stays longer or his timeline is the same as Brady's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think BB will be with the Pats in some capacity for a long time. 

We should also be happy that Jonathan Kraft will take over the team someday, and see the model that made them so successful.  I believe he will try and keep this team competitive for as long as he can.

It really starts from the top. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not sure I completely agree. Though possible, BB could also be doing this to make one last run for the next 2-3 years and the money saved is going to be used to add to that last run. BB is also a loyal guy to those who respect him and Kraft has shown him respect. He could just as easily be ready to jump in a couple years and wants a smooth transition to the next coach (McDaniels?) by carrying over the team leadership instead of leaving the team in choas without a QB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Belichick will be around as long as he is physically capable. He has indicated that multiple times.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Not sure I completely agree. Though possible, BB could also be doing this to make one last run for the next 2-3 years and the money saved is going to be used to add to that last run. BB is also a loyal guy to those who respect him and Kraft has shown him respect. He could just as easily be ready to jump in a couple years and wants a smooth transition to the next coach (McDaniels?) by carrying over the team leadership instead of leaving the team in choas without a QB.

They also said this about 2007.  The man lives for Football and shows no signs of slowing down either. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

They also said this about 2007.  The man lives for Football and shows no signs of slowing down either. 

This is true but I think what drives him is to be the greatest ever. He still needs that extra win or two to solidfy his legacy. What happens if he wins it next year, would he start to slow down or keep driving?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

This is true but I think what drives him is to be the greatest ever. He still needs that extra win or two to solidfy his legacy. What happens if he wins it next year, would he start to slow down or keep driving?

Or what if he becomes one of the only coaches to every win a SB with 2 different QB's?  There's a lot that goes into this and I get your point.  But I guess it goes with that saying as long as you love what you do, you would have not worked a single day in your life.  I think this is a passion and hobby as much as a job to the guy. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Another financial piece which i found interesting regarding brady's new deal was

"In some quarters it's been reported that Brady will have the final $24 million guaranteed if he's healthy and able to play in 2015. In reality, the 2015 salary will be guaranteed if he's healthy entering that league year, and the 2016 and '17 salaries guaranteed similarly, year by year, if he's healthy."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130304/joe-flacco-tom-brady-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2Mb8saTIH

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Now if only they can get us one more Super Bowl

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey Jr- Of course it's tremendous grind mentally for BB- He hasn't had or shouldn't have a good nights rest since Spygate!

I can see him now ...tossing and turning wondering how he can stand himself after what he did.

I'm just happy that players from other teams are now voicing their opinions about the fiasco that BB started. I hope that every sports fan on the planet never forgets.

I see that most of you are still patting Tommy Boy on the back for being such a "team" guy after he guaranteed himself an additional 27 mil in $$

Hooray for Team Brady- I can see his people and him after the meeting. Rolling around on the ground howling in disbelief that the pats swallowed the deal hook line and sinker!They must also be the best PR people in the World beacuse the fans bought into to and are now hero worshipping TB even more then ever!

Do old QB's get better with time or do they just get older?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Belichick knows what your thinking and he's not happy about it (retirement).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

He may stick around 5 more years, but I doubt it.  He'd be 65.  For comparison, Coughlin is 66 right now.  I just have a feeling that BB will retire in 2/3 years. 

He's been very vocal in past interviews that he won't be hanging around "like a Marv Levy (to 70)" as a coach.  Each year that goes by that he doesn't win the SB will (IMO) add more fuel to his thinking to retire.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Hey Jr- Of course it's tremendous grind mentally for BB- He hasn't had or shouldn't have a good nights rest since Spygate!

I can see him now ...tossing and turning wondering how he can stand himself after what he did.

I'm just happy that players from other teams are now voicing their opinions about the fiasco that BB started. I hope that every sports fan on the planet never forgets.

I see that most of you are still patting Tommy Boy on the back for being such a "team" guy after he guaranteed himself an additional 27 mil in $$

Hooray for Team Brady- I can see his people and him after the meeting. Rolling around on the ground howling in disbelief that the pats swallowed the deal hook line and sinker!They must also be the best PR people in the World beacuse the fans bought into to and are now hero worshipping TB even more then ever!

I'm posting this again...

"In some quarters it's been reported that Brady will have the final $24 million guaranteed if he's healthy and able to play in 2015. In reality, the 2015 salary will be guaranteed if he's healthy entering that league year, and the 2016 and '17 salaries guaranteed similarly, year by year, if he's healthy."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130304/joe-flacco-tom-brady-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2Mb8saTIH

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I wish he would retire. Hearing about smart he is all these years and not bringing home the coveted trophy is getting tiresome and I am not a pats fan by any strech.

I mean how hard is it to win games when you know what the other team is going to do before they do it? Does it take a "genuis"? Since getting caught...the pats haven't won anything but I think it's a combo of Brady's age and the genuis's age.

They're both getting a little old and their best stuff is in their rear-view mirrors.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Oh my mistake gogogo Did I say Brady strafed the pats for 27 million guaranteed when it was only 24 million?

My bad

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Oh my mistake gogogo Did I say Brady strafed the pats for 27 million guaranteed when it was only 24 million?

My bad

Looks like you cannot read...keep up your troll work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey gogogo- We can add you the growing  list of Brady Worshipers I guess??

He's old-Played horribly this year in big spots-Gerat job for team Brady getting all that extra dough but I'm not buying -Tom Brady for "Man of the Year"

NE apparently is-lemmings!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

1. Bet he sleeps just fine - how about you? Does the team you root for blow so much you have to spend time here and spewing inaccurate nonsense?

2. Yeah, we all know how intelligent pro athlete's opinions are...

3. You don't even know the details of the contract that's being discussed.

4. What quarterback do you root for?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

#1-I'll bet he doesn't sleep fine-How could he?He cheated the greatest game ever played and hasn't won anything since!!

#2- I listened to the interview-he sounded as if he was pretty inteligent-at least he didn't use ebonics-strong well thought out opinions

#3-I'm assuming you meant TB's new contract??The one where he gave himself a 27 million $$ raise-Is that the contract that I don't understand?What a team guy that Brady is huh?

#4- I vote for any QB that is playing against the pats on any given day